shape
carat
color
clarity

Brian Gavin melee

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve been playing around with ideas for a ring, but this time I wanted 20 pointers and I color for side stones, so I searched Brian Gavin’s website knowing he starts at .18 pointers for loose diamonds.

I bought 3. I’m trying to pull a project together in my head and so I’ll probably need 6, but will be saving up for this etc. Buy the pieces and then make the ring.

Here is the first round:
1CEA7DC7-79BB-4317-B799-0437BE1753EC.jpeg
01A3FC0E-65F4-4A08-98CD-8057DA5B3D9C.jpeg
2F95C4CA-E79D-4DDD-9136-BECAC93619CB.jpeg
I’m taking a chance on the H because the measurements are good and it’s BG.

He is also running an 8% off promotion for stones .18-.99ctw so that almost offset taxes, which I don’t mind paying because I’m a good citizen in a red state and we need it.

Emily helped me with them.

I’m not quite sure what I’m setting yet or how I want to design it, so this will be fun to play with and think about... how the parts relate to the whole.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Exciting! Can't wait to see your creation. And you know it's BG so those diamonds will be soo gorgeous and sparkly!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm liking the angles/measurements - should be nice and fiery! :))

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm liking the angles/measurements - should be nice and fiery! :))
I can’t wait to see them, and they will be delivered tomorrow. The only issue is that I get deliveries as late as 9:30ish so I may not be posting them until Friday morning.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a note... they haven’t arrived yet.

We had severe weather yesterday and I think Fed Ex held their trucks for a while, so they didn’t make it to my house yesterday,

Waiting, waiting, waiting for a delivery today.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m really starting to hate fed ex.

Delivery has been rescheduled to Monday. Driver lied and said attempted delivery at 6 pm. and you know, since I have a broken leg and obliterated knee, I’ve been sitting here looking at the dang front door and there has been no delivery attempt.
image.jpg

So now I have to get someone to drive me to the next town tomorrow to go get it.

They better give BG a shipping refund.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate it when delivery drivers don't show up, but don't forget their schedule and amount of work is dictated by the depot, who often give them unrealistic targets to hit!

Perhaps say you are disappointed by fedex's failure but that you hope realistic driver scheduling is taking place :)

On a side note, I love your big windows and colour choice for the walls! :))

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate it when delivery drivers don't show up, but don't forget their schedule and amount of work is dictated by the depot, who often give them unrealistic targets to hit!

Perhaps say you are disappointed by fedex's failure but that you hope realistic driver scheduling is taking place :)

On a side note, I love your big windows and colour choice for the walls! :))

Yes, of course. I get quite prissy these days. o_O

The color came out darker in the pic than IRL. It’s Benjamin Moore Taos Taupe. :bigsmile:

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
Those are so perfect! I have a five stone with .20ct stones and wish they were as pretty as these!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh man. I don't even have a project in mind, but this thread makes me want to get a couple of these as pet stones! :D They are awesome!

Yes, right. On down days, you can take them out and play with them! Lol

I’ve been having a pity party, but these have made me smile today.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are so perfect! I have a five stone with .20ct stones and wish they were as pretty as these!

That is a great idea. If I don’t use them for what I am hoping to, I could always make a 5 stone band.

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
Lol exactly - and best wishes for your recovery, I definitely can't think of a better remedy than bling for being housebound :D

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol exactly - and best wishes for your recovery, I definitely can't think of a better remedy than bling for being housebound :D

You speak the truth lol

I can play with all my melee colored stones too. Everyone plays nicely together.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
@whitewave those are so pretty!

I am really sorry you are in the spot you are in and I hope you heal up soon.

And what a crappy fedex driver. Just saying.

RayRay

Shiny_Rock
They’re beautiful! And love the entry and color choice too! That’s the exact color I’ve been looking for for our hall bath...I’ll have to write it down!

GeliL

Shiny_Rock
They are so sparkly! I've been into diamonds lately and lusting over BG diamonds. Looks delicious :geek2:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I may ask the question, how do .20ct stones work out as studs?

The good lady just wears (terrible, dark, unsparkly) CZs in silver settings at the moment, so I would like to upgrade her (so I can have something else to distract me, other than her CBI stone ;-) :lol: ) but I'm concerned that 4mm stones might be too small?? :???:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The good lady just wears (terrible, dark, unsparkly) CZs in silver settings at the moment, so I would like to upgrade her (so I can have something else to distract me, other than her CBI stone ;-) :lol: ) but I'm concerned that 4mm stones might be too small?? :???:

I have 1.4 carat tw studs from blue Nile that I upgraded from .88 ctw. Honestly, I LOVED the .88 because they were E color and ideal cut so the were very sparkly. Honestly I thought I would top out at 1.2 ctw, so was a little unsure when I upgraded to the 1.4 F. I don’t have a lot of earlobe real estate, so I thought the 1.4 would be the end all be all.

Guess what? DSS has begun, and I think I could do larger, but likely won’t. I think I’d rather get super ideal cushion shaped jackets.

But getting back to your question: I LOVED those .88ctw for the year I had them and really didn’t think they were small because they had so much presence. I only think they were small once I saw the glam in 1.4 ctw.

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
B7B9FA8B-1CD5-461A-B37A-C98084067D90.jpeg 59DA0E2F-0C48-4D9C-8349-06B2777798A5.jpeg

Here are some studs that are just about .25ct each, measuring ~3.9mm. I had them reset from a four prong basket into a bezel setting for my sister last Christmas. I do think the bezel makes them look quite a bit bigger.

I think they’re a lovely every day size (although I did reset mine into pendants and wear 1ctw studs now)

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Video. I didn’t want to take them out of the
Container since the crutches etc so give it a minute and you will see the stone fire. But first you get blinded my the magnet fire.

Lord knows if I played around and dropped them— I wouldn’t be able to kneel down to find them.

https://instagram.com/p/BwkaKo3Be46/

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your replies @whitewave and @jbake! :))

The video shows them looking great, with discernable contrast patterns and loads of fire :) and the bezel-set earrings are really nice - I'm inclined to agree that the bezel helps them look larger while not dominating them! I have been inclined towards the three-prong settings but now you have me reconsidering :)

Oh, and I just realised - I probably could have phrased my earlier post better...
...The good lady just wears (terrible, dark, unsparkly) CZs in silver settings at the moment, so I would like to upgrade her (so I can have something else to distract me, other than her CBI stone ;-) :lol: )...

:lol:

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
Awesome video @whitewave !! In terms of performance, does the size difference make it hard to compare to your CBIs?

And lol @OoohShiny at the upgrade comment - and a vote for the bezeled studs!! I think they would look awesome, I've been a fan of that look ever since I saw Angelina Jolie with this pair:
AJ studs.jpg

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome video @whitewave !! In terms of performance, does the size difference make it hard to compare to your CBIs?

And lol @OoohShiny at the upgrade comment - and a vote for the bezeled studs!! I think they would look awesome, I've been a fan of that look ever since I saw Angelina Jolie with this pair:
AJ studs.jpg

Well, they certainly have that edge to edge fire and scintillation that CBI has.

But, I’m not upgrading these and CBI wins hands down for that. Plus, CBI doesn’t cut I color small stones (and none .20 size). They do have luxe melee, which may include larger sizes (I think technically .20 might not be melee).

I’m very happy with these stones!!

As for my CBI— well, when they distract you in low light from the last season of Game of Thrones— well; that’s special.

5A2759B5-A60F-4CC3-B597-3F1A9665292C.jpeg B3BA7F3F-CC6F-4E95-94FA-3D94FCAF764D.jpeg 65B6D28A-FA8B-4785-AA76-E3F8F98F4356.jpeg
Blurry, but you get the idea

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results