shape
carat
color
clarity

Gene's newest stones (precision gem)

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
that blue sapphire is so pretty, surprised it hasn't been snatched up

I have noticed that Gene’s Tanzanian sapphires sont sell as quickly as his other gems. Umba sapphires can be perfectly eye clean, but under magnification the inclusions look disturbing. Winza sapphires which often have bits of blue and pink in them are beautiful in real life. I have one of each from Gene and I love them.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have had my eye on the purple Umba sapphire since it was listed a while and just purchased it using the UMBA coupon code. I was a little worried that the inclusion might bother me, but Gene said it’s not noticeable in most normal viewing. I asked him for a video of all three of the Umba sapphires he has listed together and here are few screenshots in case someone is considering one of the others, the UMBA coupon is good through the 22nd. They all look gorgeous!
1613D2B0-7E8A-4391-8511-37943D3D007E.jpeg 031EE90E-0980-4F99-A61B-992BE4EDC1B1.jpeg 53830495-551D-42CD-961C-88D45EC245BA.jpeg

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m not sure why those screen shots looks so blurry and desaturated. The stones look even better in the actual video, but I am unable to link it here for some reason. I’m sure Gene will email the video if asked =)2.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats @2Neezers it looked like a nice color. Please share you thoughts when you get it. I am wondering how dark it will be.

crystalinmke

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Maybe try and upload it to another site like youtube or streamable? that blue sapphire looks stunning! i imght email him for this video to see it in action.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m not sure why those screen shots looks so blurry and desaturated. The stones look even better in the actual video, but I am unable to link it here for some reason. I’m sure Gene will email the video if asked =)2.
Are the stones against a dark background in the video? That could be why. Stone color is best viewed on a white background as it shows truer color/saturation.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have had my eye on the purple Umba sapphire since it was listed a while and just purchased it using the UMBA coupon code. I was a little worried that the inclusion might bother me, but Gene said it’s not noticeable in most normal viewing. I asked him for a video of all three of the Umba sapphires he has listed together and here are few screenshots in case someone is considering one of the others, the UMBA coupon is good through the 22nd. They all look gorgeous!
1613D2B0-7E8A-4391-8511-37943D3D007E.jpeg 031EE90E-0980-4F99-A61B-992BE4EDC1B1.jpeg 53830495-551D-42CD-961C-88D45EC245BA.jpeg

How awesome. I'm glad you got to use that coupon code and I cant wait to see your pics. :love:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg the deep saturated purple is gorgeous!!! @2Neezers did you buy that one or the lighter purple? All 3 look great honestly.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought the light purple one!

ETA: thank you @2Neezers for posting the pictures because the one on the website made the one I bought look Halloween scary!

Btw for anyone considering the blue one, it is a really pretty steely blue color, the video does wonders for these sapphires.

Last edited:

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@2Neezers did you buy that one or the lighter purple?
I bought the darker purple @lovedogs . I hope it’s not too dark like @Stone Hunter mentioned and will report back when it arrives. I’m glad you got the light purple @StephanieLynn . It looks like such a pretty and feminine shade :love:. @crystalinmke I wish I was tech savvy enough to know how to upload the video through one of those sites, lol. I hope you were able to get the video from Gene because the medium blue sapphire is gorgeous!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If anyone wants to see the video for the blue you can reach out to me on LT and I will email it to you. I have a listing for my contact info there.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought the light purple one!

ETA: thank you @2Neezers for posting the pictures because the one on the website made the one I bought look Halloween scary!

Btw for anyone considering the blue one, it is a really pretty steely blue color, the video does wonders for these sapphires.

Great! Please post photos when you get it.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The yellow sapphire that @lilmosun so kindly passed along to me arrived and I love it! I have a floral setting from Aurosi Jewels that I had planned to set a Tsavorite in, but I think I might set the yellow sapphire in it instead. Here it is loosely placed in the setting. Thank you lilmosun!
19068724-8226-4498-8153-1E43191982FD.jpeg

voce

Ideal_Rock
The yellow sapphire that @lilmosun so kindly passed along to me arrived and I love it! I have a floral setting from Aurosi Jewels that I had planned to set a Tsavorite in, but I think I might set the yellow sapphire in it instead. Here it is loosely placed in the setting. Thank you lilmosun!
Gorgeous! Glad you got this one!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Checked my email this morning and the sapphire should be here in 2 days :appl:

This will be my first stone from him...can't wait. I'm also surprised the blue sapphire is still available.

IMG_5268.jpg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Like a pop of sunshine! Do it, do it, do it! :mrgreen2:

Would you mind sharing a pic of that setting on your hand? I'm adding it to my Etsy favorites list for a possible future purchase.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I read the email wrong, it was actually shipped on the day I bought it and arrived today!

Unfortunately these inclusions are more than I can handle, bummer because the color is actually pretty sweet, it's either pink or violet depending on the lighting.

Am I being too hasty here? Is this typical for an unheated, untreated Umba? I do have two purple spinels on their way from Gemrite (one was not listed on the website) how long is Gene's return policy? It would be great to compare but they might not get here in time.

The rin setting is the actual setting I am using.

IMG_5269.JPG IMG_5270.JPG IMG_5271.JPG IMG_5273.JPG IMG_5274.JPG IMG_5276.JPG IMG_5282.JPG IMG_5289.JPG IMG_5291.JPG IMG_5293.JPG

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I read the email wrong, it was actually shipped on the day I bought it and arrived today!

Unfortunately these inclusions are more than I can handle, bummer because the color is actually pretty sweet, it's either pink or violet depending on the lighting.

Am I being too hasty here? Is this typical for an unheated, untreated Umba? I do have two purple spinels on their way from Gemrite (one was not listed on the website) how long is Gene's return policy? It would be great to compare but they might not get here in time.

IMG_5269.JPG IMG_5270.JPG IMG_5271.JPG IMG_5273.JPG IMG_5274.JPG IMG_5276.JPG IMG_5282.JPG IMG_5289.JPG IMG_5291.JPG IMG_5293.JPG
It sure is a pretty color! I’m not sure if inclusions are typical in unheated Umba sapphires, but I have one I purchased a while back from Gene and it does have inclusions throughout similar to the stone you have. They do take a bit of getting used to and if you prefer eye clean stones they would most likely bother you. I just found his return policy on his site and it’s 7 days, so hopefully you have enough time to compare with the Gemrite stones. The color does look pretty in your setting :)).

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Like a pop of sunshine! Do it, do it, do it! :mrgreen2:

Would you mind sharing a pic of that setting on your hand? I'm adding it to my Etsy favorites list for a possible future purchase.
@elle_71125 This is the best hand shot I could get on this overcast day. My iPhone amps up the pink tones in my skin a lot for some reason, so I don’t do hand photos very often. My ring finger is an 8, so this setting would look larger on your lovely hand ;)2.
FBDA2540-6911-4AFC-B95E-90F3AB14B66A.jpeg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your input @2Neezers I'm going to think about it some more because I really do like the color.

Your yellow sapphire is beautiful btw, love that setting too!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sleeping on it never hurt.
If you loupe it and look for surface reaching ones (didn’t look at his listing to see if that’s mentioned - if so, disregard) maybe that might help make up your mind?

Edited - “change” to “make up”.

Last edited:

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My new rule is that if I don't absolutely love it--I send it back. I'll give myself a day or so, but if it takes more than that, then I don't love it and I need to send it back.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@elle_71125 This is the best hand shot I could get on this overcast day. My iPhone amps up the pink tones in my skin a lot for some reason, so I don’t do hand photos very often. My ring finger is an 8, so this setting would look larger on your lovely hand ;)2.
FBDA2540-6911-4AFC-B95E-90F3AB14B66A.jpeg

Thank you so much! :D It’s really gorgeous on you btw.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@2Neezers I adore that yellow sapphire in your setting! Yummmmmy!

@StephanieLynn If it doesn't make your heart pitter patter, then maybe consider something else. There's a lot out there, and it has to make you happy. Just because it's from Gene, doesn't mean it will "wow" you.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MrsKMB yeah I know but I wanted to be part of the Gene club (stomping feet like a child).:lol-2:

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock

Sweet Stephanie, I can totally relate to you in that I cant wait to be in the "Gene Club" either but I always miss the best deal/my favorite stones, or cannot afford them.
To be rather honest with you, while I see why you were drawn to the stone, with its sweet baby-doll like color, I personally think that the inclusions are a bit "too much" and drown out the gemstone. Sadly they are all I can see in the photos :( It might grow on you though and if it does I say keep it! If you arent in love with it though why keep something just to say you have it you know?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah you are right @TheGarnetGirl and @natasha-cupcake it's not the one so it will have to go back but I have other stones on the burner so excited to see how they work out.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results