shape
carat
color
clarity

My 0.80 H VVS2 CBI grandbaby (grandmother?)—the seedling!

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@KristinTech how did you capture that??? I've taken literally thousands of pictures over the past 4 yrs of my CBI and have NEVER been able to capture what I see....which is what you see, and captured. :roll

@SandyinAnaheim — I was sitting with my back against a picture window with wide wood slat blinds. This day was very sunny and the CBI was in the shade.... I am really not sure why it worked for me on Sunday—I have tried many times before to capture the “rolling rainbows!” The only thing that I can think of is I had my hand was positioned just perfectly between sun and shade slats. Usually my iPhone blurs the ring since it’s so intense! :love:

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
@KristinTech thanks for the tip. I'll have to try that and see if I can capture something similar. I just got a new phone, so maybe it will work better, once I learn how to use it... :oops:

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DD93E4E7-0746-4172-BE02-52EB607E68DC.png

Introducing.... my new baby! And she sleeps through the night! :lol:

A little background... this summer I was interested in starting to save toward a “starter” superideal. The thought was that I would trade up toward a “forever stone” for our 20th anniversary in fall 2020. I had a little nest egg started and my husband said, “Why don’t I match your funds and pick one out for our anniversary as a surprise? :appl: Yeah! That sounds Iike a plan to me! I hadn’t thought he’d be interested in that until next anniversary. So far, he’s on board with this slow progression toward The 20th anniversary bling. :halo:

I gave him 5-6 ideas for settings. We agreed that this ring setting should be very inexpensive and would be used for a CS ring for our 10-year old for a birthday or Christmas. I wanted rose gold. And 10K gold in order to save a bit of money. Ultimately, I will want the diamond descendant to be set in platinum. :mrgreen2: Many of you helped me decide how to set this one—how to come up with a plan to avoid a wasted setting.

He picked out this Stuller rope setting from the group I emailed—he always likes curvy/twisted designs like this! I think it will look nice with a garnet or something next year—I may be asking the CS forum for help with that at some point!

On to pics!

I love your plan and your ring! I might do something similar while I save up for my dream ring. Is 10k working out well? Are there any downsides to 10k?

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m used to platinum... this particular ring is very lightweight, which was the plan (inexpensive). I don’t see or feel any difference from the 14K yellow gold I own. I knew from the beginning that I would only have this setting for one year. I didn’t actually put too much thought into it, just a sort of “ring holder” for me and something my dd would like with a garnet afterward. :mrgreen2: I’m not too terribly hard on my rings, but I’ve worn this daily since October and I don’t see any wear and tear on it!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m used to platinum... this particular ring is very lightweight, which was the plan (inexpensive). I don’t see or feel any difference from the 14K yellow gold I own. I knew from the beginning that I would only have this setting for one year. I didn’t actually put too much thought into it, just a sort of “ring holder” for me and something my dd would like with a garnet afterward. :mrgreen2: I’m not too terribly hard on my rings, but I’ve worn this daily since October and I don’t see any wear and tear on it!

Super! Thanks!

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
And another update to this thread, for those searching old CBI threads! I linked the “grandma” diamond above— and today I sent the grandmother back to HPD for two golden girl friends to hang out with in a three-stone anniversary ring. :appl:

I think this thread is really beneficial in my initial observations of how superideals “go dark” and the “did I break my diamond” threads that get started the first time someone who is newly engaged heads out in the direct sun. :)

And since I bad-mouthed my original engagement oval earlier in this thread, let’s start with some pics of my wedding stack that I wear everyday...

F658C583-55D5-496E-98EF-9C08F4AD5BFE.jpeg 0513D7CD-7154-47FA-8527-30D9683CEC09.jpeg C5BA69A1-5377-41E8-8021-9BCE937B4971.jpeg
Isn’t that oval awesome? :) I still love it so much. It just looks “right” on my left hand. :lol-2:

These are not the best photos of my 1.23 E SI2 CBI, but I took them in the same setting (my hammock!) on a shaded afternoon sunny day. Can you imagine what the three-stone will look like?! I can’t wait for the light show. The stone sizes will be .44/1.23/.45 E. The setting will be in platinum. I am so excited about it! Our 20th anniversary is next month.
299BA6DA-70E1-4C42-A5B5-7B52DB2553DD.jpeg B65BDAE3-A2E8-4B8C-8A49-099396B05166.jpeg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't wait to see this! It's going to be beautifully balanced and just lush!

And I agree. That oval is faboosh!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results