shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Next Adventure..what is it?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hesitate to say vacation. But adventures generally do happen then for most of us. And I'm probably pipe dreaming considering my work schedule.....

At any rate, I've not taken a real vacation since 2015 when I went to Galapagos/Ecuador. Now I'm itching to do something with myself though I'm not sure what.

What you do you have planned/dreaming to do/want to do? ( It could be as mundane as taking a nap to climbing Mt Kilimanjaro.)
I've got so many things I want to try. I'm cheap...(lol), and really utilize Groupon Getaways for stuff like this. My husband really has no desire to do some of these things, I just get the crazy looks, so I mostly do this type of thing alone.
Some of the trips I was looking at pretty seriously:

17 Day Mt Everest Base camp Trek. Not available currently but I do see it pop up from time to time. I'd do it. Last time I saw it (last year!) it was within decent range money wise
There's a 12-day Nepal hiking trip which realistically might be more my speed....lol decently priced. I could totally swing it.

Azores is not available currently though I usually see it pop up in July and October. It may be more my speed these days...lol

There's an 8 day package for Ecuador. Its not the one I was hoping for (really wish they would do the REAL cloud forest!!)

Trekking Patagonia. Its pricey but doable. I might not need those new earrings after all :eek-2: Its also 11 whole days.. OMG, looks challenging. I kinda wanna do it.

Oh and I did seriously consider Mt Kilimanjaro. No groupon for it though.

Whats your proposed timeline?
Mine is...open-ended....lol If I do pull the trigger, I'll have my timeline.

What do you want to get out of this?
I want to see the world, experience the world and its cultures before its just totally trashed or I'm dead. Maybe a bit maccab but its truthful.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, have fun! When we lived in Massachusetts, we went pretty regularly because it was a quick and easy trip.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My idea of adventure would be to retire to a cottage in the country. I don't know what country. But that is doubtful. We're usually just thrown into "adventures" not of our choosing.:P2

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
my next adventure long term of course is to retire...I want to retire to South Carolina (I am currently in Ohio) I look weekly at real estate down there...keep in mind I am 5 years out to retiring, but it is a dream and a girl has to have dreams.....

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We couldn't agree on a place to go to Europe this year so we settled for a hiking vacay to Jasper National Park and a a couple of national parks on north Vancouver Island. I'm toying with the idea of Thailand/Cambodia next year.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What you do you have planned/dreaming to do/want to do? ( It could be as mundane as taking a nap to climbing Mt Kilimanjaro.)
A man

ASAP

Pleasure and pipes cleaned

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Iceland hopefully in 2020.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We enjoy cruising so we have two cruises booked coming up.

In August we will sail for 20 days on Oceania

20190325_110520.jpg

Then next year in July, to the Russian Far East and the Bering Sea on Silversea again. We have been to Alaska 7 times already but never to Kodiak Island and Dutch Harbor. Really enjoyed our 15-night cruise to Antarctica over the holidays on Silversea.

20190120_212720.jpg

Just want to travel to places with scenic beauty.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We enjoy cruising so we have two cruises booked coming up.

In August we will sail for 20 days on Oceania

20190325_110520.jpg

Then next year in July, to the Russian Far East and the Bering Sea on Silversea again. We have been to Alaska 7 times already but never to Kodiak Island and Dutch Harbor. Really enjoyed our 15-night cruise to Antarctica over the holidays on Silversea.

20190120_212720.jpg

Just want to travel to places with scenic beauty.

We were just looking at an Icelandic cruise for next summer! Would love to know how it goes, you must come back and let us know.

My son has recently finished some big exams so later this week we are heading off on a mother/son road trip to parts of GB we haven’t yet visited. We’ll be doing some bird watching and walking and hopefully having some nice, long chats!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm broke after returning from Europe 2 weeks ago. ;(

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@cflutist - we are big fans of the Oceania cruise line and have 2 more cruises planned with them this year. One from Monte Carlo to Rome and the other along the West Coast.

2 trips to Tx to see DS plus a cruise on Ritz Carlton’s new ship next year.

That’s as much ‘adventure’ as I can stand :lol:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Due to changes in circumstances, I decided to give up camping under canvas, to get a bespoke campervan next year, if all goes according to plan financially.

It will be for me and the dog as OH does not camp. It may also be my home from home when I work in different locations across the country.

OH and I have a 2-night 3-day break coming up in September 2019 to test if we are compatible travelling companions before we plan a bigger and more expensive trip together.

DK :))

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One day, I will stay at the Senja Observatory in Nothern Norway with husband & the children. I follow them on FB & auroras over this island are breathtaking, and nightly during the seasons for it. It’s fairly expensive to stay there, plus we will have flights from the UK to factor in also. It’s just not on my radar for this year as we already have had & have coming up, plenty of trips.

We always take the children on a secret Easter break to somewhere a bit wacky for a few days, so this Easter we stayed in the most fabulous Tree House on a private Estate in Scotland, last year a Yurt in the Peak District, the year before a converted Steam Train cabin. Next year I am looking to forgo Easter for February & book Senja. Fingers crossed!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are going next weekend to look at a lake house. We have been looking for 6 years and think we may have finally found the one. 3b/3b cabin style on 75 acres on a lake in NW Arkansas. We could not see a car for days here. Very nervous but also excited!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How exciting Gussie!!! Hopefully this will be the perfect home for your family.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hoooo boy, I'm texting cousins I haven't seen in more than 50 years about getting together. Their dad is my uncle...my dad's youngest brother. My uncle was a missionary in Africa and all 4 of my cousins were born and raised there. We have little in common other than blood and a complicated and difficult family history so this is an epic adventure for me. My uncle turns 90 in July, is frail, and I want to see him before he dies. Bittersweet opportunity at best.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I'm headed to So Cal next week, to visit my grandma. She's turning 95 June 4th! This will be my 4th trip to see her in the last year. ( I adore my gram!)
We hope to take one of those river cruises in Europe soon. Just DH and me. (And wine, food, & sightseeing...)

@Gussie we love NW Arkansas! Such an under appreciated gem of an area. Our first real trip together was a week in a cabin near Eureka Springs... so that area has special memories for us, we go every couple of years. Good luck with the lakehouse hunting!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm headed to So Cal next week, to visit my grandma. She's turning 95 June 4th! This will be my 4th trip to see her in the last year. ( I adore my gram!)
We hope to take one of those river cruises in Europe soon. Just DH and me. (And wine, food, & sightseeing...)

@Gussie we love NW Arkansas! Such an under appreciated gem of an area. Our first real trip together was a week in a cabin near Eureka Springs... so that area has special memories for us, we go every couple of years. Good luck with the lakehouse hunting!

Happy birthday to your grandmother!!!

NW Ark is my favorite place in the world. The lake house is about 15 minutes from Eureka Springs. We got married there and try to get back to the area at least once a year. We love it there!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
@Gussie I just went back and looked at photos from our last visit. This is a scenic overlook with the Crescent Hotel in the distance. DH wants to go this fall, the colored leaves are phenomenal there!
20190528_000025.png

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@CHRISTY-DANIELLE
Lol, we must be long lost cousins or something. Our wedding reception was at the Crescent Hotel! Thanks for sharing the pic!

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Myself and DH had been planning a trip to see a dear friend who lives in Atlanta for new year's (I met her 30 years ago when we were both teenagers and she came with a group from the US to New Zealand for a holiday). Sadly it can't happen now this year so hubby just announced the other day he thinks we should do Paris for New years!!
Golly gosh I'm excited! Never been before.

We try to get to do an overseas destination every 2 years as I share every other Christmas with my kids with my ex husband. We did nearly 2 weeks in London last time and wow it was a fantastic trip, the best part was meeting up with some of my mum's family who live there and of course we went to Hatton Garden which was a lovely highlight too.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What you do you have planned/dreaming to do/want to do?

One year my DH and I hope to cycle through New Zealand.

One of the biggest tandem dealers in the country (and from whom we purchased our custom carbon tandem) organizes cycling trips all around the world and this was one of the trips we were considering before I broke my leg so had to put those plans on hold.

No time frame exactly at this point because with my dh still working there is no good time to take a big chunk of time like that. But one day hopefully in the future.

And if not New Zealand there are other countries we would love to take a cycling trip.
The Northern route in Canada going through their National parks like Banff and Jasper or backcountry cycling trips through Europe is another great trip. These trips are fully supported and expensive but worth it. We ride and people take our stuff so we can cycle unencumbered and we have very nice accommodations along the way.

We love cycling together and being active and we love exploring different areas and enjoying beautiful scenery and meeting wonderful people and this combines all of those and more.
It's the best of everything.
The only way we could make this experience better is if we could bring our kitties (which we cannot do obviously lol).

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
One year my DH and I hope to cycle through New Zealand.

One of the biggest tandem dealers in the country (and from whom we purchased our custom carbon tandem) organizes cycling trips all around the world and this was one of the trips we were considering before I broke my leg so had to put those plans on hold.

No time frame exactly at this point because with my dh still working there is no good time to take a big chunk of time like that. But one day hopefully in the future.

And if not New Zealand there are other countries we would love to take a cycling trip.
The Northern route in Canada going through their National parks like Banff and Jasper or backcountry cycling trips through Europe is another great trip. These trips are fully supported and expensive but worth it. We ride and people take our stuff so we can cycle unencumbered and we have very nice accommodations along the way.

We love cycling together and being active and we love exploring different areas and enjoying beautiful scenery and meeting wonderful people and this combines all of those and more.
It's the best of everything.
The only way we could make this experience better is if we could bring our kitties (which we cannot do obviously lol).
Please please please come to New Zealand missy!! :appl:

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We bought the lakehouse! This is going to be a wild adventure since it's a 10 hour drive from our home. Lol, it's where we want to be for downtime though so it's pretty exciting.

3b/3b log cabin on 75 acres with 4 slip boat dock, 1/2 mile of shoreline, private cove. Views for days, no cars, no noise, clear water. My only fear is that I will want to move there full time!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH is now ex OH so I am back on my own.
The campervan project is still going ahead as planned.

DK :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results