shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you buy this? (OMC 3 stone)

JmeeMrie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Would you buy this? and if you did what would you pay?
Description as a 10k mine cut ring with a broken prong. Center diamond approx 4.2mm and sides are 3.5mm
I would clean them up and likely just save up for a reset, as I am not sure much could be done with this setting.
front view omc.JPG fv2 OMC.JPG side OMC.JPG profile OMC.JPG

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't buy it. Those stones look like they are of pretty bad quality and the setting itself is likely scrap.

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
The Diamonds aren’t very big, and quality doesn’t wow me. I’d pass

JmeeMrie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks guys, it's fairly cheap on an auction website and I was thinking they're pretty disgustingly dirty so they might have potential.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, it would not work for me. Stones may or may not be clean and they're too small.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope. The stones look like poor quality.

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They just look INCREDIBLY dirty to me. I can see the dirt and grunge on them.... i kinda think after some serious cleaning they'd be worth it if it's a good price and as long as you're not looking for amazing quality, just some fun stones. I LIKE the quirky character of older stones though.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm, I don’t know that I would really spend any money on it, really. I feel like it might be too risky given the chips in the girdles, which may pose a problem if/when you do decide to reset them. There’s no telling what other damage may be hidden under one of those prongs, considering how little it’s been cared for.

Unless it was something really low/crazy like <$100, I don’t think I’d put money into it; rather, I’d just save up for diamonds in better/known condition, or maybe hunt & peck for onesie/twosies on ebay or elsewhere and buy them as funds allow. The hunt is part of the fun; it may take you longer, but you’ll have more time to save for better diamonds and setting that way. Just my $0.02. :wavey:

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Probably not worth the cost of having them reset, but as a trinket, for a low price, sure. They're dirty so there may be some hope, but if they stay that dark even after cleaning it would be disappointing.
If you decide *not* to buy it, maybe share a link? Everyone likes to look.

Lovesparklesparle

Shiny_Rock
Depends on the price. If it was dirt cheap I would take a gamble. If not, I would pass. They do look dirty but a clean won’t neccessarily make them what you hope for (it may, but it’s a risk you should be prepared for). I purchased a 5k 1.2ct oec ring from a pawn shop convinced it was just dirty and it was my dream ring. Turns out it was filthy, but it also had a giant cloud under the table and leakage through the majority of table facets which was causing its dullness- not the grime.

I would probably pay between $100-200 because it’s interesting.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I would maybe take a gamble for under $200. Above that, not really.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it’s cute. I’d pay 200 dollars tops but my bench would probable charge me 10 dollars to repair one prong tho chances are it will need to be completely repronged

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How much is it

JmeeMrie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
When I posted originally it was around 240 but now the bids are at 350+ at which point I didn't want to take a gamble.
I'm always hoping to find something cool and have no old cuts. One of these days maybe I'll find some, but for now my jewelry budget has to be channeled into my wedding band so I don't have a bunch of money to spend on the old cuts I'd love to have.

JmeeMrie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for your opinions.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Would you buy this? and if you did what would you pay?
Description as a 10k mine cut ring with a broken prong. Center diamond approx 4.2mm and sides are 3.5mm
I would clean them up and likely just save up for a reset, as I am not sure much could be done with this setting.
front view omc.JPG fv2 OMC.JPG side OMC.JPG profile OMC.JPG

Just for the record, I’ve bought many old cuts on eBay and these look really nice. They are just dirty as sin.

JmeeMrie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I just saw it ended it went for 543$

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results