shape
carat
color
clarity

New semi black Australian opal

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I recieved this lovely semi black Australian black opal from Black Opal Direct. It measures 7x5x2mm N6 B3 and has mostly greens and blues, but some yellows and oranges come out in certain light. It is currently being set, but I wanted to share pictures with you. Here are pics and video of opal below as well as the setting (it will be in yellow gold not white) :)

0.65ct-semi-black-opal2.jpg 0.65ct-semi-black-opal1.jpg
s-l200.jpg

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely! There's something magical about black opals, and that setting is great!

I just bought an opal too and will be looking for an antique-looking setting as well. Care to share where you are getting it from?

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lovely! There's something magical about black opals, and that setting is great!

I just bought an opal too and will be looking for an antique-looking setting as well. Care to share where you are getting it from?
Hi. This is from Ivy and Rose. They dont have many setting for oval stones as much as rounds, but they can custom make a tweek rings to work with you stone :)

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful opal, @userangl28212003! I recognized the Ivy & Rose setting, it should look great with your gem :)

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't wait to see this completed, I love opals! :dance:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Justin at Black Opal direct is a gem himself! He has and has cut some spectacular opals.
You will love your ring, opals are magic.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Omg! Has Ivy and Rose confirmed they can set your beautiful opal in it? I just thought that setting was for faceted stones only, and never thought about setting a cab in it. We could be setting twins! Though, you have way more opal than I do. Iirc, you are the owner of the "WoW Outlands/Zangarmarsh" opal.:P2

Last edited:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!!!

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Omg! Has Ivy and Rose confirmed they can set your beautiful opal in it? I just thought that setting was for faceted stones only, and never thought about setting a cab in it. We could be setting twins! Though, you have way more opal than I do. Iirc, you are the owner of the "WoW Outlands/Zangarmarsh" opal.:P2
Hi. Yes they are setting it now. I did have to pay a little extra for them to add a cup, pretty much a backing where the hole is for more support of the cabochon.

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Justin at Black Opal direct is a gem himself! He has and has cut some spectacular opals.
You will love your ring, opals are magic.
Hi. Thanks I do have a collection of opal rings already a couple of ethiopian and one one boulder from opex opal,I did have a black opal ring, but realized my heart wasn't in it and sold it on loupe troop. When it comes to dark or black loose opals, I will only buy from Justin which I trust.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great find!! Thats going to be awesome in that setting!!! Yum!!!:love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results