shape
carat
color
clarity

Help decide 6.5ct light yellow or 5ct fancy light yellow?

Help decide 6.5ct light yellow or 5ct fancy light yellow?

• 6.5 radiant light yellow

Votes: 16 84.2%
  • 5ct cushion fancy light yellow

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters

joelly

Ideal_Rock
I guess I am happy with the price I paid! After all, there is not a huge difference on color. Some don’t consider fancy light as fancy yellow as well.

Imho, the radiant has better color than the cushion. You made the right decision by keeping the radiant. Can we talk setting now? I’m looking forward to see how you set this to-die-for stone =)2

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Which one loooks better to your eyes when moving? That's how I'd choose. I was originally wanted an m-z stone and but found a fancy light eventually...face up color looks the same imho the only added value may be in an eventual resale

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
Which one loooks better to your eyes when moving? That's how I'd choose. I was originally wanted an m-z stone and but found a fancy light eventually...face up color looks the same imho the only added value may be in an eventual resale

I didn’t see the cushion in person, and from judging from the photos, I like the radiant better. David told me the cut is better on the radiant as well. I don’t think I will resale. I had never sold my jewelery, maybe upgrade in the future.:lol:

Honestly I need to stop coming here for a while after I set this Diamond.:silenced:

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am thinking of this setting
http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/ind...-with-single-or-full-cut-diamond-melee-so3956

I am not sure if I want the gold enhancer yet.

That setting is really pretty. I bet dbl could tell you if the cup will deepen the color or not. What i didn't explain well above is i thought i would get a deeper color or something with the official fancy light designation but that didn't turn out to be the case really, it's a subtle difference. So I'd probably take the bigger, better cut stone in this case :) enjoy!

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
That setting is really pretty. I bet dbl could tell you if the cup will deepen the color or not. What i didn't explain well above is i thought i would get a deeper color or something with the official fancy light designation but that didn't turn out to be the case really, it's a subtle difference. So I'd probably take the bigger, better cut stone in this case :) enjoy!

Your ring is really unique! I am looking for something unique for this radiant as well. The setting I see from DBL is very pretty and it will be very versatile, but I feel that it’s not uncommon, I kinda want something more special.So I am still searching to make sure I make a good decision.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is really unique! I am looking for something unique for this radiant as well. The setting I see from DBL is very pretty and it will be very versatile, but I feel that it’s not uncommon, I kinda want something more special.So I am still searching to make sure I make a good decision.

i hear you...it's a special stone and it deserves a special setting =)

joelly

Ideal_Rock

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
What about something like this?

I don’t want the yellow melee and I would like the band to be plain platinum or 18k gold.

Do you think is too much to wear for everyday?

3946903E-20E1-4585-BAEF-BE42716BDDD3.jpeg
055AAFAB-B786-48BD-BC9D-2214213A11F6.jpeg

Attachments

• AE533D23-647B-4A63-99CA-754C5D1114E4.png
    AE533D23-647B-4A63-99CA-754C5D1114E4.png
    351.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
The key to this for me is your statement that you "like" the radiant and are unsure about whether you should switch to the cushion. That tells me you don't LOVE the radiant. Please don't keep a stone you don't love. You'll know when you find one that you love. It doesn't matter if radiants are harder to find. That may be because honestly, radiants aren't all that favored at least on PS. (I know David loves them.)

Of those two, I'd take the cushion any day. But I'd personally prefer an antique cut light yellow stone, and I have a couple but neither are fancy. I think the setting choice would have a lot to do with the shape of the stone you end up choosing.

Here's a gorgeous 5 ct yellow cushion owned by @grateful4life and setting by CVB Inspired Design:

CVBgrateful4life.jpeg

Omg this is gorgeous! I love her ring, but for my style the vintage look is not for me. I did find something similar and probably modify it.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
What about something like this?

I don’t want the yellow melee and I would like the band to be plain platinum or 18k gold.

Do you think is too much to wear for everyday?

3946903E-20E1-4585-BAEF-BE42716BDDD3.jpeg
055AAFAB-B786-48BD-BC9D-2214213A11F6.jpeg

This is drop dead gorgeous :love::love::love::cheeky::cheeky::love::love::appl:

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Omg this is gorgeous! I love her ring, but for my style the vintage look is not for me. I did find something similar and probably modify it.

The one you post is drop dead gorgeous!!!!!

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
The one you post is drop dead gorgeous!!!!!

Do you think I should tell them to keep the yellow meelee or I can do ok without it?

Also I want the band to be yellow gold so I don’t have to worry about the plating coming off. In addition I don’t want the band to have any Pavé, just plain band. I feel the Pavé would be too much for this style. I want the main stone and halo stand out, not the band.

Last edited:

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
My vision of how the setting should look. Anyone can help me with how it should look like?

118B409D-452D-488F-8FD9-D9A6E78FF2A4.jpeg

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Do you think I should tell them to keep the yellow meelee or I can do ok without it?

Also I want the band to be yellow gold so I don’t have to worry about the plating coming off. In addition I don’t want the band to have any Pavé, just plain band. I feel the Pavé would be too much for this style. I want the main stone and halo stand out, not the band.

Do without the yellow melee. Let the radiant be the star of the setting. I love your idea of no pave, just plain band.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a beautiful setting, but what are the dimensions of the radiant? Because I think the large halo works well with a smaller, deeper cut stone like a cushion, but I definitely think a large halo is more of a cocktail ring and not an everyday ring.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm just going to show you a couple of my favorite settings for a stone that is radiant or emerald cut shape. This one is by Caysie of CVB Inspired Design. I have a few rings made by her and her pieces are more unique and very well made.

CVBechalo.jpg CVBechalo2.jpg CVBechalo4.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Victor Canera is the master of the classic micropave halo, and I'd recommend this over a large diamond halo on a radiant. Here's a large emerald cut sapphire ring that he set. This one happens to be a double halo, but I agree that I'd just do the white diamond halo.

VCecyellowsapphire1.jpeg
VCecyellowsapphire3.png VCecyellowsapphire2.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results