shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hopefully I have read and caught up. Between going to the city for almost 4 days and waiting for the ring, and then Scarboroug is 're-assessing' all our homes to 'ensure' taxes are 'fair' (heck they want to ensure we aren't 'over paying' LOLOLOL) what bugged me was the guy coming in, I'm all for paying my fair share and more if needed, but I really find it obtrusive and a bit weird that a guy comes in and says 'hmmm 2 story ceilings' 'hmmmm Wood Burning Fireplace'!!!! '4 bathrooms!' then joking every time and oh year this one 'hardwood floors in every room WOW!' and he measured every room with an electric device.. I'm scared now. OH well we shall see, I personally thought we were paying top dollar but time will tell (when I get the next bill).

@marcy Thank you girl Ever is forever and I appreciate your kind words.. So you don't get rid of 'moanin myrtle" (thanks J K Rowling) so now she's a pariah and you are stuck with her.. sucks and sorry. You knit? I think that is awesome, I tried it once and made a scarf that was about 6 feet long and kept getting wider on every row, gave it to my boyfriend (ex husband eventually. We all hear the adage "to make money you must spend money" but I think since Marty LOVES working out that the gym will be successful and you will see a return, I think that's half the battle in owning a business, you have to like your product. I've never seen a Macan in real life, send me yours! ;-) I will be it is a speed demon.. John thinks Ever is great, but he's not quite sure I am really done, he thinks I will get DSS. hahaha! I hope not. have a great weekend Marcy girl.

@Mamabean You ARE a keeper Joanne and you are the best mom, wife and furbaby mom, seriously. Don't sell yourself short lady, you are very special and that is the truth. I love EVER! thank you for your kind words Joanne, I mean it, you are special. xo

@Calliecake hello sweetie.. I am so sorry you have the damn kidney stones, but I am glad you are having yourself taken care of, my idiotic, dead sister didn't, she was afraid she had cancer so she had all this pain till one day at work she passed a lotta blood and stones, then she felt better, but when she died, her calcium number was SKY HIGH, and if she had gone to a doctor maybe whatever killed her would have been found and maybe treated. She was an idiot, and I loved her with all my heart. Thank you for taking care of yourself. Thank you for your sweet and lovely words about Autie, no pix for the last 2 days but she is precious. You asked what John said when he first saw Ever - well he said "Now THAT! is a rock", John is an enabler of my diamond love, but I believe it makes HIM feel that he is successful and can buy jewelry for me, and it makes me happy and he wants me to be happy (and thinner hee hee) he's a very good man, and he's a keepah as they say up here in the northland. Callie I saw an AV moissy at MrsB's get together last fall, actually I saw a bunch of them, I almost bought one, but had already bought my ring from David Klass otherwise I would have, I think they are beautiful and almost look more beautiful than diamonds, I could never tell the difference between an AV Moissy Oval and the Opulence Oval. BTW sweetie John named Ever "Next in line stone" sometimes John is a pain too. Have a great Friday and hope you feel good. xoxoxo

@junebug17 Viva Las Vegas! I've only been there once, my brother in law got married there on 10/10/10 and we had a blast, food is good there and I love to play the slots. Your view is to die for Junie!. Thank you so much for your words about Autie, she holds my heart in her hand, she makes me happy and I feel very lucky June to have her in our lives. Ty again. And I hate when the dentist gives a lecture on flossing! they are pains those dentists but we need em. Happy weekend! xoxoxo

@Austina Hi, has Boris been elected yet? Should be fun times ahead. I think it's awesome that you are involved in heping animals be adopted, I hope it gives you tons of happiness because it's a wondeful thing to do Austina, animals are defenseless against humans really, finding good homes is imperative. As to meeting in Austin! I think so and we can have iced tea or coffee or whatever and share rings.. can't wait.. before you know it I'll be there and you will be too I Hope. Happy weekend. xoxoxo

@canuk-gal Hi Sharon!!!! happy friday and YES! I love Ever and thank you so much for your kind words sharon!! xoxoxo

@Luvallgems hello! welcome. If our husbands don't/can't/won't get involved or buy us what we want, then it is our right to buy what we want, I do. again welcome!

@AV_ Hi lady.. happy day off I think? although it's evening now. And YES my stone is a glitter bomb.. thank you so much for your kind words about Ever.. may she forEver be my stone! Once the sun eventually comes out here in Maine I will take more pix! happy weekend AV xoxo

@LLJsmom Hi Thank you so much LLJsmom! I love this ring, I am very pleased but also I feel very very lucky to have something of this caliber.. happy weekend!

@Scandinavian Hi Scandi I so hope your mom is feeling okay.. let us know.. Thank you for your wonderful words about my new ring, but I would love to see some pix of YOUR AWESOME ring, I have seen one or two but a full page ad might help me ;-) have a wonderful rest of your weekend Scandi and I truly hope everyone is doing well at your home and I loved all your pix Scandi of the animals, simply fantastic! thank you.. happy rest of the weekend.

@missy Missy you hold such a place in my heart.. Missy your pix of HRH with the green eyes made me cry, such a beautiful little one, I so hate that our fur kids don't live as long as we do. All you and Greg do for animals is so amazing, your feeding of the ferals, your helping in the shelters, you do Frankie PROUD.. so many of us know this unbelievable love of our fur kids, I do, I can only say to you Missy that I am your friend, I am here for you and Francesca was a Royal Highness, because all we give to our fur kids is so little compared to what they give us.. all love Missy, all love to Greg, all in my heart Francesca. always. xoxoxxoxo

I hope I have caught up and want everyone to know how nice I feel about everything and how we all love Missy and how we are NIRDIs, because we all really did it at times in our loves and we share that especially. Happy weekend ladies. xoxoxoxo

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@junebug17 what a beautiful hotel. Hope you had a blast seeing Seinfeld. I think he's hysterical. And enjoy those glorious pools. Thank you for your continued good wishes. (((Hugs)))

@Tekate thank you great Kate and fingers crossed for you re the property reassessments. I too think we are paying more than our fair share at the beach house. We have a smaller house than our next door neighbors but paying an extra 3k over what they are paying. Hope you receive good news on all your properties.

Thank you honey for your wonderful and kind comments. I feel the same about you. Completely. (((Hugs))).

@Scandinavian lovely photos. How is your mom?

@Slick1 happy weekend my dear friend.

Today we are going for a bike ride first time since the francesca ordeal began. My heart is not in it but hopefully it will afford us some freedom from the grief for a short time at least. A respite if you will.

Leaving you with HRH in one of her fave spots in Brooklyn. She loved laying in the window feeling the sun and fresh air on her face and body.

frankieinwindowsill.png

Enjoy a wonderful Caturday Saturday girls. (((Hugs))).

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday all! I have two school days left. @Mamabean I am a middle school special ed teacher. I wish I were still a student. :lol: Love your new DK ring and hope the reset goes perfectly and you can love your baguette setting and Lentil again.
Hope you enjoy your ride today @missy as it’s the first nice day all week. I am sending continued warm, loving thoughts to you and Greg. I am so sad about your losing your Baby. It’s clear how much love and care you gave her. I hope the fresh ocean air helps relieve some of your grief.
So we had the Bridal shower was last week and the wedding is in October. Thank goodness as I have a repair surgery tentatively scheduled for July 3. Hoping this is the last surgery. Dr will use some belly fat to fill in the ‘dent’ area that bothers me on my jaw. People tell me it’s hardly noticeable but to me it’s unacceptable. Like a ding in a new car door. My eye is drawn to it. It’s been fourteen months I have been dealing with this. Awful. I am slowly weaning off the antibiotics. Praying this will take care of the c diff. This needs to end. I’m so tired of it and being ‘that’ sick person. Its just so unlike me. I have always been the caregiver not the care taker.
@Tekate I absolutely love your new ring. I hope you are enjoying her and being careful driving with Ever on. Loved your pics from NYC. Gotta love those roof decks!
Hi to all the wonderful NIRDIs. Hope all is well with you ladies. :kiss2:
I’ll have more time to keep up soon. Did I already mention I have two more days left?! :dance::appl: It’s been a looooong year.
((Hugs)) all!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Sorry I didn’t get time to post yesterday, I spent most of the afternoon getting my unruly mop tamed. It’d been 8 weeks since my last cut and colour and boy, did I need it!

Yesterday evening, Adam messaged to say that Shirley had texted him to “come get me”. I found her DIL’s number, so he contacted her, and we waited to find out what was going on. She’d spent the day in her room, and it seems had locked herself in. I emailed her just telling her what we’d been doing this week, and she emailed back to say when we visit, can we speak to her jailer about letting her out what used to be her house.

Frankly, after that, I was too tired to do anything else.

@missy, I hope you enjoy your ride today, I know being outside and the physical act of doing something, can lift your mood. It won’t take away the great pain you’re both experiencing, but doing something that you love together, will, I hope, help.

That’s why I don’t read the instructions @Mamabean , they can literally scare you half to death! Honestly, I wouldn’t be worried about using the Oven Pride without full Hazmat gear, the warnings are to cover themselves from complete and utter numpties as we call them! :mrgreen2:

Woohoo, only 2 days left @Slick1 , you deserve to have several weeks off, which I hope you will take full advantage of to do something nice for yourself.

We won’t know who the next PM is for a few more weeks @Tekate. The knives are out for Boris, so we’ll have to wait and see. I’m looking forward to trying on Ever too :D I try to help out with the rescue charity whenever I can.

Hope all is well with you @Scandinavian, if animals have to be captive, it’s good to see them in as natural surroundings as possible.

Your weather is just crazy @marcy, hope you’re keeping safe and warm.

Have a great weekend lovely NIRDIs, there’s a floor that needs washing calling my name :wavey:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina this is troubling about Shirley, did she exhibit any signs of dementia before the death of her DH? This could be a psychotic break due to unbearable loss of her husband Austina. I am truly sorry this is going on, it could just be a coincidence or perhaps her husband had been covering for her for a while (memory loss etc). At this point you all have to consider some serious psychological workup. I am so so sorry and sincerely hope it's a break and she can recover, most due when it's a break due to shock. My heart to you and her family. I can see why you were tired. 8 weeks without going to the stylist. Ha I go 8 months, lazy Kate.. I'll bet you look totally stylish as usual! maybe a pix with your ring prominent! (oh and I have a floor screaming for me!). Have a great rest of Saturday. (Boris is his own worst enemy in a way I think).

@Slick1 girl do you HAVE any belly fat? you always look thin and gorgeous to me. I know what you mean about a dent.. Hopefully the surgery will go well and you and I can compare eventual smiles, long roads, always winding.. how is te e-coli going? the never ending story. 2 more days till school's out for the summer! (thank you Alice Cooper).. bliss I hope for you.

@missy maybe they are over billing you at your beach house because your view is phenomenol view? I'm glad you are riding today Missy, it will be 80 here today in Maine, you probaby have gorgeous weather by the water.. take it in. There are no words Missy, only hugs I can give you, you have been wounded severely, don't hold it in sweetie. xoxxo (and make sure you can eat something and enjoy the small things you don't always see, if you can). Hi and hugs to Greg. love you.

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend. all love. Kate

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@missy--I hope your bike ride is the distraction you need. HUGS.

We also cycled today--it has been raining here this last week, but sunny and 20C today.

@Tekate are you tired of your ring yet? If so just send it to me--I'll gladly pay kind attention to it!:P2

Hello to all NIRDIs.:wavey: Someone needs to come make supper for us. Offers??

cheers--Sharon

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I hope your bike ride distracted you and Greg a little, and I hope it felt nice to get some fresh air. Such a sweet pic of Francesca. Continuing to wish you comfort and peace, and keeping you in my thoughts. <3 (((hugs)))

@Austina, sorry to hear about Shirley :cry: She sounds very unhappy. So hard to say what's actually going on...grief, depression, dementia etc. Sending hugs to you, it's hard to see a friend struggling like this. I'm due for a cut and color myself, my roots have magically appeared overnight, eek.

@canuk-gal, yay to nice weather! I would cook for you if I could (although not sure you would want that lol)...there's always take-out :halo:

@Calliecake, hope you're feeling ok and enjoying your weekend. Xoxo

@Slick1, hang in there, the end is in sight! I'm sorry you're still dealing with the c-diff and I hope you are off antibiotics soon. I'm sending good wishes for a successful surgery, it sounds like it will help you feel much better about yourself so it's definitely worth it.

@Tekate, I wouldn't complain if you got the urge to post some more pics of Ever. :kiss2::halo: I'm hoping all goes well with the reassessment; I can definitely see how the whole thing would be kind of unsettling.

Jerry Seinfeld was really funny...so clever and entertaining, what a pro. Tonight is Aerosmith, and then we're heading home tomorrow. It's been fun, but I think a couple of days in LV is about all I can handle lol! Just a few pics of the hotel.
26D87869-C44C-48B6-8052-6B90DDBAD087.jpeg B3D5DB6A-4E00-428A-889D-68CBCFDC01A3.jpeg

Hope everyone is having a good weekend xoxox

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Scandi; I looked at your pictures before reading you post - I was kind of freaked out you had a lion in your yard. It does look like a nice place for the animals. Yes, Marty is going to open his gym sometime next month. He is very excited. I hope it does well fo him. That one employee is going to quit in early August. I honestly wish she was staying; she’s a good employee.

Missy, I’m out of cheesecake but I did brew up cookies for Marty’s poker game. Come on over! I hope you and Greg had a nice ride today and it was a distraction for you. I continue to keep you and Greg in my thoughts wishing you find some comfort from this awful sadness.

Junebug, too funny - I always call lions and tigers kitties too. They are so cute. Great view from your hotel. Glad to hear the Seinfeld show was good. I hope you are have a wonderful time of your vacation.

Kate, how is Ever doing? Sparkling intensely, I’m sure. That county assessor sounds very serious and intent. They always miss us so then we get a paper in the mail to fill out ourselves. I fear Moaning Minnie will be a thorn in my side forever or at least until I retire. I do knit. I started as a young kid and used to knit a lot. I can crochet too but I have to watch it very carefully and I hold the crochet hook like it’s a knitting needle. The end result is fine though. Marty is very excited so I hope that enthusiasm carries over in to a successful business for him. Thank you. I really like my Macan and it is a speed demon. Although my Porsche salesman told me I should never admit my ticket was for going 31 mph. Too funny. I am glad John thinks Ever is great. That is awesome he wants you to be happy. You never know about DSS; it is catching around here.

Slick1, how fun to have a bridal shower. The wedding will be here before you know it. Good luck with your upcoming surgery. Woo hoo to having two more days left.

Austina, nice you got your hair done. I need to get a trim before we head to Arizona. I figure the 2nd day there will be the day my bangs become too long. How awful about Shirley; it is hard to know what to do for her especially being so far away. Our weather is crazy; some mountain towns around here got 2 feet of snow with more expected tonight. The spot we used to hold star parties for our club got snow and we have been there at this time of year. It’s nuts.

Sharon, nice you went for a ride today.

We had our astronomy club meeting last night. We went out for a snack afterward with some friends. One of the guys recently got 3 speeding tickets while commuting to work in Colorado. I told him he may lose his license for that plus his insurance will drop him. Poor guy was pretty freaked out and kept emailing me and texting me until I finally said I’m going to bed. Our DMV includes that kind of info in our driver’s license renewal and I remember reading it. With out lead foot I felt it was pertinent information for me to retain.

We went grocery shopping after breakfast today then stopped by Marty’s gym. He has a key already yet hasn’t signed a contract. He wanted to measure everything to determine how to layout his equipment. Our grocery shopping led to Marty power washing the floor in the garage. He dropped and broke some bottles on the garage floor so there was glass and sticky stuff everything. Fun! This afternoon we went out for lunch. I brewed up some chocolate chip cookies a while ago for Marty’s poker party. So far 5 guys are here. He came up to get “cash” from me and I made him use the Killer Rabbit’s $60. Ha Ha. I have to pay one of his rabbits protection money.

We’ve seen a deer behind our house twice now so I am kind of watching for it tonight so I can get a picture. The first time I thought it was twilight and even thought I thought it was a deer I decided oh it has to be a dog. This morning Marty spotted it first and we watched it for a several minutes. It kept trying to get out through people’s yards but they all have fences in the back. It seemed to be getting a bit upset but finally figured a way out. I thought of going on the deck to get a picture but since it was already kind of upset I didn’t want to make it more nervous.

I should be working on my June newspaper article but my book is far more interesting.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls.

@junebug17 what lovely photos and I am so pleased you had a wonderful time in Las Vegas. A perfect getaway for a few days. Safe flight home.
Thank you for your continued well wishes. Francesca is with Zoe now and they are frolicking about Rainbow Bridge causing quite the stir I am sure. And Billy and Butch and Buster and Apache and Jesse and Harley and Tara and Sammy and Simon and Gunther are all there to greet them and take good care of them. To name but a few. (((Hugs))).

@Tekate thank you so much dear Kate for your comforting words. I know you get it and have been there. That kind of grief is always with us though our loved ones remain in our hearts forever. I shared a letter written by an author that my friend sent me that I found to be truth and poignant. It's in the fur baby prayers thread that @Luvallgems started when Frankie first became ill. Anyway I just shared it there and thought it to be a lovely tribute to all our furbabies who are gone from this earth. I hope you are enjoying a wonderful weekend. You are correct our weather is cooperating and we are getting out and cycling. But not gonna lie. It's not as much fun as our minds and hearts are with our Francesca. Each day is a process. One day, one hour and at times one minute at a time. When the grief strikes hard it feels like we are being sucker punched. All the wind taken out of us. Our sweet girl is gone.:cry2:

@marcy your astronomy meeting sounded like fun Friday night. Oh no to your friend who got 3 speeding tickets in a row. Did you say chocolate chip cookies? We will be right over. Good luck to Marty for signing his lease. It's happening. I love deer. They are so graceful and elegant and beautiful. Good luck getting some amazing deer photos. Do you remember the time Greg and I helped the baby deer cross a busy road in Deal NJ? I remember it like it was yesterday. Glad you are enjoying your book and good luck with writing your newspaper article. We did ride yesterday and dealing with our grief moment by moment. Thank you for your good thoughts. XO

@Slick1 yay only 2 days left. And so pleased you are doing well and feeling A OK and may that continue. Continuing to keep good thoughts for you and sending buckets of healing dust your way. One day this will be a distant memory my dear. And make no mistake about it. You are a beautiful person on the inside and out even before the corrective surgery. But you will get back to where you were before and you will be happy with the results. I feel this in my heart. (((Hugs))).

@canuk-gal thank you dear. Pleased you are enjoying cycling and that your weather is cooperating. Sending you hugs across the miles dear Sharon. As for making you supper as soon as Greg feels better I will send him right over.:halo:

@Austina I am so sorry about Shirley. What a dark sad situation. I am keeping her in my thoughts. Hope you got your floor washed and can now just relax and enjoy the rest of the weekend.

@Mamabean how is your weekend going? Thinking of you and sending love and hugs your way.

We had a nice ride yesterday and plan on the same today. Heading out soon. Sending you all love and hugs. Leaving you with a photo of HRH under the covers. She loved playing and hiding and just laying about all cozy and safe and warm. Such a love and such a beauty. In all ways.

Screen Shot 2019-06-23 at 5.47.53 AM.png

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I will check the thread, your poetry is ALWAYS amazing, beautiful and lovely. I admire poets, I could never be a rapper that is for sure. LOVE the pix of beautiful Francesca.. beautiful. I hope your rides have been good and you can feel the wind (or some wind) Missy, I feel closer to my thoughts of a higher power/being when the wind blows.. you are special. ((MISSY)) all love.

@junebug17 your pixs were tops! hope you are having a wonderful Sunday June :) eta cause I forgot! how was Aerosmith! I love Steven Tyler, the whole band rocks.. lucky you Junie! (Seinfeld is good too but I read he's worth 800million so I know he must actually be great!) xo

@marcy I think your interest in astronomy is wonderful, you and John would have tons to talk about that is for sure. Marty must be in heaven.. I know I would be.

I forgot to mention this, I am buying a ring that my niece Kate is making, she showed it to me when I was in the city (a pix of it).. she takes classes at Fitzgerald Jewelry in Brooklyn, I've been by a few times, I think Kate may have found her calling in life.. Fitzgerald is an arty jewelry place, people take classes there constantly and you can see the artists/jewelry makers working, it's interesting, I'd say it woud fit in really well in say a Woodstock NY or New Paltz, NY environment especially, but this is Brooklyn. The stone is 1 carat yellow beryl (a light yellow stone) and it will be 18K gold, stand setting, bezeled. I'm happy to help Katie out, she keeps talking about the 'show' that the store will be having so I said to her, keep the ring till the show and if someone asks say it's sold but you can make another! Finding her place in life has been hard for Kate, but I think this will be her calling. I read that bench jewelery jobs were no growth because all the stuff is going to China, but I think if enough people get sick of poorly made things then bench jewelers will make a comeback, I would hate if I knew a ring of mine was being sent somewhere far to be fixed, insurance or not.

Love Ever, I love walking in the sun! I feel so so lucky and when I think about all that is happening in our world, I feel guilty, I really do. But I love it.. Autie is getting big, we are going to Austin at the end of July for a week, and I wll be spending the month of October-mid November in Austin taking care of Autumn, Cara will be working part time and Mike is allowed to work from home one day a week so it won't be too much I hope. :)

love you guys!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, I am glad you had a nice ride yesterday and went out again today. Is the weather nice? We are still have snow in the mountains around here. Sweet picture of Francesca under the covers. I still have cookies for you - they are keeping fresh in the freezer. I do remember when you and Greg helped that deer. Very cool! I looked this morning but I didn’t see any deer strolling by.

Kate, too bad John isn’t closer and could come to an astronomy meeting. Fun. Tell him my July article is on the Summer Triangle. Of course since we keep getting snow around here it’s doesn’t feel like summer. I am so excited to hear how much you are enjoying Ever. Since your ACA is twice as large as mine every time I am enjoying my diamond I think wow what must Kate’s diamond look like now? Do you have a picture of the yellow beryl ring Kate is making? I’d love to see it. I have wanted an EC yellow beryl ring for a long time. I have two 5x7mm ED yellow beryl stones but they ended up in my gem jar. Pretty exciting you’ll be spending lots of time with Autie soon.

Yes ladies, Marty is very excited about his gym. Thank you for your well wishes and enthusiasm for him.

Marty’s poker game went well but he lost the rabbit’s $60 plus the $60 he came and got from me. They were still going strong when I went to bed about midnight. I did finish my book last night before going to bed about midnight. Today I did laundry and got my July article written for the paper. I figured I may as well use the same article in my July newsletter so I started on it as well.

Take care.
Marcy

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I’m glad you had a nice day weather wise and you were able to get out and cycle. Take it hour by hour, day by day. You have lots of love and support from people who want and will help you get through this. Hugs.

@Tekate , How fun that you have a trip planned to see Autie. They grow so fast. It’s been fun reading about how much fun you are having enjoying your new ring. Missy needs to teach us all her secrets for photographing diamonds. I had to laugh at John’s comments about this ring not being the last one. I hope jewelry making is successful for Katie and am excited to see her designs. You are a wonderful Aunt. You aren’t alone about feeling sad about what is happening in our country.

@junebug17 , It looks like you are having a wonderful time! The hotel is beautiful. I can’t wait to hear all about the Aerosmith concert. Have a safe flight back home Junie.

@Austina , I am so sorry about Shirley. Do you know if she has seen any specialists to figure out exactly what is going on. Hopefully seeing you will bring her some comfort.

@Scandinavian, Sending healing dust to your mom. Hopefully she is feeling better and the doctors figure out what is causing the fluid in her lungs. Is she still in the hospital?

@marcy, You are a nice wife giving Marty money to lose playing cards. I love seeing the deer too.

@Slick1 , Congratulations on only having two more days of school to go. So, are you happy the school year is coming to an end??? LOL! Hopefully the medication for eliminating the C diff is finally coming to an end and you can put this behind you.

@Mamabean, I hope you had a good weekend Joanne.

My husband has me watching a CNN special about Apollo 11 and is telling me to put the iPad down. We had a fun weekend catching up with one of DH relatives yesterday and did some jewelry shopping for his cousin. It’s always fun looking at eternity bands.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Callie, I watched that special on Apollo 11 as well. I enjoyed it. It sounds like you had a nice weekend especially since you did some jewelry shopping. Marty never has cash. I swear I could give him $100 and he not go anywhere yet that money would be gone. Plus he wouldn’t remember where it went. :D

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Hope you’ve all had a good weekend.

Glad you enjoyed LV @junebug17, it’s a great place, but a few days is more than enough.

Best of both worlds @Calliecake , jewellery shopping without having to spend any money :lol: I love any programme to do with space.

We’re going to miss each other again @Tekate, we leave Austin on the 10th July, and get there again on the 30th of November :mrgreen2:

At least Marty didn’t lose the house in his game @marcy, will the killer rabbit be exacting revenge in order to get his money back?

Glad you’re enjoying good weather @missy, I hope being out in the fresh air and with your sweetheart, is helping lift your mood.

Sorry for the quick replies, mega busy at the moment getting everything ready.

Quick update on Shirley, she’s very paranoid at the moment, locking herself in her room all day. I’m in touch with her DIL, they haven’t taken away her car keys (not that it would be safe for her to drive), Shirley’s lost them and the insurance has lapsed. They can’t reinsure it without the title, which is also missing. I was dreading talking to her yesterday, and constantly had to redirect her from claiming she was being kept prisoner by her ‘jailer’ DIL. Apparently they literally had to force her to go to lunch with her friends. The plan is for her son to talk to her when he’s back, and show her the abusive emails that she sent him, if she refuses to accept there’s a problem. She’s also talking about going to live at a care facility one if her friends own. Ironically, this is the same place her own MIL went to when she had dementia.

Have a good day :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@Tekate how wonderful that your sweet niece Kate has found her passion and that is making jewelry. And that you are commissioning a ring from her. I know it will be gorgeous and I cannot wait to see it. Yellow is such a sunny bright happy color. Just like you Kate.

Thrilled you are loving Ever and what is not to love. She is a stunning piece and you wear her so well. I am not surprised Autie is getting big and how much fun you are going to get to see her again so soon though I imagine any time away feels like ages away at this stage. Lovely you are planning future trips to help the family out too. Win win. More Autie for you guys and a bit of help for everyone else. Very nice that Mike is able to work one day a week from home and that Cara can go back to work part time. It's a good compromise.

@marcy yes the past 2 days were lovely weather and today some of the same. It is getting very hot this week coming however so stay tuned. No snow predicted here though. Thank goodness. But it is nice if you want a change of scenery you can just head to the mountains...get your skis out...not... haha.
Aww thank you for saving me your yummy baked goods. We are looking forward to enjoying those.:lickout: Darn you didn't get any Deer photos yet but there's always another day. And double darn Marty didn't win the poker game but again tomorrow (next poker game) is another day and it's sure fun trying to win. Not as much fun losing but the camaraderie of the game makes it worthwhile if it's not too much money lost. I hope work goes smoothly today and that Neg Nellie isn't being negative. Of course your positivity outshines any of her negativity so there you go.

@Calliecake glad you enjoyed some bling shopping and some family too. It's a good combo. Hope that stone passes very soon and that it does so painlessly. My guess is you already passed it. Wouldn't that be nice?

@Austina so sad about Shirley. I am very sorry. It seems that it goes that way at times. One spouse dies and the other one falls ill. Life can be so hard in many different ways. That is why I always try to be kind to everyone because you never know what battles they are fighting. That is the truth. Hold onto your loved ones tight girls and cherish every single moment.

@Mamabean I hope you enjoyed a lovely weekend and are thrilled with your new pieces.

@Slick1 woohoo last day is tomorrow right? When cycling yesterday we ran into our good friends and she is a teacher too and today is her very last day of school. Needless to say she was looking forward to the summer free from school.

We had a nice ride yesterday and the weather cooperated again. Had Days ice cream as we did Saturday too. @Tekate Not going to lie. I haven't had much of a taste for food or ice cream but yes I have been forcing myself to eat as I have my endocrinologist appt this Wednesday and if I lose weight he is going to flip and I do not want to deal with him giving me a lecture again about being too skinny. I have no clue what I weigh as we do not have a scale here at the beach house but I am definitely eating though not enjoying any food atm. Just eating to survive right now. Cycling was enjoyable but not as enjoyable as before. I know grieving is a process and a slow one at that. We miss our sweet Francesca. I feel guilty that Greg is so broken up about her too because if it weren't for me he wouldn't have even fallen in love with our cats. He was not an animal person when I met him but look at him now. Sigh.

Today is a work day for my dh but we are going to get out and cycle for a bit while we can before he has to do his work calls etc. I hope everyone has a good Monday. (((Hugs))).

Saturday ice cream

Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 6.00.46 AM.png

Sunday ice cream

Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 6.00.21 AM.png

AV_

Ideal_Rock
how we are NIRDIs, because we all really did it at times in our loves and we share that especially.

I'd bet that writing that sort of things would get NIRDI on the front page of DailyMail & beyond ,) Your hand can carry Ever and Autumn at once, IMHO (this is also a subtle picture request...)

@Austina I will ever question what I have not done for a chieldhood friend (a loved lady, if unexpectedly turned distant) somewhat in Shirley's situation. I do not, in fact, know if she could get used to living alone after a life of anything but, only that she did not call on me & I did not know any better.

-

I've thrown in the towel over the weekend. I'll keep in mind what you wrote about winds @Tekate : what's 'home' again? - I do not really remember, in fact. So be it.

@missy Of course I am glad to hear of your doing things as always & fingers crossed for the impending medical - if only I could take your mind off these darned painful things! I only know how I do It...

will catch up

Have a great week ! - to anyone who's reading

Last edited:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Thank you Missy. Katie is my heart, but I have a niece Tara who was born 10 days after Kate who owns my heart too. Those 2 women are as different as night and day. Tara is getting married 7/7 in CT and we will be going. Your ice cream looks delicious! You know Missy, you are a part of the walking wounded I always call those of us who have lost a deeply loved one, we move on, we walk, but there's a bit of a shadow to our steps. How's Greg doing? Please eat as best you can sweetie, please. Greg loves you, immensely and fully, he loves your furkids because it's an extension of you that he now has. I think it's beautiful. Altho I can totally understand your feeling of responsibility, I personally don't think Greg would have it any other way and you two will be together and supporting each other in this grief.. I know, as you said it takes a LONG time, yes it does. mucho love and keep up your strength Missy, please. xoxoxo

@Austina we will meet up. we just will I am sure. I hope all goes well with Shirley Austina.. I have read that change is life situation can really open up dementia, and I would bet her husband was covering for her Austina, my in-laws were both in an adut retirement homes that had the stages of living (or death :) ) one day my BIL was visiting and he noticed his Dad wasn't shaving, didn't speak a lot, but his Mom was speaking more, but her short term memory loss was getting worse, so BIL walked around the apartment and noticed that there were checks lying about the tables, one under a lamp that was for 5K USD, all out of date, so BIL checks at the front desk and finds out his parents hadn't paid their monthly rent for a YEAR (plus interest of course). Boy most of us were fooled for sure, one bother (John has 4) noticed something off with their Dad b4 they sold their home and moved into the retirement community but said Nada (my least fav BIL).. so this began a merry go round of trying to get ahold of their accounts, it was HELL, neither one had co-signers for their investments etc (they were asked on 2 occassions but each time one balked), BIL had to start the process of becoming their financial caretaker - jeeze louise I tell you it took over a year, every sibling had to be interviewed by TWO lawyers - court appointed but their estate paying ha! asking if the thought Brother #2 (john is bro #1 and oldest) was not a crook, demon from hell, liar, thief, and all around creep, all 5 siblings attest to their brother's good nature, kindness, and good money management skills (he's married to a cardiologist who is richer than my in laws were by far), after that it took at least 6 months for BIL to be appointed then for the last 9 years BIL has been their money guy, he had to go to court once a month for all those years showing his management of the money, the state of Maryland said they had never had a couple both with dementia (my MIL had regular old age related dementia and my FIL had frontal temporal disease, ugly thing to have) I found that hard to believe but WTF. My FIL died in 12 and my mother in law died this past April.. poor BIL, he I hope anyway, feels FREE.. he had to drive from Charlottesville VA up to DC every month for those years, he's a great, wonderful guy! long story but I think interesting in that people should ensure they have someone looking over their shoulder as they age if they have a decent estate. xo

@marcy LOL to Marty and cash, that's me, John would come back with 110.00$ because he made interest. Lucky me to have him because I would be poorer than a church mouse without his skill in saving. I will tell John Marcy, we have two telescopes here but we are going to sell the old one b4 we sell the house... one of the A criteria for the next house is the best night sky we can get, it's hard in our country to get a good night sky, it was horrid in Austin, in NYC it's light, here it's a bit better except for the AH next door he believes every night is Christmas (he of the damn boat and incessant rap or country music playing, he who has put his watering spouts on our property because when he built his house he didn't get a survey ((we did)) he thought we were nuts when John went over and told him his driveway is very very close to the lot line. We were going to plant a zillion trees and bushes so we had the lot line mapped out again and now he can see where the line is, now he's friendly - jerk) :) man I am evil. lol but sweet.

@Calliecake girl, we are sisters re: our beautiful country, a crying shame :( . thank you so much for your sweet words about EVER! every is forever, but John named her "next in line" I cannot see me with anything bigger than this on my finger, I don't socialize (actually I don't even socialize that much anymore) with people who would know it was real, my family probably thinks it's a fake (MY family not John's and since most of my family is dead I don't socialize with them anymore but in my head, daily, hourly!) :) to be honest I could shop for eternity bands every day! and I find it more fun shopping when others are buying. Glad you had a good weekend with fam Callie girl. I remember Apollo 11 so WELL.. wonderful time to be an American, right b4 my senior year in HS, I was so proud, we all had posters in college the next year of the landing on our walls in college in late 70. (also it was a shitty time with the Viet Nam war and unrest with us youngsters then). xoxoxo have a good week.

@Slick1 looks like you have a gorgeous ring coming your way, I didn't know Red sold some of her jewelry, she has a gorgeous OEC as you I am sure, probably know. How is the Cdiff going? I am sure he can't wait for wednesday! xoxoxo

@Scandinavian hi! hope your mom is doing okay Scandi. xoxoxo

@AV_ mid afternoon in your part of the world! happy rest of monday and the whole week too! xoxo

@junebug17 Morning June! happy week to you! xoxoxo

@Mamabean morning girl, you going back to your other house? funny how I thought you were in Greece or Rome! hahaha (I am old) have a wonderful week! xoxoxo

Good morning everyone!

I am attaching a photo Mike sent me this a.m. of Autumn. God knows what time this was maybe he put her up in her room this morning, I didn't ask, he just sent it with a "Good morning! Nanny"!! :) don't know if you can see the thingy on her ankle but this is from the camera above her crib.. boy Mike is my son, not John's.

Autie62419.png

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy I’m happy you got to get a ride in and have some ice cream over the weekend. I’m sure it feels like you are going through the motions but it’s so good for you both to get out.
Your feral house for the kitties is amazing. The two kitties outside of it do look they are going back for seconds..:P2 It is such a wonderful thing to do for them..Greg most likely didn’t know he was a kitty person until he met you..<3
My husband wasn’t a dog person..I can’t tell you how much he loves Bailey. He pretends he doesn’t but I listen to him talk to Bailey from another room..and it’s funny to hear him. When we first adopted Bailey..we heard about a dog that had to have an operation that cost an astronomical amount. I remember asking him when Bailey was a puppy if he would pay for an operation like that for Bailey if he needed it. He said no..I hoped he didn’t mean it...which made me mad. I always responded by saying that I would if Bailey needed it. As the years went by I would ask him again. He always says no..but he would smirk...He’s a softy but doesn’t like to show that side of him....Well...Over three years ago Bailey had trouble with vomiting and D. I took him to a well respected top of the line Veterinary hospital. I TOLD him I was taking Bailey to get sonograms and any tests they thought he needed. He responded by looking concerned and told me to do whatever Bailey needed to have done. I was going to do it anyway..but the look of concern on his face showed how much he loved Bailey. Two years ago Bailey ripped his doggie equivalent ACL when I was in Maryland alone with my mom and David. He jumped in the car and drove to Maryland to get Bailey to a local vet there. The vet said he would need surgery. He carried Bailey like a baby to the car so I could drive him home. He’s a bigger dog so he needed an extensive surgery that was over $4k..not counting all the tests, visits, meds, etc. The morning of the surgery he looked so nervous..He’s not one to say anything..but he asked to call him when the surgery was over..and I was to make sure he got the best pain meds..whatever he needed. Bailey looks at him with such love that he melted him. He loves that Bailey waits by the door for him when he comes home from work..I understand how much you both loved Francesca...and know only time will help make it bearable..
@Slick1 Is this your last day? Thank you for being a special education teacher. I know it’s a hard job...Only special people can do what you do.
I hope your infection is cleared up. How you can smile through all you’ve been through is amazing. I hope you had a fun weekend.
@Scandinavian Hi Scandi! :wavey: Nice to meet you! I love all the pics you post..The animals are beautiful. I’m happy they have a lot of room to roam..and not stuck in cages..How is your mom doing? I’m sorry she has water in her lungs. I hope it clears up soon..
@Austina How was your weekend? I think you’re leaving tomorrow to see Shirley? I hope the visit goes better than you think...It is possible that she has been having issues when her husband was alive and he was keeping her in check.
@marcy I hope everything goes smoothly for his opening mid July. What did he say about the reason the owner is letting him have it three months rent free. You’re putting so much into the place. Did he sign a contract? Your cheesecakes sound delicious. Do you put it in a water bath? I used to make them a long time ago. I lived next to a Home Education teacher when I was in my 30’s...She was so domestic..making everything from scratch...had a spotless home, perfect at everything. I had small children..ponytail on the side of my head...toys everywhere...She taught me how to make it for a get together at my house. I just remember the water bath and turning the oven off and not opening for a while so it wouldn’t crack..
@Calliecake Are you enjoying your Infinity? My husband is asking me what I want to do...I want the Discovery so I’m ordering a lightweight folding step ramp from Amazon to see if that would work to get him in. I found out yesterday that Bailey will jump in the car for me but not my husband. He makes my husband pick him up and put him in! I think he’s getting too old to jump in the back no matter what height it is. Either that or he’s getting too many treats!
@Tekate The pic of Autie smiling in her crib is precious! What a smile! I see they wrap her like a little burrito..I did that with my babies..
Have you been signaling planes overhead with your blindingly beautiful EVER? I bet people are seeing your flashes of light from your yard! It’s a beauty! :love:
:wavey: @av Did you have a good weekend? Has the heat of summer hit you yet? I know you said it gets pretty hot where you live. I can’t take the heat. I love my air conditioning!
We went to Maryland this past weekend..The air conditioner died on the main floor. It was a Saturday..and I know from experience if I called with a problem on a weekend..they won’t come until Monday. My husband calls and they sent someone over. This makes me really mad.
Hugs to you all..Have a great day..I’m stuck at home waiting for my bling...:lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I waited all day for the biggest bling package..and it’s not coming today. It’s comong tomorrow...The eternity band that was supposed to come tomorrow came today. So...I’ll be waiting here again tomorrow...:confused:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I waited all day for the biggest bling package..and it’s not coming today. It’s comong tomorrow...The eternity band that was supposed to come tomorrow came today. So...I’ll be waiting here again tomorrow...:confused:

Aww I'm sorry but you know you cannot just post and run like that without sharing photos of the bling that did arrive today...

457492dro0rb016c.gif

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aww I'm sorry but you know you cannot just post and run like that without sharing photos of the bling that did arrive today...

457492dro0rb016c.gif
It’s just a simple yellow gold channel eternity band. I didn’t even open the package yet! :lol-2:
I’ll do that now...It’s not going to be great though..I bought it to go with my Wonky! :lol:

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s just a simple yellow gold channel eternity band. I didn’t even open the package yet! :lol-2:
I’ll do that now...It’s not going to be great though..It’s to go with my Wonky! :lol:

Whaaaaat, you received a bling package and you did not yet open it? Woman are you feeling OK? OMG get me a thermometer someone quickly please. Joanne!!!!! Must see bling. :appl:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean this ⬇️⬇️⬇️

Whaaaaat, you received a bling package and you did not yet open it? Woman are you feeling OK? OMG get me a thermometer someone quickly please. Joanne!!!!! Must see bling. :appl:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
gonna delete my first post, Joanne!!!! it's beautiful and goes beautifully with your other rings.. you got it going with the gorgeous ring.. I so admire your husband for givine you money to buy what YOU want. good man for a very good woman.

added: okay Ima gonna leave it.. beautiful ring lady.. xoxo

7A706868-3700-4158-A237-50FC860C52EC.png 03995D73-1E48-46A0-85C7-73B9093FECB2.png
It’s pretty! It’s VERY sparkly!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
7A706868-3700-4158-A237-50FC860C52EC.png 03995D73-1E48-46A0-85C7-73B9093FECB2.png
It’s pretty! It’s VERY sparkly!

THUD!!! It is simply stunning! I LOVE it.:love: Do you love it? It looks fantastic. Nice bling purchase girlfriend.:appl:
And thank you for sharing the pics with us.:kiss:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
okay now I am going to post a NOW I REALLY DID IT.

so, a few years ago I bought a beautiful tourmaline from a PSer, so I put i somewhere ... maybe over the rainbow or in the garbage somehow! who the heck knows.. so today I went to my safe deposit box to get out two small semi eternity bands I wanted to wear, well they are not IN THERE, the last time I remember having them was when I was in Europe and my hand swelled and I put them in my wallet.. hahaha, they're somewhere but not with me anymore.. soooo I'm not going to tell my team leader about the missing rings as he already knows about the stone.. heehee.. I hate being old.

my mom would say "Catherine don't cry about spilt milk" but I have teared up a bit.. I am reckless sometimes.. I dunno.. jeez louise. anyway, now I have to work on him to buy new bands, I have to wait a while since I have EVER and Kate's pretty little ring coming.. maybe by Xmas.. who knows.. as also my great Irish mom would say "Catherine, you can not find your way out of a paper bag"! she was tough.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
okay now I am going to post a NOW I REALLY DID IT.

so, a few years ago I bought a beautiful tourmaline from a PSer, so I put i somewhere ... maybe over the rainbow or in the garbage somehow! who the heck knows.. so today I went to my safe deposit box to get out two small semi eternity bands I wanted to wear, well they are not IN THERE, the last time I remember having them was when I was in Europe and my hand swelled and I put them in my wallet.. hahaha, they're somewhere but not with me anymore.. soooo I'm not going to tell my team leader about the missing rings as he already knows about the stone.. heehee.. I hate being old.

my mom would say "Catherine don't cry about spilt milk" but I have teared up a bit.. I am reckless sometimes.. I dunno.. jeez louise. anyway, now I have to work on him to buy new bands, now I have to wait a while since I have EVER and Kate's pretty little ring coming.. maybe by Xmas.. who knows.. as also my great Irish mom would say "Catherine, you can not find your way out of a paper bag"! she was tough.

Dear Kate the Great and wise remember things are just things. You have your loved ones all around you who cherish and adore you and that is what matters. Please don't feel sad about missing those bands. One they will probably show up and two they are not what are important. What's important you are rich in and your riches know no bounds. (((Hugs))).

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Tekate Oh Kate! I feel so bad for you! I lose things too! I lost a Tiffany bean necklace Scott and Allie bought me. I turned the house upside down...I looked everywhere for months. I was concerned the kids wouldn’t see me wearing it and think I didn’t like it. I went to Tiffany’s and bought the same one. I can’t tell them I lost it..I still feel weepy talking about it. I hope your bands turn up! This eternity band is preloved from eBay...I wanted to get some yellow gold bands to wear because everything I have is either white gold or platinum. I love getting rings preloved. I would have preferred a prong set band..but this one came up and thought it would go well with Wonky.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results