shape
carat
color
clarity

August vintage inc.

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
478B2B90-9531-4B8E-9CB4-83783A911849.jpeg
The bands don’t fit underneath so will have to try bands out. I’ll have to wear a skinny band..I tried my Cartier band which is 2mm. It fits better but not perfectly..It’s a little too thick..I’ll have to try a spacer..I just realized it’s less than a 6.25 so it’s not the right size! It’s in between a six and a 6.25..I have to wear it first and then the band.

I love it!! That cut is gorgeous! Does it look diamond like in person?

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean - it’s so classically beautiful! :love:
:love::love:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
@Mamabean
Please refresh my memory. What size & color is your AVEC and what is your ring size?

Thanks!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
A few pics in the Costco parking lot! :lol-2:
86410C34-D276-4C34-A365-87CFDCB4E220.jpeg DCB63A8E-F975-4077-8D07-8504694EC78A.png

Attachments

• 20A53181-CEAB-4522-9161-E1A3029EF5AF.jpeg
    20A53181-CEAB-4522-9161-E1A3029EF5AF.jpeg
    143 KB · Views: 42

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
You are posting too many pretty things lately! Having jewelry box envy over here!
I know..I’ve been very bad..:twisted2: I have three bands coming and then I’m done! :lol-2::lol::mrgreen2:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Famous last Words! :lol:

You have a beautifully curated jewelry Collection! :love:
Thank you @Sandeek! Haha I’m really done..I’m going to enjoy seeing everyone’s pretties! :P2
Thinking though..If @mrs-b would sell her Tourmaline to me it’s a done deal! :lol-2:

Last edited:

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I figure I share this on the AV thread since I am too bashful to start a thread on my own about my ring. :oops:

I finally got my ring back from the jeweler and he did an amazing job. I believe it took a while because the bezel setting was "flawed" according to him (he's extremely picky and doesn't even like working with CADs apparently?). I don't know what he meant by that but clearly he knew what to do because the ring looks MUCH better than when I bought it. All the little nicks I saw on the bezel were gone, the bezel itself wasn't too thick, and the underside allowed for much better light to shine through the stone.

Now, I know it seems counter-intuitive to get a colorless, MRB stone and set it on a gold bezel (and I'm sure a lot of people will not side with me on this), but I loved the setting too much, I like how yellow gold looks on my skin, and I trusted that my jeweler would make the stone really pop. And he did. The stone sparkles a ton and the yellow gold doesn't even affect the color of the AV moissy at all. And while I love warmer stones on antique cuts, I can't help but like bright white for H&A moissys. :love:

I am still at work and am doing a lot of assignments but I took a quick snapshot to show how my ring looks compared to my other ring with the Tianyu moissanite. As you can see, both stones are still really white and the AV moissanite still looks clearer and brighter than the Tianyu one.

Definitely a forever ring for me!!! :love:

20190328_144206.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I figure I share this on the AV thread since I am too bashful to start a thread on my own about my ring. :oops:

I finally got my ring back from the jeweler and he did an amazing job. I believe it took a while because the bezel setting was "flawed" according to him (he's extremely picky and doesn't even like working with CADs apparently?). I don't know what he meant by that but clearly he knew what to do because the ring looks MUCH better than when I bought it. All the little nicks I saw on the bezel were gone, the bezel itself wasn't too thick, and the underside allowed for much better light to shine through the stone.

Now, I know it seems counter-intuitive to get a colorless, MRB stone and set it on a gold bezel (and I'm sure a lot of people will not side with me on this), but I loved the setting too much, I like how yellow gold looks on my skin, and I trusted that my jeweler would make the stone really pop. And he did. The stone sparkles a ton and the yellow gold doesn't even affect the color of the AV moissy at all. And while I love warmer stones on antique cuts, I can't help but like bright white for H&A moissys. :love:

I am still at work and am doing a lot of assignments but I took a quick snapshot to show how my ring looks compared to my other ring with the Tianyu moissanite. As you can see, both stones are still really white and the AV moissanite still looks clearer and brighter than the Tianyu one.

20190328_144206.jpg

Lovely!!!!

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely!!!!
Thank you, @lovedogs !!! I'm so excited to finally get it back! :kiss2:

I was mildly worried because I kept reading how you shouldn't pair colorless stones with yellow gold, but seeing my ring now I don't regret it for a second! :love:

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

20190328_144206.jpg

Love it!!! It pops in yellow gold.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@sd_flp Love it! It’s beautiful in the YG bezel! I also think the cut is fantastic and the white color really pops in that bezel! Now we need hand shots!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@sd_flp Wow! It’s so gorgeous! I agree that the colorless moissy in the yellow gold setting is beautiful! I LOVE it! :appl::love::lickout:

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
@Sandeek @Mamabean thank you both so much!!! I'll try to take more photos when I get the chance. It's so gorgeous and I can't stop smiling. Unfortunately I have a big deadline plus tonight I'm heading straight to dinner for my anniversary with my boyfriend :kiss2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Sandeek @Mamabean thank you both so much!!! I'll try to take more photos when I get the chance. It's so gorgeous and I can't stop smiling. Unfortunately I have a big deadline plus tonight I'm heading straight to dinner for my anniversary with my boyfriend :kiss2:
So sweet! Enjoy your anniversary date night with your boyfriend wearing your gorgeous ring! Happy Anniversary! :kiss2:

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
@Mamabean, thank you! :kiss2: It was a great evening and are now making some coffee. :lol-2:

I did want to share a couple pics I took on the way home and before dinner just so people can see how the stone performs under light; very rarely I will see warmth, but it’s only under certain angles in the shade. It faces up super white 95% of the time and that is more than good for me! :D It goes to show how well cut and clear AV moissys are:
949ACB75-5C57-4852-B883-20CDE3973BF8.jpeg F313E79F-121C-41F2-89E9-51A6B01E87AD.jpeg

Also wanted to share a not so good comparison of how the bezel ring looked before and after; it’s pretty blurry because my hand was shaking (with my 5.5mm OEC). Unfortunately I didn’t take too many before pics because I was set on giving to my jeweler ASAP but you can see how thick the bezel was as well as some of the scratches. I asked him if it was possible to make it thinner and he not only did that but polished the entire ring:

F9DEA894-2CC8-489D-8DB4-7F8D84374562.jpeg

Overall, I’m just extremely happy. :kiss2:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@sd_flp It is just perfect. Love it and what a difference a well-made bezel can make! Enjoy wearing that beauty. Tbh, I am always an old cut nut but your gorgeous ring and stone is making me want to try an AV H&A :mrgreen:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results