shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you think resetting a diamond into a pendant is a waste?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol. I don’t know how else to put it. I am contemplating resetting my asscher or my marquise into a pendant. I have sooo many rhr’s that these rarely make it into the rotation. I think the fact that they are not in ornate settings has a little to do with it. Like. I feel like I’m wearing 2 erings when I wear my asscher soli. As to my marquise, I haven’t wanted to halo it just yet for my rhr, Bc although it’s my dream setting for it, My ering is a halo and I think wearing both is too much.
So I’ve been toying with the idea of pendants. I do have quite a few pendants but none in fancy shapes. My hesitation is that i love my stones and feel like if I wear them on my neck, I won’t appreciate them as much.
Thoughts?

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a 3 stone diamond ring that I hadn’t worn for nearly 20 years. I decided to have it reset in to a pair of earrings and a slider pendant. The jeweller suggested bezel settings to match my Raindance style ring.

I can honestly say that they’re my go to everyday pieces, they’re not big, the earrings are .68 pts total and the pendant .38pts, but they’re absolutely perfect to wear everyday. I’ve worn them more in the last 2 years than the previous 20!

I think an EW marquise pendant would be stunning.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear my jewelry for me and no one else, so my personal stance is this: if I can’t see it regularly (like I would a ring or bracelet) unless I look in a mirror, I don’t spend much money on it and opt for more budget-friendly earrings & pendants, such as sims. I am probably odd this way, but it just feels like a waste to me. That’s just my opinion though; YMMV.

Have you thought about setting them in a bracelet or cuff perhaps that you would be able to see/enjoy more? That’s probably what I would do, especially if I already had a stable of pendants/earrings. Otherwise, I’d consider resetting them into non-engagementy looking settings that I would wear as RHR more.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually enjoy my pendant a lot since I wear it on a long chain and can see it.
But eve when I had a shorter bezel style pendant I still quite liked wearing it (and getting compliments on it!)

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I personally wouldn’t do pendant for a step cut. They’re so finicky about lighting, I don’t think it’s the best use. Marquise I would though!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a 3 stone diamond ring that I hadn’t worn for nearly 20 years. I decided to have it reset in to a pair of earrings and a slider pendant. The jeweller suggested bezel settings to match my Raindance style ring.

I can honestly say that they’re my go to everyday pieces, they’re not big, the earrings are .68 pts total and the pendant .38pts, but they’re absolutely perfect to wear everyday. I’ve worn them more in the last 2 years than the previous 20!

I think an EW marquise pendant would be stunning.
I’m so glad resets worked out for you!
I kind of toyed with an ew setting but I fear it will look like an eye? Is that crazy?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually enjoy my pendant a lot since I wear it on a long chain and can see it.
But eve when I had a shorter bezel style pendant I still quite liked wearing it (and getting compliments on it!)
Hmmm. A long necklace. I can see that with the elongated marquise but I wonder if the asscher would look silly. Lol

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear my jewelry for me and no one else, so my personal stance is this: if I can’t see it regularly (like I would a ring or bracelet) unless I look in a mirror, I don’t spend much money on it and opt for more budget-friendly earrings & pendants, such as sims. I am probably odd this way, but it just feels like a waste to me. That’s just my opinion though; YMMV.

Have you thought about setting them in a bracelet or cuff perhaps that you would be able to see/enjoy more? That’s probably what I would do, especially if I already had a stable of pendants/earrings. Otherwise, I’d consider resetting them into non-engagementy looking settings that I would wear as RHR more.
Yes. This is why I’m on the fence. Bc I want to see them.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally wouldn’t do pendant for a step cut. They’re so finicky about lighting, I don’t think it’s the best use. Marquise I would though!
Hmmm. I’m gonna have to test this out!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a 2 stone open diamond bangle that I love to wear. I think the style also looks cool and edgy with different shaped stones.

The bracelet under my bangle is actually my two stone diamond pendant that I can wear on a chain

A40192AF-53FF-44E5-91AD-3A46303502F4.jpeg

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a 2 stone open diamond bangle that I love to wear. I think the style also looks cool and edgy with different shaped stones.

The bracelet under my bangle is actually my two stone diamond pendant that I can wear on a chain

A40192AF-53FF-44E5-91AD-3A46303502F4.jpeg
Interesting idea! Love yours!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally wouldn’t do pendant for a step cut. They’re so finicky about lighting, I don’t think it’s the best use.

Not to mention they get dirty so easily, and might be rubbing against the skin a lot, natural body oils, etc.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What about a bangle like this, I think it’s Goldenfire’s, I think that would look good with a marquise?
25D0CDCC-81AA-4B8F-8A52-6FD602AFEEF2.jpeg

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I know that one cannot see pendants on a short chain.
However, since I wasn't going to wear my original .75 E-I1 (yes, I1) marquise as an e-ring any longer,
why not reset it? So I wore it on my wedding day to husband #2 but really haven't worn it since :lol-2:

You could reset yours into a pendant, or E-W as a RHR?

PA241367.JPG

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What about a bangle like this, I think it’s Goldenfire’s, I think that would look good with a marquise?
25D0CDCC-81AA-4B8F-8A52-6FD602AFEEF2.jpeg
Ohh. I like this. My wheels are spinning. Wonder tho if I would feel like a one carat marquise worn on the same finger as my 2.50 halo would be a lot.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This, it is what I did to my pear that used to be a pendent. I only wear a small DBTY necklace that I don’t remove and goes with everything
3D24BB79-38DA-40D6-A607-4C1870CAC5CA.jpeg
Oh. I love.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A103CD50-4C2D-4C4E-8367-59FECD31BA80.png This is the style I would do but white gold.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It depends on if you will enjoy wearing them. I think you can find the right setting for either a marquis or asscher to wear as s pendant. I wear my pendants on longer chains so I can see them.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am resetting my mum's about 1.9ct MRB into a pendant as I am unlikely to wear it as a ring.

DK :))

AV_

Ideal_Rock
They would make a great bypass.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And no, I don't think it's a waste. I definitely notice diamond pendants!

I also notice them on other people, but I don’t really notice/enjoy it on myself since I can’t see it. So maybe it depends on the reasons of the wearer - for others to see/enjoy or your own enjoyment/viewing pleasure. If the latter, IMO, that’s why I think a pendant seems counterproductive, unless it’s on a longer chain and/or you happen upon a mirror often enough.

Reactions: D&T
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results