shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help with a Cushion Cut Diamond purchase

Tw70070

Rough_Rock
I am purchasing an engagement ring and need help with the diamond. I have narrowed it down to what I think is a perfect diamond but have a couple of questions. The diamond is the following:

Cushion Modified Brilliant
3.02 Carat
F color
VS2 clarity
68.2% depth
66% table
Thick to very thick faceted girdle
Excellent polish
Excellent symmetry
Medium Blue fluorescents

Questions:
1. Girdle- Does the thick to very thick girdle effect the look of the diamond? I have read many different things online and have been unable to get a clear answer.
2. Fluorescents- Should I be concerned with the medium blue fluorescents? I was told by the jeweler that this is something that is completely misunderstood by most people and that it does not affect the sparkle or color of the diamond.

This is obviously a big purchase for me and I want to make sure I don’t screw it up. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I can also post a video of the diamond if that would be helpful.

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
Would need to see pics on a fancy shape.

Tw70070

Rough_Rock
Actually, the diamond on far right.

PearCraze

Rough_Rock
Rarely a strong blue fluorescence can have a cloudy look to it in sunlight....but that diamond looks pretty clear, and majority of diamonds are unaffected. I have a med blue Fluor diamond and love the hint of blue it gives at times. Unless you know that you/your SO doesn’t like the bluish tinge typically seen outdoors, I see no problems with the med fluor. Beautiful diamond :love:!

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am purchasing an engagement ring and need help with the diamond. I have narrowed it down to what I think is a perfect diamond but have a couple of questions. The diamond is the following:

Cushion Modified Brilliant
3.02 Carat
F color
VS2 clarity
68.2% depth
66% table
Thick to very thick faceted girdle
Excellent polish
Excellent symmetry
Medium Blue fluorescents

Questions:
1. Girdle- Does the thick to very thick girdle effect the look of the diamond? I have read many different things online and have been unable to get a clear answer.
2. Fluorescents- Should I be concerned with the medium blue fluorescents? I was told by the jeweler that this is something that is completely misunderstood by most people and that it does not affect the sparkle or color of the diamond.

This is obviously a big purchase for me and I want to make sure I don’t screw it up. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I can also post a video of the diamond if that would be helpful.
Congratulations on your upcoming engagement!
You can not judge a cushion on the numbers. In the video that you linked the stone looks a little dark under the table, but it is difficult to say from this video if this is just camera reflection. Can you ask for an ASET?

1. A thick to very thick girdle is generally frowned up because it means that the stone will appear smaller for its weight.

2. Medium blue fluorescence can be a positive and a negative in establishing price. As you stated, it is not as understood in the general market and often people are afraid of it. Therefore, you can find a very nice stone at considerably less than you would pay if the stone did not have the fluorescence. That unfortunately would follow suit if/when you decide to sell the stone in the future as the resale price would also be affected.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The 3.02 looks like it has a little more mush around the edge of the table. The other 2 look better under the table. However, the second stone does
look like it has a bigger table. Could not get the GIA report to come up to see how large it is. The first one would be my favorite as far as nice faceting
but it is smaller. Can you get aset images for these stones?

Tw70070

Rough_Rock
Below are the links to the GIA certificates. She just sent me a video of both stones in natural light and it appears the second stone is bigger and has a lot more fire and sparkle which kind of surprised me. I wish I could upload the video here but it says the file is too big. I just sent an email asking for the ASET images. Do you think the second stone is nicer than the third or should I scrap both of them?

Here is the certificate for the second stone:
https://www.gia.edu/sites/Satellite...tCheck&pagename=GIA/Wrapper&cid=1495275503754

Here is the certificate for the third stone:
https://www.gia.edu/report-check?reportno=2205103703&s=1558888352456

Tw70070

Rough_Rock
I can also email videos of the stones under natural light if that helps.

Thank you again everyone for you help! I was getting lost in this process a little.

Tw70070

Rough_Rock
The 3.02 looks like it has a little more mush around the edge of the table. The other 2 look better under the table. However, the second stone does
look like it has a bigger table. Could not get the GIA report to come up to see how large it is. The first one would be my favorite as far as nice faceting
but it is smaller. Can you get aset images for these stones?

I asked about the ASET picture and she told me they do not do them. She said they only sell diamonds that they have personally inspected and feels the ASET report doesn’t show the whole story.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results