shape
carat
color
clarity

Colored diamonds, does it look treated or natural?

Luvallgems

Brilliant_Rock
888A9E66-4B09-41C2-A6B8-D0A7001B29F4.jpeg 1E9D4D40-A458-4B68-B41D-9C1E0C6AEA4A.jpeg Straightening out my rings, came upon this one that I don’t wear often. It’s in 18k gold it was yellow..I had plated in rhodium
a couple of years ago. I bought this ring from an Estate Jewelery Store.. he said the lady that sold him the ring
had it made in Brazil and said the green stones were “emeralds” - they test as diamonds, the color is not blue or fluorescent
green, clarity on whe white diamonds are VS, color I,J. They don’t resemble the bluish treated I’ve seen IRL. Thanks for the help. The second photo is more TTL.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you’re using a Presidium or similar gem tester remember that Moissanite will also test as diamond (similar rate of heat transfer).
Do they fluorescence under UV? Most green diamonds do. If diamonds they could be natural green or possibly colour treated.
Whatever, really lovely ring :love:

Luvallgems

Brilliant_Rock
If you’re using a Presidium or similar gem tester remember that Moissanite will also test as diamond (similar rate of heat transfer).
Do they fluorescence under UV? Most green diamonds do. If diamonds they could be natural green or possibly colour treated.
Whatever, really lovely ring :love:
@Bron357 Thanks for the tips. I believe the ring is from the 1960’s or 70’s
I will check under UV:D

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If they're natural, shouldn't a rough facet have been left to prove its not treated?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results