shape
carat
color
clarity

Please Show Me Your Emeralds

Shiny_pretty_things

Rough_Rock
Not really! It has a formal feel and seems out of place unless I am really dressed up. Maybe I should start just putting it on and enjoying it out of the box more. Although I am also nervous about damaging it somehow!

Yes thats always what worries me about emeralds:(2

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, I WANT!!

Its seldom I see something that really needs to belong to me, but I just know this emerald bangle was supposed to be mine and wants to live at my house, I'm just sure of it!
Sigh, me too.

Wanaka

Rough_Rock
Premium
Hi guys, just an update from me on the progress of my anniversary ring. So Yvonne sourced us the side diamonds, which are tapered and 'normal' baguettes. Here they all are together (her pic):
IMG_5025.jpg
Excuse the little yellow-looking one on the side, I believe that is just picking up the sun (I know Yvonne would not have chosen one non-matching, yellow diamond for me ::)) and as per previous photos there is no black zone/extinction (?) on the emerald - just an angle. The purpose of this photo was just to give me an idea of how they all looked together, it was a bit of a mission for Yvonne to find the tapered's so I'm very grateful!

And below is the CAD rendering of the design:
IMG_5026.jpg
Not sure why the emerald's proportions aren't showing but it's 5.82 x 7.03.

Next step is to set (we have chosen platinum) and this has just been a wee bit delayed on my end, but we hope to press 'go' very very soon!

voce

Ideal_Rock
Hi guys, just an update from me on the progress of my anniversary ring. So Yvonne sourced us the side diamonds, which are tapered and 'normal' baguettes. Here they all are together (her pic):
IMG_5025.jpg
Excuse the little yellow-looking one on the side, I believe that is just picking up the sun (I know Yvonne would not have chosen one non-matching, yellow diamond for me ::)) and as per previous photos there is no black zone/extinction (?) on the emerald - just an angle. The purpose of this photo was just to give me an idea of how they all looked together, it was a bit of a mission for Yvonne to find the tapered's so I'm very grateful!

And below is the CAD rendering of the design:
IMG_5026.jpg
Not sure why the emerald's proportions aren't showing but it's 5.82 x 7.03.

Next step is to set (we have chosen platinum) and this has just been a wee bit delayed on my end, but we hope to press 'go' very very soon!

Ooh, did Yvonne source the emerald for you too? I really like the tapered baguette look, but at least in this preliminary CAD view the semi-bezels (?) to set the emerald look rather heavy.

Wanaka

Rough_Rock
Premium
Ooh, did Yvonne source the emerald for you too? I really like the tapered baguette look, but at least in this preliminary CAD view the semi-bezels (?) to set the emerald look rather heavy.
@voce Yes, we got the emerald from Yvonne and here is the inspo design, which is based on a ring custom'ed by Yvonne for another client of hers:
Inspo.png
The semi-bezel bits (LOL, now that you have mentioned it, I can't un-see the 'bezel' :lol-2:) are actually the un-cut-off bits of the prongs. Yvonne told me about that so it was easier for me to visualise on the CAD render. Also she said that the detail on the four claws will be added by hand, so do not show on the render. At our request, Yvonne also sent us the 3D CAD file and we had a lot of fun spinning it around and checking out the various design elements. We do have CAD software though, which I guess most people don't?

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wanaka, I admired that emerald when it was still in Yvonne's shop :) I love the ring design and the baguettes, can't wait to see the finished product :)

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our reconditioned pendant, and recently acquired studs set by DKJ.

9.26 Ct Emerald Pendant 4.jpg 9.26 Ct Emerald Pendant 3 (2).jpg Emerald Studs DK1.JPG Emerald Studs 4 (2).jpg
What a great pendant! Love the sumptuous size and style. The set is wonderful! Congratulations!

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Missy, I'm a whole lot whiter, and a whole lot uglier than my beautiful wife. I don't think it would look quite so good on me !!!!! :mrgreen2:

Ha ha! At least you get to enjoy her bling up close!!

It does seem a little unfair to the gentlemen sometimes. I don’t know any men near me who wear gemstones, except a few who made a man’s ring with a beloved mother’s diamond.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ha ha! At least you get to enjoy her bling up close!!

Yes it is good for me! DW has quite the eye for pendants, and we have the beginnings of a collection. Is there a "Show Me Your Pendants" thread?

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@prs If there’s not, there should be!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Let's start one! @prs I can't get enough of all your DW's incredible bling!

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good find, @renwea! It looks great with your other rings. Finding a pre-loved eternity ring that fits can be a challenge, I've found.

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@renwea That’s a beautiful classic color emerald on you! Congratulations on your find!

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
889B31EA-DFA1-4AF7-AEF4-1571D144B6B7.jpeg
My 3.43ct Columbian set with 2cts diamonds in PT950. A find from a local auction. It’s a pain trying to capture the real beauty of an emerald, it looks more vivid IRL

WOuld love to see more pictures of your emerald! It's a heart shape?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
889B31EA-DFA1-4AF7-AEF4-1571D144B6B7.jpeg
My 3.43ct Columbian set with 2cts diamonds in PT950. A find from a local auction. It’s a pain trying to capture the real beauty of an emerald, it looks more vivid IRL

This is so beautiful :love:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remember when I was a kid, around ten years old, I saw a rock hound book with a picture of an emerald in a matrix like that. I thought I could find that in my backyard!! My love of emeralds began back then.

Nick_G

Shiny_Rock
I remember when I was a kid, around ten years old, I saw a rock hound book with a picture of an emerald in a matrix like that. I thought I could find that in my backyard!! My love of emeralds began back then.

I remember being mesmerised as a child by a similar specimen in, I think, the museum in Sheffield, which had a beautiful emerald crystal embedded in dark grey rock, from Colombia. It was the vividness and saturation of that green that wowed me, with just a hint of blue in there.

I actually have very few emerald specimens, maybe 3 including the new one. It's also the nicest of them too. Even though it's quite a light green it seems to have an almost neon glow about it.

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
@Rad_Fan - It is extremely difficult to capture, moreover I am a bad photographer to begin with :blackeye:

NICE! Love the color and great finger coverage! Keep taking million pictures of it and you will get better, trust me...;)2

Wanaka

Rough_Rock
Premium
After a whole year... guess what is finally on my hand! :kiss2:

Close-up photo to show the details, taken under fluoro halogen kitchen lighting.

Hand shot also under the same fluoro halogen kitchen lighting. (Why do hands always look so awkward, arrrgh :lol-2:)

And the GLOW in overcast evening light outside.

77475A6D-9353-4F07-938F-D5FD215D5A1C.jpeg BC0F210D-03B9-4ABA-B614-AD294FB22EE4.jpeg 7FFC93D7-3325-4841-8E12-F67B6EED06A2.jpeg

Yvonne’s bench did a stellar job on that oh-so-fine engraving and milgrain. The emerald glow is unreal! I think I finally get it now, even though my colour is lighter than what is usually desired :mrgreen2:

Apologies for the blah photos, my phone camera has permanent ‘soft focus’ after I scratched the lens :lol-2: but I was too excited and wanted to share with y’all before I can borrow a decent camera phone from someone else!

voce

Ideal_Rock
After a whole year... guess what is finally on my hand! :kiss2:

Close-up photo to show the details, taken under fluoro halogen kitchen lighting.

Hand shot also under the same fluoro halogen kitchen lighting. (Why do hands always look so awkward, arrrgh :lol-2:)

And the GLOW in overcast evening light outside.

77475A6D-9353-4F07-938F-D5FD215D5A1C.jpeg BC0F210D-03B9-4ABA-B614-AD294FB22EE4.jpeg 7FFC93D7-3325-4841-8E12-F67B6EED06A2.jpeg

Yvonne’s bench did a stellar job on that oh-so-fine engraving and milgrain. The emerald glow is unreal! I think I finally get it now, even though my colour is lighter than what is usually desired :mrgreen2:

Apologies for the blah photos, my phone camera has permanent ‘soft focus’ after I scratched the lens :lol-2: but I was too excited and wanted to share with y’all before I can borrow a decent camera phone from someone else!
Wanaka, your emerald ring is absolutely gorgeous! What's the origin of the emerald? Columbian, Ethiopian, Afghani, or Russian?

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful. I love the setting! I think the emerald color is very pleasing and the glow is evident. More pictures, please!!

Wanaka

Rough_Rock
Premium
@voce Thank you ::) The emerald is Colombian and only lightly oiled according to Yvonne. I wore my ring out to dinner last night and couldn’t believe how the emerald glowed even in low light! Is it normal for emeralds to be ‘on’ even in low light?

@natasha-cupcake Thanks, I am bowled over by how delicate the setting is. I think it was executed beautifully! Way beyond my expectations so I feel very lucky! I’ll have to wait until later today for the sun to come up for photos - it’s winter here and I want to see how this baby looks in bright light :mrgreen: But in the meantime here’s a couple of glamour shots from Yvonne ::) (I’m actually kinda pissed at myself as I’ve left it too late to leave her a positive review on Etsy...)

1B9C2F71-6E7C-42B3-9FEA-E9D04878ABE0.jpeg

22942EBC-1398-4945-81C0-834915E776CC.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results