shape
carat
color
clarity

should I leave in this setting or go for delicate 8 prong?

Luvallgems

Brilliant_Rock
FC1430CC-025F-46E1-8DCD-43A35DCD50E3.jpeg 7522BE74-828C-4AEF-9ABC-5D7FE543F41E.jpeg 998D5097-8996-45F9-B517-819A76A901BD.jpeg 89A177F4-3224-4D1D-9AEA-BD99A4BF7E84.jpeg 3E1CBBDC-0E69-4FE9-8CB4-0683E59A9ED1.jpeg ACFCC0F5-80A3-4B5E-A91B-76266CB6ED89.jpeg Last time I’m going to try to photograph my ER....debating if I should go for 8 prong delicate setting from LAD or leave it
alone. I’ve got thick skin, tell me the truth.
Thanks

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
In my opinion, it's a nice antique-ish, art deco-ish setting. However, it wouldn't be my preference (too "chunky") and wouldn't look good on my hand. So I, personally, would prefer the more delicate setting. But I think it really is just personal preference so I'd ask you if you like it and how you think it looks on your hand.

Luvallgems

Brilliant_Rock
In my opinion, it's a nice antique-ish, art deco-ish setting. However, it wouldn't be my preference (too "chunky") and wouldn't look good on my hand. So I, personally, would prefer the more delicate setting. But I think it really is just personal preference so I'd ask you if you like it and how you think it looks on your hand.
I don’t wear it very often, I do like it , (when I bought it 18 years ago, that was all the rage). I think I would enjoy it more if I could stack!

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think it's lovely as it is.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't change a thing. In fact, I've been toying with resetting, and this is the style I'm leaning toward.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is a lovely setting if it is what you want. I also think the diamond will stand out more in a simpler setting. It does come down to what appeals to you.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a matter of personal taste. I love very delicate settings. For this reason, I have one. The only think I think you “should” do is follow your heart.

Luvallgems

Brilliant_Rock
This is a matter of personal taste. I love very delicate settings. For this reason, I have one. The only think I think you “should” do is follow your heart.
I know, the things I like about the present band 1) no spinning 2) very
secure prongs. I can always change back to original setting if I dislike
the more delicate one. The thing I dislike about the present setting...it’s
so heavy.

tigertales

Shiny_Rock
Get that out of there!!!
:razz:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really enjoy the setting it is in but, of course, if you don’t wear it then you should definitely change it! Very pretty :)

ETA what size stone is it? Would you have the impact you desire in a solitaire?

Luvallgems

Brilliant_Rock

Luvallgems

Brilliant_Rock
I really enjoy the setting it is in but, of course, if you don’t wear it then you should definitely change it! Very pretty :)

ETA what size stone is it? Would you have the impact you desire in a solitaire?
I don’t have all the stats handy.. bought 18 years ago, measured 8.5mm
In the very enclosed setting.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t have all the stats handy.. bought 18 years ago, measured 8.5mm
In the very enclosed setting.

Oh that’s a really nice size for a solitaire. I think you should do it then! Especially if you’ll wear it more. I hate pieces sitting unworn.
If you happen to want re- home the setting I have an 8.5mm loose stone I am looking to set. :mrgreen2:

Luvallgems

Brilliant_Rock
Oh that’s a really nice size for a solitaire. I think you should do it then! Especially if you’ll wear it more. I hate pieces sitting unworn.
If you happen to want re- home the setting I have an 8.5mm loose stone I am looking to set. :mrgreen2:
Will Let you know how it turns out.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the setting but given the fact that 1. you don't wear the ring very often and 2. you find the setting "heavy" I think you should reset. And save that setting for future use just in case. I think it's a beautiful setting but not for you or your diamond. Perhaps at a later date you can enjoy a colored gemstone in the setting. There is no right or wrong it's up to your personal preference and any setting that makes you want to wear and enjoy the diamond more is the right decision. Good luck.

Luvallgems

Brilliant_Rock
I love the setting but given the fact that 1. you don't wear the ring very often and 2. you find the setting "heavy" I think you should reset. And save that setting for future use just in case. I think it's a beautiful setting but not for you or your diamond. Perhaps at a later date you can enjoy a colored gemstone in the setting. There is no right or wrong it's up to your personal preference and any setting that makes you want to wear and enjoy the diamond more is the right decision. Good luck.
Missy, I appreciate your opinion. You are right, it would be worn more
in a smaller setting ( it does have a dinner ringish feel), probably the reason
I don’t wear very often. The ring has blue sapphire accents, a colored
stone is a very good idea.:))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I appreciate your opinion. You are right, it would be worn more
in a smaller setting ( it does have a dinner ringish feel), probably the reason
I don’t wear very often. The ring has blue sapphire accents, a colored
stone is a very good idea.:))

I don't wear everything I have but wish I could/would so I get it. Some bling is meant to be appreciated even if not worn a lot so PPW does not always apply but in most cases we get more enjoyment from a piece if we can wear it and love it that way. And I get the feeling from your posts that you would enjoy this ring more in another setting. More delicate yet still substantial and protective of the beautiful stone.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd reset it :) it looks like a cocktail ring, which is great, but I think the diamond will speak more to me if it were reset.. :)

Luvallgems

Brilliant_Rock
I'd reset it :) it looks like a cocktail ring, which is great, but I think the diamond will speak more to me if it were reset.. :)
I agree, thanks!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the setting but - for me - it would be too much/big for an e-ring. But I agree it’d make a FAB RHR with a colored stone in place of the diamond! :twisted2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results