shape
carat
color
clarity

WARNING! Enchanted Diamonds Scam! Buyers Beware!

noscrusir

Shiny_Rock
This guy was so cocky & arrogant when I called out Enchanted Diamonds for listing a previously sold diamond on their website. No surprise now that they're going down for shady business. This is playing out like an episode of American Greed.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. Some of those complaints even before this terrible thing happened do not reflect well on the owner of this company. The post about the custom ring alone spoke volumes. I sincerely hope that all affected will be able to reclaim their money. It's a huge reminder to me to always use my credit card for large purchases, despite the cost savings associated with wire transfers.
I hate to say it, but I don't think for those victims whom wired money will ever get their money back. :(sad

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate to say it, but I don't think for those victims whom wired money will ever get their money back. :(sad

I doubt it thought it makes me so so so sick to think about it. Maybe they can seize something I don’t know...

MichelleQ

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone,
I just found this thanks to some of you who saw my (now deleted) instagram comments on Enchanted's last post. This is gut wrenching! We paid for a 3.3 carat diamond with a credit card on 5/13 and was working directly with Josh on designing my setting. I sent him a video and pictures of what I wanted-after weeks and 4-5 different rendering that were NOTHING like my requests we were really upset and told him to just send us the loose diamond. By this time it was Monday 6/10, he called us and we requested the loose diamond to be sent. It was the last time we had contact. My boyfriend and I are sick to our stomach as the credit card we used was paid in full already. We are working with our Credit Card company and filed a dispute on Friday :(2:(2:(2:(2

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey everyone,
I just found this thanks to some of you who saw my (now deleted) instagram comments on Enchanted's last post. This is gut wrenching! We paid for a 3.3 carat diamond with a credit card on 5/13 and was working directly with Josh on designing my setting. I sent him a video and pictures of what I wanted-after weeks and 4-5 different rendering that were NOTHING like my requests we were really upset and told him to just send us the loose diamond. By this time it was Monday 6/10, he called us and we requested the loose diamond to be sent. It was the last time we had contact. My boyfriend and I are sick to our stomach as the credit card we used was paid in full already. We are working with our Credit Card company and filed a dispute on Friday :(2:(2:(2:(2

I would think you should be made whole financially by your CC company. But I don’t want to discount the emotions you are feeling along with the disappointment at having no ring and having to start over. We can help when you are ready.

Swirl68

Shiny_Rock
Hey guys, I want to share my experience. I’ve been reading all sites yelp, pricescope etc... and am super stressed about what’s happening. I purchased two diamonds from them beginning of May...with them agreeing to let me compare them and choosing one. Yes I paid for both in full :fearful: Around a week ago they told me one diamond arrived and whether I wanted to wait for both. I said yes. This last Friday 6/14 I got a email saying they are sending me one of the two diamonds that arrived so I don’t have to wait longer. Surely I got it today (haven’t inspected it by a professional) but I havent been unable to contact them at all for the other diamond I purchased. This worries me sick... with the outstanding one being a bank wire and potentially not being able to return this one if I don’t like it. Wnted to share since I find it a bit different/weird that they shipped one Friday given the other reviews and what’s been going on. Really hoping it’s some positive sign but still offices me sick. Buying a diamond is stressful already, never have I thought this would happen.....

It has been reported on this thread that staff was told not to come to work on Wednesday (6/12), that their office had been cleared out, and phone number disconnected... BUT someone came in on Friday (6/14) and emailed you and shipped you a diamond. Is someone there still trying to do the right thing maybe? or maybe just trying to avoid a CC chargeback? So bizarre.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I feel sick and helpless just reading these posts. I can't imagine how the folks who are owed stones/rings from ED must feel. I feel bad for the newborn child (if he even has one that is), that has to call this man father. I hope this A**HOLE gets locked for up a VERY VERY VERY long time!

B200

Rough_Rock
It has been reported on this thread that staff was told not to come to work on Wednesday (6/12), that their office had been cleared out, and phone number disconnected... BUT someone came in on Friday (6/14) and emailed you and shipped you a diamond. Is someone there still trying to do the right thing maybe? or maybe just trying to avoid a CC chargeback? So bizarre.

Indeed super weird! But I did get the diamond yesterday, maybe they feel extra guilty since I purchased 2? I didn't receive the other even more pricey one, still need to validate this one. :sick:

Joshua Kronheim

Rough_Rock
I original made my purchase on 4/18 (layaway) and I completed my purchase on 5/25 $11,210 and was told my 1.5 carat oval diamond would be in last week and the Lafayette engagement ring would be completed 5 days after the diamond comes in. Of course I still have no delivery confirmation and I cannot speak to anyone to see what the status is. I sent an email this afternoon again demanding either refund or send me the completed engagement ring. I've tried reaching out to Josh but no answer from him either. Before I tried contacting someone for several days through either live chat, with no answer, and the number listed on their webpage has also been disconnected, Google is showing them to be closed. I've sent several emails along with a reply to the most my recent email from a representative and still no answer. I've filed two complaints with BBB and filed complaints on Google, Yelp, ED Instagram (which has been removed), and their Facebook page. Last week I received a text from the employee who was assisting me stating that she was no longer employed with the company and that I would need to get in contact with Josh to assist with either getting a refund or my engagement ring shipped to me. She even gave me a personal contact for him that goes to voicemail. I tried contacting him again this morning with no response. She also sent me a link to rarecarats website two nights ago, whom I've contacted. Rarecarat sent me a legal document if I want to proceed with a class action lawsuit against them, also they sent me an update this morning:

Hi all,

Updates for June 18th here.

Let’s start on the good. We understand that an Enchanted customer received a diamond yesterday that had been mailed to her on Friday - after the period of unresponsiveness began. We also understand another customer who interacted with Enchanted Diamonds via another diamond website years ago and is stuck in a slightly different situation, managed to make contact with Josh yesterday, who assured her that her resolution was also in the mail.

We’ve had some who have proposals planned and urgently needed stand-in rings for pictures. Another retailer on our search engine, With Clarity, has kindly offered free 3-D printed home preview rings, and some have opted for this already – they will look close to the real thing.

We have retailers on the search engine who have kindly stepped up to provide diamonds and settings at cost to affected customers. In two cases so far, we have already helped locate the exact diamond, which had not yet been purchased by ED. If they cannot locate the exact diamond, our gemologists can help suggest similar ones.

We will proceed on the path of caution, and ask that those who are looking to file suit against Enchanted Diamonds fill in the required information attached, sign it and send it to [email protected] and [email protected] so we can start the process. Please put your name and “ED customer” in the subject line.

We also understand that some have received refunds from their credit card companies, please let us know if you have as well.

Also on the path of caution, last night we have followed up with the US Attorney’s Office and also conveyed our concerns that if in fact foul play is involved, Enchanted Diamonds’ website is still up and still running seems to be accepting orders.

We will keep you updated as we know more.

Best,

Ajay

CEO, Rare Carat

917.XXX.XXXX

I will do my best to keep everyone posted. Only good thing for me is I paid with CC and I contacted my financial institute and started the dispute last week once I suspected something was wrong.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I doubt it too. The thought makes me sick.

I would suspect trying to avoid a CC chargeback. The retail cost of the stone would be way more than the actual value of the stone (so they can keep more money from that transaction if the customer cannot claim to the CC company that they never received the merchandise, especially since making a return is impossible if the company is now defunct).

Swirl68

Shiny_Rock
One of the changes that probably hurt the 2 players involved was JA taking their certs off.

Do you mean Enchanted Diamonds and Rare Carat?

I can see how they would be hurting.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of the changes that probably hurt the 2 players involved was JA taking their certs off.

Excellent thought, Garry!!!! (Although I think JA also has hurt themselves doing so!)

For those who don't know, some people find stones and then price shop using the grading report # since many stones are listed by multiple vendors who list a virtual inventory like ED.

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Being a drop shipper, I thought the whole concept of the business is low upfront costs by not owning the product and so it's not like they got stuck with millions of unmoved stock. It sounds like they ran the business with as little employees as possible.

Perhaps the show room was a risky business expense that didn't pay off and poor customer service eventually caught up with them through high refund rates.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Facebook page is no longer there. Instagram is still showing the business though.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Being a drop shipper, I thought the whole concept of the business is low upfront costs by not owning the product and so it's not like they got stuck with millions of unmoved stock. It sounds like they ran the business with as little employees as possible.

Perhaps the show room was a risky business expense that didn't pay off and poor customer service eventually caught up with them through high refund rates.

Could be a lot of things. They could have taken a loan out on the biz that came due. They could have had to eat a big cost for a damaged or lost item if they didn't have the right insurance in place. They coyld have been stealing from their own business to fund persinal expenses. Who knows? Whatever happened it seems like they thought they could weather it until the last minute. I feel so badly for all of the customers and emoloyees impacted by this and hope everyone can be made whole.

1st time buyer

Rough_Rock
Could be a lot of things. They could have taken a loan out on the biz that came due. They could have had to eat a big cost for a damaged or lost item if they didn't have the right insurance in place. They coyld have been stealing from their own business to fund persinal expenses. Who knows? Whatever happened it seems like they thought they could weather it until the last minute. I feel so badly for all of the customers and emoloyees impacted by this and hope everyone can be made whole.

I’ve been thinking about that too.. but the right thing to do would’ve been to file bankruptcy or close the business NOT become a criminal.

He could’ve even refunded all the orders he couldn’t fill, AND THEN disappear.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really hope that at least they can fulfill the orders that they have taken in. This is such a nightmare for all affected.

RSZ

Rough_Rock
I filed my complaints today with the BBB, contacted the NY DA financial crimes division, and MetroBank NYC where his company account is to inform them of wire fraud crimes. Another vendor found my diamond, he never even purchased it. Last night, I sent over my paperwork to the legal team representing us via Rarecarat. The whole thing is rather surreal.

igs

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi Everyone. It's Martin from USA Certed. My assessment of the situation with ED is that they may have gotten into some dilemma with the bank and had funds frozen leaving them in a virtually helpless situation. However, I believe in full transparency and disconnecting phone lines is not the way to go. Explain to your customers the situation so that they fully understand and you would be surprised how customers can be understanding in the face of an unfortunate event that ED did not ask to happen. I truly hope that this matter resolves itself with compassion and dignity from all parties involved.

Nancyb

Rough_Rock
Martin those are comforting words but Joshua is handling this like he’s guilty of fraud. For which he won’t just get sued he will most likely go to jail. I can’t understand why he’s being silent. It’s making the situation far worse, if he is just in a bad situation.....not to mention the damage to his professional reputation. He is handling this very badly...not just for us but for him and his family. I just don’t see a positive outcome now. He’s let it go too far..

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results