shape
carat
color
clarity

Mona (Instagram: moissy_diamond_jewelry) formerly fr. Starsgem

poppins

Rough_Rock
Here are my updated CADs for earrings that I have now approved. Communication with Mona is easy. IMG-20190413-WA0000.jpg

pierrotlunette

Shiny_Rock
Here are my updated CADs for earrings that I have now approved. Communication with Mona is easy. IMG-20190413-WA0000.jpg
Those look really nice! What kinds of backs will she use?

pierrotlunette

Shiny_Rock
Hi, folks! May I have some CAD reading help? I'm trying to figure out if this will be strong/substantial enough: 20190413_081959.jpg

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, folks! May I have some CAD reading help? I'm trying to figure out if this will be strong/substantial enough: 20190413_081959.jpg
Oh my gosh, you’re my ring size!

To me it looks substantial. I can’t wait to see how it looks; I was thinking about getting one of these but got distracted with a bunch of different projects. :lol:

poppins

Rough_Rock
I think it looks fine in height, my wedding band has a height of 1.7 mm. I don't think the width is troublesome either. Said without being a CAD-expert or having a bigger eternity to compare with. I have a band with 5-pointers that is thinner and was assured by the jeweler that it would hold up for Daily wear, if that helps.

pierrotlunette

Shiny_Rock
Thank you ! Oh, I don't know what backings... I will ask her! Yes, now they look the way I envisioned.
One thing re: backings: she didn't know the English word for it at first, so I explained it and asked what type they use (and then gave examples of different kinds). She latched onto "screw backs," so she may tell you that's what they use, but they don't. The ones I received had poucette-style backs that feel secure and fit tightly - they're very nice! But if she says screw backs, just know that it's all my fault.:lol-2:

poppins

Rough_Rock

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Besides whatsup, is there another way to contact her? Does she have a website to showcase her listings?

cressyrose

Rough_Rock
Calling everyone who wants to purchase 6.5mm GH OECs from Mona!

I asked Mona about making a 6.5mm GH OEC, and she said it was possible but more expensive than normal (at $75). She also said it would be possible to get a discount if the quantity was larger. So I was wondering if anyone else wanted to order the same :kiss2:

Let me know!!

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock

I asked Mona about making a 6.5mm GH OEC, and she said it was possible but more expensive than normal (at $75). She also said it would be possible to get a discount if the quantity was larger. So I was wondering if anyone else wanted to order the same :kiss2:

Let me know!!
If I hadn’t bought my OMC from Starsgem, I would have added myself to that list :(sad

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock

Let me know!!
I would be interested in a 6mm or 6.5mm:)

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
Okay. Please contact her and let her know that Rosie told you about her offer! I'll let her know that someone will be coming her way soon :mrgreen2:
Ok, I contacted her via WhatsApp and mentioned your name :)

Now just waiting for a quote from her. If the price is good, I may order a pair for earrings.

tevyk

Rough_Rock
I asked Mona to send me videos of the OMC. I'm thinking about getting a ring using this shape since I have bunch of rounds already.
IMG_20190411_093149.jpg

(note: these are screenshots of the videos since I'm not computer savvy and don't know how to upload vids here)

I only hesitate because I know she can't source GH color unless the stone is large enough or if enough people order. Right now I just want a 6.0mm, which I know is pretty small (at least for the majority of PS). Now I just need to figure out a design that looks nice and not look like an engagement ring...

Hah! Those may be my stones :) Mona is just finishing up a set of earrings for me (for my wife)

I've been calling it 'square antique cushion with a small culet', but 'square ACC' and 'OMC' seem to be essentially the same thing? (Please correct and educate me if I'm wrong). Mine are 5.25mm GH (~.75 - .85 DEW)

I had a heck of a time getting pictures during the process -- I only got one video of the stones, and then finally some post-setting pics with terrible lighting: https://imgur.com/a/851abxg

Couldn't get any unmounted pictures despite many requests; oh well I'll just have to wait and check them out in person.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
@tevyk Lol, those are probably your stones she sent me a photo of! :lol: ACC and OMC are the same. I just like to use OMC for the square antique cushion because a lot of people on the boards keep saying ACC for the elongated cushion, and I don’t want anyone to think I’m getting that particular shape. I actually did end up getting the square, but through Starsgem. I was worried I wouldn’t be able to get a GH color from Mona, but it looks like you did!

baileydare16

Shiny_Rock
Oh my god I am in love!!! Mona just sent me a picture and video of my ACC. I sent her inspiration pictures of the August vintage cushions with medium sized culets and I think she nailed it. It’s drop dead gorgeous and now I can’t wait to see the finished ring. I am SO EXCITED!!!
4B915F32-7D63-4DF1-AAFB-4D4EA84C08CD.jpeg

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my god I am in love!!! Mona just sent me a picture and video of my ACC. I sent her inspiration pictures of the August vintage cushions with medium sized culets and I think she nailed it. It’s drop dead gorgeous and now I can’t wait to see the finished ring. I am SO EXCITED!!!

She definitely nailed it. I can’t wait to see your ring!!!

jrzgrl1119

Shiny_Rock

Beautiful! What size is your stone?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results