shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help for estimated value

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really think you should push for a return based on you thinking it was Bvlgari and that they provided a box. FWIW I have purchased genuine Bvlgari on a cruise, full boutique, jewelry and all. It's out there!

JustMe44

Rough_Rock
Hu78
I'm sorry to hear that. Sounds like they were purposely being misleading, which is exactly what I figured.
Yes that's sure but you know, on the certificate it also isn't stated as Bulgari. So I still think it's kinda my fault. For sure if I would have asked, they would tell me it is not a Bulgari ring. All what I can do now is to sell the ring and hope for the highest possible amount I can get. All in all I think the others are right. 350USD I might get. Thanks by the way Lovedogs :)

JustMe44

Rough_Rock
It has been an expensive lesson in life, but not as expensive as some people have suffered!

How did you pay? By credit card? If yes, you should ring the card company and request a chargeback on the basis the goods were misrepresented and/or not as described.
I paid this one thru cash. I think it's too late for a refund. Just hoping for a higher value than 650USD what I paid.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it says Bulgari on the inside like you stated earlier (but you also stated you had Bulgari documentation and didnt), then you should request your
money back because the ring is not made by who it says it is made by (false claim). Chances are pretty slim though.

JustMe44

Rough_Rock
Yes at the inner side it says Bvlgari. The only explanation could be that
1. It is a fake
2. It is authentic but ring was customized (can't imagine but exists for sure somewhere)

Yes, it says at the top of the certificate Bvlgari but not sure since the ship has also their own certificates and SKU numbers though.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think @cflutist has done a lot of cruising recently and might have some experience she could contribute! :)

JustMe44

Rough_Rock
I think @cflutist has done a lot of cruising recently and might have some experience she could contribute! :)
Yes probably :) Anyways still I think still it was my mistake to purchase the ring. But no one is perfect and surely many people already fall for those kind of jewelry with low value hehe.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If the ring is stamped Bvlgari and the certificate also says Bvlgari, but they say it’s not Bvlgari, then they’re selling counterfeit goods, which is illegal. If you’re still on the ship, go back and make a big stink about it until they refund you.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes at the inner side it says Bvlgari. The only explanation could be that
1. It is a fake
2. It is authentic but ring was customized (can't imagine but exists for sure somewhere)

Yes, it says at the top of the certificate Bvlgari but not sure since the ship has also their own certificates and SKU numbers though.
Exsctly. It's fake. Period. They are selling fake goods. Get your $ back.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you try to sell it knowing it’s fake that would be illegal too. You need to try to get a refund.
If the poster sells the ring as legit Bvugari or implies it is authentic or unknown, that would be deceptive. However, if the poster is selling a single item and says clearly that they are not selling as authentic, there is not legal restriction (in the US or Canada) to that on jewelry...I can't speak for every countries' laws. Jewelry is not the same as other objects (purses, wallets, art, etc.). Selling one of something is far different than selling 10,000 of something.

Major posh jewellery brands fight sales on Etsy and Ebay because sellers are making a invalid claim of authenticity.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
However, if the poster is selling a single item and says clearly that they are not selling as authentic, there is not legal restriction (in the US or Canada) to that on jewelry...I can't speak for every countries' laws.

I’m no lawyer, but as an armchair quarterback I would speculate that it’s still illegal because the Bvlgari name is a registered trademark, and cannot be used without permission.

Tarquin

Rough_Rock

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m no lawyer, but as an armchair quarterback I would speculate that it’s still illegal because the Bvlgari name is a registered trademark, and cannot be used without permission.
I think this simplest thing for the poster would be to have the questionable Bvlgari mark buffed off. The stamp is the questionable part, not the rest of the ring. Then, just sell it by its specs.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this simplest thing for the poster would be to have the questionable Bvlgari mark buffed off. The stamp is the questionable part, not the rest of the ring. Then, just sell it by its specs.
Agreed!

srke

Shiny_Rock
I think if you go to a supposedly legit store, where they sell you an item that has the name of a brand engraved in it, and they sell it to you in a box from that brand, i think you can argue that most people would reasonably believe such an item to be a genuine item of that brand, whether or not you specifically asked the question of the sales at the time of purchase. Unless they had clearly declared it was not a bulgari ring at the point of sale i would make a stink about them being deliberately deceptive and see if you can push for a refund.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I hope that the situation is as you described it (as crappy a situation it is) but for some reason something seems fishy to me.

I appologize if that isnt the case at all but as a woman who can't stand to see injustice, I just dont understand why you won't try to get a refund or at the least report them.

I do hope that everything works out for you though. It's so so wrong for a cruise ship to sell you a ring that is marked with a designer brand/papers/box and all when its not in the slightest. :naughty:

Truthfully in my humble opinion it'll be hard for you to get even $325 for the ring. The diamonds just look so cloudy and dull. sad :((

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results