shape
carat
color
clarity

Longevity of metallic freshwater

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I know it's generally against the rules, but does anyone wear their pearls 24hrs until they feel like changing em? I change my jewelry every few days or so but not daily. I am hoping my metallic freshwater a would hold up somewhat....I am getting some dangles from pearl paradise...and quite a newbie with pearls

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
If you wear your pearls 24/7 they probably won't mind. (be careful about putting on perfume etc)
But the silk will soon start to stretch and fail - presumably there will be water in there at times. Silk doesn't like to get wet and stay wet - like any natural fibre it will rot ..especially the silk inside each pearl which will take longer to dry than the silk outside. It isn't a disaster but watch out for it starting to fail and get a re-string onto a synthetic which won't mind a dunk in a shower

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We sweat and we have skin oils that get on our pearls, so it's a good idea to damp-wipe the pearls with a soft cloth when you finally remove them.

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Okay thanks!!!!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you wear your pearls 24/7 they probably won't mind. (be careful about putting on perfume etc)
But the silk will soon start to stretch and fail - presumably there will be water in there at times. Silk doesn't like to get wet and stay wet - like any natural fibre it will rot ..especially the silk inside each pearl which will take longer to dry than the silk outside. It isn't a disaster but watch out for it starting to fail and get a re-string onto a synthetic which won't mind a dunk in a shower
what do these lovelies look like ?
(hint) :loopy:

axelrich

Rough_Rock
Quite an advice for the pearl lover.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results