shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Could it be a stand in / temp ring? Would be surprised someone so high profile would reset ...i like the original better too

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
@bludiva I didn't think about the idea of a stand in ring. But all of the reports are saying it's a reset. I guess I'm surprised that she had it reset? If she likes it better though, great! :D

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
TBH I dislike the reset... I much preferred her original simple yellow gold setting. o_O
i just saw a story online in the sun about it
nothing too controversial
i too liked it better before
when they anounced their engagment Harry said he choose gold to match her other rings
i think the band looks too flimsy* and too fine in comparison to the size of the diamonds. and the 3 stone setting didn't need further embellishment...

*(i guess she's insured)
just imangine the outrage if she lost those 2 side diamonds that belonged to Princess Diana

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Could it be a stand in / temp ring? Would be surprised someone so high profile would reset ...i like the original better too
do you think its a knock off then ?

why can i never find the smilies when i need them ?

why not just get it resized if it doesn't fit
my mother had her rings sized one way or the other throughout her lifetime always by a reputable jewler and never had a problem

its not like Megs would trust the ring to some shonky jewller that would send it out to be worked on
i bet the BRF have a jewler either based in house (palace) or on call

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
do you think its a knock off then ?

why can i never find the smilies when i need them ?

why not just get it resized if it doesn't fit
my mother had her rings sized one way or the other throughout her lifetime always by a reputable jewler and never had a problem

its not like Megs would trust the ring to some shonky jewller that would send it out to be worked on
i bet the BRF have a jewler either based in house (palace) or on call

It's weird to me that a stand in wouldn't be an exact replica either come to think about it. I just find it strange she would mess with the ring knowing how much it is photographed and scrutinized.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's weird to me that a stand in wouldn't be an exact replica either come to think about it. I just find it strange she would mess with the ring knowing how much it is photographed and scrutinized.
i would have thought the jewler would have pointed that out to her
and its not like very good replicas won't be out there
i mean the rich and famouse often had fakes made of their spectacular pieces
poor she seems to be learning everything the hard way
why doesn't she just wear the beautiful Aqua of Dinana's she got for her wedding ???
an aqua mind not be as hard as a diamond but didn't Di buy it to wear instead of her ER
sigh
still ill give her a bit more time so long as she is making Prince Harry happy and she is respectful to all present and future Queens plus Prince Charles

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
So im going off on a tangent and my apologies if this has been discused before but im watchinh this thing on tv about Katherine of Aragon and something struck me about a similarity with our modern day Catherine
downloadfile-56.jpg prince-william-duke-of-cambridge-and-catherine-duchess-of-news-photo-1090452018-1547149103.jpg katemiddletonhatband-1547150443.jpg

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
So im going off on a tangent and my apologies if this has been discused before but im watchinh this thing on tv about Katherine of Aragon and something struck me about a similarity with our modern day Catherine
downloadfile-56.jpg prince-william-duke-of-cambridge-and-catherine-duchess-of-news-photo-1090452018-1547149103.jpg katemiddletonhatband-1547150443.jpg
Interesting observation! Keep them coming :D

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
Here are some photos showing the Duchess wearing Princess Diana's jewels.
These are the Collingswood pearl earrings, given to Diana as a wedding gift.
Screen Shot 2019-06-25 at 10.32.03 AM.png
A 4 strand pearl necklace made for Queen Elizabeth worn by all 3 Royals.
Screen Shot 2019-06-25 at 10.35.30 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-06-25 at 10.38.59 AM.png
A 3 strand pearl bracelet designed by Nigel Milne in 1988:
Screen Shot 2019-06-25 at 10.36.49 AM.png

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
If this has been posted before, forgive me! But I just saw this and am mesmerized. The Boucheron Ruby & Diamond necklace gifted to Queen Elizabeth by her parents to celebrate her wedding to Prince Philip.
Screen Shot 2019-06-25 at 10.46.55 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-06-25 at 10.47.05 AM.png

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Queen Alexandra's wedding necklace worn by not only the Queen Mother, but the Duchess of Cambridge.
Screen Shot 2019-06-25 at 10.42.02 AM.png
Queen Alexandra is one of my favourites and i love that necklase
i wish stomachers (not sure if that's the correct spelling) would come back in.but i guess alot have been broken up
ive seen The Queen wear one once - maybe at a private celebration jubilee dinner attended by lots of other European royals

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
93D5610E-F4D6-449A-B6DF-F1BE65BBD07A.jpeg Here’s another comparison of old and new
I think it's sad that Meghan felt the need to modify her engagement ring. Her ring is a cultural icon, and Harry designed it very specifically. The new ring has few of the original attributes he mentioned, it shouldn't have been altered IMO. If she wanted another ring she should have commissioned a new one!

It's a little different than PSers changing their ring settings... this ring sort of belongs to the people (figuratively, and I could argue somewhat literally as well!).

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
I think it's sad that Meghan felt the need to modify her engagement ring. Her ring is a cultural icon, and Harry designed it very specifically. The new ring has few of the original attributes he mentioned, it shouldn't have been altered IMO. If she wanted another ring she should have commissioned a new one!

It's a little different than PSers changing their ring settings... this ring sort of belongs to the people (figuratively, and I could argue somewhat literally as well!).
It made me sad too! Ultimately it was her/his decision but I don't think we've ever seen a Royal change their setting. Perhaps this is more of an American thing? I miss her old (Yet, not that old!!) Yellow gold setting!! Oh well.. IMO it now looks very common and trendy.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
king and Queen of Sweden enjoy a picnic at a roadside stop in Denmark
sorry no jewles on view but a lovelly storage box and a beautiful car
15418492-7195863-image-m-19_1561828573182.jpg 15418496-7195863-image-m-20_1561828584468.jpg

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Closer look of that brooch.
4705118.jpg

She wore it on her last visit to Scotland in 2017

britain-royal-scotland-bridge-132955.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results