shape
carat
color
clarity

Who wants to see my haul from today?

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
But for $250! Gee @StephanieLynn , the lady doth protest too much, methinks!
Are you turning into one of those "fussy" PSers? :lol::lol:
But really, it's gorgeous! A great find!
And you are the best jewelry huntress!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am a brat right @stracci2000?!

The ONLY bit of me that is upset is because I specifically bought this to use in another setting. Mr. Jeweler feels that if the diamond is hit just right on one of these chips it will get worse so the resetting idea I had might be off the table. I might just sell it (with the chips disclosed) because in this setting it doesn't look bad on the hand but you know I need another one of these rings like another 10lbs LOL!

So did you find anything else at Goodwill? I am so quite amazed you found that ring there because I really thought all their diamond stuff ended up online in the auctions.

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@natasha-cupcake I hear you on reigning yourself in, although it doesn't seem that way with me lol! Actually this ring I got specifically for the diamond to use to restore my platinum set to original otherwise I'm not really looking unless a cute band pops up for an amazing price.

I keep thinking that I need to email you and then I get pulled in another direction, we are doing some major backyard renovations so hopefully when that is done we can meet up again.

Now you have my attention about your larger projects......is it something you can share here or would you rather over coffee?
I've been all over the place with my larger projects, mostly because I have to reconcile my wants to fit my budget. I basically want to come to a resolution about my OEC (lower the price to sell outright vs working out a trade-in vs re-cutting), I'd love a pair of 4.5 to 5mm studs and I have at least three different colored stone ring ideas I'd love to execute. I probably can only afford to do one or two of these projects, at best. So yeah, hashing it out over coffee would be awesome!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey girls! :mrgreen2:
Its been so long so I'm not sure if you ladies remembered, but, I had the diamond taken out of my vintage gold ring (it was much too small and I dreamed of a modern signet) and had this ring made! It fits my index finger and middle but it oddly looks great on my thumb; which ive never found a ring that does.

Its a gypsy set diamond with a little oxidized sun around it; I'd like to call it my "Mini Signet".

Something about this ring just "feels right". It feels like it will bring me luck and it sort of reminds me of an eye which has a wide variety of meanings and symbolism throughout different cultures dating thousands of years back.

I truly wanted a brushed sterling silver signet-type ring with a diamond that I could wear 24/7. Even in the shower, even while gardening if i wanted to. This might sound crazy but as long as I've owned jewelry I've always taken them off when showering or getting wet. Ive babied my pieces my whole life but I wanted something substantial that would look interesting with the marks that come with age when worn all the time.

I also envisioned my loved ones remembering me always wearing this ring in my twenties. Just my odd sentimentality I guess. It reminds me of the time that I bought perfume that smelled exactly like fresh growing lilacs, just for my children while they're little, as I want them to remember their mother smelling as so; so when I eventually leave this earth the scent of lilacs brings them back to me and they can remember all of the beautiful moments that we shared when they were tiny.

Btw @stracci2000 & @StephanieLynn , I've loved lurking on this thread, oogling both of your lovely finds! My momma raised me with the thrill of the hunt so I find searching for a great deal on antique or vintage pieces much more fulfilling than purchasing a newly made ring. Please never stop posting your finds ladies!!!!

Without further adieu..... Heres my mini-signet girl! :kiss2:
20190418_180704.jpg 20190418_180639.jpg 20190418_180701.jpg 20190418_180617.jpg 20190418_180658.jpg
Are you wearing the ring everyday, and loving it?
I was looking at this ring again, and really loving the proportions, brushed finish and presence. It might be an inspiration piece for my next project! I have some small star sapphires I just acquired........;)2

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
Stopped by an estate sale today and picked up a Lisner bracelet, circa 1950s. Decided it would make a nice gift for mothers day!
20190427_110841.jpg

20190427_123704.jpg
There was also a huge painting of Jenny Lind that was framed with a plaque and everything. If I had all the space in the world....I would've brought it home.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
I have some more finds to share :) I went to an antique fair yesterday and although I didnt find any brooches I liked, I did find some other things.

20190429_163632.jpg
These two were actually from the estate sale. A royal albert tea cup concerto series from the 1960s on the right, and a Norstock fine bone china cup on the left. I couldnt find much information on this one. It does say made in England though.

20190429_163714.jpg
A jewelry dish, maybe? I like horses and dogs so this was a no brainer, even with a small chip on the side. The two teacups and this dish were only $3 total.

20190429_163548.jpg
Avon Bassett hound cologne bottle from 1970s, made from dark amber glass and plastic, still filled!
20190429_164801.jpg
Also found this tiny cat pin for $1.50.
20190428_153846.jpg
I was super tempted by this moonstone ring from 1940s, but sadly the vendor only accepted cash and I only had half the amount. It was very lovely and delicate though!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Rubymal, you found some great things there, in pretty sure I had that bassett hound at some point too!

Let's just talk about that moonstone ring though :love: Will you go back and get it you think? I bet it's British origin being 9K.

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
@Rubymal, you found some great things there, in pretty sure I had that bassett hound at some point too!

Let's just talk about that moonstone ring though :love: Will you go back and get it you think? I bet it's British origin being 9K.

Ahh, probably not :( that faire only happens once a year and I didn't get the name of the vendor. The woman said she had purchased it from someone on the east coast but that was all the info she had. I just found out the there is another antique fair that happens monthly just across the bridge from me, so I may just go check that out!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have some more finds to share :) I went to an antique fair yesterday and although I didnt find any brooches I liked, I did find some other things.

20190429_163632.jpg
These two were actually from the estate sale. A royal albert tea cup concerto series from the 1960s on the right, and a Norstock fine bone china cup on the left. I couldnt find much information on this one. It does say made in England though.

20190429_163714.jpg
A jewelry dish, maybe? I like horses and dogs so this was a no brainer, even with a small chip on the side. The two teacups and this dish were only $3 total.

20190429_163548.jpg
Avon Bassett hound cologne bottle from 1970s, made from dark amber glass and plastic, still filled!
20190429_164801.jpg
Also found this tiny cat pin for $1.50.
20190428_153846.jpg
I was super tempted by this moonstone ring from 1940s, but sadly the vendor only accepted cash and I only had half the amount. It was very lovely and delicate though!
Fun finds, Rubymal!
I love the moonstone ring, too.
The purple dish is gorgeous!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look at this odd pin! It's an abacus...so interesting.
No marks other than "Sterling" on the back.
From Goodwill, $6.99. How could I leave it there?
IMG_20190429_195309.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I'm sure you'll find some more treasure soon @Rubymal, you really have a great eye.

@stracci2000 what is with you finding these awesome Goodwill finds lately? $7 for that pin is a steal, never saw anything like it.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I'm sure you'll find some more treasure soon @Rubymal, you really have a great eye.

@stracci2000 what is with you finding these awesome Goodwill finds lately? $7 for that pin is a steal, never saw anything like it.
I bought it the same day I got the little diamond band. There was some interesting jewelry at that particular Goodwill. It's in a bad part of town. They wanted to hold my driver's license while they showed me jewelry out of the case! Like I was gonna run out with the abacus pin, sheeesh!:lol:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey all,

Cheers day, here is what I found:

Timex Mickey Mouse wind watch

Large pink and clear rhinestone brooch from the Jacqueline Kennedy collection

Sterling Amber necklace and bracelet set

Native American head pin

Pewter Winnie the Pooh necklace

3 petit pointe cloisonné trinket boxes (I think I actually squealed with delight when I spotted these :kiss2:

IMG_4348.JPG IMG_4349.JPG IMG_4350.JPG IMG_4351.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4352.JPG
    IMG_4352.JPG
    356.9 KB · Views: 29

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
Hey all,

Native American head pin

3 petit pointe cloisonné trinket boxes (I think I actually squealed with delight when I spotted these :kiss2:

Those trinket boxes are so pretty!!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey all,

Native American head pin

I love all these things!
That pink and crystal pin is superb!
And the amber ...weeee! Now I'm squealing!:lol:

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
Ok, so I couldn't get over the little moonstone thing so I ended up purchasing one off of etsy that arrived super lightning fast! I am absolutely in love with this and dont feel as bad anymore about not getting the one at the faire.
20190430_164013.jpg
20190430_163950.jpg
No hallmarks or stamps though, it's a bit of a tiny mystery ring :)

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, so I couldn't get over the little moonstone thing so I ended up purchasing one off of etsy that arrived super lightning fast! I am absolutely in love with this and dont feel as bad anymore about not getting the one at the faire.
20190430_164013.jpg
20190430_163950.jpg
No hallmarks or stamps though, it's a bit of a tiny mystery ring :)
I love this moonstone ring! It is just as beautiful as the gold one.
I'm glad you found another one to love!
This is something I would do. It's like jewelry rebound!
I see some fabulous thing on Ebay that I lose to a higher bidder, or maybe I see something at a pawn shop that is way overpriced, or something on RubyLane that I'll never be able to afford.
And I become obsessed.
So I go on the hunt for a similar thing that is affordable. You gotta scratch that itch!

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
I love this moonstone ring! It is just as beautiful as the gold one.
I'm glad you found another one to love!
This is something I would do. It's like jewelry rebound!
I see some fabulous thing on Ebay that I lose to a higher bidder, or maybe I see something at a pawn shop that is way overpriced, or something on RubyLane that I'll never be able to afford.
And I become obsessed.
So I go on the hunt for a similar thing that is affordable. You gotta scratch that itch!
Haha, yes!! That is exactly what happened. Jewelry rebound is totally the right word to describe it. The gold one at the faire was a bit more than what I wanted to spend on a spur of the moment purchase for something I didnt know I needed ;-) this one off of Etsy was less than half the price! Granted, I know it's not 9k gold and the material/value is different, but at the end of the day, if it's pretty and makes me just as happy then it's a bargain!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look at this odd pin! It's an abacus...so interesting.
No marks other than "Sterling" on the back.
From Goodwill, $6.99. How could I leave it there?
IMG_20190429_195309.jpg
I bought a yellow gold abacus for my charm bracelet in Singapore. Love the detail and the tiny eads. Great find!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought a yellow gold abacus for my charm bracelet in Singapore. Love the detail and the tiny eads. Great find!
A gold one! Sounds pretty! Do you have a photo?
This one is missing two beads. But considering it's vintage, I won't fret!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I still have not figured out how to take photos and get them on PS. I have asked my teens and they just roll their eyes. One day.....The charm is less than an inch wide and I bought it over 20-30 years ago. It represents my poor (nonexistant) math skills. I think it is 18K. It did not cost much back then.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lambskin, the only way I'm able to get pictures on PS is from my phone otherwise I would be totally lost! Granted pictures with an actual camera would be so much better but that's too much effort!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I still have not figured out how to take photos and get them on PS. I have asked my teens and they just roll their eyes. One day.....The charm is less than an inch wide and I bought it over 20-30 years ago. It represents my poor (nonexistant) math skills. I think it is 18K. It did not cost much back then.
Do you mean photos from your phone or photos from a digital camera?

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Either.:oops:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Using your cell phone is the easiest way.
After typing a comment, tap "upload a file".
This takes you to your phone's storage. Then tap
"documents" and then "gallery". (Some phones might take you straight to "gallery")
Then you should be able to choose a photo from your gallery. Tap the photo and it will add your photo to the post, where the curser is. It will take a few seconds to load into the page. Then hit "post reply".
If you don't want the photo, you can backspace and remove it, before tapping "post reply". It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it
Good luck!

Attachments

• IMG_20190430_102712461.jpg
    IMG_20190430_102712461.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 53

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found a blue one! It's coming from Australia so it might take a bit.

IMG_4421.jpg
Dang, Steph!
I can't keep up with you!
It's awesome! You need to grow more fingers now......:lol-2::P2

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dang, Steph!
I can't keep up with you!
It's awesome! You need to grow more fingers now......:lol-2::P2

It was $200 all in with shipping and tax plus I sold a piece of jewelry this week for $300 so it's kind of a wash lol!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results