shape
carat
color
clarity

MY DREAM EARRING PROJECT WITH 1.38 & 1.39 OEC SISTERS

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much!!! I'd be happy to do a thread on my rhr...I'll have to get some more nice pics first!!! I'll post the link when I do :) It's a 1.71ct oec, I adore it. Details to come!...
UPDATE: I actually was able to dig up the thread that my sweet friend DandT posted on this ring, I bought it from her a while back, her pics are better than mine would be!!

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...tom-platinum-solitaire-by-david-klass.221507/

Ohhhh beautiful!!!! From your avatar I thought it was yg!! Would love to know if you ever decide to let this baby go!! :twisted:

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Wonderful match, congrats. The earrings will be amazing.

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much!!!! ac117, Yes the metal does look a bit warm in my avatar...I will keep you posted if I ever decide to let it go. Though I don't plan on ever parting with it, I've learned to never say never at this point with jewelry...I can't even count how many times I've said I would never part with something and then another sparkly treasure catches my eye and I'm selling stuff to raise funds lol. And I will say if in the future you ever decide to part with your beautiful new studs please let me know :kiss:

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just for fun...while I was videoing these oecs I was covered in rainbows. I think the rainbows from the diamonds were reflecting into my phone flash or lens and then reflecting back onto my hands...I've never had my hands covered in so many rainbows before :)

My black macro clip is making the diamonds look black here...I need to find a white one

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
Wow ,these are breath taking ! heirloom material :love:

lynahs1295

Shiny_Rock
i love OEC rainbows!!! nothing beats them imo :wink2:

Q

Queenie60

Beautiful Casablanca earrings! Can't wait to see them when finished. Wow!

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much. Queenie60, your Casablanca ring is AMAZING!!!!

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My diamonds have been with Caysie for a while and they should be done and in the Casas soon!!!! So I will hopefully have photos very shortly!!! If I don't have to sell my e-ring to get my upgrade then I will probably use the oec to make a matching Casablanca necklace!

facets close up oec.jpg oec pic facet pattern but with smudges.jpg

The stone has magnesium oil on it in this sepia looking pic that shows facet pattern, so it's not a representation of clarity, but you can really see the beautiful floral pattern. this is the best pic of facet pattern I've taken (not very good here at pics)...I think it would look amazing in a casa necklace...
The face up color is a good match for the other stones

Directly on vimeo you can see the facet pattern..not so much in the tiny videos here

does anyone know if there is a thread with a Casablanca style necklace?

Last edited:

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ering with oecs casa.jpg Here are some more pics...its a tad larger than the other 2 stones (7.3mm right around there)
and I think that would look amazing in the pendant.
Here they are all together, my ering looks filthy here, I regularly have dough and junk from cooking on it and under it, it's a super clean stone though:

20190327_150857.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ering with oecs casa.jpg Here are some more pics...its a tad larger than the other 2 stones (7.3mm right around there)
and I think that would look amazing in the pendant.
Here they are all together, my ering looks filthy here, I regularly have dough and junk from cooking on it and under it, it's a super clean stone though:

20190327_150857.jpg

Oooh GORGEOUS.:kiss2:

swooningoverbling.gif
I am swooning over your beautiful bling. :appl:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Those 2 stones are gorgeous! Looking forward to seeing the earrings!

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with everyone, those stones are a fabulous match and they're going to make stunning earrings in those beautiful settings!! I can only imagine how much you're going to enjoy them every time you wear them!! :kiss2:

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone, I can't wait till they are done..should be any day now :)

mermaid

Rough_Rock
I'm late! I think I just died and went to OEC Happyville when I looked at your babies! I'm making earrings, too, and can't wait to see yours! They are stunnnning. :)

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm late! I think I just died and went to OEC Happyville when I looked at your babies! I'm making earrings, too, and can't wait to see yours! They are stunnnning. :)
Ahhh thank you so much. I love that lol "oec happyville"...
What earrings are you making?!

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
These are finished but Caysie is getting a new lens in the mail so she can take glamour shots before she sends me the earrings, her other lens broke. Her glamour shots are worth the wait....but I can't wait lol. This is going to be an earring jackpot week for me with the White Flash ACA reset from DK coming as well....trying to distract myself while I wait lol

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are finished but Caysie is getting a new lens in the mail so she can take glamour shots before she sends me the earrings, her other lens broke. Her glamour shots are worth the wait....but I can't wait lol. This is going to be an earring jackpot week for me with the White Flash ACA reset from DK coming as well....trying to distract myself while I wait lol

Oh my gosh, I would never be able to wait :think:...glamour shots and all. I am too impatient. LOL I am feeling impatient and these are not even my earrings.:lol:

When is her new lens due? Very excited for you and perhaps drawing out the suspense is making you that much more excited. 8) :dance:

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh, I would never be able to wait :think:...glamour shots and all. I am too impatient. LOL I am feeling impatient and these are not even my earrings.:lol:

When is her new lens due? Very excited for you and perhaps drawing out the suspense is making you that much more excited. 8) :dance:

I'm getting antsy lol. Can't wait to see them. She says they look awesome. Her lens should come any day now..between these and my ACA earrings reset that are both due this week, I am trying to distract myself so I don't get too impatient lol.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm getting antsy lol. Can't wait to see them. She says they look awesome. Her lens should come any day now..between these and my ACA earrings reset that are both due this week, I am trying to distract myself so I don't get too impatient lol.

Haha I hear you...you know what I do when I am trying to take my attention off waiting for bling? I buy other things :lol:. Works like a charm. Shopping and buying and doing what we can for the economy. 8):appl: 8)

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh my goodness! They are going to be glorious!! Yeah, I’d be jumping out of my skin waiting even an extra second for these babies!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The facet pattern is gorgeous on your diamonds!! Can’t wait to see the completed earrings.

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Caysie got her lens!!! I will post a new thread once I get them and take a bzillion pics. I hope she sends more pics, they look amazing. She added another row of milgrain so that these earrings which were made for 8mm stones would fit my just over 7mm stones. I think it makes them look like they were tailor made for my stones. The prongs are the perfect size too :) They had to lengthen them to accommodate my smaller than 8m stones. I hope she can take some pics that show the facet patterns of the stones...bc they are lovely and my pics can't compare with hers lol
. 93334.jpeg

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
Good LORD @goldenfire! Those are just exquisite! :love:

@missy, your idea for how to pass the time is brilliant!!! :lol:

H

Horsegirl76

Wow! Those are masterpieces! Truly exquisite!

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much ladies!! The CvB earrings arrive tmrw...I hope I can sleep lol

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Omg they are fan-friggin-tastic!!! :love::love::love:

Good LORD @goldenfire! Those are just exquisite! :love:

@missy, your idea for how to pass the time is brilliant!!! :lol:

Wow! Those are masterpieces! Truly exquisite!

Thanks so much everyone...I am off to bed and hoping I can sleep well..I am so excited lol. At least these are coming tomorrow. I think my DK ACA reset earrings are not going to be arriving as planned. Thanks Sandyinanaheim for telling me how to do multiple quotes lol. Here is a side by side of how the Casablanca samples looked before they had my stones in them, they held 8mm cz's. you can really see the difference and how she added an extra row of milgrain and longer prongs to accommodate my almost 1mm smaller stones (7.05x7.08 and 7.05x7.21). I actually really like the fun edgy feel that the longer prongs and extra milgrain gives. It kind of takes it away from the more classic fine jewelry look and makes it
a little more vintage/edgy feeling, which is fun. I will post tmrw once they arrive!!! I will be waiting like a dog by the door all day probably hahaha.

. 93334.jpeg

cvb casablanca.jpg

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
For fun, since I don't have the Casablancas in my hands to post pics of yet...these are my other favorites...I wear them all the time. They have a fun vintage edgy vibe that I love as well. Erica's picture is so much better than mine :)These Casablancas along with these little one of a kind vintage platinum dangles with 6.2mm oec's are my 2 favorites. These have been dream earrings of mine for so long. I actually fell in love with the Casablanca settings right after I bought the little dangles from Erica...and I have been plotting /saving/planning and working with Caysie for I think 3 years acquiring the stones one by one, (matching oecs is one heck of a project and being on a tighter budget made it extra tricky) then saving up for the setting came next along with many detours because I just get caught up with other projects...(mostly because Caysie or someone on LT lists something that I can't live without lol) and finally we are here and they will be arriving tomorrow.

Erica's pic close up.jpg

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results