shape
carat
color
clarity

Not so serious dinnerware (please add them here!)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As I enter the final chapter(s) of my life, I'm finding I'm probably regressing a little... Life is serious but there's also nothing wrong with serious fun. I'm waiting on these, (ordered a service of 8) I wish I also had got in on the kickstarter for the tea set.... https://calamityware.com/collections/plates

02_GiantRobot_800_1024x1024.jpg
04_UFOinvasion_800_1024x1024.jpg
09_Frogs_800_0ee68c10-0a99-40df-8525-3f49b875e40e_1024x1024.jpg

TCBWmugStack_1024x1024.jpg

Please add your not so serious dinnerware/ funware!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
those are so cool!

the only "fun" plate i have is a matryoshka. not this but kind of similar

nestingrussiandollplates.jpg

my everyday dish set which i've had for over a decade is ever-so-slightly fun ;-)

L421724.jpg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
BEFB7331-E20D-4CBA-9297-CE32D1D15888.jpeg 102FDEBA-3500-4AEA-BCE1-E535046EACA1.jpeg 722C1B66-FF2C-4AC2-B8B6-939221FFE4B4.jpeg 2AFC41ED-0567-4E88-B352-F0BCFFF3A5EA.jpeg

My corny side is showing! :P2

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian-

I am afraid I have nothing (physical) to add to this thread, but I wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed seeing your "calamity wear" pattern. It is very tongue in cheek; it appears, at first glance, to be highly traditional, but is, of course, more like a scene from "The Terminator"! You are something else!

Big hugs,
Deb :wavey:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean we need some deets!

@bludiva I love your everyday ware. what brand are those?

@Austina probably not in the same vein, but I remember my grandfather making some naked lady mugs when he and my grandmother got into ceramics. Why I have no idea...lol My mom had them (not sure where they are now!)

come to think of it, I DO have some weird stuff here. Corn on the cob salt and pepper shakers....:lol: My grandmother made those, but I never have them out (well they're not the most functional!) will have to get a picture of them

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lol @ naked lady mugs! go grandad!

those everyday dishes are an old studio nova pattern. i have really loved them, it's strange how you can get a happy boost from something as simple as your dishes :mrgreen2::lol-2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Arcadian The country folk set is vintage Johnson Brothers Patchwork Farm. I have always had a fascination with folk art and country scenes. I live in Pa. so it fits! I have my breakfast on them every morning. The ones on the outdoor table are Lenox Chirp..and the little green bird plate is from Pier 1. I have a thing for dishes..I have a cute set of Christmas appetizer plates at the Maryland house. I’ll take a pic this weekend when I get there..
I use this plate for birthdays. If I have a bad day I eat my dinner on it! Haha!
B301C2EE-FA13-4ACF-AFDD-766D3E7A08E5.jpeg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

@Arcadian
The country folk set is vintage Johnson Brothers Patchwork Farm. I have always had a fascination with folk art and country scenes. I live in Pa. so it fits! I have my breakfast on them every morning.

My grandmother had a set of green and white china with a country pattern of which the the red china (the Johnson Brothers Patchwork Farm) reminds me. If she had a good set of china I was unaware of it. I have seen a photo of a Thanksgiving table at her house when I was a baby and the table was formally set, but I don't remember the china. This is what we always used at her house.

Deb/AGBF

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My grandmother had a set of green and white china with a country pattern of which the the red china (the Johnson Brothers Patchwork Farm) reminds me. If she had a good set of china I was unaware of it. I have seen a photo of a Thanksgiving table at her house when I was a baby and the table was formally set, but I don't remember the china. This is what we always used at her house.

Deb/AGBF
That’s such a nice memory to have of your grandmother..I recently saw a dish that I know was my grandmother’s pattern. It wasn’t china ..but her good dishes..She has been gone a long time..but it brought up happy memories of her serving dinner on those dishes. I found a few of the Johnson Brothers Patchwork Farm dishes at a consignment store many years ago..Since then I slowly put together enough to serve dinner on. I’m the only one that uses them...My mother and son scrape their plates..I have heavy duty white Fiesta Ware for dinners. There are utensil marks all over them..:wink2:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thread has made me want to buy most of the things posted :D LOL

I love those blue/white plates - they are awesome!!

The Star Trek stuff is also cool and will have to be found and bought ;-) :lol:

I have some Harry Potter stuff but it's tucked away until we get a place!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joanne,

Thank you for your sweet reply. While you were posting, I was searching the Internet. I believe I found the pattern that my grandmother had. And for all I know, one of my cousins still has her china somewhere in a cardboard box! We are a frugal family, or, perhaps I should say that we we are a family of hoarders. Somehow I cannot believe that my grandmother's china would have been thrown out!

At any rate, I copied a photo of a plate that I believe was her pattern and e-mailed it to my brother and my first cousins (we are all close) to ask if they recognized it and, if they did not, if one of them could find the correct pattern on-line. I had remembered more of a rural idyll with field and horses and maybe a coachman. What I found was a hearth with a rifle and pots. I will post it here. It may, actually, not be my grandmother's pattern. It reminded me of hers, though. It just seems funny that I could have been looking at a hearth with a rifle and never realized it. I'll let you know if I was once my family gets back to me.

The pattern I think may be my grandmother's is below, It is Colonial Homestead Green by Royal. My grandfather, whom I barely knew (meeting him only when I was a baby), was a deer hunter. ;))

Deb/AGBF

ColonialHomesteadGreen.jpg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
This thread has made me want to buy most of the things posted :D LOL

I love those blue/white plates - they are awesome!!

The Star Trek stuff is also cool and will have to be found and bought ;-) :lol:

I have some Harry Potter stuff but it's tucked away until we get a place!
I agree! I would love to get the everything!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BEFB7331-E20D-4CBA-9297-CE32D1D15888.jpeg 102FDEBA-3500-4AEA-BCE1-E535046EACA1.jpeg 722C1B66-FF2C-4AC2-B8B6-939221FFE4B4.jpeg 2AFC41ED-0567-4E88-B352-F0BCFFF3A5EA.jpeg

I have the matching wastebasket to that top pattern with the birds...ha! A splurgy, impractical purchase for my bathroom when i bought my house. also "sparks joy" =)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As I said I had, I e-mailed the picture of the green plate with the rifle and pots over the hearth to my brother and cousins. My female cousin wrote back that plates like that were definitely in the family. Here is what one of my two male first cousins wrote. (I told you no one in my family threw anything out!)

"I believe both my Mom and Grammy had green and white themed plates. The set I have (not sure who I got it from) has the Old Curiosity Shoppe on the dinner plate. However I also have a single 10 inch dinner plate with the Colonial Homestead on it, that matches the picture you sent. I also have three 12 inch serving plates with a Colonial Homestead theme - similar to the plate in your picture - only in addition to the fireplace the picture includes more of the room."

I know all of you were dying to know exactly which plate my grandmother used. ;))

Deb :wavey:

elizat

Ideal_Rock

Love the birds! Do you know the brand?

Although...the gentleman in the house may not approve. I picked out the Lennox butterfly dishes and was vetoed. :lol:

We have plain white square ones for everyday. A little boring.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our plates are Fiestaware in kelly green and sunshine yellow, so that's kind of fun I think :mrgreen2:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our plates are Fiestaware in kelly green and sunshine yellow, so that's kind of fun I think :mrgreen2:
That totally counts! :appl:
When we moved to Florida I bought all aqua blue Fiestaware. We'd had white dishes for nearly 20 years:eek-2: essentially I started over...lol

I didn't really NEED another set, but Calamityware speaks to my soul...lol

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love the birds! Do you know the brand?

Although...the gentleman in the house may not approve. I picked out the Lennox butterfly dishes and was vetoed. :lol:

We have plain white square ones for everyday. A little boring.
Thank you @elizat The aqua ones are Lenox Chirp..
I have lots of white dishes..I mix the better ones with my China so I only buy sets of twelve dinner plates of different patterns..I mix and match..Then I have the industrial white dishes for anything that would require a knife. My mom and David saw their food. It would make me crazy if they did that to my nice dishes! :(2

Last edited:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean I will look those up!

I found these online recently. Very pretty but I think a little expensive. Or maybe I just like bargains.

https://www.graciousstyle.com/buy/i...3TuAK4uZViibpk0Lec10ChAvlY4KwGkEaAlf6EALw_wcB

I think they are beautiful. They remind me of handmade pottery we used to see on the Boothbay Harbour Peninsula in Maine. A man opened a pottery shop one year (we used to go there every year for a week). His little pottery place got bigger and bigger and bigger. I haven't been by it in years but I assume it is still flourishing. I think his place was called Edgecombe Potter since the town he was in was Edgecombe. I bought some pieces as gifts when he first started out. At that point he was using mainly blues and greens.

I will see if they have a website.

Edited to add: They do. Here is a link...https://www.edgecombpotters.com/edgecomb-potters-deep-dish-pie-plate.html

Last edited:

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I think they are beautiful. They remind me of handmade pottery we used to see on the Boothbay Harbour Peninsula in Maine. A man opened a pottery shop one year (we used to go there every year for a week). His little pottery place got bigger and bigger and bigger. I haven't been by it in years but I assume it is still flourishing. I think his place was called Edgecombe Potter since the town he was in was Edgecombe. I bought some pieces as gifts when he first started out. At that point he was using mainly blues and greens.

Edited to add: They do. Here is a link...https://www.edgecombpotters.com/edgecomb-potters-deep-dish-pie-plate.html

Those are so pretty! Thanks for sharing the link.

We may have even went to that shop. We did a trip to Maine and visited Boothbay last year. I love pottery, so it is possible we went there. Such pretty stuff they have. I may order something!

I think I am going to order some new dishes in this pattern from Casafina. They are really pretty. I like them actually even better than the Ibiza ones maybe. But I like them all!

https://www.wayfair.com/kitchen-tabletop/pdp/casafina-taormina-108-dinner-plate-nyk1261.html

Last edited:

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks for posting! Love this! May order, but kind of want to visit them!

https://www.edgecombpotters.com/edgecomb-potters-the-dory-baker-server.html?id=19063817

the-dory-baker-server.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my pig teapot!

pig teapot.jpg

A few years back at a juried craft show we saw some gorgeous, dishes mugs etc made by Three Wheel Studio (https://www.threewheelstudio.com) My husband bought himself a large mug in the Flowers, Birds and Berries pattern, and over the next few years he added a matching large cereal bowl and a plate-- his breakfast set! The pieces are very solid (and pricey) but gorgeous!
I see a few things on their website that I'd love to own, but realistically I have nowhere to put them. We have too much china as it is. :roll2:

Attachments

• dancing pig teapot.jpg
    dancing pig teapot.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 18

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@pearlsngems, that teapot.....lol I love it!!!:appl:

@AGBF I have friends in Portland dragged me to that place was only the best type of torture:lol-2:) They've got some really gorgeous stuff.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results