shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice please! Would you buy from this seller?

Aaliyah

Rough_Rock
This is my first thread here so I don't know if I posted it in the right section.

I'm looking for a diamond solitaire pendant for my upcoming birthday and I found this one on Etsy that I really like. The thing is that I've never bought anything on there before and I'm afraid to get scammed although the seller has many positive reviews.
It's a 0.5ct G SI2, very good cut. Is it too good for the price or would you buy it? Help please..:roll

https://www.etsy.com/se-en/listing/634873916/diamond-necklace-14k-yellow-gold-diamond?ref=cart

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The seller has over 1,000 sales so can be trusted.
The seller accepts returns if you don’t like it, so can be trusted.
You pay with PayPal. This protects you, you can get your money back if nothing is received.
One thing though, the photo is probably “stock” meaning not the actual diamond you’ll receive. The diamond is state to be SI2 clarity so it’s likely you will be able to see some inclusions with the unaided eye.
However, the price is good in my opinion.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perhaps I missed it but the G SI2 grade is from what lab?

I don't see a lab listed so my guess is self graded which makes the price much less favorable as you do not know the true grade. Doesn't mean this might not still be a good purchase but just something to be cognizant of.

Aaliyah

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your replies!
Yes, it seems to be self graded. But there's a return policy so I'm thinking that I could take it to my local jeweler to check it and if it doesn't hold up, return it.. Hopefully.

Of course I would prefer to buy from a more trustworthy retailer but I don't have much to choose from where I live. What would you do with my limited budget of about $800?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your replies!
Yes, it seems to be self graded. But there's a return policy so I'm thinking that I could take it to my local jeweler to check it and if it doesn't hold up, return it.. Hopefully.

Of course I would prefer to buy from a more trustworthy retailer but I don't have much to choose from where I live. What would you do with my limited budget of about $800?

Personally, I think it’s not desirable to buy something from somewhere and then have a local jeweler give an opinion.

Maybe show the local jeweler and ask if he/she can make one for the same price.

Aaliyah

Rough_Rock
Personally, I think it’s not desirable to buy something from somewhere and then have a local jeweler give an opinion.

Maybe show the local jeweler and ask if he/she can make one for the same price.

If I take it to the jeweler, it is only to see that the diamond and gold check as so.
It would probably cost at least three times the price for my local jeweler to make a similar one. It's incredibly expensive here. :(2

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
This is my first thread here so I don't know if I posted it in the right section.

I'm looking for a diamond solitaire pendant for my upcoming birthday and I found this one on Etsy that I really like. The thing is that I've never bought anything on there before and I'm afraid to get scammed although the seller has many positive reviews.
It's a 0.5ct G SI2, very good cut. Is it too good for the price or would you buy it? Help please..:roll

https://www.etsy.com/se-en/listing/634873916/diamond-necklace-14k-yellow-gold-diamond?ref=cart

If this was a multi thousand dollar purchase ... I might advise against it .... but for $800 and the protection of PayPal ... seller reputation is good .... reviews are great ... I think it might be worth a shot. Normally I would say run away from a self-graded stone as fast as you can ... but ... it does give you a lower price, and the diamond is not that large that imperfections would scream ... I would almost be concerned whether it was really “natural earth mined” as the seller states ... almost ... it’s $800 .... although it may be better to go with lightbox if this turns out to be lab-created, the difference is still not enough to worry about over the long term.

If it was me? I think I would go with a lightbox pendant but not the one with the hole drilled through it because it doesn’t lie flat. You could add a couple hundred maybe and go for a one carat from them ... if they have one in a style that you like - again would advise against the one that will not lie flat unless you don’t mind that look (they have matching earrings that might be really pretty) and if they ever have one in stock ... For the half carat ... they have them right now for $500.

Or I would suggest getting something pre-loved.

In a million years, I never thought I would say something promoting a DeBeers company, but on this budget ... hey ... it’s not the right forum either but it is my advice ...
https://lightboxjewelry.com/collect...itaire-pendant_white_sterling-silver_0-5carat

Lightbox is notorious so far for being sold out of items and not notifying people who are on the wait lists ... they’re just starting out and in the process of building a factory somewhere, so I guess this will be a problem for the next while ...

I think that’s what I would do.

Happy Birthday!!!! :wavey:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I tried to go to B2C jewels to price out an H SI2 pendant and this happened when I chose the style...

D8BD3805-D4B7-40E7-A08B-48C6F74A0581.png

So IDK if that is just my iPad or what?

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I tried to go to B2C jewels to price out an H SI2 pendant and this happened when I chose the style...

D8BD3805-D4B7-40E7-A08B-48C6F74A0581.png

So IDK if that is just my iPad or what?

What? LOL .... I just went to B2C on my iPad and all looked ok ... what exactly did you click on?? Ended up with “getbread” something or another file ... lol ... if you tell me exactly what you did, I’ll try to replicate ... you using Safari on your iPad?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What? LOL .... I just went to B2C on my iPad and all looked ok ... what exactly did you click on?? Ended up with “getbread” something or another file ... lol ... if you tell me exactly what you did, I’ll try to replicate ... you using Safari on your iPad?

I went to make your own pendant after I clicked on diamonds on the main page, then I clicked on the first choice and it went to that. Yes, safari, thanks!!

Aaliyah

Rough_Rock
I also checked that site and I got a price within budget for a 0.45ct I Si2 XXX plus GIA certificate. The thing is that if I ship it to Sweden they add a few hundreds of dollars more so it's way over budget.. I wish I was in the US. :cry2:

GeliL

Shiny_Rock
I have purchased from them before. Not a diamond but an emerald ring. I didn't like the emerald, but the owners were gracious and accepted the return. They also offered to set a different emerald on it, so I think you can give it a try?

Aaliyah

Rough_Rock
I have purchased from them before. Not a diamond but an emerald ring. I didn't like the emerald, but the owners were gracious and accepted the return. They also offered to set a different emerald on it, so I think you can give it a try?

Are you talking about the Etsy seller? What didn't you like about the emerald? Thanks for your input! =)2

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
I went to make your own pendant after I clicked on diamonds on the main page, then I clicked on the first choice and it went to that. Yes, safari, thanks!!

It worked properly for me ... geez .. that’s a weird one!!! Is it persisting? Did you access B2C directly or through a link on another site like PS?

I guess it’s not worth being concerned about at all ... as long as it’s not part of a bigger computer problem for you @whitewave! ... but it did give me something to do for a few minutes :wink2:

(Sorry for the thread jack PSrs ... but this has me going, lol)

GeliL

Shiny_Rock
Yes, the Etsy seller. I wanted something cute and affordable, it was late at night and I got tempted, lol.
The emerald was small, which I knew, but the color was faint and had a large window despite being so small. I have tiny emeralds, it just doesn't compare with the ones I have.
If you are overseas, thinking about the complications of returning it, I would advise against it.

Aaliyah

Rough_Rock
Yes, the Etsy seller. I wanted something cute and affordable, it was late at night and I got tempted, lol.
The emerald was small, which I knew, but the color was faint and had a large window despite being so small. I have tiny emeralds, it just doesn't compare with the ones I have.
If you are overseas, thinking about the complications of returning it, I would advise against it.

I see. Good thing that you got a refund. Yes, it complicates things a lot that I'm overseas. You have so many choices over there but here it's more expensive and we don't get to pick a diamond and a setting like for example B2C jewels and James Allen offer.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results