shape
carat
color
clarity

What is one thing about you that might surprise people who know you?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am a dish hoarder. I have 8 sets of fine China and 8 sets of casual everyday ware, plus 3 full sets of sterling flatware. I set the table every night as if royalty is coming, lol. Always with fresh flowers. Omg, I need to get a life.
Omg! Another dish hoarder! :love:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hear you, I am similar. I feel I'm not an extrovert by any stretch, but I can play one for a short time with people I like. But then I need a long recovery time to be able to do it again. I don't know if you can relate, but for me it's that I find most people fake and thus, I have no need or desire to be talking to them. Personally, I can't stomach people who are double-faced or hypocrites, and so many people are...
I’m the same...You and Missy sound very much like me.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a bad husband wall..It sounds bad but it’s pretty funny! He can be short tempered and sometimes hurts my feelings..so years ago I started buying a vintage or antique cake plate and hung it on the wall every time I wanted to say something back but instead I just walked away. He would get the message but there wouldn’t be an argument.. When friends would come over I would take them to the bad husband wall to show them a new plate. He never knew I did it. One day after having around 21 plates on the wall he heard me and we all laughed. It made an impression on him..so he tried to be less grouchy. I had commented that there was a space and it needed a plate to make it look better. He said I should buy it now because he’ll probably do something soon anyway. Now when he’s grouchy I just say “cake plate!” and we laugh..I hung them in my dining room in Maryland. This is when we first moved in so no curtains yet..Plenty more plates were added after this pic! :lol:
F5805A8A-F501-408D-A3FE-59CD495D8A26.jpeg

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a bad husband wall..It sounds bad but it’s pretty funny! He can be short tempered and sometimes hurts my feelings..so years ago I started buying a vintage or antique cake plate and hung it on the wall every time I wanted to say something back but instead I just walked away. He would get the message but there wouldn’t be an argument.. When friends would come over I would take them to the bad husband wall to show them a new plate. He never knew I did it. One day after having around 21 plates on the wall he heard me and we all laughed. It made an impression on him..so he tried to be less grouchy. I had commented that there was a space and it needed a plate to make it look better. He said I should buy it now because he’ll probably do something soon anyway. Now when he’s grouchy I just say “cake plate!” and we laugh..I hung them in my dining room in Maryland. This is when we first moved in so no curtains yet..Plenty more plates were added after this pic! :lol:
F5805A8A-F501-408D-A3FE-59CD495D8A26.jpeg

This is awesome! The story and the plate wall!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is awesome! The story and the plate wall!
I had to start getting other things because I ran out of room. Guess what I buy instead? :roll2: They’re still “cake plates”! That’s where my little cheapie bands from Amazon come from!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve lived through two public shootings. For the first one, I was 14. It was after a cheerleading competition. All of the kids gathered at a McDonald’s nearby. We were in the parking lot when some boys started fighting. One of the boys shot two of the other boys. I’m not sure if the boys lived because we all scattered as quickly as possible.

I was 17 during the other shooting. I was at a pizza parlor when someone threw open the door and started shooting inside of the restaurant. Six people were shot but luckily no one died.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was a wine buying addict before I became a bling addict. We drink slowly, so still have about 800 bottles.

Your glasses and my wine need to get together!!! :mrgreen2:

YES!!! And 800 bottles... ?!? That's AWESOME! I have about four cases right now and I thought I was doing good, ha ha.

My house is under contract and if all goes well I will be packing up all those glasses... very carefully... one by one... ACK. Hot tip: Go by stock in bubble wrap!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would hope nothing for people who REALLY know me, but in general, how much I actually relish quiet alone time. I spend so much time being highly energetic and "giving" so much to other people, that I LOVE my quiet 45 minute commute. It's my recharge time before I get home and have to be "on" all over again.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’ve lived through two public shootings. For the first one, I was 14. It was after a cheerleading competition. All of the kids gathered at a McDonald’s nearby. We were in the parking lot when some boys started fighting. One of the boys shot two of the other boys. I’m not sure if the boys lived because we all scattered as quickly as possible.

I was 17 during the other shooting. I was at a pizza parlor when someone threw open the door and started shooting inside of the restaurant. Six people were shot but luckily no one died.
I’m so happy you are okay..

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
YES!!! And 800 bottles... ?!? That's AWESOME! I have about four cases right now and I thought I was doing good, ha ha.

My house is under contract and if all goes well I will be packing up all those glasses... very carefully... one by one... ACK. Hot tip: Go by stock in bubble wrap!
Good luck with the move, packing all those glasses is going to be quite some task. In my experience the key is to make sure the boxes are clearly marked "FRAGILE" and that nothing heavy gets stacked on top of them during the move.

There are people into wine just like we are into bling. The difference being the wine forums are 95% guys who are a whole lot less polite than the ladies here on PS. :mrgreen2: My 800 bottles are nothing compared to some of those guys, they have enough wine to last three lifetimes and are still buying more!!!:eek2:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I don't think someone will become a forever friend I find it really difficult to "chat" with them...it's so difficult for me and feels pointless.
THIS.

x1000000

:lol:

I can't make pointless chitchat with people - if I'm not discussing something it feels like a waste of my precious minutes as they tick by... lol

It's interesting how many of us are introverts. I wonder if that is what draws us to posting. It's easier being "extroverted" and connecting with people on the internet on our terms.
I think this is definitely true.

IRL I am a quiet, introverted person with zero self-confidence, who even thinks his friends don't really want to spend time with him or hear his opinions.

On here... I bombard you poor souls with verbal diarrhoea because I can't see your reactions or (as happens in my head in real life situation) feel you subconsciously thinking 'shut up!!'... :lol:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Typical weeknight. I am ultimately inspired by James Farmer. His style is beyond comparison. Would love to have every one of y'all for dinner! Resized_20190316_100448.jpeg

Who sits on the left side of your BEAUTIFULLY set table? The Stick Man? As i’m not sure i’d get my child-bearing hips in that teeny gap?!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who sits on the left side of your BEAUTIFULLY set table? The Stick Man? As i’m not sure i’d get my child-bearing hips in that teeny gap?!

It's kind of an illusion; it's not that tight. That side has a bench but my youngest daughter does sit on that side.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
THIS.

x1000000

:lol:

I can't make pointless chitchat with people - if I'm not discussing something it feels like a waste of my precious minutes as they tick by... lol

I think this is definitely true.

IRL I am a quiet, introverted person with zero self-confidence, who even thinks his friends don't really want to spend time with him or hear his opinions.

On here... I bombard you poor souls with verbal diarrhoea because I can't see your reactions or (as happens in my head in real life situation) feel you subconsciously thinking 'shut up!!'... :lol:

Oh, I think you are selling yourself way to short OoohShiny - you don't come across as boring or annoying! At any rate, glad you enjoy conversing here!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I think you are selling yourself way to short OoohShiny - you don't come across as boring or annoying! At any rate, glad you enjoy conversing here!
You are far too kind! :oops: :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I agree completely. @OoohShiny we so enjoy your company and you are a valued PSer!:appl:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree completely. @OoohShiny we so enjoy your company and you are a valued PSer!:appl:
I thank you for your kindness :))

But please do tell me if I ever get annoying :D lol

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thank you for your kindness :))

But please do tell me if I ever get annoying :D lol

Lol that won’t happen. You’re a breath of fresh air. :kiss:
But ok I will if you will let me know if I get annoying...deal?

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol that won’t happen. You’re a breath of fresh air. :kiss:
But ok I will if you will let me know if I get annoying...deal?
lol

Ok, deal! :))

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Almost no one knows I enjoy jewelry. Just a small handful are in on that one! The details of growing up with alcoholic parents are also known by few. Most of that I keep to myself. It was so horrible many people woylwoul understand and those who would went through so much worse.

Oh! My age. People who have known me for years think I am in my 40s (usually mid 40s or better!). The only people who know better are family or people I went to high school with. I just turned 34...

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
...Oh! My age. People who have known me for years think I am in my 40s (usually mid 40s or better!). The only people who know better are family or people I went to high school with. I just turned 34...

I have to say, this cracked both me and my husband up. We hear so often women who believe everyone thinks they look far younger than their true age, so I expected you to say you're really 54 or 64... not 34. :lol: :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results