shape
carat
color
clarity

Gene's newest stones (precision gem)

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A yellow sapphire has been on my wish list, so I was excited to see this one in such a strong color. I ordered it and am hopeful I will get the confirmation that it is mine :D.

If you don’t like it, holler at me. I’ve been wanting a round yellow sapphire, though lighter in color. I’m very interested to see how your pics come out and if you like it.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If you don’t like it, holler at me. I’ve been wanting a round yellow sapphire, though lighter in color. I’m very interested to see how your pics come out and if you like it.
So happy a PSer got that sapphire. It's gorgeous
I hope I got it! I’m still waiting for a confirmation from Gene. It’s possible someone beat me to it and he just hadn’t marked it sold on his site yet. I’ll update as soon as I find out :D.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm actually a bit annoyed to see that red/purple sapphire on there because it is stunning, and I would buy it in a heartbeat if I hadn't already purchased the lighter pink/peach Umba sapphire from a couple months ago! I even asked if there was anything more of a red, pink, or orange shade in the works for cutting and was told no. Oh well.

I totally get that. I’ve had that happen to me a couple times (with different vendors).

Reactions: mdi

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope I got it! I’m still waiting for a confirmation from Gene. It’s possible someone beat me to it and he just hadn’t marked it sold on his site yet. I’ll update as soon as I find out :D.

Crossing my fingers for you. I really hope you get it! I still have a yellow sapphire on my wishlist so I’m living vicariously through you here. Lol

mdi

Shiny_Rock
I totally get that. I’ve had that happen to me a couple times (with different vendors).

Thanks, that makes me feel a bit better! I still love the original stone, but wasn't my first choice for color.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I woke up to a PayPal refund from Gene, so it looks like I didn’t get the yellow sapphire :(2. It’s okay though, I really should put that money toward setting a stone I already have! I hope another PSer got it and will share pictures :D.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I woke up to a PayPal refund from Gene, so it looks like I didn’t get the yellow sapphire :(2. It’s okay though, I really should put that money toward setting a stone I already have! I hope another PSer got it and will share pictures :D.

That’s a bummer. :(sad
I’m totally with you on settings. I need to stop buying new things and just set what I already have. :shifty:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It was me...admittedly, an impulse buy...I didn't hear back until this morning and so assumed when you posted, that it went to you. If I decide not to keep, you can have first dibs.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was me...admittedly, an impulse buy...I didn't hear back until this morning and so assumed when you posted, that it went to you. If I decide not to keep, you can have first dibs.

I’ll take second dibs if Neezers doesn’t like it after if you don’t like it :mrgreen2:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ll take second dibs if Neezers doesn’t like it after if you don’t like it :mrgreen2:

Will do. I bought it because I don't own a yellow sapphire except melee size...but that's largely because yellow isn't exactly a good fit with my skin tone. So I think it will depend on whether I'm inspired to set it in a halo of some sort.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure if I will keep or sell. It doesn't go well with my skin tone. But I have some denim colored benitiote melee which it pairs well with..but I only have enough for a single halo and I prefer more finger coverage. Thoughts?
IMG_20190615_132937.jpg
IMG_20190615_133042.jpg IMG_20190615_133119.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure if I will keep or sell. It doesn't go well with my skin tone. But I have some denim colored benitiote melee which it pairs well with..but I only have enough for a single halo and I prefer more finger coverage. Thoughts?
IMG_20190615_132937.jpg
It's beautiful for sure, but somehow I see a green secondary that I don't love. But that might just be pics, since I know accurate colors are sometimes impossible to capture on camera.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
IMG_20190615_132937.jpg
It’s so pretty! :love: I think it looks fantastic with your skin tone, but if you decide to sell it, I would definitely take you up on the first dibs offer :)). I do think it looks right at home on your hand though!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful for sure, but somehow I see a green secondary that I don't love. But that might just be pics, since I know accurate colors are sometimes impossible to capture on camera.
Admittedly, I don't see any green modifier in the stone. Maybe my eyes aren't as sensitive to it or it's the monitor.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s so pretty! :love: I think it looks fantastic with your skin tone, but if you decide to sell it, I would definitely take you up on the first dibs offer :)). I do think it looks right at home on your hand though!

Give me a day or two to think about it. If I can't figure out how to set it with the benitoites in something I'd wear, it's yours.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Admittedly, I don't see any green modifier in the stone. Maybe my eyes aren't as sensitive to it or it's the monitor.
No, it's probably just me! I really like it, but somehow it looked yellower in the vendor pics, so that's probably what I'm reacting to. It's very lovely though and looks great on you!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, it's probably just me! I really like it, but somehow it looked yellower in the vendor pics, so that's probably what I'm reacting to. It's very lovely though and looks great on you!
. You are correct in seeing a difference. In his listing, I saw a deeper golden yellow than it is IRL (which is more a lemon yellow). The funny thing thing is I hesitated because of his photo as I am super sensitive to brown secondaries in yellow stones...but bought based on his description.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
. You are correct in seeing a difference. In his listing, I saw a deeper golden yellow than it is IRL (which is more a lemon yellow). The funny thing thing is I hesitated because of his photo as I am super sensitive to brown secondaries in yellow stones...but bought based on his description.
EXACTLY! Maybe my brain is trying to understand the difference between sunflower yellow (which is what I saw in his pics) vs lemon yellow (what I see in yours), and my brain interprets the difference as green. Haah who knows, Im not great w colors!

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ooops...I just realized that my email address on the listing was wrong. Corrected it now.
I just sent an email to the updated address :D

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
that blue sapphire is so pretty, surprised it hasn't been snatched up

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results