shape
carat
color
clarity

OMC - need your opinion

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock
I always want an OMC. Found these on IG. What do you think of these?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxS9DwIFaF8/?igshid=1brya1f3vfj4o

or

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxfVUovFuIN/?igshid=1xzxmzbmku0qe

Should I keep looking?

Please let me know.

-joelly

I love Alex! He’s done quite a few projects for me. If you’re unsure ask him questions or ask him to send you videos in different lighting. These are beautiful stones - but what I would be concerned about is the color. What color range do you want to stay in?

joelly

Ideal_Rock
I love Alex! He’s done quite a few projects for me. If you’re unsure ask him questions or ask him to send you videos in different lighting. These are beautiful stones - but what I would be concerned about is the color. What color range do you want to stay in?

I like to own the warmer color for OMC. I always have D-F colors but I have them in rounds and Octavia. I’ve never own OMC before so I’d like to experience an OMC in a warmer color.

I just need to know what questions should I ask.

Reactions: AV_

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always want an OMC. Found these on IG. What do you think of these?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxS9DwIFaF8/?igshid=1brya1f3vfj4o

or

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxfVUovFuIN/?igshid=1xzxmzbmku0qe

Should I keep looking?

Please let me know.

-joelly

I think the first one is TDF gorgeous. Not sure about the second one as in the video it looks like many of the facets are off at the same time but cannot be sure and Alex is super so all you have to do is ask him for more video/photos.
If you like lower colors that first one looks to be super yummy to me. I would probably want to see more videos/photos of both just to be sure. And ask Alex what he thinks as he is very trustworthy too!

OK just saw this question you asked above.
Questions you should ask:
Are the facets a good mix of on and off vs all on and all off at the same time. Is the on off scintillation pattern nice/do they work together? Light play similar in periphery and center of stone? Is the faceting size similar across the stone. Is it crisp faceting? Don't want mushy faceting. Is it an overall bright stone without dark areas. Is it lively? There are more questions but these are things you want to notice and see what you think.

Last edited:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two pretty ends of a wide spectrum!
I'll comment on my thoughts, except price.
I like the visual of the OMC, and of course the size. I like the lower color, but I don't know about that strong fluorescence. I'd have to see in person to decide for sure, as well as that bold Maltese cross flashing dark. Both could be attractive IRL, especially because the Maltese cross seems to go on and off in a pleasing pattern to my eye. That plot though, the girdle....at least it's already set. Do you like the setting it's in?
The OEC, can't complain about the stats, but all I can really see is the pave setting. Can't see much in detail about the center stone. Saw a flash, maybe, of all the center facets going dark at the same time, but don't know if that would replicate in real life. Do you like the setting?

Edited for clarity

AV_

Ideal_Rock
These are so symmetrical - as if they were cut yesterday.

I would want to see both in the same shot.

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock
I like to own the warmer color for OMC. I always have D-F colors but I have them in rounds and Octavia. I’ve never own OMC before so I’d like to experience an OMC in a warmer color.

Ask for Alex’s opinion. He’s trustworthy.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the cushion - I spent a lot of time watching it when he put that video up. I think it’s gorgeous but I’m not buying it (sadly :cry2:). Which one do your eyes like the most?

joelly

Ideal_Rock
My eyes like the cushion. My heart just not too sure. The video can be misleading. Ugh hate for being indecisive.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
One for the cushion: its Maltese cross pattern should act like the arrows in a H&A RBC (perhaps going dark even less easily - TBD) & it seems to do just that (while the arrows of the round do not). I cannot quite know if this difference is a matter of videography or of diamond cut, without seeing the two side by side.

2c

tlfiore

Shiny_Rock
I've worked with Alex on a few projects and we're likely embarking on another one! Alex is the best, he really is. His integrity and honesty are unsurpassed. I love the first diamond you reference and drooled when Alex first posted it on Instagram. The first diamond is an Old Cushion, the second is an OEC...a Transitional Cut, if I'm not mistaken The first diamond, the cushion cut is to die for! Ask Alex any and all questions. He is very approachable. And FWIW, I love warm, dreamy, romantic "lower" colors. I dislike modern cut diamonds. I am not a fan for example, of the August Vintage Cushions, or Av OECSs either (although I love Jonathan). The "new cuts made to look old without imperfections) are lovely but not at all for me. I don't need, or want "perfection." I love antiquity, stories and history.

Anything that is O-P, or above in color is antique color perfection, IMHO. But color DOES vary stone-to-stone, cut-to-cut. I actually owned a 2.43, Q-R, VS1 OEC and in the setting I initially had it in, it was beautiful. I loved the diamond but ending up selling it. Many antique/old diamonds with "low" colors will face up quite white. Ask Alex for videos, photos. And all reputable vendors have a return policy if you buy something you do not like.

Last edited:

joelly

Ideal_Rock
I've worked with Alex on a few projects and we're likely embarking on another one! Alex is the best, he really is. His integrity and honesty are unsurpassed. I love the first diamond you reference and drooled when Alex first posted it on Instagram. The first diamond is an Old Cushion, the second is an OEC...a Transitional Cut, if I'm not mistaken The first diamond, the cushion cut is to die for! Ask Alex any and all questions. He is very approachable. And FWIW, I love warm, dreamy, romantic "lower" colors. I dislike modern cut diamonds. I am not a fan for example, of the August Vintage Cushions, or Av OECSs either (although I love Jonathan). The "new cuts made to look old without imperfections) are lovely but not at all for me. I don't need, or want "perfection." I love antiquity, stories and history.

Anything that is O-P, or above in color is antique color perfection, IMHO. But color DOES vary stone-to-stone, cut-to-cut. I actually owned a 2.43, Q-R, VS1 OEC and in the setting I initially had it in, it was beautiful. I loved the diamond but ending up selling it. Many antique/old diamonds with "low" colors will face up quite white. Ask Alex for videos, photos. And all reputable vendors have a return policy if you buy something you do not like.

I just asked him for more videos showing them together in a normal lighting. Thank you for your tips.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

As Alex wrote it turns green under certain lighting and that is due to its low color with strong fluorescence. It's cool but what do you think of the color? The facets are beautiful. Chunky and bright and lively. Color preference is very personal especially due to the strong fluorescence. I feel like if you think you might love it you need to see it in person and examine/evaluate it in different environments and lighting.

You can play up the color depending on how you set it but you also need to consider the fluorescence and what you think of that added factor. Some people love it and some do not. The cut on this stone appears to be just gorgeous IMO and the only concern I would have is the color. If you love lower colors (and flouro) I would play the color up when setting it.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I still think it’s absolutely gorgeous and I’d buy it at least to see it in person.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
I have requested a video of both in the natural lighting. He said he will do the video in various different lightings. He is very nice.

I never have a low color before but as long as it’s beautiful, I won’t mind it even with the strong fluor.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
I love the cushion - I spent a lot of time watching it when he put that video up. I think it’s gorgeous but I’m not buying it (sadly :cry2:). Which one do your eyes like the most?

My eyes like the cushion the most. Wish I’m not indecisive. I asked him for a video of both rings together. Can’t wait till tomorrow

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Doesn't YF have some such item to offer? I have no clue if he would want the chore, etc.

&

WWW ... I know it is very small, this is how the species is.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Doesn't YF have some such item to offer? I have no clue if he would want the chore, etc.

&

WWW ... I know it is very small, this is how the species is.

Yeah, I was considering that one too until I realize that it’s an OEC, not OMC.

I haven’t asked YF actually...

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I was considering that one too until I realize that it’s an OEC, not OMC.

I sent the wrong link. This should go to a square W-X Peruzzi - www

joelly

Ideal_Rock
I sent the wrong link. This should go to a square W-X Peruzzi - www

The link still goes to the OEC though... which one is a peruzzi? Now you got me all curious :twisted2:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Odd link problem... (encore WWW)
Screenshot_20190526-030016.jpg

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I find them very prismatic - like a ball of light. The cut is older than OMC.

YF has does two revival versions at least (below), both very precise & polite compared with www . The one on IG seems neatly symmetrical - neither this nor that.

Peruzzi-Old-Charm-Diamond.jpg first-water-peruzzi-diamond-second.jpg

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
I’m no expert on these cut, but first one all the way for me! I love the pattern on the first one. The second one kind of lol like hearts and arrows for me.

Plus the first one is bigger.:twisted2:

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have to agree, that first one 3.02 is gorgeous to me as well

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
Please buy the 3.02 so I can stop drooling over it on Instagram. I’m absolutely obsessed but can’t afford it. It is the most gorgeous and unique stone I’ve ever seen. 100% my dream stone. If you love it, buy it!!!!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Please buy the 3.02 so I can stop drooling over it on Instagram. I’m absolutely obsessed but can’t afford it. It is the most gorgeous and unique stone I’ve ever seen. 100% my dream stone. If you love it, buy it!!!!

Hehehe I love it too and drooling also...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results