shape
carat
color
clarity

18K WG 1.07 cttw Diamond Cluster Earrings Posted on LoupeTroop

lindam1503

Shiny_Rock
The posts here have inspired me!

I just took a huge leap and listed diamond cluster earrings I've had for years on LoupeTroop. When I upgraded to diamond solitaire studs, I NEVER wore these earrings again.

I did get a GIA gemologist appraisal for them, and they were valued at $1,950, and she stated they were in new condition, with grading and clarity.

The buyer, of course, will get a copy of that appraisal -- it cost me $100, but I needed it, because I had NO idea what they were worth.

I asked 75% of that on LoupeTroop.

I'm a newbie, so any help or advice would be very welcome to me!

It doesn't sound like there are any fees, but it also doesn't sound like there's too much protection for the buyer or seller. Of course, I could be wrong.

Thanks in advance! m_5cc6e8d2bb22e3e896c9adeb.jpeg s_5cc6e8d2de696a617479015e.jpeg s_5cc6e8d27f617f8045167468.jpeg m_5cc6e8d2afade835e6f026af.jpeg s_5cc6e8d22f4831ae5752aa5d.jpeg s_5cc6e8d22eb33f878c6b2f38.jpeg s_5cc6e8d27f617fa918167469.jpeg s_5cc6e8d22f483143c352aa5e.jpeg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This Post should be in the Pre-loved forum. This forum (RockyTalk) is for people that need help buying stones or creating settings.
I'll request to have the post moved. Good luck with your sells!

Edit...Also, once it gets moved you will need to include a link to your earrings listing over in
loupetroop so people can see how much you're asking and to get more details.

Also, jewelry appraisals are very often over inflated. The pre-loved forum is for people who are
just trying to pass on their unworn jewelry and not for making a "profit". If you are making a
profit then you are considered being in the trade and you can not post your item there. You might
want to re-think your pricing if you really want to sell them. These are Super Ideal melee at 1 ctw
brand new for $1430 wire.
https://www.whiteflash.com/diamond-earrings/flower-cluster-diamond-earrings-874.htm

Perhaps you should just have this thread deleted and start over. Might be easier.

When you got the appraisal you should have asked them what you could sell them for on the
second hand market. That would have been a useful piece of information.

You might want to read...
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...g-all-preloved-jewelry-edited-10-2017.234922/

Last edited:

lindam1503

Shiny_Rock
This Post should be in the Pre-loved forum. This forum (RockyTalk) is for people that need help buying stones or creating settings.

Edit...Also, once it gets moved you will need to include a link to your earrings listing over in

Also, jewelry appraisals are very often over inflated. The pre-loved forum is for people who are
just trying to pass on their unworn jewelry and not for making a "profit". If you are making a
profit then you are considered being in the trade and you can not post your item there.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...g-all-preloved-jewelry-edited-10-2017.234922/

profit then you are considered being in the trade and you can not post your item there.

lindam1503

Shiny_Rock
Thanks SO much, and my apologies. Is there a way for me to delete what I just posted here? I'd jump on the chance to do that :).

Also, definitely no profit involved in this :(, and I did know the appraised value would not be attainable, so I asked 75%.

Anyway, I need to get this thread moved, or deleted, if I can.

Thanks a bunch for understanding my mistake--total newbie here.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've reported it but you can hit report concern and ask for it to be deleted.

If there is no profit involved then you must know what they were purchased for. Used/pre-loved/second hand usually sells for 50-60% off the PURCHASE
price depending on the quality (not the appraisal price which is usually highly inflated). If they were purchased for $1600 (or more) then they must be a
branded pair (Hearts on fire, etc). If so, you need to post that.

You also might try looking on ebay at sold items to see what they might sell for.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results