shape
carat
color
clarity

An improved HPD Trilogie with 2.18 E-VS1 center

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love Trilogie, but with the current price drop, I could not pass on upgrading my center stone. I replaced the cut to order 2.21 F-SI1 with a 2.18 E-VS1 CBI. The two side CBIs are still .53s F, VS1 and VS2.
There is a very slight difference in tint but my phone is having trouble capturing it.
Size 4.5 ring.

The new AGS report

AGS 104099668017.jpg

Indoors in natural light and off white ceiling.

20190510_105139.jpg

20190510_093540.jpg

Last edited:

chamois

Brilliant_Rock
I love Trilogie, but with the current price drop, I could not pass on upgrading my center stone. I replaced the cut to order 2.21 F-SI1 with a 2.18 E-VS1 CBI. The two side CBIs are still .53s F, VS1 and VS2.
There is a very slight difference in tint but my phone is having trouble capturing it.
Size 4.5 ring.

The new AGS report

AGS 104099668017.jpg

Indoors in natural light and off white ceiling.

20190510_105139.jpg

20190510_093540.jpg

Beautiful. Congratulations :appl:

Do you notice any differences (besides colour and clarity) between your new CBI and your previous CBI?

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your new diamond is amazing. It looks SUPERWHITE (side view looks white as a D to me), and the cut is amazingly bright (I love that photo which shows how much light it throws off).

Wow a 54.2 percent table!!! (That’s the smallest table for a CBI I think I’ve seen)! Was the table size a part of your decision process? If I recall correctly your previous center stone was a 57 percent table (please correct me if I’m wrong).

With this tiny table, do you see any difference in fire between this and your other CBIs? I love it for the visual balance of the table and outer facets (not sure technical terminology) in any case.

This is a stunning piece of art that fits right in with your gorgeous collection. Enjoy your upgrade in good health and thank you so much for sharing the details!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new diamond is amazing. It looks SUPERWHITE (side view looks white as a D to me), and the cut is amazingly bright (I love that photo which shows how much light it throws off).

Wow a 54.2 percent table!!! (That’s the smallest table for a CBI I think I’ve seen)! Was the table size a part of your decision process? If I recall correctly your previous center stone was a 57 percent table (please correct me if I’m wrong).

With this tiny table, do you see any difference in fire between this and your other CBIs? I love it for the visual balance of the table and outer facets (not sure technical terminology) in any case.

This is a stunning piece of art that fits right in with your gorgeous collection. Enjoy your upgrade in good health and thank you so much for sharing the details!
The old diamond had a 55.7% table. I was not looking for a 54.2% table, but rather a diamond that was E-VS1 for mind clean reasons and one that could be set in my existing mouting. Normally anything within .20mm will work, but the new diamond was within .01mm even though it is .03 ct lighter.

As far as fire goes, @John Pollard has told me in the past that table size in CBI does not impact performance because all 57 facets are tuned to each other. Perhaps he can explain it again since it seems that there are some PSers who think that smaller tables mean more fire?

But I will say that the photo that I posted above is alive with fire.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The old diamond had a 55.7% table. I was not looking for a 54.2% table, but rather a diamond that was E-VS1 for mind clean reasons and one that could be set in my existing mouting. Normally anything within .20mm will work, but the new diamond was within .01mm even though it is .03 ct lighter.

As far as fire goes, @John Pollard has told me in the past that table size in CBI does not impact performance because all 57 facets are tuned to each other. Perhaps he can explain it again since it seems that there are some PSers who think that smaller tables mean more fire?

But I will say that the photo that I posted above is alive with fire.

Looking at the ring face on, I really cannot see a difference in the table size although it is smaller. It may produce more fire but the smaller table still looks very balanced to the stone - and I consider that a good thing!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking at the ring face on, I really cannot see a difference in the table size although it is smaller. It may produce more fire but the smaller table still looks very balanced to the stone - and I consider that a good thing!
The differences between 54.2 and 55.7% are very small. Here is a graphic showing a vareity of table percentages

20190510_175932.jpg

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
20190510_232732.jpg

Hubby said that he took this photo with his Canon DSLR camera with the aperture of his lens set to f22 to closely mimic the human eye.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Outdoors in the shade

20190510_111508.jpg

20190510_111432.jpg

Delicious upgrade.:kiss2: I love how swoopy this ring is (that profile is TDF gorgeous) and the new center with such a big beautiful bright white diamond brings the ring from stunning to spectacular @cflutist :appl: Enjoy your amazbling 3 stone in health and blingy happiness.:love:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your Trilogie is just perfection and looks drop dead gorgeous on your hand! Enjoy that light show! :clap:

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
Just when I thought your old ring was pure perfection, you improved it!! The picture on the woodwind oil bottle is one of the best I've seen capturing the amazing light show of a CBI. Your ring is mesmerizing and magnificent!! I hope you enjoy it in the best of health and happiness for many years to come! :appl:

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your new stone is ICY ICY white! :love::love::love: I see the difference in color between the center E and the side Fs, even though the difference is very slight. The bottle cap photo is spectacular!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
20190510_232732.jpg

Hubby said that he took this photo with his Canon DSLR camera with the aperture of his lens set to f22 to closely mimic the human eye.
No words are needed. My "OK now I can die happy" face: :eek2:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cf
WOW! ....Beautiful ring !:love: . my dream proportions, small table with a high crown.:love: :love:. a big congrats! :clap::clap:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Perfect.

cheers--Sharon

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
I can see the E color immediately, the crisp whiteness. Now that's gorgeous!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love:Geez!! That's GORGEOUS!! Makes me want a 3 stone ring asap!
Enjoy it!!:wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous. Congratulations.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LinSF

I have been trying all day to get a photo that shows the slight difference in tint between the 2.18 E-VS1 CBI in Trilogie and my 2.79 F-VS1 CBI in Symphonie .
This is the best I could do.

20190511_134541.jpg

If I got my 2.31 Q-VVS2 CBI out, this would have been easy :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cf
Can you see any differences in fire b/t the smaller 54.2% table vs your 2.79ct with a 56% table?

AV_

Ideal_Rock
If I got my 2.31 Q-VVS2 CBI out, this would have been easy

Easy for you to say ,)

It is impossible to see light yellows cut this precisely & for contrast - these things hardly exist.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results