shape
carat
color
clarity

Besides your wedding dress..what is the most expensive dress you own?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it from a famous designer?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The most expensive dresses I own are my black tie gowns and even those are moderate in price. Not expensive for what it is. Less than $300. I love bargain shopping and love getting gorgeous dresses at great prices. I love high end vintage stores where you can score a sweet vintage (generally unworn) dress for under $300. Even my wedding gown was a sample gown and was I believe $1500. Which is pretty good for a quality designer wedding gown. Though for a gown I wore once it was probably too much money. But you only live once and life is short. If you can afford it and it doesn't break the bank and it brings you pleasure go for it.

31d87b9554ea17201aa5b6db007fecf0.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not telling! But I will say it was by Dolce and Gabbana, and Heidi Klum wore the same dress one week while hosting Project Runway.

My dream dresses are formal from Carolina Herrera and Elie Saab, and something custom from Christian Siriano. But in general, I'm more of a Levis + white t-shirt in summer / cashmere sweater in winter kinda girl.

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
At the moment, it's a Kate Spade silk dress that I got off the sale rack at Neiman-Marcus. One of my best finds ever. That same day, I snagged a Brighton purse to match (also on sale). It was a good shopping day!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My wedding dress 20+ years ago cost over $3000+ my debutante dress when I was a teen was $1000+ I have some what I consider expensive dresses that are between $800 to $1800, and a couple of custom gowns one of them I had hand made for a ball it cost $2600.... and no it isn't a famous designer it's a local Aussie designer that is in the city I live in.... all of the gowns including my wedding dress and Deb dress were handmade in Australia, most of the designers I buy are also Australian.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I paid £89 for my wedding dress in 1978, so every decent dress I own now costs more than that, and none are designer :lol:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I need a good reason to put on a gown.

NTS

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Good dresses are timeless. No sin to have a few.....:P2

cheers--Sharon

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL Banana Republic, maybe $80? Dresses are NOT my thing!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I have a few dresses/gowns in the $200-300 range that I have purchased for important events, but that they are in line with the cost of my wedding gown, because I purchased a natural silk wedding gown (sample size) for $299!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, $200-$300 max. I rented my wedding dress. Bought the evening dress, maybe over $300 with tax. But that was a long time ago. If I wear a dress (not a summer dress) once a year, that is good. TBH, I wear pants to over half my formal events.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no idea but my guess would be would be a little over $300.

Disoon

Rough_Rock
My evening gown worn to my wedding. $800

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Yep, $200- $300 for me, too. I get most of my dresses from the better department stores like Macy's or Dillard's but I wouldn't even recognize a designer dress if it wasn't pointed out to me as such.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe $30? Definitely not a designer! I don't often end up places where a dress would even work so don't really wear them often. I have a few dresses I got on sale last fall between $5-15 so maybe I will wear them more often. Wedding dress was like $250.

Q

Queenie60

I have an all lace St. John gown that I purchased for my daughter's debutante ball. I paid $3500 for this gown. Still own it and maybe I'll wear it again as it is timeless.

Reactions: AV_

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have an all lace St. John gown that I purchased for my daughter's debutante ball. I paid $3500 for this gown. Still own it and maybe I'll wear it again as it is timeless.

@Queenie60, St. John for me was also one of my more expensive clothing purchases..$800 or so, & that was over 20-25 years ago. Classics never go out of style--it was a knit, (of course) and would look current even today! Sadly, those were my long gone size 4 days....:lol:

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought a timeless summer dress at wunderkind when the brand still existed.. As it was couture it was over 2, 5 k... I think I should rather have bought bling instead

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My first wedding dress was £600 in 2007. For my next one it'll be about £1500-2000.

I don't have any proper designer clothes but I have some true vintage and reproduction vintage by small brands. I rarely wear high street stuff. I probably spend about £100-150 per dress, I don't go out much any more so haven't bought a special occasion dress for years. About 5 years ago I bought a couple by Pin Up Girl Clothing in the Black Friday sale so I spent the same on 2 as I would have if I bought one from the UK Stockist. The same dress is still available for $186 but iirc I paid about £70 each so they were about half price :praise:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My wedding dress? it cost with tax 84.00$ in 75. I suppose the most expensive dress I have purchased is my mother of the groom dress two years ago, I paid 250.00$ for it. The idea of spendng money on designer clothes seems ludicrous for me, I'd rather save and use the money for bling, but I do have a thing for designer purses.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
32DE407F-40C1-4A56-A9AB-35DFE1F5307C.jpeg Oh dear, embarrassment time again.
My wedding dress cost $8,000 nearly 20 years ago. It was heavily embroidered / pearls so it was the labor cost. The veil was $800 and the headpiece, another $700 I think.
Formal wear I love Escada. I also have some vintage Chanel. I have a vintage Couture Chloe ball gown and another two heavily be jewelled ball gowns. None of which now fit :(sad
Any of them cost more than $1,000 or 2!
I also spent over $1,000 on my daughters Christening gown/hat/ shoes.
She looked like a doll.
These days I’m wearing $5 T shirts and $20 yoga pants.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bron357 I need to see that wedding outfit please ... Close-ups PRETTY please !!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have an exaggerated pear figure (lots of martial arts = small waist and thunder thighs) so couture and designer things don’t fit me well.
My most expensive dress is a bespoke silk dress I had made in China. Sadly a bit tight these days.

Reactions: AV_

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@MakingTheGrade I hear you about having a figure not likely to fit off the rack... (for no good reason - it so happened)

Kudos for the martial arts history!

DiamondGal28

Rough_Rock
Dresses - zero dollars, but I do have a pair of riding breeches that were $300, obscene I know! :lol::lol::lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results