shape
carat
color
clarity

WARNING! Enchanted Diamonds Scam! Buyers Beware!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's Monday the 17th. Does anyone have any news to report about ED being up and running today? Fingers crossed...

anon34985

Shiny_Rock
Their chat icon says "Be back in 30 minutes"

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Their chat icon says "Be back in 30 minutes"

Is that something new or is that what its been saying since they started having issues?

anon34985

Shiny_Rock
I have never noticed it before, and now the chat says team replies in under 5 minutes, so fingers crossed that they are back!!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have never noticed it before, and now the chat says team replies in under 5 minutes, so fingers crossed that they are back!!

It said that last week when I reached out as well but they didn’t get back to me until next day via email.

junebaby

Rough_Rock
Comments are gone from their Instagram page

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just tried using chat and Calling
No chat reply and phone still disconnected.

Und1234

Rough_Rock
Comments are gone from their Instagram page

Did anyone take screenshots of the instagram comments? I noticed they are gone too and I was going to use them as evidence for a fraud case.

All of the posts are uncommentable now... clearly something devious is at work. A company would make it blatantly obvious that they were having issues and would issue a statement on social medias/website.

This is ludicrous.

Runningmama

Shiny_Rock
I can’t pull up their Instagram at all now.

Und1234

Rough_Rock
I can’t pull up their Instagram at all now.

I can... no change to anything other than their comments being disabled/deleted. I'm still getting social media emails from them and other discount emails. I know it's all automated, but it's still wack. I also messaged the chat many times over the weekend and a few messages were left on "not seen yet" status, but a few were "seen".

junebaby

Rough_Rock
I can still pull it up

crystalinmke

Shiny_Rock
Premium
https://www.instagram.com/enchantednyc/ here is the link to the instagram. it is still up but most of their recent posts have comments disabled. older ones have them open. i guess theyre just disabling the posts with lots of controversial comments.

if you have an account on instagram and are unable to see the page, they have blocked you. if you want to check their instagram but you're not able to, log out and see if you can still access it. if you are able to access it after you are logged out, they blocked you.

Und1234

Rough_Rock
I hope someone screenshotted/saved the comments. Please post it if so!

JT123

Shiny_Rock
Rarecarat rec’d commission from ED on purchases correct? If so,I hope they’ll step in and make it right for those that lost their $.
As they pointed out,RC advertises they created their website to prevent people from getting ripped off buying diamonds
Going forward ,perhaps vendors offering bank wire options requires more rigorous vetting?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:(2 I hope someone at ED answers soon! Maybe it’s not that many people who are waiting on their diamonds?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rarecarat rec’d commission from ED on purchases correct? If so,I hope they’ll step in and make it right for those that lost their $.
As they pointed out,RC advertises they created their website to prevent people from getting ripped off buying diamonds
Going forward ,perhaps vendors offering bank wire options requires more rigorous vetting?
They are. See the post on their website about ED.

MK Malone

Shiny_Rock
DC2E2B9B-AAEE-4DDB-955D-6E2F0B358558.jpeg 24819B09-5B26-4733-BB12-99E05A17CABD.jpeg E46A4EAF-7F53-4FB2-9CDD-9819937AE738.jpeg CE37F5BD-2E66-461D-AEB9-8ABCC96B72C5.jpeg 25CD965A-2E05-400F-8DDD-B0F361AEF831.jpeg FEAB4367-80B1-4F05-94B1-5DEEE0AF03DD.jpeg

Did anyone take screenshots of the instagram comments? I noticed they are gone too and I was going to use them as evidence for a fraud case.

All of the posts are uncommentable now... clearly something devious is at work. A company would make it blatantly obvious that they were having issues and would issue a statement on social medias/website.

This is ludicrous.

I took screenshots. I kept wondering why they hadn’t been taken down yet. Bet ED wishes he could take down the yelp and google reviews. If you haven’t put in a yelp and/or google review, please do. The ED website is probably still up and running and shoppers need to see the low rating if they check for reviews.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It seems like they are still taking people's money but not giving them the products they have paid for, that is against the law and completely unacceptable.

MK Malone

Shiny_Rock
ED currently has a 3 star rating on yelp and a 4.1 on Google.

RSZ

Rough_Rock
I’m one of the people affected. I ordered on the 31st; my insta post is in the above post. Contacted them today; cancelled my order. Tried to get onto the slack app but, that’s giving me issues. I’ve added my name to rc’s probably long list. Unfortunately, I sent a wire considering the great reviews they had up until just after my order. My order was an anniversary gift from my husband after 27 years; I feel terrible for all the young people with planned proposals.

Phee1

Rough_Rock
We saved for 10 years to buy an engagement ring We sent over $11,000, by wire, and were told our ring would be sent in 2 weeks I hadn't heard anything, so I tried to contact them for 3 days. Finally, on June 13, I called, and the phones were shut off Since then, I've contacted the FTC, my bank, and the website rarecarat.com, which is where I originally found the diamond I bought. Rarecarat has hired an attorney for anyone who got screwed by ED So, contact them if you want to be included in the lawsuit. That's what I'll be doing. If you hear any news about getting paid, please let me know

UOTE="Thomas Lau, post: 4563059, member: 110210"]Hi all,

I have to share a terrifying experience that’s going on. I thought the advice and everything on Enchant Diamonds was legitimate. Turns out, huge scam! As of the last month or so they ran away with mine and a lot of other people’s money. Don’t believe me? Horror stories can be found on google yelp and Instagram- sort by date.

Their chat doesn’t work anymore phones have been down for over a week no replies to emails. I lost years of savings buying a diamond only to have my money stolen and now have to legally fight a battle along with all these people that also got scammed like me.

Please if you got hit by this also, post here. If you didn’t but can help - please any advice is appreciated![/QUOTE]

MK Malone

Shiny_Rock
I’m one of the people affected. I ordered on the 31st; my insta post is in the above post. Contacted them today; cancelled my order. Tried to get onto the slack app but, that’s giving me issues. I’ve added my name to rc’s probably long list. Unfortunately, I sent a wire considering the great reviews they had up until just after my order. My order was an anniversary gift from my husband after 27 years; I feel terrible for all the young people with planned proposals.

Rebecca, please keep trying to get in the Slack conversation. Numan is there, collecting information and keeping everyone up to date. RareCarat is moving forward with the lawsuit. They have hired Peter Cane (NY). I’m so sorry for what is happening to you. I, too, feel horribly for all the fellas trying to propose and now have no diamond and no money. Terrible situation.

Und1234

Rough_Rock
DC2E2B9B-AAEE-4DDB-955D-6E2F0B358558.jpeg 24819B09-5B26-4733-BB12-99E05A17CABD.jpeg E46A4EAF-7F53-4FB2-9CDD-9819937AE738.jpeg CE37F5BD-2E66-461D-AEB9-8ABCC96B72C5.jpeg 25CD965A-2E05-400F-8DDD-B0F361AEF831.jpeg FEAB4367-80B1-4F05-94B1-5DEEE0AF03DD.jpeg

I took screenshots. I kept wondering why they hadn’t been taken down yet. Bet ED wishes he could take down the yelp and google reviews. If you haven’t put in a yelp and/or google review, please do. The ED website is probably still up and running and shoppers need to see the low rating if they check for reviews.

Thanks so much, I saved these and will use in my fraud case with my credit card company. I had a custom ring designed with them. I'm from Canada so I pay 33% exchange on the amount as well. It's really ugly... we've been looking for over a year and a half for the perfect ring for her... and now this nightmare. I knew the social media rebate sounded too good to be true but it was the only real way to afford the size I wanted to get her. Hindsight is 20/20, but damn, I traded Whiteflash for these guys... bad deal.

MK Malone

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much, I saved these and will use in my fraud case with my credit card company. I had a custom ring designed with them. I'm from Canada so I pay 33% exchange on the amount as well. It's really ugly... we've been looking for over a year and a half for the perfect ring for her... and now this nightmare. I knew the social media rebate sounded too good to be true but it was the only real way to afford the size I wanted to get her. Hindsight is 20/20, but damn, I traded Whiteflash for these guys... bad deal.

I’m so sorry. What was the rebate offer?? Also, you can go to rarecarat.com. Scroll down to the bottom of their page, look on the left hand side, there is an article about the lawsuit and what is going on. You can use that too. And I believe that article is linked above.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry. What was the rebate offer?? Also, you can go to rarecarat.com. Scroll down to the bottom of their page, look on the left hand side, there is an article about the lawsuit and what is going on. You can use that too. And I believe that article is linked above.

They had a weird rebate offer of up to $1,500 if you posted your ring and a fabulous review across social media like Facebook, Instagram and shared it around. After 120 days they supposedly would rebate you up to $1500 off your setting. I thought it a bizarre offer. Like $1500 off a setting for just some random sharing on social media (which they would use as marketing)?
They have “gone bad” before anyone got to the 120 day mark to test the validity of this rebate offer!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They had a weird rebate offer of up to $1,500 if you posted your ring and a fabulous review across social media like Facebook, Instagram and shared it around. After 120 days they supposedly would rebate you up to $1500 off your setting. I thought it a bizarre offer. Like $1500 off a setting for just some random sharing on social media (which they would use as marketing)?
They have “gone bad” before anyone got to the 120 day mark to test the validity of this rebate offer!
That makes me think this was somewhat planned. Stack good reviews before the company goes belly up. This makes me so angry

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That makes me think this was somewhat planned. Stack good reviews before the company goes belly up. This makes me so angry

Agreed; this just reeks of sleazy, slimy sales tactics! God how I wish there was more we could do - as a community - to warn people who are unaware of what’s going on and are considering doing business with this company. :(2

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The other thing I noticed, none of their reviews are recent. On their website the most recent is 7 months old and the vast majority were 2017 and 2018.
All things considered, I think their business was struggling and that $1500 rebate offer was a big carrot to attract more clients. They also heavily promoted the cost savings of a wire transfer. This is most unfortunate for purchasers as there is little, if any, recourse for payments made by bank wire or bank transfer. Payment by credit card / PayPal comes with more recourse ie chargeback or dispute resolution. If they have “gone bad” as it seems, it is likely to be a long drawn out battle for consumers (classed as unsecured creditors and last in the line) to receive a refund, if at all.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results