carat
color
clarity

Idealscope in Toronto - Help!

Mike52

Rough_Rock
Premium
Hi All,

I'm going to review what might just be a front runner for my proposal ring diamond choice.
Unfortunately, the vendor I'm dealing with doesn't have an Idealscope or ASET scope. They do have Hearts and Arrows loup which from my research, is useless in determining light performance.

If anyone knows where I can purchase an Idealscope in the Toronto area tomorrow I would be forever grateful.

Thanks!

EllieTO

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Not sure where you can find one, but if you can't, then can you look up the angles from the lab report (AGS/GIA hopefully) for a good idea of the light performance? If you're not experienced, then you may not be able to assess it on your own anyway. Also make sure you see it in natural light too, not just under the store spot lights.

Just curious, where are you shopping?

Mike52

Rough_Rock
Premium
Have have used the HCA tool - returned the following results:
Light Return
Very Good
Fire
Excellent
Scintillation
Very Good
Spread or diameter for weight
Excellent
Total Visual Performance 1.6 - Excellent within TIC range

It also results on the very high end (94.1) of the enchanted diamonds calculator, for what that’s worth. I’d still feel more comfortable after viewing it with a scope.

The Jeweller is Goldcrest in Unionville.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don't know anyone in Toronto that has one. You can always buy your own from David Atlas here. But order right away because I think he'll send it regular post & might take 3 weeks.
https://datlas.com/ideal-scope-store/

Ive also found Bill Leboeuf in Barrie quite reasonable (just tell him you found him off of PS). He doesn't
have an idealscope or Aset.
http://www.billleboeufjewellers.com

If Goldcrest has a stone in house that you love & think it's the one, I'd say grab it. The HCA score is good.

AlanDiamond

Rough_Rock
Looking to borrow an ASET or Idealscope if anyone has in toronto

jp201845

Brilliant_Rock
Looking to borrow an ASET or Idealscope if anyone has in toronto

Get in touch with Martin from USA Certed Diamonds. He is from the Toronto area and a recommended vendor on Pricescope. He will be able to find you a beautiful stone within your budget and provide you images that you request.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can also just use your eyes to pick the stone that is most pleasing in different lighting environments. Compare 3-4 contenders that look good by the numbers.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results