shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How would you like to get cemetery plot advertisements? I’m not ready to meet my maker yet! :pray::lol:

My ever practical husband bought me a funeral for my 50th :lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My 10 year old son: “ mom did you just buy more jewelry?”

My husband: “ you really should set a budget if you are going to keep buying...”

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My 10 year old son: “ mom did you just buy more jewelry?”

My husband: “ you really should set a budget if you are going to keep buying...”

Hahaha you must talk with your son. Tell him mums the word when it comes to you getting new bling...:shhh:

As for your dh tell him sweetie of course I have a budget. It just keeps moving up as my passion for each piece increases.8)
And of course remind him gently...happy wife, happy life.

:halo:

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I just wanna say.....
Im having buyers remorse for these hoops!
20190515_111741.jpg
I bought these natural pearl hoops that are 2" (which are the only size of hoops that I wear or look good in) but I think the pearls are too small for the look that I was going for. I tried them on with various outfits and they look like way "too much" and just trashily gaudy.

The only outfit that is somewhat passable are nice jeans and a crisp white t-shirt but even then they read "im a diva" in-a-bad-way!

Bought them at a thrift store for $5.99 so theres that, so I'm not as bummed but darn those hand mirrors and their trickery!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanna say.....
Im having buyers remorse for these hoops!
20190515_111741.jpg
I bought these natural pearl hoops that are 2" (which are the only size of hoops that I wear or look good in) but I think the pearls are too small for the look that I was going for. I tried them on with various outfits and they look like way "too much" and just trashily gaudy.

The only outfit that is somewhat passable are nice jeans and a crisp white t-shirt but even then they read "im a diva" in-a-bad-way!

Bought them at a thrift store for $5.99 so theres that, so I'm not as bummed but darn those hand mirrors and their trickery!!!

I think they look cool @TheGarnetGirl. You can pull them off. They say easy breezy cool IMO. I like them on you. And for $5.99 LOL you cannot go wrong! Try them for a few days and see what you think then.

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I wish I didn’t check the HCA tool for my engagement ring... it scored a 2.4, I’ve resisted for so long! Feeling a bit defeated...

I still love it and i still think it is pretty, maybe I am blissed with not so “sharp eyes”.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanna say I LOVE being retired. We can spontaneously take off and go cycling down the shore. On a (weather related) whim. Very sweet.
DH is not retired but he can work from home but when I was working I could never work from home. Anyway it's glorious day at the beach. #springweatherrocks

View right now
Screen Shot 2019-05-16 at 4.44.07 PM.png
:sun:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish I didn’t check the HCA tool for my engagement ring... it scored a 2.4, I’ve resisted for so long! Feeling a bit defeated...

I still love it and i still think it is pretty, maybe I am blissed with not so “sharp eyes”.

Aww Rubybrick it's a rejection tool no more than that. You're seeing your gorgeous stone with your eyes and know it's amazing. 2.4 pshaw your ring is TDF gorgeous. Put that HCA right out of your mind please! Seeing is believing.

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Aww Rubybrick it's a rejection tool no more than that. You're seeing your gorgeous stone with your eyes and know it's amazing. 2.4 pshaw your ring is TDF gorgeous. Put that HCA right out of your mind please! Seeing is believing.
Thanks missy! That is the crazy thing about my ring. Is isn’t one that I would pick myself, as I always thought I would have an emerald cut stone, but my husband who really can careless about jewelry is very partial to the RB cut. We met in architecture school and there are so many parallels when it comes to personal preference (and we’ve gone thru 2 complete home renovations to attest to that) , but I think we’ve for the most part manage to help the other see the beauty from the others perspective and appreciate the beauty, my engagement ring is a prime example of it, I really treasure that in a way.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was driving down the road today, and I looked over and saw the biggest sapphire ring ever!
It's the side of a bus, in case you can't tell.
IMG_20190517_141147.jpg

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a petty little vent, but...

I recently tried to buy some pearls from Pearl Paradise.

I chatted in, and the rep who wound up fielding my request was... absolutely exasperating to deal with.

I made clear, detailed requests for multiple strands. My requests were consistently ignored, forgotten, or both.

I clearly stated my budget. He sent me a pearl lineup that nominally came in just over budget, and I was very happy. I asked to have them shipped out once we'd got the rest of my order fulfilled. A week (and much following up) later, he sent me an invoice for a third again what he'd originally quoted... and when I questioned it, explained that his original quote had been a mistake. Fine, mistakes happen. But no offer to take a look and see what could actually be doable in the budget I'd originally stated? Really!?

Getting information from him was pulling teeth. Each email required several followups to get all of the information I requested - and information was rarely delivered in the timeframe promised.

This is in complete contrast to the last rep I worked with, who has since left the company - she was wonderful. Timely, communicative, attentive. And I knew I could blindly trust her opinion.

I probably should have just asked for a new rep earlier, but I didn't want to wind up starting from square one with a new iteration of the same sort of incompetence. And - this is where the pettiness comes in - I realized that I'm used to being taken seriously. I'm used to getting the "best" service - whether that's because I've got a long relationship with my sales associates, buying history, tenure here on PS, good relationships with a vendor's other clients... How much better would my Pearl Paradise experience have been if I was one of the "regulars"? If I was active on Pearl Guide? I was looking to spend ~$5k, which is probably pittance compared to Serious Buyers' budgets - what if I'd been spending $15k, $25k? I look at some of the pieces PSers have commissioned from Pearl Paradise and I know that the service they received was far better than what I just had - because there's honestly just no way anyone could have worked with my rep on those projects without giving up... I think I just got lucky with my last rep's awesomeness!

.. Sigh. :boohoo:

Last edited:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a petty little vent, but...

I recently tried to buy some pearls from Pearl Paradise.

I chatted in, and the rep who wound up fielding my request was... absolutely exasperating to deal with.

I made clear, detailed requests for multiple strands. My requests were consistently ignored, forgotten, or both.

I clearly stated my budget. He sent me a pearl lineup that nominally came in just over budget, and I was very happy. I asked to have them shipped out once we'd got the rest of my order fulfilled. A week (and much following up) later, he sent me an invoice for a third again what he'd originally quoted... and when I questioned it, explained that his original quote had been a mistake. Fine, mistakes happen. But no offer to take a look and see what could actually be doable in the budget I'd originally stated? Really!?

Getting information from him was pulling teeth. Each email required several followups to get all of the information I requested - and information was rarely delivered in the timeframe promised.

This is in complete contrast to the last rep I worked with, who has since left the company - she was wonderful. Timely, communicative, attentive. And I knew I could blindly trust her opinion.

I probably should have just asked for a new rep earlier, but I didn't want to wind up starting from square one with a new iteration of the same sort of incompetence. And - this is where the pettiness comes in - I realized that I'm used to being taken seriously. I'm used to getting the "best" service - whether that's because I've got a long relationship with my sales associates, buying history, tenure here on PS, good relationships with a vendor's other clients... How much better would my Pearl Paradise experience have been if I was one of the "regulars"? If I was active on Pearl Guide? I was looking to spend ~$5k, which is probably pittance compared to Serious Buyers' budgets - what if I'd been spending $15k, $25k? I look at some of the pieces PSers have commissioned from Pearl Paradise and I know that the service they received was far better than what I just had - because there's honestly just no way anyone could have worked with my rep on those projects without giving up... I think I just got lucky with my last rep's awesomeness!

.. Sigh. :boohoo:

Nothing personal related to you, just PS and it's preferred vendors in general.
But the bolded part made something 'click' in my brain that's been roaming back there for a long, long time.
Thank you.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Even after asking for PS standard goods from a couple of vendors, both times I received much less than that. Sometimes I think it's not worth even mentioning, because one vendor who dealt with my husband over a purchase, made disparaging remarks about the "ladies on PS". My last purchase from PP ended up returned, because the quality was not great. YMMV. I don't consider anything at around $5K to be a little purchase. With good customer service, no order is too small, and most certainly, 5K is a bigger purchase. Not impressed hearing about these tactics.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Life is so freaking unfair at times. When one loses a loved one there is no comfort in words or even actions. Especially when that loved one was still young and should have had more time on this earth. It just sucks. That Billy Joel song comes to mind. Only the good die young. :cry2:

A quick poem from my heart
Life is harsh and dark and short
Loved ones die all for naught
We live a brief time here on earth
Often struggling but keeping our mirth
As best we can because it is all we can do
Loving and laughing in the years too few
Making the most of life that we can
Taking it all the sad and the grand
Facing life together challenges and all
Some struggles so big and others quite small
Supporting each other through life's squall
Being the soft pillow for our loved ones to fall
Making a difference as best we can do
In living the years that are truly too few.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that little light bulb moment thrill you get when you're just cruising around the net "idea shopping" and you come across the perfect thing that you didn't even know existed!

Reactions: AV_

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My new summer dress just arrived. Now the weather just need to warm up so I can wear it.

I just love the cherry print, so retro and a bit cheeky, lol. And pockets!! All dresses and skirts need to come with pockets!

donna-morgan-red-Calling-On-Charm-Cotton-Shirt-Dress.jpeg
10108956_calling_on_charm_cotton_shirt_dress_cherry_ALT04.jpg

This dress is fabulous! :kiss2:
LOVE.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@GlitterInMyHair Love that dress! I make my own clothes and so YES they all have pockets! #pocketsarelife

Another note today: I've gotten the 2B mindset program. I'm looking at starting 100% on Monday. Today I'm watching the videos, and trying to get in the water. I did the math on the water, and broke it down into how many bottles I'm supposed to drink. I've been really scared to start this recently because I've been afraid to fail. I realize how crazy this is, but it's where I've been. Yesterday I came across this post on pinterest:

Don't fear failure. Fear being in the exact same place next year you are today.​

This really resonated with me. So I'm a bit more excited and am working on changing my mindset. I also put that quote as my lock screen wallpaper on my phone to help remind me.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just had to share this because it has been a day, you know the kind.

First, while DH and both kids were working in the yard my four year old said to DH "Dexter just jumped out the window". Dexter is our semi-feral rescue kitten we got last year. DH was kind of dismissive thinking he meant that Dexter was IN the window like always but then he sees the cat running under the deck :eek2: The four of us are on the ground and I'm trying to coax him out with food and treats. Finally he comes close enough where I was able to grab him, unfortunately he was turned away from me and I had to grab and pull him out by his tail. Poor guy, I could have used a stiff drink after that.

As if that wasn't enough there was something else. We went to the neighbors for a cook out and we came home, put the kids in bed and Dh and I are relaxing in the livingroom, all the windows are open, nice breeze and quiet. All of a sudden we hear this man whistling and the dogs start going crazy and it sounds like the whistling man is very close to the windows, you know like horror movie man whistling. My older son also heard him and came out of his room, here I go to see what's going on and the whistling man is at our door so I start screaming and run over to DH and then run back to the window to get a better look and see that it's our neighbor's boyfriend coming to tell us the light in our car was on :wall:

Like I said, it's been a day!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
My new summer dress just arrived. Now the weather just need to warm up so I can wear it.

I just love the cherry print, so retro and a bit cheeky, lol. And pockets!! All dresses and skirts need to come with pockets!

donna-morgan-red-Calling-On-Charm-Cotton-Shirt-Dress.jpeg
10108956_calling_on_charm_cotton_shirt_dress_cherry_ALT04.jpg

Ugh! This is beautiful!
So fresh and bouncy. You'll definetely be the belle of all cookouts!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love ankle bracelets. Why did I stop wearing them? White gold and no diamonds but it still sparkles.

anklebracelet.png
Didn't get a great photo but as PSers we know we like our photos of bling so here is the one photo I have of it from last night.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just had to share this because it has been a day, you know the kind.

First, while DH and both kids were working in the yard my four year old said to DH "Dexter just jumped out the window". Dexter is our semi-feral rescue kitten we got last year. DH was kind of dismissive thinking he meant that Dexter was IN the window like always but then he sees the cat running under the deck :eek2: The four of us are on the ground and I'm trying to coax him out with food and treats. Finally he comes close enough where I was able to grab him, unfortunately he was turned away from me and I had to grab and pull him out by his tail. Poor guy, I could have used a stiff drink after that.

As if that wasn't enough there was something else. We went to the neighbors for a cook out and we came home, put the kids in bed and Dh and I are relaxing in the livingroom, all the windows are open, nice breeze and quiet. All of a sudden we hear this man whistling and the dogs start going crazy and it sounds like the whistling man is very close to the windows, you know like horror movie man whistling. My older son also heard him and came out of his room, here I go to see what's going on and the whistling man is at our door so I start screaming and run over to DH and then run back to the window to get a better look and see that it's our neighbor's boyfriend coming to tell us the light in our car was on :wall:

Like I said, it's been a day!
@StephanieLynn , I have similar story.
Two nights ago, 2 am, we hard a strange banging sound. We jumped up to see our motion detector lights on in the back yard.
we looked out , and there was a strange man under our gazebo!! OMG!!!
So naturally, I banged on the window....and he gave me a sheepish wave. WTF?
DH opened the back door and yelled "Get the F*** out of my yard!
And the guy says "yes sir" and he slowly walks around the house, jumps our fence, and strolls across the street and goes into the neighbors yard.
Meanwhile DH calls the police. They say they have a car in the area, and a minute later the cop car goes by missing the guy entirely because he has now crossed the intersection. We can see all of this from our window.
So the next day we find out that one of our screens had been moved, and there were palm prints on our lower windows. The basement screen door was ajar, but the wooden inner door was locked, thank goodness.
After talking to the neighbors, we find out that he was ringing doorbells and looking in windows up and down the street, like he was lost/delusional/high. Sheesh! Super creepy!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, OMG that is scary as hell! I'm glad it was an okay outcome but geesh I wouldn't be able to sleep for a week after that!!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Get a Ring type doorbell and cameras! We've never had anything happen here before, but it seems more secure now that we can just look at our phones if there is motion detected. I have caught this one squirrel who likes to sit on our front porch railing though!:lol-2:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
238E63EA-E1FF-48CB-875B-A1134BF25B97.jpeg

The ornery curmudgeon finally content in her chancery :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results