shape
carat
color
clarity

Any Galaxy S10 users out there- do you love it?

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I finally made the switch from Apple. Anyone have an S10?
I've had mine for about a week already Karla and I do really love almost everything about it. One big peeve are the headphones. When you listen to music it found very tinny. So I've been using my Apple earphones with it.
If you have one.....What do you love about it?
What don't you like?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a set of B&W PX(wireless) and P3's. (wired) the px are not the most subtle. But good for traveling. I can't do inner ear ones (they always fall out!)

I have an S8+ but this should be similar;
Go under Settings >Sound and Vibration > Advanced Sound Settings
Then go under Sound Quality and effects, you should be able to turn on Dolby Atmos. You can also try Adapt sound and customize your sound profile.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have an s9. I love the camera! I am debating passing it to my son and getting an s10. We have always been android users, my husband is kind of a hipster. :lol:

Reactions: AV_

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yeah and my reasons for android is 2 fold. I love my freedom. Apple is very proprietary and though they love to take code from the open source community, they don't always add back anything of real value. If I decide that Samsung dosen't suit me, there's several other brands out there I can go to without haveing to relearn how android works.

The other side is money driven. I do application development. Android is the most used software in the world crossing several brands. There's a reason for that and its not just because its owned by Google.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have a set of B&W PX(wireless) and P3's. (wired) the px are not the most subtle. But good for traveling. I can't do inner ear ones (they always fall out!)

I have an S8+ but this should be similar;
Go under Settings >Sound and Vibration > Advanced Sound Settings
Then go under Sound Quality and effects, you should be able to turn on Dolby Atmos. You can also try Adapt sound and customize your sound profile.

Thank you!!
I found the settings you mentioned- you can actually use a graphic EQ on the S10. The phone is so durn cool.
Most of the settings and data from my iphone came over seamlessly- one big exception was WhatsApp chats.
For the first few days, it was very frustrating- getting used to the Android system.
For example, I tried downloading a weather app- BANG- the app took over my phone ( apparently there was a launcher built in)
But I found a way to go back to the launcher I was using ( it came with the phone)
I found the "edge panel"- amazing. On an iphone, your favorite numbers are easy to access- no so much on the Samsung- but with the edge panel, viola! Five numbers can be accessed in an instant.
I've even stated using "hey google"/ My general paranoia stops me from getting an Alexa ( for example)
I hate that it's listening to what I say all the time- but the ease of just asking google to make a call....made me join the fray.

About the headphones- I agree- most of the "in ear" headphones are just not secure. But I don't want to walk around with over the ear headphones on...

I bought the Samsung earbuds....but again, the sound sucks ( even after adjusting the eq)- and they also fall out easily.
So I use the apple headphones- they really do stay in very well- and the sound is quite good. I can't access certain functionality.....but it's all about that Bass for me:)

Nikki1415

Brilliant_Rock
I have the S10 and I love it! I had the S8 before this phone and I couldn't reach the fingerprint scanner even though my case was thin so I had to use the iris scanner which was a pain. I love the screen fingerprint scanner on the S10! I don't use my phone for music, I use a Hi-Fi MP3 player with RHA in earbuds for my music outside my house and inside I use my iPad with Bowers & Wilkins wireless headphones.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Rockdiamond If you have access to a higher end audio place that also had ear buds, You might want to audition B&O (Bang and Olufsen) ear buds. They have the wireless version that while people complain about the fact they don't always stay in the ear, sonically they're beautiful. Seinheiser is another company that will have amazing sonics but might also pose a problem. B&W also has some, but they're wired. Some don't dig the wired stuff. They're amazing for the money.

Mid is Future sonics. I don't hate them but they're mid to base heavy. still need to EQ quite a bit them and you'd get some great sound out of them (they're quite clear)

Lastly there's Bose and Beats. Personally I don't like the sound stage on either one (sounds like mud to me) but, they're generally readily available.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Arcadian, I've been researching wireless buds for a couple days and Jabra Elite Active 65t keeps showing up on cnet, tech radar, et al along with those you mentioned. Do you know anything about the Jabras?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Arcadian, I've been researching wireless buds for a couple days and Jabra Elite Active 65t keeps showing up on cnet, tech radar, et al along with those you mentioned. Do you know anything about the Jabras?

Unfortunately I don't, but they do look interesting! I tried quite a few at one point, and none of them would stay in my ears. (my ears are on the small side but that should not matter IMO) The sound of course is what matters the most. if they have a similar sound signature that bose does...hmmm.. will be muddy. (Bose, beats, jbl, sony, panasonic, etc, have adopted this muddy heavy mid bass that to me muddies the overall clarity) Can be tweaked but hell why bother if I can get something better right?) if you're just using them to work out, then it might not be a big deal.

i'm ridiculously overspoiled because I have B&W in my house and Dynaudio in my car...lol

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm going to bite the bullet and buy a pair of Apple earbuds.....
It will be my third pair- the first were in my pocket when a jacket was washed....history...
The second was in my ear during a day of skiing......when I pulled off my helmet, there was only one earbud there...imaging searching MT Snow to try and find a white earbud:)
Aside from that, they tended to stay in my ears- and the sound is very good.....
I'll report back on how they function with the Samsung....

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have had an S10 for a month (and hubby has my old S9). I like it very much, especially the 3 camera modes.
I don't listen to music on my phones so can't help you there.

Here is a photo of 3 CBIs taken on stage from this phone

20190514_231857.jpg

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The applebuds have amazing sound quality- they even do wireless charging with the phone!
The functionality is a bit limited - for example you can't make the sound louder and lower using the buds. But they stay in the ear well and you get excellent frequency response. They are a bit pricey at $199 + tax though. It ducks when you lose them- or wash them:)

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've only had mine since Saturday. Barely enough time to do anything. I was SO annoyed that they did away with the notification light. But I downloaded a program that sort of created one for me--Holy Light? I've always had androids though, so mostly everything else is just intuitive. I don't use in ear headphones, so that's a wash.:P2

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I just got the Huawei P30 pro, good lawdy what a camera!! And I got in just before Android pulled their licensed so it's familiar since I've moved from Samsung. This is a photo that was taken of an Andamooka Opal slice not long after I got the phone

IMG_20190427_154551.jpg

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hey @jordyonbass !!

Good to seeya mate!
I thought for sure you'd have an opinion on sound quality.....after all, the Samsung headphones specifically lack....bass!!
DO you listen to music on your phone?

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hey @jordyonbass !!

Good to seeya mate!
I thought for sure you'd have an opinion on sound quality.....after all, the Samsung headphones specifically lack....bass!!
DO you listen to music on your phone?

G'day mate :wavey:

To be honest I haven't listened to much music on it, however the headphones that came with it have got good sound quality. I'd get a decent set of Bluetooth headphones if I wanted top notch sound quality though.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm concerned about screen burn, I've suffered horrible screen burn on my S8+ and I'm not sure I want to spend that kind of money again knowing it might happen again! Does anyone know if they've resolved this on the newer phones?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm concerned about screen burn, I've suffered horrible screen burn on my S8+ and I'm not sure I want to spend that kind of money again knowing it might happen again! Does anyone know if they've resolved this on the newer phones?

I have an S8+ and never noticed screen burn. was your screen on all the time? my screen turns off after I believe 30 seconds.

And I am admittedly one of those that lets my battery drain down to nothing at least a couple of times a month :oops2: and in my car its hands free everything (screen turns off in the car).

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have an S8+ and never noticed screen burn. was your screen on all the time? my screen turns off after I believe 30 seconds.

And I am admittedly one of those that lets my battery drain down to nothing at least a couple of times a month :oops2: and in my car its hands free everything (screen turns off in the car).

No, not all the time but I am on it a lot for work. It happened to my husband too.

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you!!
I found the settings you mentioned- you can actually use a graphic EQ on the S10. The phone is so durn cool.
Most of the settings and data from my iphone came over seamlessly- one big exception was WhatsApp chats.
For the first few days, it was very frustrating- getting used to the Android system.
For example, I tried downloading a weather app- BANG- the app took over my phone ( apparently there was a launcher built in)
But I found a way to go back to the launcher I was using ( it came with the phone)
I found the "edge panel"- amazing. On an iphone, your favorite numbers are easy to access- no so much on the Samsung- but with the edge panel, viola! Five numbers can be accessed in an instant.
I've even stated using "hey google"/ My general paranoia stops me from getting an Alexa ( for example)
I hate that it's listening to what I say all the time- but the ease of just asking google to make a call....made me join the fray.

About the headphones- I agree- most of the "in ear" headphones are just not secure. But I don't want to walk around with over the ear headphones on...

I bought the Samsung earbuds....but again, the sound sucks ( even after adjusting the eq)- and they also fall out easily.
So I use the apple headphones- they really do stay in very well- and the sound is quite good. I can't access certain functionality.....but it's all about that Bass for me:)

If your whatsapp did not transfer correctly then I think what you need to do is go

settings > chats > chat backup > backup to google drive.

This should save all your content to google drive, it can then be transferred to your new device provided you are signed into your google account.

I am watching the news about huawei. First all the google services, then they are banned from relicencing new models using the standard machine code (wtf?) and now sd cards. It shouldnt effect existing phones (most of it doesnt even effect existing models so if you bought one today it would not matter - although I am not sure about the google software bit.). But it will mean they have to reinvent the wheel before they can manufacture a new model. They actually seem like really good people to me, I have seen their headquaters in shenzhen and their new R&D campus. They underwent intense scrutiny from the EU, which they passed. Now this, just straight up bullying. No longer even any veiled attempts to pretend it is not about geopolitics.

Last edited:

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I took my 3 kids to AT&T today fully intending to pass my S9 to one of them and getting a S10 for myself. We left the store with 3 new S10s. I still have my S9 with a cracked screen.

How did that just happen? :wall:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I took my 3 kids to AT&T today fully intending to pass my S9 to one of them and getting a S10 for myself. We left the store with 3 new S10s. I still have my S9 with a cracked screen.

How did that just happen? :wall:

I don't know but can you adopt me and take me to the store as well :saint::lol::lol::lol:

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know but can you adopt me and take me to the store as well :saint::lol::lol::lol:

Trade you 3 S10s for any number of sapphires you have, lol. Kids may or may not be included in the trade, depending on any given day! :lol::lol-2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results