shape
carat
color
clarity

Introducing "Bertie" my new CvB Bespoke Engraved Halo

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Hope this worked!! Clearly, I’m not skilled at video, my apologies!

WOW!! I’m “Breathless over Bertie” and her sister too!:love: I’m gaga over anything that brings us back in time and looks as if it has a story to tell. It’s truly so beautiful and elegant and unique looking. Love her and her sister too!! You did “good” kid!!! (Ofcourse, better than good.... you did Spectacular)!!!!!

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hope this worked!! Clearly, I’m not skilled at video, my apologies!

Ack its so gorgeous I can hardly stand it! Lol thanks for the lovely video. What a diamond and what a ring! It's just beyond words.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ack its so gorgeous I can hardly stand it! Lol thanks for the lovely video. What a diamond and what a ring! It's just beyond words.
Thanks @goldenfire! I certainly enjoy wearing her everyday!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
WOW!! I’m “Breathless over Bertie” and her sister too!:love: I’m gaga over anything that brings us back in time and looks as if it has a story to tell. It’s truly so beautiful and elegant and unique looking. Love her and her sister too!! You did “good” kid!!! (Ofcourse, better than good.... you did Spectacular)!!!!!
Thanks @Emeraldcutlover! Your new ring evokes the exact same sentiments....truly a masterpiece!

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@goldenfire here’s a better video!

Amazing!!!! How did you even do that?! Is it on vimeo? I can't seem to click on a link so I can view it BIG!!! lol I've noticed when I post my vimeo videos here that the links aren't available so that the viewers can see in HD...hmmm..can you post the vimeo link and then maybe in the middle of it, break it up with spaces so that the video won't post without the link but I can paste the two links together to see it BIG on vimeo and in HD? :)

Last edited:

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
This ring in a PS Top 10 - a classic beauty! So lovely.

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
This ring in a PS Top 10 - a classic beauty! So lovely.
Thanks @caolsen!

LOL DITTO!!! Ultimate PSer hahahah. That was a great idea
No, just one who is a technically challenged ostrich who’s head is buried in the sand about technology and what’s even out there! An ultimate PSer would have rigged a lazy Susan in their kitchen! :cheeky:

WOW that big HD video was AMAZING!!! Thank you for posting. I love how you can see all the facets in that video. I will probably watch it 5x lol... It's sooooo pretty. Makes me excited for my future upgrade

Thanks for telling me about Vimeo (I’d never heard of it!)! What do you have in mind for your future upgrade? It’s never to early to plan you know...did I mention I’m a fabulous enabler? :lol:

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks @caolsen!

No, just one who is a technically challenged ostrich who’s head is buried in the sand about technology and what’s even out there! An ultimate PSer would have rigged a lazy Susan in their kitchen! :cheeky:

Thanks for telling me about Vimeo (I’d never heard of it!)! What do you have in mind for your future upgrade? It’s never to early to plan you know...did I mention I’m a fabulous enabler? :lol:

Ahhhh yes you and all the PS gals are fabulous enablers, including myself lol.

I fell for this diamond at one of Grace's shows, there is a pic with it on my finger on the 2cnd page. I usually fall for chunkier facets under the table (like my rhr) and this one is a late oec with facets under the table somewhere in between chunky petals and the tranny str look at the tips, in person it was amazing and I totally fell for it, at least in the jewelry store lighting and outdoors, the true test is always in my house though, but I'm sure it would be amazing ...

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...2-oec-in-erika-winters-laurel-setting.248386/

I'm trying to raise funds now, but not sure if it will happen in time. Consignment is definitely a bit pricier than Caysie could get for me and she is awesome at sourcing fantastic stones. .... I keep telling myself that if this doesn't work out that she will find me an AMAZING stone. But I really fell hard for this beauty. The price is quite firm so we will see what happens. Right now as I add up projected funds, I may be shy of what is needed for this and the funds probably won't all be here for a couple months, but hoping it works out!!!

Now to make matters more complicated I'm not sure if I can let go of the bangle I listed..the rainbows, glow and chunks of light on that oec are more than any other Ive seen and I'm sure I'll never find one again...alas lol

Last edited:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ahhhh yes you and all the PS gals are fabulous enablers, including myself lol.

I fell for this diamond at one of Grace's shows, there is a pic with it on my finger on the 2cnd page. I usually fall for chunkier facets under the table (like my rhr) and this one is a late oec with facets under the table somewhere in between chunky petals and the tranny str look at the tips, in person it was amazing and I totally fell for it, at least in the jewelry store lighting and outdoors, the true test is always in my house though, but I'm sure it would be amazing ...

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...2-oec-in-erika-winters-laurel-setting.248386/

I'm trying to raise funds now, but not sure if it will happen in time. Consignment is definitely a bit pricier than Caysie could get for me and she is awesome at sourcing fantastic stones. .... I keep telling myself that if this doesn't work out that she will find me an AMAZING stone. But I really fell hard for this beauty. The price is quite firm so we will see what happens. Right now as I add up projected funds, I may be shy of what is needed for this and the funds probably won't all be here for a couple months, but hoping it works out!!!

Now to make matters more complicated I'm not sure if I can let go of the bangle I listed..the rainbows, glow and chunks of light on that oec are more than any other Ive seen and I'm sure I'll never find one again...alas lol

That is a stunning stone! And your bangle is also gorgeous...choices like that are so hard! How would you set her?

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2019-02-23 at 12.08.41 AM.png
That is a stunning stone! And your bangle is also gorgeous...choices like that are so hard! How would you set her?
It looks like the stone is going to happen...im thrilled. I'm going to add things up today and may not even need to sell my bangle. So for settings I had originally loved Caysie's Lisette, but i think with a stone this large that a halo might make it way too big on my finger. Not sure? The stone in the lisette in the pics is 8.65mm....my stone will be 8.7x9mm approx. I had loved the CvB and LAD Artemis with 2 tone as well....im still deciding. There won't be funds immediately for the perfect setting so I have some time....Maybe I should have Caysie do a custom design? Here are pics of Artemis and lisette
Screen Shot 2019-02-23 at 12.08.59 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-02-23 at 12.08.30 AM.png IMG_8460-X4.jpg IMG_8051-X4.jpg 20181127_103849__59887.1543557627.1280.1280.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-23 at 12.08.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-23 at 12.08.41 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here is my hand with the diamond in a solitaire setting....would a halo be too big? I tried on another similar sized diamond at Graces show that was in a halo and my husband thought it looked too massive and I think I agreed with him, but honestly sometimes it takes a day or 2 to adjust to size, i used to think my rhr was too massive lol and now it's small. Wish I took a pic of this on my finger. I'm not sure if I have room on my finger for a halo with a diamond this size...id love input!

Here is a video also. How did you paste the vimeo link without the video posting so that I was able to view directly in vimeo? When I paste the video just pops up...im technologically challenged I think lol:

20190511_171109.jpg

Last edited:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here is my hand with the diamond in a solitaire setting....would a halo be too big? I tried on another similar sized diamond at Graces show that was in a halo and my husband thought it looked too massive and I think I agreed with him, but honestly sometimes it takes a day or 2 to adjust to size, i used to think my rhr was too massive lol and now it's small. Wish I took a pic of this on my finger. I'm not sure if I have room on my finger for a halo with a diamond this size...id love input!

Here is a video also. How did you paste the vimeo link without the video posting so that I was able to view directly in vimeo? When I paste the video just pops up...im technologically challenged I think lol:

20190511_171109.jpg
Yippee!! I love the Lisette and don’t think it will be too big once you get used to it! I literally cut the link in half and pasted them separately. Try that. ;)2

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bertie is just STUPENDOUS!! Congrats on completing and being satisfied with such a major project.

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Aww, thanks @missy! He is doing better today, thank you! I truly couldn't have gotten to this place without your guidance and advice. I've tried really hard to go slowly and make thoughtful decisions so that I got it right the first time and I do think I have. For me, it's about as close to perfect as it could be!

Here are a couple more photos:
Handshot close up.jpg Flower shot2.jpg
Handshot4.jpg Front view.jpg

Oh m’Lordie! Ugh! The finger coverage! That OEC! The setting! The story!

Yssie I am dead. Lol. This is such a beautiful tribute and heirloom. So happy for you.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh m’Lordie! Ugh! The finger coverage! That OEC! The setting! The story!

Yssie I am dead. Lol. This is such a beautiful tribute and heirloom. So happy for you.
Thanks @apacherose! It was a long road, but well worth it in the end and reminds me of my sweet Grandma when I wear her.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Girl you totally have room on that finger for that GLORIOUS HALOOOOOOO :kiss2: You just have to learn from Yenny. There is no such thing as "too big"!

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Girl you totally have room on that finger for that GLORIOUS HALOOOOOOO :kiss2: You just have to learn from Yenny. There is no such thing as "too big"!
Hahahahah I think you are right, the 9mm size is now shrinking to me lol

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks @apacherose! It was a long road, but well worth it in the end and reminds me of my sweet Grandma when I wear her.

One of the things I love about jewelry is the power it has to serve as a symbol and memento in such a meaningful way. Obviously this comes from a jewelry nut, and other objects can serve similar purpose, like my Grandma's coffee mug that I use every day since we lost her last summer, but, anyway, congratulations on such a beautiful tribute and reminder of your Grandma.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results