shape
carat
color
clarity

Reading proportions on GIA certificate

ilovediamonds001

Rough_Rock
I'm trying to input the proportions on GIA certificate and can't really tell what's what.

Can anyone help with finding where the pavilion measurement is and total depth, and might as well tell me crown angle too......lol I can do crown....lol

Thanks so much.

Trying to put the info in an HCA calculator.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you type the GIA grading report number into the first box titled 'GIA report number' (if I remember correctly?) it should pull all the info through from the GIA website.

ilovediamonds001

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for the information everyone. I can now use HCA and figure things out.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Just remember that the HCA is a rejection tool, not a selection tool.

Wink

headlight

Ideal_Rock
If you type the GIA grading report number into the first box titled 'GIA report number' (if I remember correctly?) it should pull all the info through from the GIA website.
It didn’t recognize mine!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
It didn’t recognize mine!
GIA is very slow in developing their app.
if Pricescope has 'seen' a diamond then if the data was entered correctly by the vendor then it will likely be in the search facility. We hope GIA and AGS will both have efficient back doors soon.
And yes, please use HCA for rejection and now, to check the apparent sizee of any round diamond as an add on at no extra charge.
Capture.JPG

ilovediamonds001

Rough_Rock
Thanks very much for all the info.

Don't know if I should start a new thread or can I ask on here?
When trying to add tapered baguettes to a round cut diamond what would be the ratio size to the centre stone. If centre stone is 1.5?

I have seen a ring with centre stone that is a .80 with side baguettes that are .20 each. Would the ring also look good if the centre stone was 1.5 with the .20 baguettes on each side?

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks very much for all the info.

Don't know if I should start a new thread or can I ask on here?
When trying to add tapered baguettes to a round cut diamond what would be the ratio size to the centre stone. If centre stone is 1.5?

I have seen a ring with centre stone that is a .80 with side baguettes that are .20 each. Would the ring also look good if the centre stone was 1.5 with the .20 baguettes on each side?

I think you would get more responses with a new thread for this question.

Have a search of the Show Me The Bling section beforehand - perhaps put 'baguettes' into the search box at the top of the forum - as that may bring up some examples for discussion :)

ilovediamonds001

Rough_Rock
I think you would get more responses with a new thread for this question.

Have a search of the Show Me The Bling section beforehand - perhaps put 'baguettes' into the search box at the top of the forum - as that may bring up some examples for discussion :)

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A lot of proportions are a personal preference type thing. But yah look on three-stone threads on SMTB for all kinds of eye candy. Some you will prefer over others. Post pics in your new thread and people might know the ratios.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results