shape
carat
color
clarity

Time to get a mattress, what do you recommend and what do you NOT recommend

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock
We are in the market for a new mattress as well. Looking at the Lullbed. I have read great reviews. They have a 100 night trial period. For a Cal King it is $825. Kinda freaks me out that it comes in a box to the house.

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
I love the foam mattress from IKEA ,life time warranty too .

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am still loving my zinus 12" green tea. I'm really shocked lololol. I got it on sale too. Who knew such a cheap mattress would work for me!

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
I am still loving my zinus 12" green tea. I'm really shocked lololol. I got it on sale too. Who knew such a cheap mattress would work for me!
pintoBean
I am intrigued by Zinus memory foam mattress . I was reading reviews in Amazon ,but can you smell the green tea ?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pintoBean
I am intrigued by Zinus memory foam mattress . I was reading reviews in Amazon ,but can you smell the green tea ?
I smell nothing. Lol. And I like it that way.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just bought one in January right before my back surgery. I literally laid on mattresses of all kinds in several stores. I ended up ordering a WinkBed "Firmer" one. I generally liked all the ones that were rock hard that had a little pillow to the top. This one is really nice so far, 4 months in, though I might add a mattress topper so it's slightly squishier. I hate the Temperpedic, I hate feeling like my bed ate me. I also ordered an adjustable base from Amazon, it's actually the same motors as the Leggitt and Platt (same company makes both), and was way cheaper. I think I paid $1100. It was a bitch to assemble, but we got it together. Both are ridiculously heavy.

The #1 thing my surgeon told me before buying anything was "DO NOT BUY A SLEEP NUMBER IF YOU HAVE ANY BACK OR HIP ISSUES" because an air mattress cannot properly keep you in any form of alignment--he said that from a professional standpoint and from hearing what his patients have said. He mentioned Saatva is a good one, and said basically any firmer inner and foam combo is the best option. I considered the Sleep Number, my parents love theirs, but they've had it replaced twice now, both times because mold formed inside one of the chambers. So keep that in mind.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results