shape
carat
color
clarity

Feeling like I need support

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
She is a dear little soul and came into your life for a reason. Keep loving her as you are and we will all pray for a doggie miracle.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs I am thinking of you and your sweet dog and sending continued healing vibes and hugs your way.
(((Hugs))).

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Late to this :( I am so sorry about your baby :( I think your puppy is so lucky to have you for however long she does. Just keep taking good care and love her as much as you can. She needs her mom right now.
Cat owner hugs, if you want them.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am glad that this thread came up to the top again. I, too, have been thinking about you and your baby, lovedogs. Please stay with us and keep us all informed about how your family is doing.

Hugs,
Deb

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you do eryone! Things are easier now that DH is home. We are enjoying every minute with her, and for now she still has no symptoms. She tried a doggy obstacle course last weekend and loved it, so we are doing it again tomorrow. I'll try to have DH take pics for me to post :) she loves walks, cuddles, and learning new things. I bought a book of doggy tricks so I can teach her more fun stuff. Everyone who meets her immediately falls in love.

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lovedogs, I’m just catching up with your thread, but I’m so incredibly sorry about this! Your pup is so very sweet and looks absolutely adorable. I don’t know if this is something you looked into, but is it worth getting a second opinion? There’s a Ridgeback pup in a FB group I’m in who was diagnosed with a congenital abnormality and his owner was told he wouldn’t live to his first birthday. After spending weeks planning for hospice care and making a bucket list for him, she just took him to a vet school hospital only to find out he can expect a normal life span with appropriate care. I realize every case is different of course. Sending many hugs.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you do eryone! Things are easier now that DH is home. We are enjoying every minute with her, and for now she still has no symptoms. She tried a doggy obstacle course last weekend and loved it, so we are doing it again tomorrow. I'll try to have DH take pics for me to post :) she loves walks, cuddles, and learning new things. I bought a book of doggy tricks so I can teach her more fun stuff. Everyone who meets her immediately falls in love.

I bet they do fall in love. She is a beautiful girl, and those dogs have the best personalities! I'm so sorry to read about her condition - that is SO sad. There's something so hard about a sick dog because they cannot talk to you, like a human can. My one dog has GME (a form of auto-immune meningitis), which makes her chronically ill, and it does take a toll on you after a while. I'm happy she's still seemingly healthy and symptom free! I'll say prayers she stays that way for as long as possible. Big Hugs.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry about Penny @lovedogs, I’m glad to hear she’s doing well at the moment, I hope it continues and you both enjoy your time together, for however long that is.

voce

Ideal_Rock
I don't visit Hangouts often, so I hadn't seen this thread until today. She does look like the sweetest dog ever, and I hope she outlives the 10 month prognosis with diet and lifestyle changes. I'm not that sentimental a person, so I'm not as good with condolences, but let me say that I'm sorry you won't see her live to a full lifespan. I'm a believer in quality over quantity, and it gives me comfort to know that Penny had found such a loving family, both mama and papa. I do believe that in the coming months, you'll pamper her and give her the best life she is able to live.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so, so sorry about your sweet little doggy, lovedogs. She is one of the cutest little puppies I've ever seen. I think photos, portrait, and paw print are all excellent ideas. Take lots of video of her, too, including her barking. Cuddle her lots and lots. She is just darling and I would be heartbroken if she was mine. I am so sorry.

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
Dear @lovedogs ... just wanting to join the others to offer you condolences. I am so sorry about your sweet puppy and your heartache!

I was once in a similar position. I found it somewhat comforting to know that dogs do not have any way of perceiving and therefore fearing death. They do not know how ill they are, only that their parents are sad.

I hope that you can find some comfort in your doggie’s ignorance too. If you can be happy with her during the rest of her time, she will just be happy. I know you will enjoy your memories forever.

I’m so sad for you. *hugs!*

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I knew I shouldn't have read this! It's just heartbreaking!
I'm so, so sorry about your absolutely adorable, sweet baby! Oh, that face! :kiss2: Give her some extra hugs and kisses from me.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am very sorry. From the first article I read, it seems that the problem is quite significant, they commented on potential difficulty with anesthesia, too. Stay strong for your pup, and I wish her well. Please let us know how she is doing.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, everyone. She's so gosh darn cute, and we love her so so so much. Happily she has no idea she's sick, and the vet said she will likely act healthy until it's near the end. So that's a good thing....she won't suffer for long bc we won't let her be in pain. She's the happiest puppy and loves learning new tricks. thinking about losing her is awful, but I'm taking it one day at a time and just enjoying every minute I get to kiss and snuggle her.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On a lighter note, she got a haircut and I was pretty sure they swapped her for a new dog! Haha she looks so funny with short hair, but I think she likes being cooler. Before and after. I think she looks like a silly mini horse :)

Collage 2019-04-12 21_02_06.jpg
also her legs are now so long! 20190413_130718.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, everyone. She's so gosh darn cute, and we love her so so so much. Happily she has no idea she's sick, and the vet said she will likely act healthy until it's near the end. So that's a good thing....she won't suffer for long bc we won't let her be in pain. She's the happiest puppy and loves learning new tricks. thinking about losing her is awful, but I'm taking it one day at a time and just enjoying every minute I get to kiss and snuggle her.

On a lighter note, she got a haircut and I was pretty sure they swapped her for a new dog! Haha she looks so funny with short hair, but I think she likes being cooler. Before and after. I think she looks like a silly mini horse :)

She's a beautiful girl @lovedogs and you are doing everything you can to give her the best possible life for as long as possible. I am so sorry you are going through this. Sending you both hugs and good thoughts and healing vibes. (((Hugs))).

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Aww, I think she’s beautiful!! She looks very elegant. The new cut shows off her long legs. :kiss2:

voce

Ideal_Rock
She looked like a fluffy adorable pup before, but now after the haircut there seems to be something noble about her face and her posture as a mini horse! :geek2:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

My gosh she's beautiful! :love:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sending You lots of support and hugs.
The photo in the left bottom of colleague with her cute little Paw Posed!! Love it!:D
She is a beauty and her spirit seems so full of love laughter and fun!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love::love::love::love: she's gorgeous!!!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

What a beautiful girl she is! I wish I could climb into the picture to cuddle her! I'm sure you and your husband spend all your time doing that!

Hugs,
Deb

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She does look like a cuddle! I hope she defies all the diagnosis and you have more time with her.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results