shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Callie, we've been enjoying golf this weekend too. Pebble Beach is so pretty. I was watching at work this week and put up a picture I took from the 18th hole as my wallpaper. I hope Marty's new gym works out for him. He is very excited.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls. Happy Father's Day.

@junebug17 I am glad you enjoyed golf and pizza and that DS stopped by the other night and you got to watch Broadchurch together. I will check that show out. Happy Father's Day to your DH and all the dads in your life. (((Hugs))).

@Tekate happy Father's day to your dh and your sons and nephews/nieces. I hope you are having a wonderful family celebration and enjoying everyone. Each moment so precious and fragile. Sending you hugs and love.

@Mamabean what a breathtaking view. Wonderful photo. So happy you enjoyed your time away with your friends. Happy Father's day to your dh and all the fathers in your life.

@marcy hope Marty's new gym works out well for him. Sounds like you guys did pretty well shopping for everything yesterday. Sweet. And speaking of sweet yummmm to carrot cheese cake. Veggies and dessert wrapped in one delicious plate haha. Happy Father's day to all the dads in your life Marcy. I know you are missing your dad. I am glad you brought flowers to him yesterday. (((HUGS))).

@Calliecake hope your kidney stone passed and you are not in any discomfort. Happy Father's day to your dad and step dad and your brothers too. And of course to your dh. He is a fur baby dad of course. XO.

@AV_ we all need some good donut shops lol. Happy Father's day and hope you are having a good weekend spending it exactly as you want to be spending it. (((Hugs))).

@Austina happy dad's day to Colin and hope you are enjoying a good weekend. XO

@Slick1 hope the shower was wonderful and that you are enjoying your family today as well. And I hope you are feeling good. Sending you continued healing hugs and love. I know you are missing your dad honey. Thinking of you. (((Hugs))).

SO yesterday Brain came through and got us the Elspar and after enduring 3 hours of traffic going to the clinic (which Francesca tolerated thank goodness) she got the Elspar and we waited for an hour to make sure she had no adverse effects and went back home. It is too long a trek for Francesca to administer the IV chemo drugs on a weekly basis at my sister's clinic and if we decide to go the CHOP route we must go to an oncologist who is closer. The CHOP protocol is her only chance at prolonging quality of life but the truth is the side effects may prove too much for our little baby who is but 8 lbs. And if that is the case we won't prolong the course and we will give her peace. But seeing the oncologist Tuesday and have all the records with us and we will see what he says.

We have spoken to 5 veterinarians now and she has as we already knew the worst lymphoma in the worst location and has a very poor prognosis. But each veterinarian said there is a possibility CHOP can give her some quality time left if she can tolerate it. And we won't know unless we try. The Elspar isn't CHOP per se but a very excellent drug that can help so thankful Brian was able to get his hands on it for us so we could give it to HRH yesterday. She is sleeping by my side as I type this. She was snuggled up with me all night and she did eat when we got home yesterday thank goodness. Greg got up to feed her at 3AM and at 4:30 AM and she ate a bit then too. The probable reason she is getting hungry every hour or so is because the mass is blocking her stomach to intestine causing her to only be able to eat small amounts at a time. Heartbreaking.

Thank you so much for your continued good wishes and I hope everyone enjoys the rest of the weekend. (((Hugs))).

francescasleeping.png

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy I’m happy Brian came through with the Elspar...and that she tolerated it..TG...I know this is a bad time to wish Greg a Happy Father’s Day..but getting up with his Francesca during the night..driving her to New York for treatment... is what dads do..Francesca has the best dad she could have wished for. It’s not Mother’s Day but she also has the best Mother she could have ever wished for. I’m glad she’s home and snuggling with her family. That’s great that she’s taking food..even if they’re snacks throughout the day. xxxxoooo

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy I see that the same choices are there for cats as for humans ,( - just unthinkable in any other circumstances.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
... a heck of a deal; his first 3 months are free so he can work on getting clients.

So many such deals in my field - & this tells allot of how many clients there be. Fingers crossed!

Last edited:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean love the pix girl, love it! nothing like a boardwalk and ocean picture.. it looks wonderful Joanne! xoxoxo

@Calliecake Callie you are wonderful and I thank you. Chris does know I love him, I suppose I should have tried for a 3rd kid to have made myself totally looney, but truth was, as soon as I found out I was pregnant with Chris I told my obgyn I want my tubes tied right after the baby is born if I need another Csect. I am not a happy camper pregnant person.. I turn red, pimply, fatter than ever, itch, blow up like a balloon and get sick constantly.. nah 2 and my tubes tied! Glad your baby niece is growing! gosh out of 0-3! Autie is still in that size, but I met Evan today and boy that baby is a bruiser! he's in 3-6 now too like your niece.. I gotta tell you a funny story though Callie, so Mike tells me Thursday that he bought this monitor for Autie;
https://owletcare.com/
he said that Cara told him he's crazy, I told Anne today about it and she was like what the heck is it? Also Michael has a camera mounted above her crib so they can watch her... That's MY BOY, probably just as nutzoid as me :) Are you feeling okay? I hope so, Callie you are special. very. xo and yes Callie, my sister had stones and she had 2 natural childbirths and she said the stones were way worse.. so you ensure that they either laser them or knock you the heck out.

@marcy I can't wait to read more about the gym, I think it's wonderful that he can do this and you are an awesome partner in life. xoxoxo

@junebug17 I had Williamsburg pizza yesterday and it was delicious! we went to this restaurant called Lighthouse in Brooklyn http://lighthousebk.com/
it was delicious @missy I don't think this is near you but it was really delicious I mean seriously the best Mediterrean food I've had in the states. Brooklyn is wonderful. Hope your pizza was delicious and June, I think you have the best son... I so like that he visits. You are a wonderful mom. xoxoxo

@AV_ I'm with you AV the choices we have with our furchildren should also be choices we have with ourselves and our human family. Hope you had a wonderful Sunday AV. xoxoxo

@Austina Hi Austina, is the vacation you are going on soon the cruise with your friends to be married or is it coming to Austin? I forget.. age thing. Happy Father's day to Colin. xoxoxo

@Slick1 hope you are having a good Sunday, it just rained here in Brooklyn, we are mellowing out in Chris's apt.. sending good and happy vibes to you and the family. xoxoxo

@Scandinavian Hope you are doing well. how's the kids, the new home by the beach? you? the weather? any new jewelry? missing you dropping in for updates! xo

@missy The marvelous, magnificent Missy.. good news about HRH Frankie in that you were able to start chemo, I pray Missy that she can tolerate the CHOPS, I really do.. I'm so happy you can snuggle, she eats a bit hourly, I worry about you.. please you eat a bit and drink water and take care of you too.. happy father's day to Greg and give him a huge hug and tell him I said to get sleep too.. sending love Missy.. sending healing love...

I have a few pix I will attach, one of Autie and one of John and Chris yesterday on the rooftap of Chris's apartment complex, it's cool, great view, tables, ping pong, barbecues, it's very millenial. Also tomorrow Ever should be mailed out, I won't be home till Tusday so I hope I can get it Tuesday. sending love to everyone.

chrisjohnroof.jpg 61419autie.jpg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Tekate Love the pic of Autie! She’s sweet as pie!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s! Happy Father’s Day.
Missy, I am so glad Brian was able to get the Elspar for Francesca and she did well with it. Thats good she is eating some. I am continuing to send mega dust her way. Thank you for the good wishes for Marty’s gym. I’m kind of freaking about how much he’ll be gone from home and I naturally thought of snow storms. Why do I do that to myself?

AV, that’s always good to have a lot of deal available in your field.

Kate, that is a new version of baby monitors and I think it’s a great idea. I’d be using one all the time. We will see how the gym unfolds. I was just wondering how he’ll get enough sleep and eat regular meals but I’m the worrier; not him. When he had his by appointment only gym in 2017 I had to run things down to him all the time. I hope you’ll get your glamour shots from Whiteflash tomorrow night. I am so anxious to see them. Great picture of Autie; that smile is something special.

Hi Mamabean!

Not much going on here today. We are watching the open, Marty got our plants planted and I did my lifting. I have been knitting and reading the rest of the day.

Take care.
Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, thinking of you, Greg, and Francesca and hoping she's doing ok. I'm so glad she tolerated the medication well. My heart is heavy that you're going through this and I'm sending you lots of love and support. Please try to take care of yourself a little too. Xoxoxoxox

@Mamabean, I want to echo @Calliecake...I'm sure it took about 2 minutes for this couple to see that David is much loved and excellently cared for...sounds like the man got it right away lol, and the woman probably felt the need to be thorough and "do her job". I hope from now on you don't worry so much about these visits, you are doing everything right and giving David the best of care. (((Hugs)))

Your trip sounds like it was so much fun, really glad you had a nice time. Lol to your friends being bad drivers, I have a few of those too. That's am impressive breakfast that your friend threw together. Lovely view from the restaurant, what a pretty place.

@marcy, thinking of you today, these days are hard when we're missing a loved one so much. Glad everything worked out with the sprinklers, what a hassle to be running around town like that. Very nice price on the Dyson! Sounds like things are coming together for Marty's gym. I'm sorry you're feeling a little worried - your concerns are understandable but things usually have a way of working out and I hope you feel better soon about things. What are you knitting these days?

@Calliecake, yes, I saw the video of Amy and Gary, so touching and moving! Keeping you in my thoughts, I hate you're dealing with this kidney stone issue and I am hoping and praying you pass it soon with the least amount of pain. (((Hugs)))

@Tekate, that is a very cool baby monitor! I love the rooftop patio, it's fabulous and yes, very millenial lol. So glad you're having such a good time with your family and enjoy the rest of your visit. That is an adorable pic of Autie! She is such a lovebug :kiss2:

Quiet day here, just doing some laundry and watching the US Open. Take care everyone <3

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls. An unhappy update. Francesca vomited so much in the middle of the night and she is lethargic and just laying here now. Not good. We gave her Cerenia (an anti nausea) and hope it helps. I called my sister and she is waiting for the pharmacy to open to see if she can get me Ondansetron another anti nausea that is supposed to be helpful for cancer nausea. But she has never prescribed it before and not sure she will be able to get it for us. If it needs to be compounded etc. It is not a vet med but a human med and we are not sure if we can quarter the 4 mg pill as her correct dose would be .99 mg for her weight. So the pharmacy doesn't open for hours and we wait. Plus my sister is on a school trip today so that complicates things re timing. Sigh.

@junebug17 I am glad you enjoyed the Open and I want to wish you a very happy birthday today. Sending you love and hugs and happy wishes. Thank you for all your generous and kind support. I know how fresh your loss is and again I am so sorry this is bringing up such painful memories. Hugs to you and I hope you enjoy your birthday. Remember you gave Zoe everything you could and she had a wonderful life during her time with you. Too short but nonetheless you gave her a wonderful life. (((Hugs))).

@Mamabean thank you honey. So happy you enjoyed a wonderful time with your friends and thank you for your kind wishes. I hope you all enjoyed a wonderful Father's Day. XOXO.

@marcy haha you torture yourself as I torture myself. I hope Marty is not away too much from home and I hope he makes the gym a huge success. And no snow for at least 6 months OK? Anyway hope that Marty's business takes off and that you can retire as soon as you want to. Thank you for your kind wishes for Francesca. (((Hugs))).

@Tekate aww I LOVE that photo of Autie. What a sweet baby.:kiss2: Makes life so sweet. Enjoy your precious little granddaughter and thank you sweetheart for sharing her with us. Put a smile on my face and that is hard to do these days. (((Hugs))).
And look how your DH is enjoying that lovely view and the wonderful company. :appl:

@AV_ yes it is all unthinkable and we are trying to live in the moment and enjoy her while she is here with us but if she is not doing well we do not want prolong her time with us. It is all quite unthinkable and a living nightmare really. Only way to describe it. :cry2:

@Slick1 woohoo almost done...have a great Monday honey. (((Hugs))).

OK girls I am off. Our sweet girl isn't doing too well and so far the Cerenia we gave her an hour ago hasn't helped. Our sweet baby.:cry2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Birthday Junie!
Here's your birthday poem...from last year but the sentiment remains the same. (((HUGS))).

Dearest Junie the very sweetest NIRDI
Wishing you a very happy birthday
Wishing you happiness and bling
and so very much more
Happy birthday dearest Junie
the NIRDI we so adore

May things always go smoothly
May this year be the best
only good things truly
may life be filled with joy and zest

May all your family be happy
filled with love peace and health
You are such a sweetheart to everyone around
your kindness and caring knows no bounds

Your friends your family and everyone in PS town
All of us so lucky you are hanging around

You are a true jewel
The brightest of gems
No sapphire or diamond
Or ruby could compare

When it comes to our Junie
There is nothing more fair

You are kind and loving
Sweet and so good
We don't deserve you
in the NIRDI hood

But I hope you will always grace us
With your presence here and beyond
It wouldn't be the NIRDIs if you decided to be gone

OK so now you are another year older
Wiser and smarter and perhaps a bit bolder
taking on so much and doing it wonderfully
You are an amazing and strong beautiful lady
Thanks for being here for all of us girlies

Sending you lots of love and the biggest of hugs
Happy birthday to our dearest Junie
Know that we LOVE you so much!

junebirthday.jpg

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy (jokingly) There is one good thing about having been the kid among people too old to be my parents; there is their pain to deal with, then nothing to think about.

Sean123

Rough_Rock
@missy (jokingly) There is one good thing about having been the kid among people too old to be my parents; there is their pain to deal with, then nothing to think about.

I agree with you. :):cool2::cool2:

Reactions: AV_

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw @missy, thank you, that's such a beautiful poem, such sweet sentiments and I'm very touched. Xoxox. I feel the same way about you and all the NIRDIS...such a kind and caring group of women that has helped me through some very tough times these past few years. I appreciate all the compassion and kindness you've shown me, including your understanding words about my Zoe. <3

I'm continuing to hold Francesca in my heart and I'm so sorry she isn't feeling well right now. I hope she rallies a bit for you. Keeping everyone in my thoughts, such a hard time and I know that's an understatement. ((((HUGS)))

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I’m so sorry @missy, poor little Francesca, how upsetting for you all. I had hoped that the drugs would help, not make her feel worse. :(2 I hope you’ve managed to get the anti nausea drugs so that she’s more comfortable now, I hate to think how you’re all suffering. I know it’s torture to see her so unwell.

Happy birthday @junebug17 , I hope you’re having a lovely birthday, and what a bonus to have a visit from DS over the weekend. As always, Missy’s lovely sentiments speak for us all, you’re a real gem!

That’s good news about the gym @marcy, I hope it all works out for Marty. If it takes off, is he intending to give up his job and run the gym full time?

I’m glad the home visit went well @Mamabean, I suppose it’s good that they do them because not everyone is a wonderful mother like you. I’m so glad you had fun with your friends, it’s good to get away sometimes isn’t it?

Thanks @Calliecake, I did Skype with Shirley yesterday, and she seemed reasonably OK, quite with it, and only repeated herself a few times. She did say that her son had ‘accidentally’ locked her car keys in the car and she doesn’t know how she’s going to get them out. I’m pretty sure they don’t want her driving for her own, and other’s safety. She’s really looking forward to our visit, and I’m sure it’ll be OK, we’ll make the best of it, whatever happens.

Looks like you’ve been having fun @Tekate, and I can’t wait for Ever to arrive so that we can all drool. Autie is really growing and and looks like such a happy baby.

How’re you @AV_ did you have a good weekend?

We’ve been busy getting organised for the trip, I like to be on top of things, plus today I had to do a home check on someone who wants to adopt a Spin mix. He looks gorgeous and they were a really nice couple, who already have a little rescue Romanian dog saved from a kill shelter. She was fine with Dottie, so I don’t think there’ll be any problems with her and another dog.

Continuing to keep everything crossed that Francesca is feeling better @missy .

:wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@missy--I hope the ondansetron works. Thinking of you all. Healing vibes across the miles...

JuneB--happy BD ! Hope you get a nice cake and balloons!

Had a good ride yesterday--weather has been very fine. Hello to NIRDI's!:wavey:

cheers--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Birthday @junebug17! I hope you have a fun day today! It’s so nice that your son wanted to spend time with you again. You must be so proud to have such a loving son! He learned it from you I’m sure! xxxxxoooo

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy I’m so sorry Francesca is having nausea...Were you able to get the second nausea medicine today? How is she doing now?
@Slick1 How are you doing? Did you do anything this past weekend?
@Tekate Have you heard from Whiteflash? You should have received a tracking number...Did you get the glamour shots? I’m sooooooo excited for you. I loved your photos of you and hubby..Was that your son, Chris, on the left of the photo? He looks so young! I love that rooftop area. I would be out there all the time..
@Austina It sounds like you’re prepared for your trip to see Shirley...It shows what kind of person you are..sticking by Shirley when she’s not at her best. I think a lot of people are sunny day friends...
We’ve been getting your rain...It’s been raining buckets here...We had a little reprieve yesterday..so my hubby and I tried to problem solve our leak in the basement. I stayed inside near the leak and my husband flooded different areas outside the house near where the leak is inside with a garden hose. We eliminated one window and the stucco wall in one area. I don’t think it’s the other window either. He thought it might be coming in from the ground.. The water is clear and clean so it can’t be that. It started flooding when he flooded where the deck meets the house...This is getting old. I want to get that nasty carpet ripped out and out new carpet down. If we weren’t moving I would put down tile..but that is very expensive and I would be putting it down for the next owner...and they might rip it out..which is what I do when I move to a new house.
@marcy and @Callicake..I considered the Macan but I was told the back cargo area is very small. Would he fit? :lol:
F393DBCD-3072-4D74-A3BD-E3356CE5EB20.jpeg
@AV:wavey:Did you go hiking this weekend?
@marcy It sounds like Marty is excited about his gym...You got a deal on the Dyson vacuum! It was nice you were able to pick up some flowers while he shopped for the gym. I also bought flowers..but I cheated and bought the hanging kind..took off the hangers and plopped them in my cement urns in the front and side. I wanted it to look nice when those court people came and I didn’t have time to add dirt and plant them..
@Calliecake..How are you feeling? I hope you passed your kidney stone..and it was t too painful..:(2
Thank you for all the nice words about my visit with the court. :kiss2:
Well...I contacted HPD to see if they will take my diamond towards the start of upgrades. I sent them a message..and they sent an automated one back saying they’ll get back to me. I wouldn’t want another diamond ring..which I could do..but then I would have too many rings..I don’t have enough money left from my present to get the size I want right away..but with the trade in..I could add money to it and start upgrading. I’m not sure I would do it..but thought I would at least ask if it was possible. I recently ordered an AV moissy that is with David. It’s 8.8mm so it will give me an idea how I feel about going up. My diamond is 8.11..so it should be noticeable..I would only go up to around 2.75 because of my lifestyle...That would be plenty big for me. I would have to upgrade again to get there. I know if I said something to my husband at Christmas next year he would tell me to just go for it..but I would feel funny so we’ll see. I may not do anything because I’ll get the AV moissy soon and it could be enough for me. I never thought I would love the emerald cut one as much as I do.
I have my grand dog with me since Friday. Scott, Allie and Jackson are in Bermuda...They are having a blast...She is a sweetheart....She gives me kisses all day..I miss my Bailey Bean though..
Have a nice evening..You must be sleeping @Austina..:P2

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I’m hoping you were able to get the @Anti-nausea medicine and Francesca is feeling some relief. It’s so heartbreaking Missy. I’m sending lots of dust and love to you and Francesca. Please take care of yourself too. I wish there was something I could do to make this easier for all of you.

@junebug17 , Happy, Happy Birthday Junie!!! I hope you have a wonderful day today and hope you know how loved you are here. I was glad Gary Woodland won the tournament yesterday.

@Tekate, What a sweet picture of @Autie. Those sweet little baby smiles are the best! One of my nieces has the same baby monitor LOL. I hope you are enjoying your time with Chris in NY. We are all anxiously awaiting Ever’s arrival tomorrow!!!

@marcy, Is everything set for Marty’s gym space? When will he start moving his equipment in? Who did you want to see win the tournament yesterday? I hope you had a good day at work today.

@Austina, Are you ready for your trip? I’m hoping the time you spend with Shirley helps her and provides her some comfort. That was a brilliant idea of Shirley’s son to “accidentally” lock her keys in the car. I wish we would have thought of that when we were dealing with this with my FIL.

@Mamabean and @av, We were posting at the same time. I will post a note to you in about 20 minutes.

@av, I hope you had a good weekend.

@canuk-gal, So glad you have been able to get out and cycle.

Reactions: AV_

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean , I’m really interested to hear what you think of moissy. I’ve thought about getting an August Vintage moissy oval just for fun and set it in a solitaire setting. It sure would be a lot less expensive then purchasing another diamond. What type of setting are you getting for the stone with David? I did not venture into the Porsche dealer so I’m not sure if Bailey would fit comfortably. He sure looks like a sweetie. Nothing to report about the kidney stone. As far as I know it’s still there. I still haven’t had any awful pain.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean , I’m really interested to hear what you think of moissy. I’ve thought about getting an August Vintage moissy oval just for fun and set it in a solitaire setting. It sure would be a lot less expensive then purchasing another diamond. What type of setting are you getting for the stone with David? I did not venture into the Porsche dealer so I’m not sure if Bailey would fit comfortably. He sure looks like a sweetie. Nothing to report about the kidney stone. As far as I know it’s still there. I still haven’t had any awful pain.
@Calliecake I didn’t expect to LOVE my emerald cut from AV...I decided to get the RB because I didn’t think I would upgrade my diamond..but just in case I wanted to see the size difference. I think it’s going to be gorgeous. I don’t know what an oval cut looks like because it’s new. Someone should be buying one soon so you can see if you like the cut. I would expect it will be nothing short of amazing...
I just spoke to Melissa at HPD about an upgrade on my diamond. I don’t know if I can do it but I sent her all my info..and she will get back to me tomorrow...GULP!
I’m glad your not in any pain. I hope you pass it
in your sleep without you knowing about it! I
hope that’s possible!

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Calliecake This is the cad for the ring David is making..18k white gold..
FBA7DE70-78AE-4577-9B9E-EF874931EBE5.jpeg

Luvallgems

Brilliant_Rock
@Calliecake I didn’t expect to LOVE my emerald cut from AV...I decided to get the RB because I didn’t think I would upgrade my diamond..but just in case I wanted to see the size difference. I think it’s going to be gorgeous. I don’t know what an oval cut looks like because it’s new. Someone should be buying one soon so you can see if you like the cut. I would expect it will be nothing short of amazing...
I just spoke to Melissa at HPD about an upgrade on my diamond. I don’t know if I can do it but I sent her all my info..and she will get back to me tomorrow...GULP!
I’m glad your not in any pain. I hope you pass it
in your sleep without you knowing about it! I
hope that’s possible!
@ Mamabean Don’t mean to thread jack....I think we have a few things in common
1) My DH is a workaholic, he expects me to do everything...
He will come home, change clothes and his meal,is ready. I will tell him
three or more times about what went on during my day, in one ear
out the other. Last week I had dental surgery, he acted surprised when he saw my swollen jaw ( only told him three times, last when he was headed out for work the morning of the surgery. I’ve spoiled him, it’s my fault!
I’ve always been the giver of my family. I’ve decided a month or so ago
I’m going PRN at work. I know my DH loves me, he is a wonderful
Husband and father. He has absolutely no DNA for random acts of
kindness ( I would think he was having an affair if he sent a card or
flowers for no reason.) I buy bling because it makes me happy. My new
Motto is “Lick the Bowl, Life is Short.” I don’t feel guilty about it. My
Children know I’m here if they need me for anything. DH was raised to
be frugal,he does buy his toys and spends lots of $$$$ on Sporting
Clay tournaments ( was just a 3 day one)....He totally thinks “rocks” are
a waste of money., but I buy anyway, you have to do things that make you happy ( cleaning and cooking don’t do it for me).

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, I hated to hear your unhappy update. I hope the Cerenia helped Francesca. Keeping all of you in my thoughts. As for torturing myself I think Marty wanted to strange me at supper; I was talking about robbing peter to pay paul because I wasn’t planning on his set up expenses nor this monthly rent and utility bills. He finally said it’s not like we are destitute and can’t pay out bills, I hate incurring new expenses though. I’ll be fine. Thank you and I do hope Marty’s business is a big success.

Junebug, Happy Birthday! Missy’s poem about you is wonderful (as usual). I hope you have a wonderful and special day. I started knitting a lap blanket to keep at work; I am cold there all the time.

Austina, thank you; I hope Marty does well with his gym but no he can’t make enough money to quit his job. I worry about him because he doesn’t multi task well and has to travel on short notice for work but his gym hours will be 3 days a week before and after work or by appointment. I hope it works out for that couple to adopt a sweet new dog. Good luck packing.

Sharon, nice that you enjoyed a lovely day and a nice ride.

Mamabean, I think a 6 prong setting looks nice on a round. We had a lot of rain here today too. How frustrating to try and figure out where the leak is coming from. Our last house had the foundation crack (after the house settled) and then when we’d get a lot of rain it would seep in through the crack. Marty had to seal all of that up. Our window facing north flooded and ran in once the house was built there and was higher than ours. We had to bring in dirt and slant it away from our house to stop that. I love the Macan and I bet if you put the back seat down your sweet furbaby would fit just fine. Buying the already planted pots is the way to go. We have a drip system in all of our pots or I’d do that as well. I need to get out there and pick off the dead flowers but I’ll wait until it’s not soggy outside. How exciting to begin inquiring about an upgrade. I have my CBI pendant on right now; I sure like it. Being able to upgrade is always a bonus. What EC do you have? I have on my EC RHR as well; I keep toying with putting my EC studs with it and making a 3 stone EC ring but since I feel like I am robbing peter to pay paul right now I’ll squash my bling thoughts. Marty is very excited and yes I was quite happy to find him a deal on a Dyson.

Callie, I am glad to you are feeling okay. I keep thinking about how awful that kidney stone must feel but if you aren’t noticing it; then that’s good and I hope it just disappears without you noticing. They are renovating that rental space right now and it sounds like Marty should be able to move in on July 1st. He is pretty happy about it; I’ll have to stop by after work and do my Wednesday lifting there sometimes. He’d like that. I wasn’t really rooting for anyone to win Pebble Beach, just enjoyed watching. Were you and J rooting for anyone?

Supper with our friends was fun last night but I didn't feel well afterwards and was up often during the night. They smoked a tri tip and I'm not overly fond of smoked meat and they gave me end pieces since they are done more which of course were all fatty. They kept filling my wine glass so I am drinking on an empty stomach, I basically ate a little bit of meat, a few potatoes, some apple and peach slices with little pieces of cheese and a huge piece of cheesecake. I had to take an alka seltzer at about midnight. I felt better by after lunch today.

Marty is making progress on his new business. He officially changed the name today, ordered some more equipment and filed for a new EIN. He hopes to open on July 1st. The rental owner is letting him sky his first 3 months rental (which still makes me nervous WHY???) so let's hope it all works out for him. He figures his get in the door expenses are about $2500. I always stew and worry about money and need to plan ahead on things since we are both spenders. Luckily for teddy bears are cheap; diamonds and gemstones not so much.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To Junebug,

Screen Shot 2019-06-17 at 8.04.07 PM.png

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Luvallgems I live with the same motto..Life is short..You can’t depend on other people to make you happy..I told my husband tonight I was thinking about upgrading. He wasn’t thrilled like everyone’s husband..but it was more like he was afraid I would get taken...He’s definitely a keeper though. I’m certainly not
perfect.

Luvallgems

Brilliant_Rock
@Luvallgems I live with the same motto..Life is short..You can’t depend on other people to make you happy..I told my husband tonight I was thinking about upgrading. He wasn’t thrilled like everyone’s husband..but it was more like he was afraid I would get taken...He’s definitely a keeper though. I’m certainly not
perfect.
I love my DH more than anything....but, If I want jewelry, I have to
Initiate it, pick it out, buy it...he may throw in about crooks getting your money. He did buy my eternity for Christmas, when I pointed out that he
had never bought me any bling for almost 30 years ( I bought thelittle gold
bands) when we got married. This is not a pity party. Just, if I want something, I have to buy it myself. My DH is grumpy too, I’m used to it.
I wouldn’t have anybody else in the world!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, keeping you and sweet Francesca in my thoughts xxx

@Austina, thank you for the sweet birthday wishes! I'm so glad Shirley is looking forward to the visit. I think she's going to be really happy to see you. Good luck with all the trip preparations, it's nice to have everything in order for when you return. Oh, and I hope everything went well with the home check.

@Hi @canuk-gal! Glad you're getting some cycling in.

@Mamabean, yes, it's really nice that my son pops in a few times a week...thank you for your kind words and lovely birthday wishes. so sorry you're having trouble finding the source of the leak, SO frustrating and such a hassle. An upgrade sounds very exciting and I hope Melissa has good news for you. Love the cad for your new ring, beautiful! Aw, your grand dog is adorable and sounds so sweet! :love:

@Calliecake, I was happy for Gary Woodland, he hasn't won in a long time...and the announcer said he and his wife are expecting twin girls, so I'm sure he can use the winnings! I'm thinking of you and so sorry you are dealing with this kidney stone issue. Thank you for your good wishes on my birthday!

@marcy, I'm sorry you didn't feel well after having dinner at your friend's house but it's good you felt better later in the day. Hard to get through the day when you're feeling lousy. Wishing Marty all the best in his new endeavor; I bet he would get a kick out of you lifting there once in a while. Thank you for that cute meme and the birthday wishes! Ah, good idea to knit a blanket for work

Nothing too exciting to report...it ended up being rainy and muggy here so I didn't venture out. Dh and I are going to Las Vegas on Thursday and we're seeing Aerosmith and Jerry Seinfeld. 6 months ago is sounded like a good idea lol.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ Mamabean Don’t mean to thread jack....I think we have a few things in common
1) My DH is a workaholic, he expects me to do everything...
He will come home, change clothes and his meal,is ready. I will tell him
three or more times about what went on during my day, in one ear
out the other. Last week I had dental surgery, he acted surprised when he saw my swollen jaw ( only told him three times, last when he was headed out for work the morning of the surgery. I’ve spoiled him, it’s my fault!
I’ve always been the giver of my family. I’ve decided a month or so ago
I’m going PRN at work. I know my DH loves me, he is a wonderful
Husband and father. He has absolutely no DNA for random acts of
kindness ( I would think he was having an affair if he sent a card or
flowers for no reason.) I buy bling because it makes me happy. My new
Motto is “Lick the Bowl, Life is Short.” I don’t feel guilty about it. My
Children know I’m here if they need me for anything. DH was raised to
be frugal,he does buy his toys and spends lots of $$$$ on Sporting
Clay tournaments ( was just a 3 day one)....He totally thinks “rocks” are
a waste of money., but I buy anyway, you have to do things that make you happy ( cleaning and cooking don’t do it for me).

Luvallgems, some of that sounds so familiar. Marty comes from a very selfish, self centered family and he / they don’t even realize it. I like texting Marty info so I can show him “see I told you”. I am glad you buy bling for you, it makes you happy and you deserve it.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junebug, the birthday girl. I thought that was cool about Gary Woodland and his wife expecting twins. Very cool. I think I’m right under a fan at work but I’m always cold especially there. Your trip to Las Vegas sounds fun and those shows should be good. I guess Seinfeld collects Porsches.

Kate I am hoping you got some glamour shots today and will post them. Not that I am anxious or anything.

Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results