shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond inclusions

FearlessSmile

Rough_Rock
Would diamond inclusions such as SI1 twining wisps if they were detrimental be obvious on ASET/ideal scope? Thanks

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
No
Sometimes they can make the stone cloudy or produce scatter(like a snow globe under bright lighting) neither will show up on an ASET/IS image.

FearlessSmile

Rough_Rock
B2683B37-B5D9-4C82-A087-05D0C12166AD.png FA1CE90B-7248-4C71-9320-5966B29F573C.jpeg BAEAA42F-FD70-4FC8-932D-B0435AFA22E8.jpeg
No
Sometimes they can make the stone cloudy or produce scatter(like a snow globe under bright lighting) neither will show up on an ASET/IS image.

Thanks Karl, the only reason I ask is I’ve ordered an ACA twining wisps plotted above. I know it’s hard to view via pic or video but does anyone think it impacts this diamond? (I’ve not noticed but I’m no expert)

Thank you :)

FearlessSmile

Rough_Rock
If it's an ACA, you can be confident is among the best of the best . I wouldn't worry at all

Thank you just paranoid with it having 6 twining wisps plotted and being SI1 (although the seem spread out), just wondered if there was any obvious detriment to the performance in the above pic/videos? It’s 0.71 carat if that makes a difference. Thanks :)

Last edited:

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
If it's an ACA, you can be confident is among the best of the best . I wouldn't worry at all
I agree 100%. I don't think it would have been accepted as an ACA if the light performance was affected by the wisps. You're talking super-ideal stones in that line.

FearlessSmile

Rough_Rock
Can anyone confirm from the above pics/videos the twining wisps or other inclusions aren’t effecting the stone at all? Thank you :)

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
Can anyone confirm from the above pics/videos the twining wisps or other inclusions aren’t effecting the stone at all? Thank you :)

The best way to do that is with eyes in real life ... I hope you ask your WF rep this question. :wink2:

ETA: Sorry I see you have already ordered .... I am with the others - it’s an ACA ... it’s unlikely any effect is overly detrimental, if there is an effect at all. I hope you love it!

Last edited:

FearlessSmile

Rough_Rock
The best way to do that is with eyes in real life ... I hope you ask your WF rep this question. :wink2:
Thanks I did ask them and they said it had no effect, I’m not sure what I’m looking for with my eyes apparently a scattering effect like a snow globe but I’m not sure what that would look like?

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks I did ask them and they said it had no effect, I’m not sure what I’m looking for with my eyes apparently a scattering effect like a snow globe but I’m not sure what that would look like?
SuperIdeals usually go dark in direct sunlight, as per the other thread that's been running this past week.

When inclusions scatter light, the stone can light up and look very white, like when snow obliterates your view when driving at night with your main beam on, or when it's foggy and the sun coming through it makes it bright but still opaque.

IMHO many 'maul' store stones have this effect - in that they look white from all the inclusions but they have no sparkle because the light can't get through them and bounce back to your eyes.

If you can't see any negative effect on your ACA with your own eyes, I think you have nothing to worry about ;-) :)

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock

When is your diamond supposed to arrive? I can’t wait until you see it! I’m looking forward to seeing the end of your worries.

I was out and about with my ACA over the weekend, and I love it more all the time! I hope you feel the same way about yours! They are really something special :kiss2:

FearlessSmile

Rough_Rock
When is your diamond supposed to arrive? I can’t wait until you see it! I’m looking forward to seeing the end of your worries.

I was out and about with my ACA over the weekend, and I love it more all the time! I hope you feel the same way about yours! They are really something special :kiss2:

Thanks for the explanation @OoohShiny :) it is already here the one in the video and pics above.

I was just worried as there are 6 twining wisps as plotted and “additional twining wisps not shown” SI1 clarity. Apparently wisps are quite bad for slight included diamonds and below?

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the explanation @OoohShiny :) it is already here the one in the video and pics above.

I was just worried as there are 6 twining wisps as plotted and “additional twining wisps not shown” SI1 clarity. Apparently wisps are quite bad for slight included diamonds and below?

When they put something in the comments, it means that they saw more stuff but not enough to affect the clarity grade. I understand that wisps are some of the best inclusions because they are white and can be extremely hard to see. Have you looked at it under a loupe or microscope? lol I’m not sure if that would make you feel better or worse .... how does it look to you? Have you taken pictures and looked at them enlarged? With diamonds, it’s all about being mind-clean ... it’s about you being good with inclusions, knowing that they are there, assuming the diamond is eye-clean. You have an SI1 diamond, so you’re gonna have to make your mind ok with that or upgrade ... I bet your eyes are already ok with it, haha.

FearlessSmile

Rough_Rock
FADB62F6-3445-4509-A0FC-3350F9F86672.png 999062C4-213D-4D7A-B941-7882F7E3707A.jpeg 18F38DA3-BDCB-4EAF-9A91-FD72ADD6568F.jpeg
Lol thanks yes I believe so! I just read somewhere they can greatly effect the brilliance of the diamond. Yes I’ve taken some close up pics.

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
Lol thanks yes I believe so! I just read somewhere they can greatly effect the brilliance of the diamond. Yes I’ve taken some close up pics.

You know ... It looks really beautiful to me!!! It looks plenty brilliant and bright and beautiful! ETA I love the high F color too! A gorgeous diamond you have there!

I think you should stop thinking about these wisps now :wink2:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As others have stated, and I'll repeat, it would not have made the ACA line if the twinning wisp were affecting the stone.

FearlessSmile

Rough_Rock
@kmoro @tyty333 @OoohShiny thank you I really appreciate your advice. I think I’m my own worst enemy worrying for no reason!

@kmoro haha thanks :) I probably could of gone for a lower colour after reading more on here but it fell within my budget :) you’re totally right I need to stop worrying and being stupid! Lol

I think it being such a big important purchase just making me paranoid. I even emailed my appraiser Asking about hazy/cloudy/scattering of light and she said no nothing like that all normal and stable :)

Thank you again for the help. =)2

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
@kmoro @tyty333 @OoohShiny thank you I really appreciate your advice. I think I’m my own worst enemy worrying for no reason!

@kmoro haha thanks :) I probably could of gone for a lower colour after reading more on here but it fell within my budget :) you’re totally right I need to stop worrying and being stupid! Lol

I think it being such a big important purchase just making me paranoid. I even emailed my appraiser Asking about hazy/cloudy/scattering of light and she said no nothing like that all normal and stable :)

Thank you again for the help. =)2

Not being stupid ... I get it ... the nice thing is that if you ever change your mind about the diamond, you can always use the upgrade policy to change it.

I think it’s gorgeous! :love:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No worries...we get it. Its a big purchase for someone special and you want it to be perfect. You've picked a branded Super Ideal AGS000 H&A
so you're way ahead of the game!

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just to note, 6 twinning twists on an SI1 isn't worse compared to x1 line in an SI1. In fact, they are usually better.

It usually means there are several smaller eyeclean inclusions that collectively add up to give an SI1 grade, rather than 1 large visible inclusion being the culprit.

Therefore perhaps counterintuitively, a busy plot can mean a cleaner diamond to the naked eye.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results