shape
carat
color
clarity

Hi my name is Blah blah and I have a _____ problem!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Confession time! Fill in the blank :)
What is your addiction?

Hi my name is Jaysonsmom and I have a shoe purchasing and hoarding problem!

In the last past 2 days I’ve purchase 4 more pairs of shoes and I have not thrown any out!
Running, hiking, espadrilles and flip flops....gotta have them. Summer is around the corner.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Sigh.
Houseplants and jewellery.
Lately collecting air plants (tillandsias). It started with a tasteful few on the coffee table. Can’t see the coffee table anymore. Went through orchids to Hoyas to begonias (hence my name for what I was collecting at the time) to cacti and succulents on to tillandsias.
Jewellery? The only thing that hinders me is my very small budget for it!
I have a lot of fun with making my own stuff from local bead shops.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My phone! I'm on it right now! I'll leave it at home on purpose to force myself to take a break. Pretty sure it is shortening my concentration/ attention span so I am working on it :/

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am not going to deter you, quite the contrary: could you send some shoe buying nerve my way? I loath shopping for a size that almost does not exist & there is nothing comfortable enough left on the shoe rack for spring...
I could use some of that shoe shopping mojo as well. It makes me oddly ancious, and what I really want probably doesn’t exist.

Now, fabric shopping, otoh, is a problem. Too many projects and not enough time. But oh look, an amazing bolt st $5/yd...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Confession time! Fill in the blank :)
What is your addiction?

Hi my name is Jaysonsmom and I have a shoe purchasing and hoarding problem!

In the last past 2 days I’ve purchase 4 more pairs of shoes and I have not thrown any out!
Running, hiking, espadrilles and flip flops....gotta have them. Summer is around the corner.

1. Boots
I now have over 50 pairs of SW boots. This is just one place I keep some of them. I duplicate each pair and have all the colors and styles I adore so I have what I need at both houses.
Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 7.27.02 AM.png

2. Cats
catscatscats.gif
Not quite but if I could this is how my house would look.:lol-2:
But we do feed and provide shelter and TNR for dozens and dozens of feral cats.
The feral feeder on our porch provides 39 lbs of food which we replenish frequently as needed.
feralfeederonporch.jpeg.png
Can you spot the 3 ferals in this photo? I love how they hang out on our property content and safe. I wish we could save them all.
3feralsindecember2017.jpg

feralsatnightinbackyard.jpg

3. Cycling
We own over 30 bicycles and have 3 tandems. We love cycling and love our bikes. Living in the NE does not allow us to cycle all year round but we do it as often as weather permits. It's the freest feeling and allows me to get lost in my thoughts and enjoy the moment completely. LOVE it.

Recumbent tandem
Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 7.40.35 AM.png

Carbon tandem
calfeeinfrontofbeachhouse.jpg

Our first tandem
cannondaletandem.jpg

4.Earrings
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-dangle-earrings-pretty-please.237623/
And if it wasn't for a possible allergy I would be purchasing more right now. Please think good thoughts for me because I would be so sad if I am now allergic to wearing my earrings.:cry2:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jewelry. Just jewelry. I have far too much, and yet I keep searching for more.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
@missy I love that you do that for the kitties! I have been wanting to foster, ideally a mom and babies to start or older kittens eating on their own, but so far my OH is on board in concept only. I would do older cats too but they may not want to be confined...see below.

We also have 2 dogs and 2 cats and he’s worried we don’t have space. But we have a spare bedroom we only use to do laundry. That’s more than enough I think for kittens with or without a mom.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I love that you do that for the kitties! I have been wanting to foster, ideally a mom and babies to start or older kittens eating on their own, but so far my OH is on board in concept only. I would do older cats too but they may not want to be confined...see below.

We also have 2 dogs and 2 cats and he’s worried we don’t have space. But we have a spare bedroom we only use to do laundry. That’s more than enough I think for kittens with or without a mom.

I could not do this without my DH being 100% on board with it. He does all the heavy lifting literally and figuratively. He built the feral feeders and the cat shelters and he does the trapping when necessary. He comes to the beach house to fill the feral feeders when necessary all through late autumn, winter and early Spring when we are not here.

It''s challenging and heartbreaking but worth it knowing we are saving just one life. I wish we could do more. :cry2:

Anything you can do is so helpful @elizat. Truly every little bit counts. Fostering is so rewarding.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a serious Poshmark and 1stDibs problem.

“Honey, you don’t understand! It’s vintage 90’s Galliano, bias cut, pure silk, and it’s ONLY $3800!”

I’ve not spend any real money but it’s sucked up a lot of time over the years...

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’ve not spend any real money but it’s sucked up a lot of time over the years...

The time sucking is the worst for me! I’m a real daydreamer, but also find perusing and comparing options (even if only theoretical ones) quite therapeutic for some reason. I couldn’t even begin to contemplate how many hours I’ve spent in a daydream looking at house sale sites and planning how we’d use the space, or comparing fancy coloured diamond options, with no budget for any of them! Utterly pointless, but enjoyable for some reason, and at least it doesn’t cost anything as you say!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The time sucking is the worst for me! I’m a real daydreamer, but also find perusing and comparing options (even if only theoretical ones) quite therapeutic for some reason. I couldn’t even begin to contemplate how many hours I’ve spent in a daydream looking at house sale sites and planning how we’d use the space, or comparing fancy coloured diamond options, with no budget for any of them! Utterly pointless, but enjoyable for some reason, and at least it doesn’t cost anything as you say!

Yes it’s a time suck but imo in the best possible way. Isn’t being lost in a hobby one enjoys a worthwhile goal? To be so fully immersed in an enjoyable activity that time becomes seamless. As long as one isn’t neglecting other important life activities. My perspective anyway.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I could not do this without my DH being 100% on board with it. He does all the heavy lifting literally and figuratively. He built the feral feeders and the cat shelters and he does the trapping when necessary. He comes to the beach house to fill the feral feeders when necessary all through late autumn, winter and early Spring when we are not here.

It''s challenging and heartbreaking but worth it knowing we are saving just one life. I wish we could do more. :cry2:

Anything you can do is so helpful @elizat. Truly every little bit counts. Fostering is so rewarding.

I agree. I think if I actually just signed up to foster and got the stuff, he’d be on board. He’s not the initiator of anything, lol. I pay all the bills, arrange all house repairs, etc. I think I have to take concrete steps and then he’ll get there.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree. I think if I actually just signed up to foster and got the stuff, he’d be on board. He’s not the initiator of anything, lol. I pay all the bills, arrange all house repairs, etc. I think I have to take concrete steps and then he’ll get there.

So excited for you and those lucky fosters. Good luck dear Eliza :kiss2: :appl:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last week my problem was spinels. The day before yesterday my problem was OEC diamonds. Yesterday my problem was pearls. But today, I am over my problems, I swear it! :liar:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@chroman Yeah, yardage - I could fall for it. I can't stand piling anything, so the rates of the stash going up & down match.

I have one pursuit that costs time & occasionally pays. Obviously, there is a limit...

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My name is Dee and I apparently have an EVERYTHING problem. I'm in the throes of moving and I just CANNOT comprehend where all this stuff came from...

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My name is Elle and I have a bath bomb problem. :shock:
Taking baths is my favorite guilty pleasure and what’s a good bath without a delightful smelling bath bomb? Somehow that logic has encouraged me to buy more bath bombs than I could posssibly use within a year. Seriously, between December and now I’ve spent over $1k on these puppies. It’s a sickness! :confused2:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last week my problem was spinels. The day before yesterday my problem was OEC diamonds. Yesterday my problem was pearls. But today, I am over my problems, I swear it! :liar:

Oh boy can I relate to you with this one. :lol:
Colored gems are my weakness but lately I’ve been eyeing the flowery facets of a good OEC. I need help!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I'm happy to see of "addictions" outside of jewelry and diamonds :)

I have other non-material addictions such as:
1) watching food Network all day long
2) Binge-watching reality shows like Hoarders, My 600lb life, and my guilty pleasure: Married at first sight!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m addicted to makeup, bags, shoes and coats.
I love trying different makeup on, which is why I love Sephora and Ulta bc I don’t have to “bother” the salepeople. I can just try anything I want without purchasing. Yesterday I bought Kylie Jenner’s lipkit for the first time at Ulta.
Bags have always been a thing of mine. I’m lately addicted to rose/ pink/ mauve bags. Although I do regularly sell bags to make room for new ones. My current fave is a Gucci matelasse camera crossover in porcelain pink.
And shoes I love too, although lately it’s been sneakers. Nothing too pricey (although I do have a few Louboutins and I love Frye Boots). A lot of times I will buy shoes in the same style, different colors. I just bought three pairs of Nike’s in mauve, black and another Mauve/maroon mix.
Lastly coats! Or jackets. This year I bought six new coats and now it’s spring so I won’t be able to wear them.

SomethingNew

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Besides jewelry and PS, I am addicted to Korean dramas. My dream is to be a couch potato for just one day without having to serve my “little kings” at home. But on any normal day after I put them down to sleep, I can be on my iPad for hours watching Korean dramas, then have to wake up early in the morning, make them breakfast and take them to school. I am not complaining but I do need to cut down on my addiction. :oops2:

I am also addicted to blouse and work clothes in general. Although I tried to justify because they are mostly for work, but I really have WAY too many than I can rotate.

Oh one more, I am addicted to Costco (both store and online). I buy almost everything from Costco, and everytime is at least a couple bills, and I go sometimes twice a week. Since everything seems like good deal, esp when on sale, I end up buying things I don’t really need.

Last edited:

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi my name is Liz and I have a lingerie problem. I buy bras that don't even fit me if they are pretty (I'm a 34e so sometimes I just stuff my tatas into a d cup and hope for the best). I have boxes and boxes of unworn sets worth hundreds apiece. I usually just wear cheapish t-shirt bras that sell for 50 a pop.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m addicted to makeup, bags, shoes and coats.
I love trying different makeup on, which is why I love Sephora and Ulta bc I don’t have to “bother” the salepeople. I can just try anything I want without purchasing. Yesterday I bought Kylie Jenner’s lipkit for the first time at Ulta.
Bags have always been a thing of mine. I’m lately addicted to rose/ pink/ mauve bags. Although I do regularly sell bags to make room for new ones. My current fave is a Gucci matelasse camera crossover in porcelain pink.
And shoes I love too, although lately it’s been sneakers. Nothing too pricey (although I do have a few Louboutins and I love Frye Boots). A lot of times I will buy shoes in the same style, different colors. I just bought three pairs of Nike’s in mauve, black and another Mauve/maroon mix.
Lastly coats! Or jackets. This year I bought six new coats and now it’s spring so I won’t be able to wear them.
No need to type - swap perfume for make-up and that's me :shock:
. I might have to add cute French children's clothing. Especially dresses and anything Cashmere......
I have (...) unworn sets worth hundreds apiece. I usually just wear cheapish t-shirt bras that sell for 50 a pop.
Omg, that's me as well. ..not masses in quantity, though. Especially the t-shirt bras winning over the very high quality uncomfortable, TDF beautiful expensive pieces. Agent provocateur, I'm looking at YOU!

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been weaning myself of my addictions to jewelry and purses. It's just so nice to see a reasonable number on the Visa bill every month. But skin cream....I still have a problem with skin cream.

I'll never be weaned of my animal addiction, which is why I have a doberman and 4 cats.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe not in the spirit of this thread but I have been obsessed with minimalism since January of this year. I've been watching lots of YouTube videos on minimalism so I haven't bought any clothes, shoes, toys or makeup this year for any of us. Trying to be very mindful of bringing stuff into the house so my spending is pretty much all consumables like food and household cleaners .

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to hoard decorative serving platters and bowls, bed linens, and reduced priced wrapping paper. My closets, basement and cabinets are filled with these things. Now I rarely entertain, sorting through the linens to find matching sets is a pain and use gift bags and tissue paper! Don't get me started on my endless bins of Christmas stuff.....

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So many. I used to shop excessively for:

jewelry (duh. this site enables)
makeup
shoes
purses

My new obsession is using the budgeting software YNAB and actually having some $. For once in my life. At almost 44yo. Which is why I don't come to PS very often these days. I was just buying too much stuff on credit cards because I had no impulse control

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I have a serious Poshmark and 1stDibs problem.

“Honey, you don’t understand! It’s vintage 90’s Galliano, bias cut, pure silk, and it’s ONLY $3800!”

I just found 1st dibs and I have 3 items in my shopping cart adding up to a very large figure! Thinking about doing some offers in the next few weeks and see if prices drop. And of coarse, it's all jewelry:D earrings, necklace, RH ring, all perfect for my upcoming nuptials. I've always been jewelry crazy but now I'm on another level!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
And I love Costco, coats/jackets but the main addiction is jewelry.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results