shape
carat
color
clarity

What type of band would you choose?

Hammieboy

Rough_Rock
39D92DAA-F18C-4641-9FF7-8E02C4D1211D.jpeg received a new OEC for my anniversary. I’d like to get a band to wear with it but I’m having a hard time picturing what might look good?! I’m trying to source an antique online. Not too worried about anything sitting flush but more interested in opinions on what styles of bands would work?

Not a great picture...sorry about that...but I’m sure you get the idea.

Thanks so much!
KC

Attachments

• 07E547CB-462D-49E4-97C7-695FD3EABF30.jpeg
    07E547CB-462D-49E4-97C7-695FD3EABF30.jpeg
    132.5 KB · Views: 28

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have a look for stacking bands in the Show Me The Bling section - ceg has some awesome ones that I think would look cool with it, and there was another thread the other day with stackers in it that could be useful :)

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have a look for stacking bands in the Show Me The Bling section - ceg has some awesome ones that I think would look cool with it, and there was another thread the other day with stackers in it that could be useful :)

Thanks @OoohShiny!

@Hammieboy, Your ring is beautiful! I would pair it with a thin single cut eternity. Or a French cut eternity would be lovely too.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aha - this classic gorgeous setting that is also a bit of a pain to pair bands with - I have a fishtail prong version and it was a challenge! I paired a single cut band and also an orange blossom band very happily.
img_0166.png img_13605.jpg
A plain band looks gorgeous. French cuts would be delightful.
To my eyes MRB/pave or other splintery cuts do not look right with the OEC/baguette pairing, both of which favour big flashes/facets. @StephanieLynn has a very similar setting and pairs an engraved band and a sapphire baguette band successfully.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, beautiful ring and happy anniversary!

A single cut band like @Gussie suggested would look great, I like eternities because they look good even if they spin but keep in mind you can't resize.

Engraved bands are awesome, I see them on Etsy all the time both reproduction and antique and they would look great with your beautiful ring.

Also make sure to check out RubyLane, there is a great selection of bands there.

Thanks for the shoutout @foxinsox :D

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not to be showy, this is just different ideas. Honestly I wear the engraved bands the most, the great thing about them is they still look pretty even if they spin around.

IMG_2974.JPG IMG_3169.JPG IMG_3742.JPG IMG_3896.JPG IMG_4603.JPG

Hammieboy

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much everyone! These photos and ideas are exactly what I needed! I may go for the engraved band as my other two bands both have diamonds so that would be a good addition to the family!

Super appreciate the responses. And...y’all have beautiful pieces! I love stalking these boards.

KC

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results