shape
carat
color
clarity

Salt and pepper 2.7 caret, propose this week!

justaonetimedeal

Rough_Rock
I don't really peruse jewelry forums, but I've had a lot of fun working with my jeweler to get this made and wanted to share. From picking out the stone, to the setup, etc. My girlfriend really loves the dark salt and pepper diamonds and this type of setting, at least according to her Pinterest board. I'm really happy with how it turned out from the pictures (maybe ever-so-slightly worried about shank thickness, which I didn't know was a concern until I Googled myself into these forums after having the ring created, but it's warrantied), and can't wait to see her reaction when I propose sometime this week! Just have to wait for it to arrive in the mail...

IMG_1118.jpg

Head On.jpg Profile.jpg Top Down.jpg

Attachments

• Basket.jpg
    Basket.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 59

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I am worried about the fault line that seems to run across the stone, it is already marked by a break in the surface (cca 4 o'clock), so no real mystery what it is. I am not surprised that this crystal had serious internal strain & snapped half-way through. Obwiously, it has survived polishing even so & will not fall apart by itself - it will take one hit.

Then, I have been wrong before.

justaonetimedeal

Rough_Rock
I am worried about the fault line that seems to run across the stone, it is already marked by a break in the surface (cca 4 o'clock), so no real mystery what it is. I am not surprised that this crystal had serious internal strain & snapped half-way through. Obwiously, it has survived polishing even so & will not fall apart by itself - it will take one hit.

Then, I have been wrong before.

Oh no! The black "slice" going through the center? I kind of liked the uniqueness of having a "center of the galaxy"/black hole/"time warp" type look. I was aware going in that salt and pepper diamonds do tend to be more fragile... but hopefully not a one-knock-and-done type deal. I do have it insured with VPP from my homeowners insurance... but let's not go there, I don't even have the ring yet :) But this kind of feedback is definitely appreciated.

Added a bottom-up picture:

Basket.jpg

Last edited:

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
The ring is lovely, and so unique. Good luck, the anticipation is fun! :))

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, pretty ring! The worst stress on the stone is during cutting and setting and you have it insured so I don't think you need to stress too much (maybe check the fine print on your insurance to be on the safe side). Since she likes this style she probably knows it needs to be treated gently. :)

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, pretty ring!
And kudos to you for going thru her Pinterest to see what she enjoyed.
Best wishes!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Insurance is a good idea.
Included diamonds are not essentially more fragile. I expect problems from a plane-like feature that may invite a split.

I agree that the diamond is a nice example of the species.

(for fun: a diamond cloud www)

CheeSauce

Shiny_Rock
This is absolutely beautiful!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This ring is amazing! It’s absolutely captivating from every single angle & your lady is going to love it!

Whilst I too see the slight hairline, as @bludiva says, the most vulnerable time is polishing & setting, so relax. Cracking diamonds without feathers or fractures can happen to anyone - I cracked a diamond in my original engagement ring that had no fracture there. Any diamond, caught at the wrong angle on a hard enough surface, can crack. Insurance is good to have - my company we’re fabulous & swift to deal with.

So let her enjoy this glorious ring & don’t stress. And please come back with hand shots!

justaonetimedeal

Rough_Rock
Insurance is a good idea.
Included diamonds are not essentially more fragile. I expect problems from a plane-like feature that may invite a split.

I agree that the diamond is a nice example of the species.

(for fun: a diamond cloud www)

That inclusion looks like a supernova exploding - amazing!

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
Very beautiful ring! I wouldn’t worry about the shank thickness either ... it’s lovely!!!

Maybe just have your fiancée avoid hard labour while wearing it, lol. You see where I’m going with that ... it’s unlikely that she will ever wear a ring with that style in a highly demanding situation (on purpose) and assume that you designed the ring with her lifestyle in mind ... so with a bit of care, I would expect the stone and the ring to be just fine! Most people go pretty easy on their fine jewelry (some don’t!) .... I find it helps to wear the ring on my non-dominant hand (why I got mine for my left middle finger instead of right ring finger - made that mistake before).

Congratulations!

:wavey:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful and different ring! Pls come back with handshots!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can’t wait to see handshots! It’s a very intriguing stone and beautiful ring.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's a beautiful setting and really complements the center stone! It's more of an artisanal look. As others said having mele in that thin of a shank makes for a more delicate ring style so wear and enjoy, but maybe not wear 24/7

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@justaonetimedeal this is sensational! I am sure she will love it! Truly unique and special. Please come back and post hand shots!

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
That setting is so beautiful! There are vintage pearl e-rings sitting in antique shops proving that a delicate ring can still last if well cared for, and that diamond is going to be no where near as fussy as a pearl. Congrats on your engagement!

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yay! Congratulations!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful on her, best wishes!!

What vendor did you use for the stone? I really like hers.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very very cool ring! Congratulations!

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
it looks amazing on her finger!!

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful on her, and looking at her phone case in the last pic I can get a sense of her aesthetic :) Congratulations!

prinsad

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It looks amazing!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is SO COOL! I absolutely love it, and her style. Well done to you for knowing and going with what she loves!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: LOVE this! Congrats on the gorgeous ring & engagement! :clap:

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a lovely ring! You are a gem to take the time to find the style she loves. I could stare into that galaxy for days!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results