shape
carat
color
clarity

Which Jeweler to Purchase From

parkour

Rough_Rock
I just did a search on PS on a diamond GIA, and it came up with three jewlers selling the same diamond at different prices

B2C Jewels $4036
Adiamor $4200
Blue Nile $4607

There's a big price difference between them for the same diamond. Is there any catch for choosing the jeweler selling the cheapest diamond? Or does a jeweler like Blue Nile offer a service/guarantee that's worth the $600 difference?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve deal with blue Nile and B2C and here are the differences I have noted:

Blue Nile is very straightforward and the easiest. But, their upgrade policy is that you have to spend double. I did upgrade studs with them and that was painless, but I wasn’t able to upgrade them again (the next double is too much for what I want) and I was not able to upgrade my asscher stone because it would have been another 9k when I didn’t really want to spend more than say 5k. (But I re set it custom with CVB ID and it’s perfect now).

B2C is pretty easy, but you get handed off to various people along the way. One takes the order, one takes the payment, one does the CAD etc, so you get a lot of phone calls from them etc checking to see if you are happy. I find it can get a little overwhelming. But the service is good and th product is great and I’ve been happy. Last time I checked, their upgrade policy was you lose 20% and then you can do what you want, spend what you want. I actually find this upgrade policy to be not so bad.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me personally, for a $600 differ nice, I would choose B2C (unless blue Nile price matches etc). I have not dealt with adiamor.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What service guarantee would have a value, primarily one in the future, of that value? Would such an increased benefit be available for a similar, higher or lower cost then instead of now? Will the company offering such a series of "benefits" still be there and willing to make good on them?

I have no stake in the game and possibly there may be some benefit or group of benefits which speak to you and give you comfort and increased confidence. My own way of buying should not influence your personal decision because few folks think the same or have the same financial constraints.

If you think about what you get for the added money and find it meaningful, then don't fear your own judgment. I'd be far more fearful of what others tell you to do since they don't know you and you don't know them, either. As the up front cost of benefits increases, the need for them will seem increasingly less important. You need to decide with your credit card or wallet where to draw the line. I'd be careful deciding based on others telling you how to make up your own mind. It is great to get factual and solid, unbiased advice, but one size does not fit all.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have blue nile princess cut .50 x 2 studs my husband bought years ago and a B2C ring I love.. I found B2C excellent to work with and Blue Nile was great with my husband. I'd go with the cheapest.

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'd go with the cheapest as well. From what I understand, all three have similar return policies, upgrade policies, etc. I have purchased from Adiamor and BN and both were great and I've heard good things about B2C, so I would have no reservations purchasing from any of these three (using credit card of course for the additional protection offered). Another option is if either Adiamor or BN are your preferred retailer (happen to have a setting you prefer, etc.), you could always see if they will price match B2C's listed price. GL

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d ask BN to price match.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results