color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

AV_

Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean Hanami season!
@av Yes! It’s a shame for all those pretty petals to go to waste! I could channel Martha Stewart and have a garden party under the tree!

Reactions: AV_

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean... or a thousand years worth of Japanese poetry .) I am a sucker for fruit trees in flower - only oranges are left around here.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Your weekend sounds like fun @AV_ and a great distraction from all your recent hard work. Did you manage to stay up late enough to enjoy it all?

:dance:To the roofers turning up today @Mamabean, I hope they’ve cracked on and done a good job. How’re feeling, any better yet? I hope the meat loaves turned out well, I bet the house smells great, but I hear you on dealing with that much meat. Your carpet of cherry blossom looks so pretty.

Glad Marty enjoyed the welcome home committee @marcy. Has he heard of Eddie Hall, The Beast? He’s a British strongman that lifted 500kgs, which I think is still a world record :shock: Just mind boggling.

Sounds like you really enjoyed your time watching the golf @junebug17 , shame you weren’t there to see Tiger win, what a comeback! I should check if Oven Pride suddenly has a spike in overseas sales :lol:

Wow to covering all those miles @missy, truly back in the saddle after the winter break. Hope you’ve had a safe journey back to the city, and that your OT session goes well tomorrow.

I hope you’re enjoying your Grandma time with Autumn @Tekate

Richard turned up this morning to fix the shower. It should’ve been a relatively easy fix, but of course, nothing’s ever easy!

No instructions of course, but I figured out how the pieces fitted together, so he fixed that, put it all back together, switched it on, and there was water leaking out of the front. :???: So he took it apart, tightened up some parts, tried again, nope still leaking out of the front. I asked if he thought it was the cartridge, and he said possibly. He had one in his van, so he went and got it. He needed to switch the water off at the mains, and yep, you’ve guessed, he couldn’t turn it off. So he had to go out to the road, and switch it off there.

He replaced the cartridge, and phew, it was working and no leaks. :lol:

We went to Costco this afternoon, Colin bought some Ring lights last week, but they weren’t bright enough, and the Wi-fi signal wasn’t strong enough by the garage.

Big wave and hugs to all the lovely NIRDIS.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Calliecake Did you make a decision about what car you’re going to buy? I talked to a few people (strangers in parking lots :lol-2:) who own cars I’m thinking about. I asked a lady who owned a Mercedes 350 if she was happy with her car. She said she loves it but it was a 2010...and she didn’t like the style of the newer 350’s. Darn! I like the old style better..of course. I need an suv..but I think you want a coupe? I LOVE the look of the Range Rover..but like I said before..no way....:cry2:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Austina I did last through midnight in town yesterday & I am busted ,) Wednesday evening is supposed to be especially nice, and Friday I have an invitation to take up, so better keep quiet inbetween.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Austina I did last through midnight in town yesterday & I am busted ,) Wednesday evening is supposed to be especially nice, and Friday I have an invitation to take up, so better keep quiet inbetween.
Good! You need to have fun now! Rest up!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean ... true enough, but - there is all this reading! (Google makes perfect conversation about theory - it likes to cut through paradox & so do I; we'd make the perfect couple - www ,) It is past midnight & I AM ONLY STARTING (or so it feels)

Uh...

This is my bliss, in fact .)

There should be chores tomorrow, since none got done today: fixing a dress for the Easter invites & well, groceries - Google doesn't bring those in (delivery is an alien concept around here, although a few stores pretend). I like that ring's design if not the caustic text.

__

Good night NIRDI :sleep: (for when the hour is right, sure enough)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Joanne, I just gave away from white bundt pan a few months ago. Fun pan. It sounds like your oven was very full and nice to have some extra in case they need more food sometime. I hope you start to feel better SOON!!! Your cherry blossom trees are gorgeous; the pedals don’t look like fun to gather up though. Thank you for the congratulations for Marty. He was amused and pleased about the medals I put on the stuffed fur babies. We had about 10 killer rabbits, about 2 dozen teddy bears and about 5 stuffed Snoopy. I did like stuffed animals as a kid; guess I didn’t outgrow it. Sending holiday cards was something my mom always did to our relatives so once I got married I started doing it as well. It keeps us in touch with everyone; I’m not much for talking on the phone. How exciting your roofers are there! It is interesting the difference in Mercedes made in different years. We had 3 different Audi A6’s; the 2010 was by far not impressive. The 2013 was the best one of the three and noticeably so.

Missy, you guys got a lot of miles on your bike this weekend. Nice. The nice thing about most chores they will wait. I used to be way more organized on getting cards out but I try. It keeps me in contact with relatives. Great pictures especially BoBo.

AV, thanks for the info; I thought of Palm Sunday later. That’s great there are so many things going on this week. It sounds like a lot of fun.

Austina, yes Marty knew right away about Eddie Hall, the Beast. He converted the weights to pounds for me and said he will not ever deadlift that much weight. He did enjoy his welcome home committee. What a chore to get your shower fixed; but glad it finally worked. Your Costco trip sounds fun.

We gave 2 of my employee appraisals today. One was easy (decent scores) and the other not so much. My nasty lady is getting her appraisal tomorrow. I guess she got in a fight with a co-worker on Friday. They hear her screaming on the other side of the cube farm.

I got another 20 year work anniversary gift today. It’s a Mount Blanc pin. Marty said it wasn’t one of their high end ones but it’s pretty nice. They have me listed as Marcy and Marcella several places so I wonder if they think there are 2 employees? Too bad I don’t get 2 checks.

We went out for supper. Both of us had individual thin crust pizzas. Tasty.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

Before I forget @Tekate wants me to say hi from her to all of you NIRDIs. She misses everyone but is very busy with her sweet granddaughter and family and right now is just enjoying all the love. She will be back soon though and wants me to send hugs to all of you. So (((HUGS))).

Back in NYC today and off to OT soon. My allergies are in full force these past few days and it's not fun. How are you feeling @Mamabean? I hope you are feeling much better. How did all your cooking go? Are you still cooking? Yay the roofers showed up. That is sweet when workmen show up as promised. And almost surprising too lol.

Speaking of workmen @Austina so glad your plumbing fix is complete and you are so right. Things rarely go smoothly but the fact that it is fixed is wonderful and only with one visit. That hardly happens here for us lol so woohoo and congrats.

@Mamabean yup Greg's organizational skills are pretty impressive and as organized as he is I am the complete opposite.:lol-2: #Funny/Not funny :P2 ::)
And if you turn vegetarian let's talk. Maybe consider going Pescetarian unless you loathe fish. Which I know some people do. I wish I could go back to being Vegan I really do but that might never be possible again due to the inflammatory reaction legumes/beans/grains cause in my body. Anyway happy cooking and hoping you are feeling well.

@Sandeek any updates? I think that color is gorgeous on you and you look beautiful in that dress. Hope the rest of your day was productive and that you have fun plans continuing for this week. Sending you more hugs and love and healing thoughts.

@AV_ haha yes I love diamonds and fog and our little panther too. That little leopard kitty is amazing as well. I honestly would be happy with a household of fur babies but I know it would be too much traveling back and forth with more than 4 kitties. They barely fit in our car now when we travel to and from the beach. One more would put us over the proverbial edge. How did your window "workout" go yesterday? And I love reading everything you write. Palm Sunday sounded like fun and the week leading up to Easter sounds like it will be enjoyable as well. Lots of small parties.

@marcy congrats on 20 years at your current job. Good luck with the nasty employee appraisal today. At least you are getting it over with and soon you can say whew. Nice that they got you a gift. Yes 2 checks would be even sweeter lol. I like the name Marcella and Marcy. Is Marcy your legal name or is it Marcella? I will always think of you as Marcy however. Individual thin crust pizza sounds yummy.
pizza.gif

Yesterday was a busy day and we arrived back here relatively early as traffic was light so that was good. It was nice taking baths the past 3 days and being at the beach house. The weather looks sort of iffy for the rest of the week and weekend so not sure what our plans will be. Originally we were thinking of heading back there Thursday through mid next week and taking the ferry in for our annual physical appointments this coming Monday but if it is going to be a rainy patch (as the meteorologists are now predicting) we will stay here instead. We will see. Off to OT soon. Have a good day all!

Leaving you with a view of the Verrazano engulfed in a heavy fog. View from our backyard yesterday. Cool.

Screen Shot 2019-04-16 at 6.42.55 AM.png

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@marcy Cards are good. Since closing FB I am getting requests for pictures just around the times of year when cards used to be the thing.

@missy Beautiful view! true enough, each day this week is a small holiday & it sure is somethign else when everyone gets it in the same time & they shut down half the city too. Fun is taken very, very seriously - so I am trying my best to do as locals do ,)

It looks like I am too old to go out each evening - unless I crash for the rest of the time! I got some work until well past midnight yesterday, and had much of today to turn the house upside down (& back again) for a celebration-worthy cleaning - so relaxing... although a dozen or so muscles are on stryke on account.

There are letters to work through tomorrow & evening in town...

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy Omg..The Verrazano Bridge would have me so nervous when I had to drive over it! The lanes are so narrow! I think I would be a little less nervous driving over it now..but I wouldn’t like it!
Your view from your back yard is amazing! I would be outside all the time! Watching moving water is so relaxing. I say moving water because we have a pond in the back of our house in Pa. It’s pretty but I have to wait for a windy day to see the water move! :lol:
D012190A-3DCD-4D0D-BE85-34CBB7811A19.jpeg
611B517B-6D51-4777-8AA1-C541E9B1E6E4.jpeg
984F302C-68A1-41B3-A200-C5187E6F1956.jpeg
Two of my close friends moved to Rehoboth Beach, DE..They don’t live on the water but can walk to it..They love it..My second house has a creek at the end of the street..but I really wanted to live on the Bay...He wanted to be in town..I’m still hoping to change his mind but I don’t think he’ll budge..Your backyard is my dream view! :love:
@Sandeek Did you post a photo of your dress? That’s great that you found something pretty!
My meat loaf talk is finished after this! :lol: I drove the food over and was met by a little boy in the parking lot. He wanted to help me carry all the food into the house. The home is run by two sisters (not religious) whose mother bought the house for the homeless. She has since died but asked her daughters to carry on her mission when she passed on. They work tirelessly running a home and haven for fifteen formerly homeless men. The sisters bring their grandchildren because I see little children playing outside sometimes. A little boy, who had to be around six years old, told me he was there to help me bring in the food. He said he likes to help the people in the house. The house is warm but worn..It looks and feels like love when you visit...They planted a little garden with flowers outside to make it homey and inviting for the men. They have to have a job to live there..and can only stay for two years to get on their feet and save money. They are then released back into the community where they work with money in the bank and pride in what they accomplished. It’s amazing to see..

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, thanks for passing on the message from Kate. How was OT? I hate to hear about your allergies. We don’t have buds on anything yet so I’m still about normal. Okay, I’m not normal but you know what i mean. It seems like I’ve been working there forever. I did get the last appraisal over with; such an unpleasant task. Marcella is my given name but I’ve gone by Marcy since junior high school. Grade school friends and relatives generally call me Marcella. Cute pizza gif. Nice picture of the cool fog. It’s becoming the rainy season for sure.

Hi Kate! It sounds like you are having a great time.

AV, I think a note card or holiday card is a nice way to let someone know you are thinking about them. I am still on FB but post things like sunrise photos, astronomy news or where we are eating. Real person stuff. I’m with you on not being about to stay out or up late. I hope your muscles get over their strike.

Joanne, the view from your house in PA is peaceful and very pretty. Viewing the ocean is one of my favorite things too. What an amazing story about the house and helping homeless men get on their feet. I love the little boy was waiting to hp you carry food in to the house.

I am finished with giving out the dreaded appraisals. I will follow up tomorrow with everyone a quick my thoughts speech then move on. Marty was napping when but I think he passed out from eating too much food - holy stack of dirty dishes waiting for me.

I am down to less than 2 weeks before my earrings get here. How exciting.

Take care.
Marcy

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean The sisters! What they are doing takes serious guts.

Your backyard is beautiful & I would aslo move out to be near the sea in a NY minute ,)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@AV_ yes I think we all need to take fun seriously. Fun is serious business and what is life without it? I always try to take a humorous point of view because seeing things with a sense of humor makes it all easier. Oh I wish I had your motivation to clean the house. It needs straightening up as I have not done a thing for the past 6 weeks. However it will have to wait as I am just not feeling well. Hope you had a good night's sleep and are getting a head start on all your chores.

@Mamabean I love your property. It's peaceful and tranquil. I hear you re moving water however and there is nothing as relaxing as hearing the ocean waves and smelling the sea IMO. I love it. Your backyard is beautiful and it's a lovely home you have too. I remember the gorgeous photos from inside. :love: Yay for getting all the cooking done. Nice job Joanne. And I am sure the men greatly appreciate all your hard work. Hope you are feeling all better now.

@marcy congrats on being done with the dreaded employee appraisals. Nicely done. And woohoo less than 2 weeks before our, umm I mean your earrings arrive.:cheeky: Cannot wait. My allergies are being a real bear (haha bear more like killer rabbit) and they have never been worse. I do not know how I am going to get through this season. It's surreal how bad they are right now. Like a terrible cold that just won't abate. Sore thorat, running eyes, running nose all day. It seems better when I have the AC on at night but it's freezing and I cannot keep it on all day. LOL and OMG and ::)

@Sandeek hope you enjoyed a good afternoon yesterday and are feeling well. (((HUGS))).

OT was disappointing yesterday because I really couldn't do the strength exercises and the session was shorter than usual because I think she gave up on me yesterday... I am getting better each day with the dermatitis though it is hanging on...I lack strength in that finger but will start some new exercises as Greg brought home some finger strengthening tools he had kept in his office from his past OT experience. He probably needs hand surgery too because he has some torn ligaments in his thumb on both hands. The fun never stops lol. But we will see what the surgeon says as he has an appointment with him the same day I have my follow up appointment with the surgeon. All in the family. :???:

We briefly thought about heading to the beach for the day today to go cycling as it is the only decent weather day today for the next week or so but I am not up for it. So we will do something fun here instead as I am convicincing my dh to take the day and stay home with me today. Hope I am successful at convincing him.8) Busy day tomorrow with dermatologist appointment and OT and maybe fridge service appointment. Long story and I have not decided what to do yet.

Enjoy a beautiful day today girls and sending you all (((hugs))).

Leaving you with a pretty urban view.

Screen Shot 2019-04-17 at 6.38.26 AM.png

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy I love that urban view! I miss that! I used to hate to drive the Belt Parkway..but would love the view at night. I would never sell your beach house. You mentioned that you may move from Brooklyn one day..and would sell the beach house at the same time. I couldn’t do that with that gorgeous view..I can see if you move far away..but it would be so hard.
I’m sorry you’re not feeling well..You sound like what I had..but you say it’s allergies. Are you sure you’re not sick with a cold? I’ve been taking Airborne at the advice of a friend..for a while. It didn’t prevent me from getting the cold..but I noticed a big difference in the duration and the severity..I hope whatever it is gets better...Sorry your OT didn’t go well..but you can do things at home to help it along. Oh no Greg may need surgery too..
Do I remember you are having trouble with your Sub Zero refrigerator? What kind of problem are you having? I have one in Pa..but it has a cabinet facing attached to the front. It would be such a horrible hassle to get it out to fix..It also has the kick moulding across the whole wall..I don’t even want to think about it.
@marcy I’m glad you’re done with the appraisals. I would not enjoy having to do that...I bet you’re glad they’re over. Thank you for the compliments on my back yard. We can only see the pond in winter and early spring. The trees leaf out and vegetation fills in obstructing the view during summer. I asked the landscaper to trim some of the vegetation back there but it’s a no win situation....There’s so much deer here..and with that comes TICKS! I hate ticks..They creep me out. Once I came in and was sitting on the couch..I thought I felt a hair fall in front of my face and it was a tick! Fortunately it was looking for a place to settle..yuck..and didn’t attach yet. Another time I felt it on my skin and was able to pull it out with my fingers..GROSS! I took a pic of it and sent it to someone I found online who told me it wasn’t a tick that carried Lyme Disease..TG! How did I get into Pa’s tick problem?! They just creep me out..sorry
Well..I will be back later..I have a luncheon to go to today. I really don’t want to go but I’m seeing my two friends that are driving in from Rehoboth Beach to go..I’m happy to be able to see them. My other friend I’m disappointed in because her husband retired and now does everything with him..She lives close by but I don’t see her much anymore....If it was one of my other friends from Rehoboth that lived close by..I would be seeing more of them..:(2

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Mamabean I’m sorry your good friend doesn’t make time to spend with you. Maybe when she’s used to her DH being retired she’ll make it a priority to see you. Maybe she’s just getting used to the newness of him being home more? If I lived closer you’d see plenty of me lol. :cheeky:

It’s a long boring story re the subzero. During late summer of 2017 the fridge part broke and after months of aggravation we finally got it fixed properly. Our subzero is from 2003/4 so it’s old. Anyway all was well until last Friday. Greg got ice out to pack our cooler for the beach weekend (we take food with us so it doesn’t spoil) and all of a sudden the freezer went from -1 (factory set rec) to 3. I flipped because it was deja vu for me and brought back traumatic memories. It was a challenge to get it fixed correctly in 2017 and I don’t want to go through that aggravation again.

Anyway Greg vacuumed the condenser that Friday morning to see if it would help and I set it to -2 just to see if it would move it in the right direction. Fast forward to Friday evening we were at the beach house and we called our super and asked him to check the subzero freezer reading in Brooklyn. It was now at -2 which is where I set it. Whew ok so far so good.

We got back to Brooklyn Monday afternoon and it was still at -2 so far so good. I reset it to -1 which is the factory recommendation. Well it went to -7. You can imagine how I felt lol. So I called the only authorized repair place in our area and set up an appointment for this Thursday. Last time it took 3 weeks to get an appointment as they only come to Brooklyn Thursdays. But an appointment was available for this Thursday so I took it. The subzero freezer though went back to -1 about an hour after I set it to -1.

So summing up it went from -2 to -7 after I set it to -1 but after an hour went to the correct setting. So I’ve no clue what’s going on. Is it the motherboard that needs replacing? Do I want the repair person to come and take it apart potentially messing it up further given that at least for now it’s working? Idk what to do but am leaning towards canceling as tomorrow is a busy day. Dr appointment, OT and I’m feeling like cra*. And the repair person could come and make it worse if it’s not clear what’s wrong. Like in 2017 when it took many visits to figure it out.

To answer your cold vs allergy I’m pretty sure it’s allergy. It’s much better in the AC so that’s a clue and it also feels like an allergy albeit worse allergy I’ve ever experienced. Problem is I don’t know what I can safely take as I’m on literally 30 plus pills a day and I generally don’t react well to antihistamines. But later I’m heading out with Greg for a walk and will buy Loratadine and see how I do on it. I’m just feeling so blechhhhh. Nose won’t stop running, throat hurts and I didn’t sleep more than an hour or 2 interrupted last night. Lol aren’t you glad you asked. :P2

As for future plans: We probably won’t leave Brooklyn and tentative plans are to sell our beach house in our 80s and keep our Brooklyn home. However I’m keeping options open and always up for considering another more affordable area where we can stretch our dollar further. But the weather can’t be worse ie not warmer or colder and we must be near or on the ocean and near an urban environment as well. Lol the unicorn of neighborhoods and at an affordable cost too. Though going from NY/NJ to anywhere else would probably be an improvement. Just that the areas I love are super expensive so it wouldn’t make sense. Anyway my thoughts as they are now and I reserve to change my mind at any time. :whistle: :sun:

Sorry for the book. What are your future plans? I remember you mentioned them but I don’t recall the details. I hope you enjoy a nice day today Joanne and relax and recuperate from all your hard work. Enjoy lunch with your friends. (((Hugs)))

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

That sounds like a great programme to get men back into the community @Mamabean. I’ll bet your meatloaf went down a storm, I’d be surprised is there were any leftovers. How did the roof repair go, did they get it all sorted? That’s a great view from your back door, it looks very tranquil. I hope you enjoyed your lunch with your friends. How’s your cold, hopefully on the mend?

What a relief for you @marcy to get your appraisals over with. That was a nice surprise getting another gift for your 20th work anniversary. Not long to wait now for your earrings to arrive. Marty’s food coma made me :lol:

So glad you’ve got other things to look forward to this week @AV_ enjoy your evening out tonight.

I’m sorry you’re suffering with allergies @missy, as if you didn’t already have enough to contend with. Oh no to problems with the sub zero, I remember the palaver you had last time.

Sorry the OT appt didn’t go too well, I’m sure you’ll make improvements on your own as soon as the dermatitis clears up. You won’t let this beat you! Poor Greg, hope your appts go well tomorrow, and you got to spend a lovely day together.

Our weather is set to improve this week, they’re talking about 25 deg C, which is pretty warm for this time of the year.

We went and did our food shopping today as we’re out to lunch tomorrow, and Friday being Good Friday, will be manic. Our friends, Sue & Rob were meant to be coming here for lunch, but they’ve just got back to find the contractor has made a big mess of their kitchen. We’re meeting at a restaurant near their place as they’ve got people coming to try and fix things and want to be close by.

I hope all the NIRDIS are having a good day, and coping with all the trials you’re dealing with.

:wavey:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Everyone, I'm trying to catch up, it's difficult in a way because I'm hither and yon in my brain.

Autumn lost 17% of her birthweight in 4 days so Mike and Cara are supplementing with formula until they can get breast feeding down, I remember itwas tough.. never did master it. So we've been quite involved in supporting them emotionally and money wise.

So, I've not mentioned this at all as it's all so early in planning but we have decided to sell the house in Maine and buy something closer to NYC (like a condo in the Poconos?) and a house in Austin area too.. Never thought I would be a snowbird but it looks that way now. Today we are going to a few open houses..

Chris is good, hes in DC again for a meeting or education or something. We got his car here to Austin but of course we have no title and Chris never re-registered the car and we have to get the dang thing fixed.. sons.. :)

I send love to everyone... Missy so glad you can get riding in, Marcy all sounds great with you and I wish I had a meatloaf, I LOVE meatloaf. Austina, being a grandmother is heaven. Junebug how are you and your family? I just don't have the time to read everything :(

Mamabean sending you a big hello and will post more pix of Autumn when I take some more! Ringo how are you feeing??? sending you love. Sandeek sending you hugs and health and hoping the wedding plans and dress are bought and you are ready. AV how are you and how's the weather where you are? it's Autumn in spring you are correct. Hi Sharon! Hi Scandi! Hi everyone.. I miss you guys and can't wait to get back to my life :)

love you all and I again must say, I am so lucky to know you and have you as my friends.

Kate

AV_

Ideal_Rock
This is the end of the world: it is raining! (already more of it since Jan than the whole of last year) No good for a street party. It will until the middle of next week, or so the weather story goes. Obviously, I feel less bad about sitting in this polished house writing, instead of joining The Town. No idea what the rest of a party will want to do Friday, if it is raining on our little parade ,( .)

@Tekate Happy to hear about your bold plans & baby! It has to be everything at once; same here.

@missy I used to sign many Tweets with 'attempted humour' - it works even there, among professed strangers. Nevermind chores; somehow they make me happy - entirely on my terms, as a matter of course...

Have a great week with fine weather, NIRDI!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good evening! It was a fun luncheon..but I ate too much and I’m beat. It was so nice seeing my friends. We are going to try to see each other once a month..I hope we can manage it with two friends two hours away. We’ll just meet halfway..My friend M brought her friend to the luncheon..She’s the one that has a three stone ring that I admired previously. I assumed it was a topaz or blue zircon with a diamond on each side. She said it’s a blue diamond! It’s not light..but a rich zircon like blue..OMG..I wanted to take a pic of it to show you guys but I didn’t want to be weird! :lol: I tried to gauge the size..I’m pretty sure it’s close to one carat..The diamonds on either side of the diamond are approx. .75 each. She wears it on her right hand. She has an engagement ring too..but I couldn’t get a good look at it..I’ll have to check that out another time. :whistle: I’ll have to see if anyone on Pricescope has a blue diamond. It was so pretty..
@Tekate Autumn is adorable! My daughter-in-law had trouble nursing too.They supplemented with purchased breast milk. I never heard you can purchase it..but it’s somehow sterilized or something and considered very safe...but expensive. They did that for quite a while. My daughter-in-law mainly pumped because she had trouble with J latching..They then switched to a formula. They both felt bad about it but I told them the baby would be fine..and she should not feel bad at all. My good friend I saw today said she never had enough milk so she had to supplement with formula after nursing. Today he is a hulk of a guy with a bottomless pit for a stomach..always wanting to check out new restaurants. We had a good laugh about that.
@missy Your fridge problem sounds stressful..I also bring food back and forth between the two houses..I had to get a new fridge in Maryland because it was having the same problem as yours but that one isn’t a Sub Zero. It’s a small kitchen that I need to update..but it’s too hard to even think about doing from far away. I can’t get there during the week because David has work..and they don’t like when he’s absent too much.
We will definitely move to Northern Va as soon as my husband retires. He already retired from one job..and took another. This one is so demanding..He’s always flying somewhere and driving back and forth to NJ sometimes two or three times a week. That’s over two and a half hours one way. I have to find services for David too which is challenging. I find that first and find a house near his services..The only definite thing is it will be in Northern Va. I’m trying to purge things from this house and get it ready in case he comes home and says that’s it..he’s retiring..He says when it happens it will be fast..I want to be prepared. I moved us all by myself many times because he usually would go ahead of me and leave me to sell the house and set up the move. I’m so use to it that I could probably set it all up in a week at this point. It won’t happen like that anymore TG.
@Austina My two boxes of Oven Pride arrived from the UK today! It went through customs! :lol: I’ll try it out next week. The roofers are done! I just set up the drywall patch with the handyman. He’ll also paint my deck! That’s scheduled for May 1st.
My cold is all better now..but now my husband got it back and my 93 year old mother now has it. David is afraid of getting it..Poor guy..
@av That’s a shame it’s raining and will be into next week. Your house is all shiny and clean..Have an indoor party!
@ Marcy..I’m picturing your hubby passed out from his food coma with all your bears and rabbits around him..Too funny!
@Sandeek How are you feeling?
I’ll be back tomorrow..We’re starting our show..The Enemy Within..

Last edited:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, I agree fun is important in life. Listening to the sea is mesmerizing for sure. Yes, I am getting anxious to get our earrings. I was going to have a group talk today about appraisals but Neg Nel didn’t come back after lunch. I’ll try to touch base with them tomorrow then talk with them on Monday about things we can all do to help ourselves. Not much else I can do but essentially remind employees their success is mostly up to them. I am so sorry to hear your allergies are so bad; hopefully after everything blooms there you’ll feel better. I found most OT are a bit impatient with people; you had a big setback with your blisters and dermatitis. I am sure working at home will help. Hopefully Greg won’t need surgery on his hand. I hope you and Greg had fun today. Love the city view. Good luck with your appointments tomorrow. Crossing my fingers and toes your refrigerator is okay.

Joanne, I wouldn’t mind appraisals if people that don’t even know us or what my team does go behind me and drop their scores. I am sure it’s all a numbers / money game but doesn’t speak well of what the senior execs think of their employees. I’d rather they leave evaluations alone and just flat out say we can’t give out raises. Fine; that’s being honest. All the vegetation there would definitely draw bugs and I’m with you on tics. I would be freaking out too. Weeds are the only thing that fill in around here. We have ticks in the mountains and when we go camping you always have to check for them. I am glad you had fun meeting your friends for lunch. Ooh to the blue diamond ring. I am glad you are feeling better but hate to hear your DH and mom have it. I’ve been known to prop teddy bears on the top of the couch watching Marty take a nap.

Austina, I swear as much as Marty’s eats I’d be unzipping my pants and stuck on the couch the rest of the day. I think he eats 4400 calories - based on the dishes sometimes it looks like he had an army over for lunch. Good idea to get your food shopping done before Friday. I guess we are meeting some friends for brunch on Sunday. No dishes. That is too bad about your friend’s kitchen. I hope they get their kitchen done soon.

Kate, I hope Autumn puts some weight back on right away. I bet she is adorable. Cool to make the decision to become snow birds. Good luck finding the perfect homes. Meatloaf is tasty, I had another one of my mini meatloaves for supper. Sharon started the trend. Enjoy yourself.

AV, oh no it is raining on your parade. I hate those non-ending rainy days. Stay safe and warm.

I faced work with some relief because the appraisals are at least finished. The fallout will remain for a while but I plan on giving them a rip the bandage off talk and remind them it’s primarily up to them to live up to company expectations.
Marty left his billfold in my car so we met for lunch so I could give it to him. I parked my car on the edge of the parking lot all by myself and thought “I hope no a**hole parks by my car.” About then Marty pulls in to the parking lot and parks by my car. I get out of my car laughing and Marty asks me what’s so funny. Naturally I responded I was worried some a**hole would park by my car and they did. Perfect setup, eh?

I did my lifting tonight.

Take care.
Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, Bobo is a beautiful kitty:love: I'm sorry your allergies are flaring up and you're feeling so lousy; I hope you can take something to help you feel a bit better. Beautiful pics of the Verrazano and the city lit up at night! Oh no to your subzero not working...I remember what a hassle it was last time and I really hope you don't have to deal with all of that again. Sorry to hear OT didn't go that well but try not to let it get you down, you're doing all you can and you'll get there. The extra practice at home with Greg's tools will help you get that strength back.

@AV_, I like golf courses, very relaxing and pretty! I don't play golf but I love to watch it. My husband really enjoys playing. I'm glad you got a lot of houswork done, it feel great when the house is neat and clean. It's exhausting though! I'm always so worn out after a day of cleaning. I love hearing about the Easter celebrations held in your town; it's really interesting to learn about the customs of other countries and I thank you for explaining them to us! And yes, sometimes it's a relief to have a good excuse to stay home! I do hope the weather gets better though, I'm sure these events are very important to people of the town.

@marcy, very nice you received another gift for your 20 years! Congratulations! How cool your given name is Marcella, it's such a pretty name. You must be so relieved your appraisals are over with. Can't wait to see those earrings!

@Mamabean, your cherry blossom petals look so pretty. good to hear you're feeling better but I'm so sorry that your dh and mother are sick now; hope everyone feels better soon and that David doesn't catch it! Wow, you made a ton of food! It all sounds delicious and I'm sure the men will enjoy it. Very nice of you to do this; it's such a big help to the people running the home - and I'm so impressed by these sisters working so hard to give these men an opportunity to get back on their feet. the view from the back of your house is really pretty! So peaceful and relaxing. I'm glad you ended up having a lovely time with your friends, and I do hope you can get together with them more frequently. I have a good friend who lives 2 hours away so we usually meet somewhere in the middle and it works out well. Zoe was acting kind of odd so I took her back to the vet, and she thinks Zoe has an abscess under one of her teeth so I have to give her an antibiotic every day. and she's getting her teeth cleaned on the 30th. It's a nightmare giving her the medicine, you'd think I was trying to poison her or something!

@Austina, my husband always says there's no such thing as a 10 minute job - It's frustrating the shower repair didn't go smoothly but at least the darn thing is fixed now! Lunch with friends sounds great, hope you have a lovely time.

@Tekate, so good to hear from you! I'm glad you are having a wonderful time with your adorable granddaughter. I had the same exact issue with dd and had to supplement with formula ..I remember being so upset but DD started putting on weight right away and was fine, and of course Autumn will be too! But I know it's scary and concerning for first time parents and it's great you are there to support them. Everything is good here! Everyone is doing well, knock on wood lol.

Not much new here...just the usual - going to the gym, running errands, and trying to make a dent in cleaning up this house! There's stuff everywhere lol. Tomorrow I might do some clothes shopping...every spring when the weather starts turning warmer I find myself going through my closet trying to find something to wear....and I always wonder "what did I wear last year?" :P2

Sending love to all! Xxx

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

@junebug17 glad you are getting to go to the gym and taking care of errands and I hear you re cleaning the house. LOL I tried to start yesterday but it's hard to make a dent. Stuff is everywhere here too. And as for what to wear, yup. Same problem here. But the warmer weather is always more challenging for me because I prefer wearing my boots and sweater tunics to anything summer has to offer. Hope you have a productive and good day. Sending you hugs and love.

@Sandeek hope your vacation is continuing to go well and that you are enjoying your free time and walking and soaking up vacation. Good luck today and I am sending you bucktetloads of healing dust. (((Hugs))).

@Tekate Autumn is beautiful. Again all my congrats and glad you are soaking up her deliciousness. Sorry for the breast feeding challenges and hope that is easily overcome and she starts gaining weight and thriving. Please hug her from all of us and give her a big kiss. She has lots of adoring fans already. :kiss2:
Exciting news about your upcoming plans for moving. Yay for being closer to NYC soon. Is that bad I am focusing on that? :lol: No seriously I know your kids are thrilled you are moving closer and I hear Austin is amazing especially in winter. You snowbird you.:halo: See you soon Kate the Great. (((Hugs))).

@AV_ I am glad you are getting to relax but hope the weather clears up so everyone can enjoy the festivities. Mother Nature has a way of doing what she wants despite our plans. Hope the rain stops storming on your parade and the festivities continue and are enjoyed by all. XO

@Austina have a lovely Good Friday with your friends. Sorry about the reno mishap for Sue and Rob. We all know what that feels like and hoping it is easily fixed. Glad you have some nice weather coming your way. Enjoy and (((hugs))).

@marcy omg what do you mean Neg Nell didn't come back after lunch? Was she having a temper tantrum? Yes I am anxious for our earrings to arrive as well :P2 and perhaps I will have to donate all my earrings to you and the other girls if I turn out to be allergic. Luckily I am keeping this in perspective and not upset (yet) at this possibility. Thanks for the good luck today. We will need it. My ear is so itchy -what could it be? And as for allergies maybe @Mamabean is right and it is a cold? IDK at this moment anymore. It's just weird. To be continued. LOL. Tomorrow is Friday woohoo. Hope you have a good day at work Marcy. Hang in there. One more day till the weekend. Maybe you are off tomorrow for Good Friday? Hope so. Good for you doing your lifting too. XO

@Mamabean yes we must have a photo of your friend's blue diamond. I would implore you to get a pic next time pretty please.:love: No pressure though.:cheeky: I have taken photos before of my friends bling but always asked permission to share here. Without telling them the name of the forum just saying can I share online with a forum I belong to. That seems to be sufficient info for them. But my friends know I am crazy for bling.:bigsmile: I am sorry your mom and dh are sick now. I am thinking you might be right that I am sick too. I feel like it is allergies but it is so constant I am now wondering what the heck is going on. I got allergy meds yesterday but it provided no relief at all. My head hurts, my throat hurts and my nose is alternately running or stuffed up and bleeding on and off through the day due to me blowing it all day long. I have weak blood vessels and whenever I blow my nose more than a few times it bleeds. Now both nostrils are bleeding. The fun never stops.:knockout:

We are considering Northern Va also. Great minds.8) I always liked Fairfax County and when I graduated from Optometry school my friend Tom and I looked there to open a practice together. But I decided I did not want to leave NYC at that time. Luckily I didn't leave or I wouldn't have met Greg!:kiss2:
Hope you enjoyed your show last night Joanne.

We enjoyed a lovely day yesterday despite my not feeling well. Walked many miles and visited my favorite pet store kitties Twix, Luna and Pearl. I was snuggling with Twix for a long time. He is so incredibly sweet. I just want to catnap him and take him to be with us but I know I cannot.:cry2: I just feel like we can give him (and his siblings) a better life with us than living in a pet store but they belong to the owner there and I guess it's for the best as we cannot take more cats anyway. I am glad they at least have shelter and love and food. And they seem happy.

Twix and Luna yesterday.

twixcloseup.JPG

lunainsun.jpeg

Oh and I wore my ring on my left hand yesterday woohoo.

bubbalahonleftpostsurgicalhand.png

My index finger is very swollen still but so much better than it was...let's hope that healing continues and I realize I have months of recovery ahead for this finger. Amazing how a little surgery can wreak so much havoc...but I am grateful to be improving. Thinking of all the NIRDIs who are going through challenging times and if you are reading know you are in my thoughts and prayers. @Sandeek, @canuk-gal, @ringo865, @Keeliamira, @PierreBear and if I didn't mention you I apologize as it's early here and I slept less than 2 hours again last night. But know I am thinking of you. (((HUGS))).

Have a great day girls!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning girls! I’m just popping in to say :wavey:!
It’s David’s 34th birthday today! I woke him up singing Happy Birthday..He loves it...I used to do the same thing to my other boys when they were young and lived with us. Now I sing Happy Birthday to them over the phone. My voice is terrible so they ask me nicely not to sing to them when I call them on their birthday. They said that will be their best present! :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A very happy birthday to David @Mamabean! And I love that you sing to each one of your children. We also sing happy to our family members. Lol my voice is pretty awful but they all claim to enjoy it still. Haha. Anyway wishing your son a wonderful birthday!

8136CD6E-1C1B-41D4-AD39-175D2EC34A46.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re allergies, what kind of pills/ medication/ spray / eye drops do those of you who suffer from pollen allergies use and / or prefer? I’m only somewhat allergic but I tend to prefer Aerius pills. Actually, after I discovered that I’m “allergic” to gluten, my pollen allergies are way less serious. But that’s another story.

Hugs to all of you! I’ll try to catch up later today!

Btw @missy, your finger looks much better now! :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results