shape
carat
color
clarity

If you had to spend $50,000 on a diamond ...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would need to add an extra 150 plus K and get this beauty.:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:
(I cannot remember the exact price but I think it was over 200K and it is probably no longer available anyway:cry2:)

Screen Shot 2019-05-24 at 6.25.42 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-24 at 6.25.05 AM.png

I am drooling all over my computer right now.:drool: This ring (stone is TDF!!! and setting too... though the exposed girdle might give me a heart attack I love the blingtastic simple elegant setting) IRL is freaking AMAZBLING. That chunky goodness OMGorgeous.:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
$50,000 for a diamond?
Easy: a 3-5 Stone EC w/baguette & Vintage Asscher side stones, or a huge Octavia from Yoram. I’d use what was left for another 1ct EC & make earrings with my original EC. ;)2

If I can only purchase ONE diamond, it would have to be a large EC. I’ll upgrade my ER, and keep my original stone to make earrings in the future. :bigsmile:

Last edited:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Good to see that I am not the only one whose first choice would not be a single stone. I wold do a chain necklace with quite a few of them fitted together too well to be taken apart (in the vein of www - the little shards remind brush strokes! ... few & precise & possibly anything).

This ring ... though the exposed girdle might give me a heart attack ...

WHOA!

I expect this type of setting to be holding a cabochon & it has been my all times greatest for a once in a blue moon ring.

Digressing ... The girdle of the - preposterous round seems to have held well - not unexpected as the naked parts sit along the finger. I always looks at such rings & even on cabs, damage does not appear at N-S especially. Besides, I know how I'd wear the thing! ,)

Last edited:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I'll let you know when I have the $50k.

... but you have gotten your latest CBI - not least because of its being upgradable? (recalling from some post)

joelly

Ideal_Rock
$50,000 for a diamond?
Easy: a 3-5 Stone EC w/baguette & Vintage Asscher side stones, or a huge Octavia from Yoram. I’d use what was left for another 1ct EC & make earrings with my original EC. ;)2

If I can only purchase ONE diamond, it would have to be a large EC. I’ll upgrade my ER, and keep my original stone to make earrings in the future. :bigsmile:

I like the way you think o_O How big of an Octavia can one get for $50K? :twisted2:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
D-G emerald/asscher cut, antique or modern but must be beautiful and show very little color. Whatever size that allows, but hopefully close to 3 carats. Then sit on it and save up for sides stones.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the way you think o_O How big of an Octavia can one get for $50K? :twisted2:
Not as big as you think. :bigsmile: The problem is finding the right shape of rough to cut an Octavia. Yoram couldn't find me a rough after 6 month so I finally gave up. I was hoping for a G/H VS 2.75ct Octavia.

AV_

Ideal_Rock

NTS

It doens't sound practical to go to a cutter with a strict model in mind, does it...

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not as big as you think. :bigsmile: The problem is finding the right shape of rough to cut an Octavia. Yoram couldn't find me a rough after 6 month so I finally gave up. I was hoping for a G/H VS 2.75ct Octavia.

@Dancing Fire why did you sell your Octavia to begin with?

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
D-G emerald/asscher cut, antique or modern but must be beautiful and show very little color. Whatever size that allows, but hopefully close to 3 carats. Then sit on it and save up for sides stones.

@LLJsmom what side stones would you want for you Emerald/Asscher cut?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom what side stones would you want for you Emerald/Asscher cut?
Hi @bright ice ! For an asscher center stone, I would definitely get asscher sides. For an emerald cut, that is harder. Probably trapezoid shaped sides, but not sure about cut. But set lower and angled
https://www.victorcanera.com/rings/engagement/emerald-and-trapezoid-five-stone-ring
but likely i would get the emerald cut completely bezeled. If I had trap sides, I would bezel them too. I love bezels more and more over time. It helps accentuate the faceting for me, and my eyes can use all the help they can get. :mrgreen2:

Are you thinking about something bright ice?

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @bright ice ! For an asscher center stone, I would definitely get asscher sides. For an emerald cut, that is harder. Probably trapezoid shaped sides, but not sure about cut. But set lower and angled
https://www.victorcanera.com/rings/engagement/emerald-and-trapezoid-five-stone-ring
but likely i would get the emerald cut completely bezeled. If I had trap sides, I would bezel them too. I love bezels more and more over time. It helps accentuate the faceting for me, and my eyes can use all the help they can get. :mrgreen2:

Are you thinking about something bright ice?

@LLJsmom I am thinking! :twisted2:
I’ve contemplated for quite a long time to consolidate and have 1 major ring vs 2. I’ll start my own thread once I know my 3.65 EC is definitely sold as it’s out for evaluation.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
@LLJsmom I am thinking! :twisted2:
I’ve contemplated for quite a long time to consolidate and have 1 major ring vs 2. I’ll start my own thread once I know my 3.65 EC is definitely sold as it’s out for evaluation.

Nothing wrong with having 2 major rings.

I wear my original e-ring from CBI everyday (bought in 2009) until my finger is swollen due to pregnancy. Hubby let me getting another one made for our 10th anniversary. Hubby already bought me one for push present (it's a cluster diamond ring). Then OBGYN said I deserve another one so hubby allows me to prowl for one right now (I have several candidates). Hubby still owes me a diamond band though :twisted2:.... but I'll wait another 10 yrs for that. I'll give him a break this time ;)2:dance:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dancing Fire why did you sell your Octavia to begin with?
I wanted to upgrade to a G/H VS 2.75-2.99ct Octavia but never thought it would be so difficult for Yoram to locate the rough, so after 6 months I gave up and decided to spent the money on a CBI instead.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wanted to upgrade to a G/H VS 2.75-2.99ct Octavia but never thought it would be so difficult for Yoram to locate the rough, so after 6 months I gave up and decided to spent the money on a CBI instead.
Then I was very lucky to buy my 2.79 F-VS1 CBI then with no trade-in. I am happy with that size on my size 4.25 finger.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Then I was very lucky to buy my 2.79 F-VS1 CBI then with no trade-in. I am happy with that size on my size 4.25 finger.
Wish I can afford a F colored stone. Color is a lot more expensive than clarity. I requested a CBI with the same proportions as your 2.18ct. :bigsmile: Paul's reply was..."We cut CBIs not cutting a small table/high crown" on purpose.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wish I can afford a F colored stone. Color is a lot more expensive than clarity. I requested a CBI with the same proportions as your 2.18ct. :bigsmile: Paul's reply was..."We cut CBIs not cutting a small table/high crown" on purpose.

Yeah, I was attracted to it because of the mind clean E-VS1 and it being .01mm within my CTO 2.21 F-SI1. I also liked the 34.5/40.8 angles, the table and CH were just whatever they were.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, I was attracted to it because of the mind clean E-VS1 and it being .01mm within my CTO 2.21 F-SI1. I also liked the 34.5/40.8 angles, the table and CH were just whatever they were.
Your E VS1 stone will look the same as a D IF to me. :bigsmile:

scarsmum

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

You might be able to rethink the color for greater weight. Here’s my I sbf square emerald, it’s white as white could be! DAC70459-D925-478B-8173-C06F1FD38FD9.jpeg

joelly

Ideal_Rock
You might be able to rethink the color for greater weight. Here’s my I sbf square emerald, it’s white as white could be! DAC70459-D925-478B-8173-C06F1FD38FD9.jpeg

Gorgeous ring!!!!!

It’s all in the cut. Great cut will hide the tint, I was told.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good to see that I am not the only one whose first choice would not be a single stone. I wold do a chain necklace with quite a few of them fitted together too well to be taken apart (in the vein of www - the little shards remind brush strokes! ... few & precise & possibly anything).

WHOA!

I expect this type of setting to be holding a cabochon & it has been my all times greatest for a once in a blue moon ring.

Digressing ... The girdle of the - preposterous round seems to have held well - not unexpected as the naked parts sit along the finger. I always looks at such rings & even on cabs, damage does not appear at N-S especially. Besides, I know how I'd wear the thing! ,)

This ring is TDF IRL. If I had the cash it would have been mine but I cannot justify or rationalize spending that much on one ring. Not to say it isn't worth it but sadly that money is being put to more useful purposes. Oh if only my last name could have been Rockefeller. :lol:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy

These things are very useful.

(this is not a prodding - just admitting that in my mind the idea is not preposterous, just nicely OTT)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results