shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s! Happy Easter or Happy Sunday whichever you prefer.

This will teach me to not read the posts and reply for several days.

AV, smart to know whether you’d want a party at your house. I am totally OCD about messes and have to suppress those tendencies when we have people over. I totally cracked up when we Christmas at my house this year my sister “announced” to the room to use coasters and plates for snacks. Sorry to hear about your food poisoning; I am glad you are doing better. That is not fun. Enjoying catching up with your friend.

Callie, I hope the earrings get here on the 30th; that would be best case scenario. They upgraded my pendant to overnight so maybe they will do the same for my earrings. That would be an impressive diamond if you can spot it in a crowd on TV. Something like Liz Taylor’s 68 carat pear diamond. Congratulations on your new niece.

Scandi, you certainly are busy in Crazy Town - we aren’t as busy but definitely can be part of Crazy Town. I sure wish my Neg Nell would have some kind wake up call; she recently dealt with her young daughter being in trouble at school for being bossy and being a bully and her mother has been really mean and nasty to the people helping her at the doctor offices. She comments how awful they act - you’d think it might go ding ding ding - I act like that too but no she doesn’t see it. Have fun skiing.

Missy, wouldn’t it be nice if we could polish the itches out of our body? There isn’t a big enough tube of Benadryl itch cream out there for us. I never eat the skin on a peach but I sure do like them. The peach margaritas probably have peach flavored something in them; they are pretty tasty. Sorry you have a bad cold; I hope that clears up soon. Glad you got the appointments adjusted and are taking it easy this weekend. Love the picture of Bubbalah. That is some crowd at Costco. I’d turn around and go home convincing myself there isn’t anything I need that bad. Maybe that is why I shop online so much. Did your AC get fixed? Sweet kitty pictures.

Keeliamira, sorry to hear you are down and yes house construction and job searching will definitely wear on you. I hope things look up soon. I hate to hear about your FIL, husband, daughter and son. That is a lot of stressful situations to deal with by themselves let alone piled on all at once. Big hugs and mega dust coming your way. That’s nice to hear your boss appreciates all of your hard work and will provide you a good reference. Your jewelry projects sound great and maybe a well deserved distraction.

Austina, I do recommend peach margaritas; I like them better than strawberry ones. I am glad you are enjoying nice weather. Good luck getting your ceiling fixed. Marty started to patch a few dings in our baseboards but lost interest in finishing. That is his way and me nagging at him ends up agitating both of us. You guys will be moving to the states before you know it.

Kate, good luck with finding places you want to move to and then get everything done. I agree with you on appraisals and what BS comes with it. If execs don’t trust us to leave our scores alone; why bother at all? Oh well, don’t own the place so not much I can do about it. I am good, thanks. How are you doing? Love seeing pictures of sweet Autumn.

Sandeek, I am delighted to hear the end is in sight with your IV antibiotics. Nice to get your dress picked out for the wedding. Both of those dresses are fabulous.

We had our astronomy club meeting Friday night. The program generated a lot of questions so we were there quite late. It’s nice to see interest in the topic. Yesterday I was beginning to run errands when work started texting me. Between rainouts and playoffs the sports world “rained” on my parade. I got most of my laundry done though. Today we are just hanging out and will meet some friends for supper later.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
29573202_1636032623132006_5523089265151379271_n.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Easter and Happy Passover everyone!

@missy, yes, I agree we should just try to be happy with ourselves as we are now - we will miss these days when we're 85 lol! I hope you're starting to feel a little better, it's amazing how miserable a cold can make one feel. Oh my gosh that is quite the crowd at Costco! Love the pics of the kitties you and Greg visited, so so sweet! :love: Glad you and Greg are enjoying the weekend.

@Calliecake, thanks, yes, we had a good time at the Masters. It was very generous of dh's friend to let us use his tickets and we have to come up with a way to repay him. So happy you have a new grand niece, congratulations! A new baby adds so much joy and fun to life. I love shopping for baby clothes, have fun! I did come to a decision on a ring, more on that at the end of my post!

@Sandeek, the dress looks amazing on you! Perfect choice for a beach wedding. The one you ordered is beautiful too, let us know what you think. I really hope you are nearing the end of your treatments, it's been such a long road for you and I do hope you can put this all behind you soon.

@Austina, I ended up getting a blouse...I wish I liked clothes shopping more. I wander around the store trying to find something I like and then when I do it usually doesn't fit right! How nervy of that woman to expect to be able to save a spot, I hate when people do that. So nice you're enjoying some warm weather. Great job on getting all that work done, you got a lot accomplished and I can see why you're wiped out!

@marcy, a peach marguartita sounds delicious. I should go with dh when he plays golf one of these days. I usually stay home and paint my nails LOL. It's great that there was a lot of interest in the topic at your meeting. Ugh, it's a shame you had to deal with work issues and I hope you had a great time at dinner with your friends. Love your Easter Snoopy!

@AV_, so sorry to read you had food poisoning, that's an awful thing. How funny you learned about Easter festivities from the local radio station - I think it's very impressive you were able to understand the announcers - Your Spanish might be better than you think!

@Keeliamira, I'm sending lots of comfort and support to you. I am so very sorry you are dealing with so many stressful situations at once. You are defintitely dealing with a lot. I hope your sweet son feels ready to come home soon. I hope things start improving for your step dd too. Please take care of yourself and try to hang in there; things will get better, as AV said it's just going to take a little time. (((Hugs))). I love your tourmaline ring and I think it would bring you joy and brighten your day to own it. Small pleasures can be a comfort and distraction, and lift the spirits a little.

@Tekate, what a cute pic of Autumn and her dad! My nephew had a baby a few years ago and my sister stayed with them for a while...she said that it was great but also kinda crazy trying to help her son and his wife get a handle on taking care of a newborn. I remember those days myself lol! SO happy to hear little Autumn is putting on weight, I'm sure everyone is feeling relieved. Wow, you have a lot of excitement coming up in your life and lots to look forward to!

Had a nice day today, we went to dh's brother's house for dinner and it was good catching up with everyone. DS and DD went as well so it was good to spend time with them too. We're leaving for California on Thursday for my niece's wedding and of course all of a sudden I feel like I need to do a ton of things before I leave.

I decided to buy a Victor Canera ring I saw on LT and on his website - it's an oval in a floral style halo. I decided to go this route because I was worried other oval halo rings I was looking at were just too similar to my OEC halo. And other rings I was considering had J stones and I didn't want to have a contrast. The oval in this ring is F VS1. I'll be getting it on Tuesday. Here's a pic -
ADA196A8-A775-426C-A106-D2CBB49D2A4C.png
Sending love and support to all the NIRDIS! <3

AV_

Ideal_Rock
NIRDI... I have attempted to do the right things on Saturday only to fall ill in the city; managed a cab (easy feat here) & got home. I should have known better, in retrospect. Obviously, I have no practice with being off kilter like this. Yet, a first piece of substantial followup to my thesis came in & made for serious celebration! [sidenote: my Orthodox Easter is next week ,) - so even this is not lost, just the local fanfare]

@Keeliamira Your son is a very good guy!
Then, natural pearls - I believe they are still so mysterious, just about anything is possible. Most of those I have had as samples for my two year study were very small - I needed them this way, but were great samples for the possible variations of nacre, especially in the pinctada radiata, a classical Gulf species; a couple of surreal ones looked like traslucent quick silver droplets! (some golden - the bane of my existence ,) ...

@Sandeek YES, indeed - I have a title! It took a couple of weeks to put the words down, but they sure do the job right (Lattice Equilibria).
You look very right in the dress .)

It looks like I need to keep things slow - which is just fine, since I am only following up on work already done for the thesis & its aftermass. The not so fun Saturday shopping got me an odd list of groceries (I managed to get through the cheese side of a nice shop, then pick chocolates & candied things & wine; which add up to a week worth of - pasta? I'll need help to round the list up somehow, within ten minutes walk - which does include two good grocers; small town bliss... )

@Austina Amen! - to 'paint drying weather' .) It is getting back here too.

@missy I hope your finger & ear are getting back to their selves... & Trust me, I am smiling at the ring shots! .) It is rather a pity that many other beautiful diamonds around here are only ever seen for a flash when they are changing hands. This is comming from a step cut mad woman...

Then,

Thank you for the mentions @marcy @Tekate @Scandinavian @junebug17 (we were writing in the same time... Great choice! ) I can never keep up!

A.

Last edited:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I’m glad you were able to get out and enjoy the weekend. How are you feeling?

@junebug, This ring is perfect! It has the finger coverage you were looking for, and the sparkle factor. I love ovals Junie. They look so feminine and make the fingers look longer. Victor’s settings are always a work of art. I can’t wait to see this beautiful ring on your finger. Tuesday can’t get here fast enough!

@Sandeek, How wonderful that you are getting very close to be done with the IV antibiotics. I have to ask this. Do you seriously think anything can top the dress you posted of you wearing? This dress looks stunning on you. I’m all for a girl having options but that dress looks like perfection on you! The car saga continues but at least we are having fun looking. We decided to look at certified preowned with low miles so of course that opened up a lot more options.

Marcy, It sounds like you had a fun weekend. I had a peach Bellini’s today. If you haven’t tried one, I think you will love it. My nieces said I need to bring the mix to our next get together. It’s pretty exciting that the NIRDI’s now have earrings and a ring to look forward to.

Congratulations on coming up with the title @av. I’m sorry you aren’t feeling well.

@Keeliamira , Please get a second opinion if you are feeling anxious. It may put your mind at ease and the last you need is more stress. I hope things get easier for you.

@Tekate, Great news that Autumn is putting weight on. I’m sure this is a huge relief to Mike and Cara. What a little beauty she is Kate. My niece had us all laughing with her adventures in breastfeeding stories today.

We spent the day with the new baby girl today. She was an absolute angel. It so much fun seeing my niece being a new mom. It’s always a good day when you are holding a baby for a few hours. My brother is having some tests this week that have all of us concerned. Any dust would really be appreciated.

AV_

Ideal_Rock

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

@junebug17 I love the ring you bought. It's simply stunning. So thrilled for you and cannot wait for you to get and wear and enjoy it. It's a beautiful gift.:love:
Your Easter with your family sounded perfect and I am so glad you had a great time with everyone. Your upcoming trip to California for your niece's wedding sounds fun too. Lots of good things. :appl: Good luck with getting everything together and packed and I hope your niece has a beautiful glorious wedding.

@marcy glad you had an engaging astronomy meeting friday. Boo to work bothering you Saturday but glad Sunday was a more relaxing day. Hope dinner with friends was fun and that your Easter Sunday was overall lovely. Believe me if I could get great produce online I would but only choosing produce in person works for me. And besides I have Greg to go and so it works.8-) Though I would love to just get everything online if I knew I was getting the freshest and best produce. Costco rocks in most ways and only in Brooklyn is it that crowded. Hopefully we will soon be more at the beach Costco anyway. Fingers crossed. Thank you for enjoying my photos.

@Sandeek hope the rest of your weekend went well and we enjoyed being in your DD's neighborhood to be. So lovely there. And our favorite restaurant is moving and reopening soon so one day we will enjoy a wonderful dinner there with you.

@AV_ sorry about the food poisoning and hope you are almost fully recovered by now. That is one of the least nice things to deal with...I remember it too well though it was over 15 years ago since I had my one case of food poisoning. Yay for positive follow up to your thesis and yes celebrations are in order. Hope you feel well this week and have a productive and enjoyable week.

@Keeliamira thinking of you and hoping you have a smooth week.

@Calliecake yay so glad you finally got to enjoy your new grandniece and had a lovely Easter celebration with your family. Sending you bucketloads of dust for your family member and hope everything goes well. Also thinking about your step family and keeping you in my thoughts.

@Tekate hope you had a wonderful Easter with your family. XO.

Hello to everyone else and hope you are all doing well.

We enjoyed a wonderful Sunday and went to one of my favorite neighborhoods and visited the dog park and the Promenade and walked all around enjoying what turned out to be a lovely weather day. it started off cold and windy but turned into a sunny mild day.

Off for our annual physical today. I don't enjoy not being able to eat before the physical so trying to get my mind off not having breakfast. At least I can enjoy my black coffee so yay for that. After the annual we might head to the beach for a few days. Not sure yet. It would be lovely to go there as this weekend we have to be back here for my dad's 85th surprise birthday party and we didn't get to go this past weekend due to inclement weather. So maybe...

Leaving you with a few photos from our Easter Sunday. Enjoy a good Monday girls! (((Hugs))).

Screen Shot 2019-04-22 at 7.07.04 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-22 at 7.06.52 AM.png

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy Just as well that we had a little party for my first presentation - it was a good preemptive celebration. I am thrilled with the followup & terrified - which is getting to be quite a habit ,(
In your pictures, NY looks very friendly .)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

@AV_ it's always sweet to ave an early celebration. I understand your concern about the follow up but I feel that it will all go well. I hope the excitement outweighs the fear. Life is short and too much energy can be wasted on worry and fear. Believe me I know this topic all too well. LOL some wisdom is creeping in as I age...

@Sandeek good luck today your first day back. I am glad you had such a lovely vacation and before you know it soon summer will be upon us. Have a good day and congrats on the sale!

I hope everyone enjoyed a wonderful Monday. Greg and I made it through our annual physicals and despite the fact I need an abdominal ultrasound by next week or so we are at the beach enjoying ourselves. Plan on going riding soon. We got here yesterday afternoon and it all went smoothly despite some extra traffic heading here since it was afternoon by the time we got back from the doctor's office. Had a nice bath and relaxing dinner and we are ready to cycle for the next few days weather permitting. And today is a glorious weather day so woohoo.

Leaving you with a photo of the beautiful colors in the sky and the birds soaring above. We have lots of birds in the backyard right now and it's just such a calming sound. The sound of the waves in the sea and the sounds of the birds.

Screen Shot 2019-04-23 at 6.48.07 AM.png

Enjoy a terrific Tuesday ladies!:wavey:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello Hello Hello! greetings from Hudson Bend, Texas in the annoying and trafficky state of Texas, where one takes their life into their hands just driving on FM 620 in Austin.. hahaha. back in Atown been fun, been eating enough Tex-Mex (or I just read an article in the NYTimes where the chef says it's NOT Tex-Mex but Mexican Texan food ha).. I have floated away on Queso.. chips, salsa, heaven.. :) but my pants are tighter. enough of that. I've eaten more burgers in the last 3 weeks than in the last full year!!! Texas - Longhorn Beef.. yes I am being a bit sarcastic, but it's nice to be in such a cool, happening, TRAFFICKY place.. home..

We have been going to open houses looking at what and where, nothing balls us over and I want to buy in PA b4 we buy here.. start moving things down etc.. blah blah blah etc. ;-)

@Keeliamira I've not read thru the whole thread but I am hoping things are better for the hubster and you... I'll keep reading. My younger son says Linkedin is IT the only place to find a job, so does my friend Kathleen's son. Autumn is now Autie, or Auti? or Audi, not sure which way the son and wife will go, they sort of disagree, my son likes Audi and Cara likes Autie, we did point out the 'car' thing to Mike.. either way, she is a joy.. lucky me and them and she is gaining weight. xo to you.

@Sandeek you look marvelous girl.. looking forward to seeing the 2nd dress, GREAT color awesome styling, they will be hard to choose from! how are you? my jaw was killing me yesterday ??? not sure why, but fine today.. xoxoxoxo

@missy the beautiful, the caring the best Missy! finger looks better, what is with the ear? you remind me of my allergies in a way.. I can wear yellow gold, no itching etc, then get another yellow gold piece and I can't wear it after a while.. same with white gold.. and leather, and a tag on a blouse, shirt, anything KILLS me.. I am so sorry but am so happy the finger looks better! Did you have a good weekend and Passover? Autumn sends love to you back Missy.. she is a sweetie, such a good baby, rarely cries, but my son says she does at night! ha. oh well on that.. ;-) love the pixs of the cats and you and Greg, my son has a cat, Luna, I LOVE her she is beautiful, and shy.. I love cats, I love animals like everyone here. :)

@Austina hello lady!

@Calliecake I read somewhere here that you are getting a new jewel? let me know so I can vicariously live thru your journey, I love reading about people's journey to a stone! how are you? what is new? What sex is your niece's baby? do you have stats? how was her labor? nosey Kate! but it is who I am ;-) xoxoxo

@Jimmianne how's France girl? where did your daughter go on her honeymoon? (like what country not where where ;-)) are you going to keep your farm and do a 6 monther and let the caretakers have the big house? do remember Jimmi that I will be visiting France for the wedding next
year, of course I don't know where in France my nephew is getting married, as it is, one of our nieces is getting married 9/29/19 in Virginia and that is the one we are thinking about for now.. :) xoxoxo

@marcy how's things your way? weather good? weather is beautiful here in Austin, home it's nice too, in the 50s.. here the 80s. miss my house how's the hubster? any car news? xoxoxo

@Scandinavian loved the pix of your pup! xoxox

@Mamabean love your pix ring! stats! please. How's the family? how are you lady? xoxoxo

Going over to Kathleen's today for lunch or dinner I'm not sure which. Chris's car is 1/2 done for being fixed, they alerted John by text it's 1/2 way DONE! the wonders of texting never cease. Not sure if Chris will make it here while we are here, he's trying. His job has turned out to be a bit of a negative for him in that his project has never gotten off the ground after 3 months and they were told (the new hires 'they') that they would be put into new groups, this happened to Chris in his first job also, this time though he went to the VP and told him that he didn't want to the new position but wanted more data mining and the VP said okay, look for something and let me know and Chris had already by conversing with another group so he's going to be happier, this happened to him at his first job out of college in Bentonville, and he went to where they wanted and THAT started his spiral down of dislike of the company, management and his job, this time he's savvy enough to take it into his own hands and forge ahead with what he's interested in doing and there are jobs in data mining so he's happier now.. learning to navigate your career is essential in life. Proud of him. He only plans to stay here 18 months anyway, he wants GOOGLE, Google is the golden job for data mining.. so we shall see what the future holds for him. He went to the Guggenheim with Katie last Saturday!.. so proud of him and his ability to handle his life.

Mike is a great Dad, Cara a good mom.. they seem to be handling parenthood better than I did! I was a nervous Nelly!

Going to rain in TX today, Yay! they always need rain.

Love you guys, and I am trying to get on more and peruse PS and our NIRDI thread.. hope everyone is doing well. @AV_ feeling better? hope so..

happy Tuesday ladies!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HAHAHA! I missed a whole page of stuff here.. so here I go..

@junebug17 a VC ring! he's such a perfectonist, I LOVE LOVE ovals. Can't wait to see you wearing this beauty.. Congratulations! Should be coming today? I had a E colored oval as my first engagement ring from John, loved the color H A T E D the bowtie, traded up a year after engagement to my 1.61 MRB AGS2 I color stone and have kept that, but boy that E color was beautiful and ovals are so unique. I offered to buy my aunt's engagement ring from her SO but she didn't seem to want to give it up. not sure why as my aunt received it from her HUSBAND whom she left for her girlfriend.. I would have been good money for it, remember she loved it so, it was a pear shape (sold in the 60s as a teardrop!).. I would have made it into a pendant as it's one carat but for some reason her girlfriend just said she didn't know where it was (maybe) etc. so I let it drop! I love stones with history. Love the setting Junie!

@Calliecake oh another girl Callie, wonderful, breast feeding and me? didn't work, but these girls are the best! sending good vibes and dust for your brother Callie.. hold on to our brothers, while they are and were pains, they are our BROTHERS! sending you love Callie girl.

@missy NO sleep till Brooklyn!!! ;-) great pix of Greg.. why are you needing an abdominal ultrasound? altho those are easy peasy... let me know how things are going Missy girl. ❤️❤️❤️❤️

@AV_ hope you are feeling mucho better and glad you have a title! xo

well I'm sorta caught up..

John is spending hours looking at houses here in central TX, me? nah, till we get our house up and ready I'm just gonna mellow yellow!

xo

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Glad your astronomy meeting generated so much interest @marcy, makes all the hard work preparing for it, worthwhile. Hope you’ve had a great weekend without any more work things intruding on it. Not long now till the earrings arrive.

Sorry you’ve been unwell @AV_ I hope you’re feeling much better now.

Your little guy sounds very mature @Keeliamira, it’s good he knows that he needs help, and more importantly, is ready to accept it. I hope all the other issues you’re dealing with are lessening, and not proving too stressful for you all.

:dance: @junebug17 , hope your ring arrived today, and it’s blown you away. Looking forward to seeing photos. Sounds like you had a lovely time with all the family over Easter. Safe travels to the wedding, hope it all goes off without a hitch.

Sending good thoughts for your brother @Calliecake , hope all will be well with him. Lovely to hear your niece and baby are doing well, and that you’re enjoying spending time with them.

You might be passing by Adam’s place @Tekate , the 620 runs close by. Who knows, we could be househunting together :lol: So pleased to hear little Autumn is thriving, and your son & DIL are coping well. I hope things work out for Chris, bit of a bummer that things are not what he hoped. Safe onward travels.

Glad your physicals are over with @missy and you’re enjoying being back at the beach again. Recharge your batteries and enjoy the beautiful scenery. I hope the weather co-operates so you can get out cycling again.

We’ve had 5 days of beautiful weather over the holiday weekend, got all our jobs done inside and out, thank goodness. The weather is set to turn from tomorrow, bringing cooler temperatures and even rain.

Hope all the lovely NIRDIs are doing well :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Junebug, that is a fabulous ring. It’s really beautiful. You should have it on your hand now. Sweet. I don’t mind riding around the course with Marty once or twice in the summer but I would get bored going out with him a lot. Speaking of painting my nails; I should do that tonight too. It sounds like you had a nice time catching up with everyone on Easter. How exciting to be heading out for your niece’s wedding.

AV, oh no that you got sick; I am glad you were able to get a cab to take you home. Pretty exciting about the good news on your thesis. You have candy and wine; that’s always a good dinner. Ha Ha.

Callie, good idea to look at certified preowned vehicles. Have fun with your search. I have tried a peach Bellini; they are quite tasty. I am sure your niece wouldn’t turn them down. I like fuzzy navels too. How nice you got to hold the new baby. Mega dust coming your way for your brother.

Missy, my friends who have groceries delivered or order them online then pick them up at the store say their produce is fine. I might do try produce the next time I order online. Glad to hear the Costco near your beach house isn’t as busy as the one in Brooklyn. How fun to have a surprise birthday party for you dad this weekend. 85 years old; that is awesome. Tell him Happy Birthday for me. Oh no you have to get an ultrasound; glad you are at the beach enjoying yourselves. Love the beach shot and the birds make it a perfect shot. I hope you get in a lot of miles on the bike this week.

Kate, I am totally chuckling to your description of food and traffic in Texas. Sounds fun. I would think of the car Audi too - but then again I love Audi’s so that’s not a bad thing. I am sure her nickname will be as sweet and wonderful like her. The weather has been pretty decent here; I even rebel and don’t wear a jacket in the morning. I am sure we aren’t done with cold and snow though. Glad you have nice weather in Texas. I am glad Chris is going to be doing something he likes better; you definitely have to watch out for yourself at work.

Austina, it was nice to have people so engaged with the astronomy program and even better someone else was giving the program. I am the one who will do programs if no one else volunteers but enjoy listening to someone else. I am anxious to get my earrings. Glad you got all of your outdoor chores done while it was nice. Now you can stay in from the rain.

We keep having rain in the forecast but so far only sprinkles here and there. Work has been busy and I’m short 2 people so the day zips by. Marty is heading to Colorado tomorrow and working on a few other projects besides the one for LA. Good thing they have other projects. I need to plan food for Sunday. We’ve got 8 family members coming for lunch, supper and poker.

Take care.
Marcy

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy True enough, worry doesn't help. I know all too well this walk of life & there is no way to put that stuff in writing! Just as well that much of my work depends just on me & some paper who cannot fight me off reading it ,) - while the authors might.

@marcy Nibbles & a drink (mostly tea...) is my favorite way of eating, for sure. I rarely fill a plate with anything (then again, dry & candied fruit, nuts, cured cheese, dark chocolate ... a plate of that fuels an army!). I hear you about lecturing & speaking! I need to do some of that & I so know that the audience knows better than I do this time, except for what I am going to tell them.

@Tekate I have never had to ask anything from work until now & am I catching up! Just as well that I know where I am going, give or take...

@Austina Thank you, yes, I am almost whole. Last time I ate right was Thursday, so I am soooo looking forward to a good lunch & shopping. Hopefully the round of daily rains is over too; I hate going to town when I cannot have a proper walk.

-
NIRDI,
Have a good day too!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, glad the physical is over and done with but sorry about needing an ultrasound and I hope it turns out to be nothing serious. Your walk through the city sounds like a very enjoyable way to spend a Sunday. Love the pics of your outing! Enjoy your beach getaway, gorgeous scenery!

@AV_, I am so sorry you felt ill but relieved you were able to find a cab quickly and make it home with no problems. Please take care of yourself and I hope you're feeling better soon. Congratulations on the good fpllow-up to your thesis, great news!

@Calliecake, sending you lots of car buying dust and hoping for the best outcome for you! I'm keeping your brother in my thoughts and I hope things turn out ok for him. So wonderful you met your precious grand niece and had a great visit with her and the new parents.

@Tekate, love tex mex, or whatever it's called lol! So glad Mike and Cara are doing so well...I was really nervous with my first too. I'm sorry Chris has been dealing with issues at work but good for him for taking the initiative on getting his career going in the direction he wants...I can see why you're so proud, he sounds like a great kid. Aw, too bad things didn't work out with your aunt's diamond, I know it would have meant a lot to you to have it.

@Austina, it's great you took advantage of the warm weather and got so much accomplished...now when the coolre weather hits you can relax and take it easy for a bit!

@marcy, good luck with your food planning...it's hard enough trying to figure out what to serve for one meal, never mind too! But you always come up with really good meals. Glad to hear Marty's company has several projects going on, it's a sign business is good.

The ring came today and it's very beautiful! Here are a few quick pics I took
B34D36F4-A80B-41D7-B6D4-66DA78A4D9A2.jpeg 6B7C7938-0249-4012-9F27-475B37F43294.jpeg A611F461-DF41-4421-8FC9-17E6F6AD03B1.jpeg

Attachments

• 732717E1-FFC8-4EEC-AE55-FF500B321A4C.jpeg
    732717E1-FFC8-4EEC-AE55-FF500B321A4C.jpeg
    162.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 662B85D6-E7D8-4003-997C-B392EB123B71.jpeg
    662B85D6-E7D8-4003-997C-B392EB123B71.jpeg
    152.9 KB · Views: 31

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@junebug17 Ohhh Junie, your ring is stunning.:kiss2: I love it. :love: It looks blingtastic on you. In every way. It's perfect! Nicely done.:appl:I am so happy you found such a gorgeous ring!!!
Enjoy the wedding and have a safe trip to California. Hope you have the best time and congrats to your niece!

@Sandeek hope being back at work is going well and that you are enjoying the kids. Hope you receive good news very soon and sending continued bucketloads of healing dust your way and big (((hugs))).

@AV_ hope the rain is over by you and that you enjoy a proper meal finally today. Thursday was a long time ago. Girl hope your stomach is all better and you can begin eating good food again. Have fun today and sending you love. And yes boo to worry. I need to work on that too. The words will come when you are ready. (((Hugs))).

@Tekate aww thank you Kate the Great and especially thank you for the Autumn love. I feel the same about you and your family. Hope you enjoyed being with Kathleen yesterday whether it was dinner or lunch and glad to hear Chris is doing A OK and that he has big plans. One day at a time. Yay for the car being almost fixed and hopefully that will be sooner rather than later. I love the Guggenheim. I love all the NYC museums though but that one is a favorite. Kate I am so happy for all the wonderful things going on for you and your family and excited for upcoming happy occasions too. :appl: Sending you big (((hugs))) and much love. We are having a great time at the beach thanks for asking. More on that below. Love you Kate girl. XO.
Re the Abdominal US...some of my blood work has been abnormal for 12 months and the doctors think there is a possibility something is wrong so need an abdominal US. If you ask me they are just guessing and practicing CYA or at least I hope they are practicing CYA and that there is nothing wrong.:pray: I wasn't even going to do it when my endocrinologist told me he wanted me to but then my internist insisted.

@Austina thank you! Yes we are having a wonderful time here and the weather has been and continues to be lovely. We rode lots yesterday and hoping for more of the same today and tomorrow before rain gets here Friday. And then some riding Saturday but then back to NYC Saturday afternoon for my dad's party Sunday afternoon. Glad your weather was so nice for a long stretch and hope the rain and cooler weather doesn't last too long by you or us when it arrives.

@marcy good luck to Marty and his trip in Colorado. Oh my to 8 people for dinner next Sunday for lunch, supper and poker. Glad work is busy and zipping by. That is always good. I will tell my dad you said Happy Birthday thank you sweet Marcy.:kiss2:
Glad ordering produce online works well for your friends. I tried doing that a few times but always the produce was not as fresh or as good as when I choose it myself. I ordered through Fresh Direct twice but it was not up to par.

@ringo865 thinking of you hoping treatments are going smoothly.

@Keeliamira sending you (((hugs))).

Hi to everyone else.

We had the best day yesterday. Perfect weather. Glorious cycling. Sea air, sand, and lovely scenery. And we visited with friends once we reached our halfway destination (Sea Girt). And they are dog sitting for a few months so we got our doggie fix in yesterday too. Plus stopping along the way playing with all the dogs on the beaches lol. Frenchies, Bostons, mixed breeds, Goldens, etc. It's amazing we cycled 52 miles with all that stopping haha. Today we are hoping for more of the same. And I will not let the fact that my Schamberg's disease is flaring stop me. It's not even hot here but somehow my blood vessels are bursting all over my body while cycling. I was not diligent enough about pouring water over my legs throughout the day while cyling though yes I did do that but I guess not enough. Fingers crossed today it doesn't get worse. But I am not letting that stop me or affect my enjoyment of cycling. It's something I live with and do not let it affect me. See getting older is making me wiser. Long may that continue. :appl:

Leaving you with some photos of our day yesterday. Wish you were all here enjoying the fresh sea air with us. Sending you (((hugs))).

Visiting our friends and the sweet dog they are watching. Their garden is unbelievably gorgeous and she is just getting started for the season. In another month it will be even more glorious.
Screen Shot 2019-04-24 at 6.53.52 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-24 at 6.54.46 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-24 at 6.54.24 AM.png

The sea as we are cycling. How can anyone resist the call of the Ocean?
Screen Shot 2019-04-24 at 6.56.05 AM.png

Reaching our 52 miles as we arrived back at the end of a long wonderful cycling day yesterday.
Screen Shot 2019-04-24 at 6.53.27 AM.png

Have a wonderful Wednesday girls!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Wow and Whoa! you and Greg did some cycling. I have been thinking about this since reading your day and looking at your beautiful pictures Missy, really you exude happiness, love and perseverance and class. I always love to read what you are doing. I am sorry about the Schamberg Disease, I had to go read about it. I am sorry you have this, one derm recommended compression socks which I am sure you know about because I think I remember reading about you mentioning compression socks, then again sweetie I could have hallucinated this (; . Chris's car should be ready today, I hope Mike doesn't drive too fast in it. Chris is steady Eddie and Mike is Rapid Ralph.. although Chris did get a ticket for going 99 in Texas when he bought the car 2 years ago. So please Missy don't overdo it! but I read in one of the other forums how many bikes you and Greg own and I KNOW this is a great love of yours so don't listen to me.. :appl: I'm old.. Raining today in Austin, which is ALWAYS wanted in this dry desert. Had dinner with Kath last night, they are going to Scotland Monday then to Omaha I think... her husband is an executive and a fire extinguisher guy for IBM, she travels with him because why not.. kids grown, daughter lives in Santa Barbara, is like uber uber rich and son is doing great, they have the time. She is a vegan, always a challenge to like eating with them but last night she put real cheese on the enchiladas! we ate around the pool, they have all the bells and whistles of high tech and Alexa was with us too! she locked us out once.. hahaha, they have always been waay ahead of us on tech.. they are going to leave Austin eventually and move to where their son and DIL end up. DIL is still getting post grad degree etc.. but they will need more Mom/Dad help with kids as opposed to her daughter who has live in help. She has been a great and occassional pain in the butt bestie, for 35 years now! we are ships in the night, we never live in the same place at the same time, they have down European stints, John was only offered Israel 2X and I said nah... :) Raining big time here today.. the lake is beautiful and Austin is BUSY, THRIVING, horrible traffic, town and it's always fun to be here. How's Francesca? I may not have read as much as I should have as I am trying to catch up! I have had an off blood test for years and they never do much, just write it in my chart. My respect for physicians has waned over the years, especially recently. Take care and thank you always Missy for being my friend and for caring and for being the Marvelous Missy, we are all so much better for having @missy in our lives.. xoxoxoxo

@junebug17 dang June the ring is spectacular!!! it looks perfect on you, love the pattern and how it looks on your hand! Thank you so much June for your kind words about Mike, Cara and Autie! she has certainly become the center of our lives. I'm with @AV_ your ring has a lace effect, I love how it scallops outside and inside the halo.. it's magnificent and VC is a brilliant artist. Hope to see it someday if possible :) I've seen bubalah and pictures do not do justice to these pieces of art. And as I have said b4, I love ovals. love them.

@Calliecake how are you? your brother? any results yet? how's your little grandniece? aren't little ones so much fun? all Autie does is sleep.. eat... yawn.. sleep... eat.. etc. :) sending you love Callie. xoxox keep me up on the car buying, CPO is the way to go.

@marcy hi Marcy, how's things, I read your weather is good! good news and spring is here. xoxoxo looking forward to reading the menu on the big family get together.. if you have Whole Foods they are great for sides! or you can do the great American menu, lasagna, bread, salad, and ice cream! :) xoxo

@Austina your son lives off of 620! I lived off 620 for 18 years almost, near Anderson Mill, this VRBO is about 2 miles off 620, we are just south of Steiner. My son lives up near Leander, north Cedar Park!. So happy to read you have had good weather.. sun is good for the soul imho. Yes to house hunting! we would have tons of fun and good Tex - Mex!

@AV_ so glad you are feeling better, it's always good when our work goes the way we want it to! xoxoxo

@ringo865 Hi and sending you good thoughts and love ringo.. hope all is well and your treatment is progressing. xoxoxo

@Mamabean hello there lady! how's the family? which house are you at right now? loved the parklike back yard you have at one of them :) (doing my best to catch up).

@Keeliamira how's job hunting going? how are the kids? hope all on your plate is moving in the direction you want it to go! sending love.. xo

@Sandeek how's things? hope all is well and can't wait to read what dress you picked for your son's wedding!! xoxoxo

Today is a mellow day here in Hudson Bend TX, raining and we will wait to hear from Mike as to when we can visit, we are limiting our time there because I think it stresses Cara out. John, Mike and me are Star Trek fans and she isn't! and her mom, and grandma and her huge family is always visiting and their little house is 1800 square feet so we try to visit when it's just the 5 of us! :) Hopefully pick up Christopher's car, not heard if or when he can come down for a visit to meet his niece. Heard from Kate all is well in Brooklyn.

Off to make some tea ladies of the NIRDI! love all you guys. Gotta get some new pix of Autumn to put up, maybe today. Life is less hectic now that Mike, Cara and Autumn are starting to get a routine going!

love you guys.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Wowsers @junebug17 your ring looks even better IRL, it’s the perfect size on your hand :love:

You must be close to Adam @Tekate, he’s near the Galleria. :D Glad it’s all going well there. It’s certainly a busy time for Mike & Cara and it’s very considerate of you to give them a little break from visiting. Must feel like you left home ages ago.

I hope you’ve managed a decent meal @AV_ , it’s a long time not to have eaten a proper meal.

You’re going to be really busy with all that entertaining this weekend @marcy, sounds like it’ll be fun though. Make the loser at poker do all the cleaning up :mrgreen:

Wow 52 miles @missy, you really burned up the roads yesterday! Sorry to hear you’ve got problems again with bursting blood vessels, I know you won’t let it stop you, but please take care. Wow, your friend’s garden looks lovely, perfect for a big doggy.

I wish we were there too, we got soaked this morning! It started out ok, but the heavens opened when we were half way round with Dottie. We all looked like drowned rats when we got back to the car.

I hope all the lovely NIRDIs are having a good day :wavey:

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
@marcy your astronomy club sounds divine! I love going to the astronomy club at my university (and taking my littles). There’s a huge telescope in the observatory that we use...sigh, how I’d love to have enough time for a PhD or two. I’ll try to find a photo I took through our smaller telescope during an eclipse that I really adore. I’m with you on the OCD thing but with six kids it’s a loosing battle. :lol-2:

@junebug17 your ring is absolutely beautiful!! Mind you, I’m a little biased biased, but victor’s work is divine! It looks so beautiful! I hope you enjoy it for many many years to come! Thank you for the tourmaline love...I do so need the distraction.

@AV_ Congrats on the positive movement in your thesis! That’s great! I hope it continues to go well! I’m so sorry you fell ill Saturday...and away from the house! How miserable! How are you feeling? Better? The “natural” pearls were anything but and a total miss. Ah well, back to treasure hunting!

@Calliecake thank you. I am getting a second opinion. I wish much dust for your brother’s tests. Any word? I’m so glad you got to spend the day with the baby. Babies are instant pick-me-ups!

@missy thanks for all the ((((hugs)))) and back attcha! I’m glad your physicals went well but oh no! for needing an ultrasound! I hope everything turns out well. Have you’d scheduled it yet? I love seeing all your photos.

@Tekate the job hunt is still is ongoing. No bites yet, but I’m applying for a federal position I’m really excited about. It will be a long haul though because I’ll have to go through a top secret clearance screening which can take from 3-12months. How exciting about the car! I hope the weather in SB was perfection while you were there. Such a beautiful area!

Thank you everyone for all the love, hugs, thoughts, and kind words! I have been enjoying my porch this afternoon. My birds were outside with me because we did some painting today. There are so many song birds in the trees and the weather was just magic!

My little boy came home today from the hospital, yay!! He’s doing so much better. We raided the after Easter candy sales and he came home to a big enough bag to completely ruin his dinner.

On another note, I had my gyro appointment yesterday and I need a hysterectomy...cuz I didn’t have enough going on already lol. I’ve been having indeterminate pain and some other symptoms for quite some time now. Scheduling it for the end of May I think.

Wishing you all love and blessings! I’m leaving you with a photo of my birds on the porch and the seriously sinful sauce I put on my “mommy Mac and cheese” that day requested for his homecoming dinner.
004583EE-71C7-4E82-89BA-F3A358D6C929.jpeg D582A435-E519-4D41-9C5D-6BD8D85C928A.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junebug, your new ring is gorgeous. It looks perfect on your hand too. :appl:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Keeliamira Uh! for the pearls... I do see smaller ones on the various sites, with silly all over the place prices. Then, how do you keep an even keel! There is more going on in your post than in a few years of my life, and I am complaining.

It is setting out to be a magic weather (as you call it) day here, just as needed.

@Tekate Good to hear that your folk are settling into new life with baby .) You've done it!

@Austina I should have been there hitch hiking, only to get called into your car with the rained dogs ,) Funny how you tell it!

@missy Thank you for the ride! A week of rain & trifling illness has sure given me a good measure for how important my little walks in town really were - I am lost without that little time off.

I should be working ,)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

@Tekate you are the sweetest. Can you feel my love and hugs through the screen? Cause I am sending them your way in bucketloads. Thank you for your too kind and generous and lovely comments. I am the lucky one having you in my/our corner, being my/our loving friend. Our world is a better place for having Kate the Great in it.:appl:

What a nice dinner you had with your friend Kath. It's interesting her DD lives in Santa Barbara as Greg and I were discussing a possible move to Santa Barbara some day in the (far) future. If we could afford living there on the water that is which is a big if.8) I imagine living in a climate where we can cycle lots more than we can here. But it's a dream that probably will not happen. And I doubt I can convince my sister to move there and it is definitely an expensive place to live.

Speaking about vegan diets and finding it challenging to prepare food for picky eaters or those of us on special (ie gluten/dairy/soy free etc) diets I can relate from the other side. My mom is already giving me a hard time about Sunday. It's my dad's 85th surprise birthday party and she is having food brought in but of course I am the problem. She really aggravated me yesterday and often manages to make me feel unwelcome when she invites us over because of my food restrictions. Sad really. And ironic because my mom (and dad) always taught us when we were growing up that one makes ones guests feel welcome and one should always be gracious. So unlike her actions this past decade towards me. I know she loves me and I love her but I do not care for her behavior towards me when it comes to these issues. :blackeye: Don't fret though about me or this. Just sharing because it it so hard to have something there for me to eat? No need to answer. Just thinking out loud. It bewilders me why she acts like this towards me.

Austin sounds like a wonderful place to live especially by a big lake. How great to have a bestie for over 35 years. My friend Tom is my bestie for over 34 years so we are close to what you and Kath have and I know how amazing a friendship like that truly is. Thank you for asking about Francesca. Knock wood she is doing well. Fingers crossed that continues. She is such a love. We sleep curled up together every night. LOL maybe I should be curled up with Greg at night but HRH has more body heat.:lol:

Interesting about John's offer in Israel. I have never visited there and don't have any desire to visit. Sometimes I feel like I should have a desire to go there one day but I just do not have any desire whatsoever.

Glad all is well with Kate and please send my love to her. Hope you hear from Mike soon about when you can visit. I hope Cara's stress level diminishes. It's a hectic time so I understand and hope things quiet down soon for them.

I am so glad the car is fixed and yes hoping Mike drives safely. Wow to Chris's ticket going 99 mph. When I was just a young resident at West Point I got stopped by the State Troopers (I was outside of the West Point grounds) going over 95 mph. It was early (6AM) and there was no traffic in my defense. But lol as my dad always said it's not safe to drive so fast in case you get a blowout or something because you can lose control of the car. Anyway that was my first ticket ever and the State Trooper was nice in that he didn't write the actual speed I was driving but took it down to where I would not get into major trouble. I don't remember the specifics but if one goes too far over the speed limit one can get into more trouble. I was mortified because I felt like a criminal getting stopped but I guess we all have to get a speeding ticket at least once in our lives...oh @marcy :cheeky:

Hugs to you and John and all your family. Especially sweet Autumn.:kiss2:

@marcy, hope you had a good day yesterday and that Marty is having a good trip.

@Sandee sending you big (((hugs))) and more healing dust. Hang in there. I know it is going too slow but you are getting there sweetheart. One day at a time. XOXO.

@Keeliamira woohoo! Wonderful news about your son being home! That mac and cheese dinner for your son's homecoming looks awesome and love the birds too. So sweet.:kiss2: I am sorry about you needing a hysterectomy and hoping that goes well for you. My abdominal US is scheduled for next Tuesday morning.
Sending you more love and hugs and healing dust. (((Hugs))).

@Austina we had another wonderful cycling day and managed to do 50.93 miles lol. I am laughing because we should have just gone another few feet to get to 51 miles but I am not goal oriented like that. Just hitting a decent number makes me happy these days. Sorry you got soaked the other day. That weather is heading here for tomorrow. Hugs to you and Dottie and Colin.

@AV_ yes we all need time off and a little perspective about life in general. It is amazing how wonderful being out in nature can be for our souls. Healing energy. I draw strength from being outside among the beautiful life all around. The sea, the wildlife, the flowers, the trees. All of it. It is cathartic for my soul. Would love to take you for cycling adventure. Anytime. (You can work anytime lol). (((Hugs))).

We had a wonderful cycling day yesterday. Hit 50 miles and it was so much fun. The sea was peaceful and glistening and oh so amazseaing 8-):love::sun:

Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 7.07.15 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 7.06.47 AM.png

And back after our lovely long ride.

Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 7.06.30 AM.png

Off for a cold ride today girls. It's only in the low 50s with winds of 20 plus mph. It's going to be a freezing windy ride but I am super grateful to be here and enjoying this in the middle of the week and it will hopefully be a fun adventure. Have a wonderful day ladies and sending all of you hugs!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I’m so glad your little guy is home and feeling better @Keeliamira, what a relief for you. Hopefully there won’t be a recurrence of his anxiety, but it sounds like he’s able to understand when he needs helps, and accepts it. Sorry about your gynae problems, who’d be a woman? I hope I’m not speaking out of turn, but is it worth getting a second opinion? Hysterectomy is pretty drastic, and of course, I don’t know your medical history, but here, women get to a certain age, and Drs see a hysterectomy as a cure all. My consultant wanted me to have one when I was 29! I said NO. If you have to have one, could it be done laparoscopically, I hear it’s less traumatic?

I hope your ride wasn’t too windy today @missy, the weather here was better than predicted, definitely cooler, but it was bright and dry. You’re really covering the miles, but with scenery like that, I’m not surprised you’re out for as long as you are. I’m sorry your mother’s attitude upsets you, I’d have thought it would be easy for outside caterers to provide vegan food. We got invited to an open day from the company that built our orangery, and I would say 50% of the food they had was vegan.

I hope your trip to LA was uneventful today @junebug17 and that the wedding goes off without a hitch.

How’s work @marcy - hopefully no aggravating murmurs from the brats :D?

We had a cool but dry walk today @AV_ I know what you mean, we miss our walks when we’re away and unable to get out. How’re you feeling today?

Hi @Tekate, Did you get in any cuddles with Autumn today?

I hadn’t heard from Shirley in over a week and was getting worried, but fortunately her DIL emailed today to say she’d had problems with her iPad and she’d had to set her up with new email address etc, so I was very relieved to hear that she’s ok.

I finally got round to hemming a pair of trousers today that I bought 4 months ago :lol: I had to get Colin to take a photo of them on when I’d tacked them, to make sure they were the right length. I don’t know who they make them for, I had to chop off a few inches before hemming them!

I hope all the NIRDIs are doing well coping with their difficulties, TGIF tomorrow!

:wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, glad the physical is over and done with but sorry about needing an ultrasound and I hope it turns out to be nothing serious. Your walk through the city sounds like a very enjoyable way to spend a Sunday. Love the pics of your outing! Enjoy your beach getaway, gorgeous scenery!

@AV_, I am so sorry you felt ill but relieved you were able to find a cab quickly and make it home with no problems. Please take care of yourself and I hope you're feeling better soon. Congratulations on the good fpllow-up to your thesis, great news!

@Calliecake, sending you lots of car buying dust and hoping for the best outcome for you! I'm keeping your brother in my thoughts and I hope things turn out ok for him. So wonderful you met your precious grand niece and had a great visit with her and the new parents.

@Tekate, love tex mex, or whatever it's called lol! So glad Mike and Cara are doing so well...I was really nervous with my first too. I'm sorry Chris has been dealing with issues at work but good for him for taking the initiative on getting his career going in the direction he wants...I can see why you're so proud, he sounds like a great kid. Aw, too bad things didn't work out with your aunt's diamond, I know it would have meant a lot to you to have it.

@Austina, it's great you took advantage of the warm weather and got so much accomplished...now when the coolre weather hits you can relax and take it easy for a bit!

@marcy, good luck with your food planning...it's hard enough trying to figure out what to serve for one meal, never mind too! But you always come up with really good meals. Glad to hear Marty's company has several projects going on, it's a sign business is good.

The ring came today and it's very beautiful! Here are a few quick pics I took
B34D36F4-A80B-41D7-B6D4-66DA78A4D9A2.jpeg 6B7C7938-0249-4012-9F27-475B37F43294.jpeg A611F461-DF41-4421-8FC9-17E6F6AD03B1.jpeg

JuneBUg--your ring is TODIEFOR! I am so glad it is yours!!:appl::appl: Wear it in health!!

cheers--Sharon

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, glad you're getting a chance to do some cycling and enjoying some nice weather, although I'm sorry about the bursting vessels. Your friend's garden is so beautiful and what a sweet pooch! Love your pic of the ocean too. I hope you and Greg continue having a lovely time at the beach. Thanks for your positive comments on the ring! Means a lot!

@Tekate, happy to hear you're having a great time in Austin! I would love to visit it some day...my son did a show there a few years back. It's thoughtful of you to think of Cara and that she might be feeling a bit overwhelmed with all the company...although I know it's probably killing you to have to wait to see that sweetie! Thanks for the ring love, it means a lot to me that you and the nirdis like it.

@marcy, thank you so much! I am enjoying it. Can't wait for your earrings to show up...I'm sure you feel the same way :D

@AV_, I am so sorry you're still not feeling completely well and are missing out on your walks. Please try to get some rest in between doing work! Thank you for your lovely compliment on my ring, I love the comparison to lace :love:

@canuk-gal , wow, your kind words mean so much and it makes me happy you like it, thank you! :kiss2: I hope you are doing ok and that things have settled down at least a little for you. Thinking of your dh too and hoping his dental issues are being taken care of.

@Keeliamira, I'm so happy your precious boy is back home! Your mac and cheese sauce looks amazing, yum! One of my favorite foods. Enjoy the homecoming, such a big reason to celebrate! Your birds are beautiful :love:, they must bring you so much joy. Thank you for showing them to us. I'm so sorry to hear about you needing a hysterectomy, that must have been such a shock to you. Thanks for the nice words on the ring, Victor does do beautiful work and your ring is proof of that!

@Austina, I'm sure you were relieved to find out Shirley is ok, it's stressful not to hear from somone we're concerned about for a while. Good job getting to those trousers, taking a pic is a really good idea. Sorry you got drenched on your walk, I've been there and it is not fun, ugh. I hope you, Colin, and Dottie have a great weekend. I really appreciate your compliments on my ring, <3

Thank you everyone for your nice words about the ring! I do think it's beautiful...although I kinda wish the oval was just a "bit" bigger...spoken like a true PS'er. To be fair I had a good idea of the size when I bought it. Although when dh saw it he said "Wow, the center diamond is big" lol...and I thought, uhm not really haha! It's a nice size though, the halo adds presence and is a little different.

I'm actually on the plane to SF now...wifi on a flight is awesome! The past few days have been cray-cray to be honest...last minute things to pick up (my own fault for waiting until the last minute, grrr) ,had to have an exterminator in for ants and termites (I know :cry2:), drove to NJ to pick up my brother and that was a big rigamarole...hopefully I recover and get back some energy to make it through this weekend lol.

Sending love and good thoughts to all! Xxx

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Our world is better for knowing you. This is truth. I know Missy that your mom's reaction to your restrictions on food are most probably related to her fear for you that you don't eat enough, mom's aways like to have their kids chubby whether they are 5 or 95 (their child).. so maybe you can view it that way and tell her you are healthy and lucky that today these things have been found out and you handle it very well versus 50 years ago when you would be very ill. Also mother's often don't like giving up control of their child(kids). Your mom would NEVER needle a guest I'm sure of that but you? hah, you she still owns.. just noodlin on why she would push this subject. And maybe she is just a bit worried about your health and can't help you. Mother's are pains for sure this I DO KNOW from my own crazy Irish mother.

Santa Barbara isn't exactly where Kath's daughter lives, her daughter lives in Montecito actually. They have had to evacuate at least 6 times in the last 2 years due to mud or fire. Their house is beautiful and it has a view of the ocean from the 2nd floor. SIL bought this place for 4.3million and then spent 1.5mil renovating it, they did the pool 2x before he liked it.. his wealth is very high although plenty of homes around them are in the double digit millions (like Oprah's)..Daughter drives a Porsche 911 Carrera 4 GTS, they lease of course, also she has a Mercedes Benz GLE that she keeps here in Austin at her Austin home, although they never come anymore as she has a 2 and 3 year old and she doesn't like flying with the kids, but Kath can only afford a 1 bedroom condo in Santa Barbara, and taxes are a killer, DIL said he'd help them but they wont take any money from him. Daughter and SIL's life is so far above mine and Kath's that it's mind boggling. Santa Barbara is beautiful, you could bicycle all year, the reason why Kath's SIL lives there is becasue he runs all over the mountains.. he's an entrepreneur who made it BIG BIG time. Also he's nice but very very intense. The only person I know who has tons more money than they do is Danny's wife Anne's exhusband, he's a scion and worth a billion.. well that was a long boring story.. sorry!

California is beautiful Missy. The weather is great all year imho. Time will tell I suppose if you go or not but I am in your corner. @Autina and I will visit you!

West Point!! My roomate from college was from Highland Falls! we used to party at the bars if I went home for a weekend with her.. she was a great kid. She died of colon cancer years ago.. And yes a ticket of 100 is serious business in Texas, good thing the cop wrote it down or Chris coud have lost his license.

Missy you never cease to amaze me with your bicycling.. I SO admire your and Greg's tenacity, I strive to walk a mile a day. :)

@Austina Hi! things sound good with you and Colin. Glad you heard from Shirley as I as just thinking about her last night. Hemming pants, my husband would marry you in a nano! Yes I was with Autumn, just got back, she had a checkup today and she's gained over a 1lb and she is healthy and happy, just an overall great baby.. they are lucky! xo to you!

@junebug17 hope your time in SF is fun and you enjoy yourself Junie. I love the city.. always so pretty. Have fun and I hope all things go well! xo And June, that stone is gorgeous and the ring IS very unique, it's beautiful.. DSS is soooo real :) xoxoxox

@AV_ I've not been walking here and I've been eating more.. so I feel fat and lazy so I know what you mean about the walking.. hope all is going well with you girl!!! xo

@Keeliamira so glad things are better for your boy. I am sorry also that they say you need a hysterectomy - I am with Austina, they can do it much easier today with a minimally invasive surgery, in and out.. the birds are magnificent and the cheese for mac and cheese makes me hungry! I know that government jobs can be a long process so I send you dust on a quick process Keeliamara!!! (I love songbirds).. how's your husband? good I hope.

Spent some time with Autumn today, she is precious and such a quiet sweetie, not at all like her father... funny, I really think girl babies are easier.

We went and looked at a house today just for fun, it's not what we are looking for and the price was at my top end (like Tippy tippy top!).. they are building all these ultra modern homes here and I am so into those types of homes.. But first we have to get something in PA before we get something here. https://www.realtor.com/realestatea...Carol-Ln_Austin_TX_78734_M79741-19145?view=qv

We could build this house higher up the street with a better view but then it would be more... then we looked at this one. https://www.realtor.com/realestatea...ll-Dr_Spicewood_TX_78669_M72074-47768?view=qv from the street.. we are just meandering as I have said, we need to get the condo/twnhse/whatever in PA first. Lots to see here tho, prices from 250K to millions! saw a Bentley today, 2 teenage girls driving it, Austin is very interesting!

sending good vibes to all my NIRDI's!

xoxoxo

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

AV, I like nibbles and wine for supper. There is a place in Colorado we go to that has this great cheese, fruit and cracker plate. I never order a meal after that. Nice that you are enjoying some nice weather.

Junebug, your new ring is gorgeous and looks fabulous with your band. I think we are ordering in pizza for lunch on Sunday and grilling burgers and brats for supper. I’m definitely picking up paper plates. Have a nice time in SF and enjoy the wedding.

Missy, sending mega dust your US turns out fine. I am sorry to hear your Schamberg’s disease is flaring up; hope pouring water on your legs will help. It sounds like you had a fabulous ride and enjoyed beautiful scenery and got to see some cute puppies. Beautiful pictures; it is so green there. Sorry to hear your mom is not considering your dietary needs for Sunday. I often offer to bring a dish or two of something I can eat when we go places. I resemble that remark about speeding. And that’s all I’ve got to say about that. Ha Ha.

Kate, sorry the traffic is so bad there. Is it still raining? We don’t have a whole foods here; darn. I thought of lasagna, bread and salad but I thought since we are having pizza for lunch we’d go for burgers and brats on the grill. I’ll get veggies for the burgers and some chips. Easy supper for a crowd. I am glad you enjoyed visiting your good friend. Good idea to stagger visiting Cara and the baby. Lots of company can be stressful.

Austina, great idea to have the loser at poker do the dishes. Sadly, based on previous poker games the first one out will be me. Oh no that you guys soaked on your walk.

Keeliamira, I can’t imagine how busy you are with 6 kids. If you come across your eclipse photo sometime, I’d love to see it. Sending you mega dust for finding the perfect job. Beautiful tree off your porch and nice you have some birds. My dad used to have a lot of bird feeders at their cabin in the mountains; he attempted in vain to keep the squirrels out of the bird food. Your Mac and Cheese sauce looks delicious. Sorry to hear you need a hysterectomy; I had endometriosis and felt 100% better after I had mine.

Hi Sharon. I hope you are dong well.

Take care.
Marcy

Reactions: AV_

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kate, great looking places.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Good Morning!

Finally, no rain in the forecast - 20ºC - 23ºC - 26ºC - or so the story goes. This weekend will be properly enjoyed, one way or another. I am finally OK, knock wood.

@missy I sure do have some explaining to do re. eating, even without any dietary restrictions - just because I am two thirds or so of just about anyone else & cannot keep up. The tapas here saved me years of such embarassment - they are not quite a portion even for me. People close to me have given up already - or seem to be happy at my being happy with my way of life, odd as it might look; it is a foreighner's priviledge, I hear.

@marcy 'Got cheese, got chocolate, got wine - running out of fruit & I should interest myself in some semblance of cooking today. TBD.

starting the day...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results