shape
carat
color
clarity

Who wants to see my haul from today?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Will do @stracci2000, still need to find the silverware for the come part. Goodwill is good for stuff like that too.

@natasha-cupcake, thank you so much!

@InsecureSweetGirl, love your sweet bedframe and love even more that you you saw a smiley in it!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another goodwill find from the other day. I think you can see the glass is a very pale pink so pretty!

IMG_3753.JPG

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another goodwill find from the other day. I think you can see the glass is a very pale pink so pretty!

IMG_3753.JPG
Cute for trinket storage! I think we all have lot of trinkets. I know I do!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a 10K yellow gold band coming to me from. Goodwill auction for the Amazon price of $30, less than a tank of gas!

Anyone else have some "less than a tank of gas" treasure to share?

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a 10K yellow gold band coming to me from. Goodwill auction for the Amazon price of $30, less than a tank of gas!

Anyone else have some "less than a tank of gas" treasure to share?
I can't wait to see!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went to my local bi-annual Gem and Mineral show yesterday.
I found a Tahitian black pearl ring set in sterling silver.
It's huge and gaudy and I love it! The seller told me it was a freshwater pearl.......I didn't correct her!(:lol:)
It cost less than a tank of gas.
IMG_20190316_165631658.jpg IMG_20190316_165809878.jpg
Also, I found two star sapphires. The black one is 4.35 ct. , and the blue one is 2.05 ct. Bought from the same vendor, together they cost less than a tank of gas.
IMG_20190316_173035327.jpg
On both the ring and the stars, the vendor wanted more and I offered less. I live for the bargains!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, you know there will be a group photo when it arrives! I was stoked not only about the price but also it's my size and I really wanted a plain yellow gold band to stack with.

Wow, look at that pearl :-o amazing and I love your star pretties too. I was at Cheers on Wednesday and this woman brought in some sterling to sell but then in the pile she had this amazing 18K white gold mabe pearl ring....I wanted her to sell it so bad but she kept that one. Hopefully she gets it sized and wears it so it doesn't just sit in a box for another 20 years!

Off the subject but you know I sell vintage Strawberry Shortcake dolls, well the holy grail Strawberry Shortcake item was posted in a group on FB today for sale at........$5300, um yeah no thanks. I was like I could get a really beautiful ring for that instead of a plastic toy lol!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
.$5300, um yeah no thanks. I was like I could get a really beautiful ring for that instead of a plastic toy lol!

OMG, I do this all the time....
When I hear of some overpriced thing, I always wonder what I kind of bling I could buy with that amount! I'm such a jewelry weirdo.......:twisted2:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No friend the people who are buying pieces of plastic for $5,000 are the weirdos!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So here's a story for you @StephanieLynn
At this Gem and Mineral show, I was looking out for antique and vintage jewelry, of course. There was a guy who had a case with some art deco diamond rings. There were two rings, with nice looking diamonds, maybe over .50 ct. So pretty!
I asked him if I could see them, so he took them out of the case.
His loupe was there, so I checked out the stones. As I am looking he says, "Those are old miners." I said "No, they aren't." He said "Yes, they are Old Europeans." I said "No", he said "Yes"
They were MRBs, and not great ones, either. He kept insisting that they were. I could see that the prongs were re-done, and the MRBs were clearly replacements.
I said "I have three Old Europeans right here on my hands, and these are not Old Europeans."
After going back and forth with him about this, and him saying that he was a GIA graduate(!) I just gave up and walked away. Don't blow smoke up my a$$, buddy! :lol:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, wow some graduate he is, of course you know some men can't concede to a lady so that might have been part of it too. Glad you gave it back to him although he probably told the next person that asked that they were old mine cut.

I'm having a sad spell, DH has really checked out and I get it but it's hard. Tomorrow is our anniversary and he is staying with his sister tonight, I asked him if he would be home for dinner tomorrow or after the kids went to bed and his response was all he knows now is he is going to his sister's house tonight. I reached out to one of the cousins but her son is sick. So it looks like just me and the kids all day tomorrow.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@StephanieLynn, I know how you feel.
During my first marriage, my in-laws died 10 day apart. Back-to-back funerals.
They had both been sick for a while and we lived in a neighboring state from them. While they were sick, my ex traveled back there every weekend, leaving me with the kids. This went on for a long time. I don't fault him for it, he cared about his parents. But I felt like he abandoned us. After they passed, he brought many of their things into our house, and I felt this was creepy, but I guess it was his way of grieving.
Just hold on for a little while longer. This will end soon, and you will need to support him afterward.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have lots to share from Cheers today BUT first something fun. I'm picking this up tomorrow from Cheers, DH and I were trying to figure out what the symbols were and the significance of them. We figured it out but I want to see if anyone else can.

Who wants to take a stab at it?

IMG_3828.JPG

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have lots to share from Cheers today BUT first something fun. I'm picking this up tomorrow from Cheers, DH and I were trying to figure out what the symbols were and the significance of them. We figured it out but I want to see if anyone else can.

Who wants to take a stab at it?

IMG_3828.JPG
The life of St. Patrick?
I see him casting the little snakes out of Ireland

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, Girl you are amazing! Yes, it is the story of St. Patrick! Extra special because we were married on St. Patrick's Day, it did take us a solid hour to figure this out though. I was thinking it was some religious medal of saints or maybe astrological. DH gets the credit for figuring it out, is still be looking!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not the best lighting here but this is a small bit of what I bought on Wednesday along with my amazing story of St. Patrick pendant.

Garnet cluster pendant in silver
White topaz tennis bracelet in silver
Garnet tennis bracelet in silver
Blue Topaz, White Topaz, Citrine, Amethyst tennis bracelet in silver

IMG_3883.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3882.JPG
    IMG_3882.JPG
    229.8 KB · Views: 19

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay question for the antique lovers, I bought a vintage music box and it arrived this morning. The listing described the music box portion as working perfectly but when I got it this morning the music does play nicely but there is a noticeable tick. It is rather hard to find a music box that plays this tune "La Vie En Rose".

Now coincidentally there was a vintage powder box listed on Ebay in an auction that ended last night that plays the same tune and is listed as working perfectly, I won the auction but I only have a three day window to return the music box.

Paid $30 for the music box and $15 for the powder box. Thoughts?

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay question for the antique lovers, I bought a vintage music box and it arrived this morning. The listing described the music box portion as working perfectly but when I got it this morning the music does play nicely but there is a noticeable tick. It is rather hard to find a music box that plays this tune "La Vie En Rose".

Now coincidentally there was a vintage powder box listed on Ebay in an auction that ended last night that plays the same tune and is listed as working perfectly, I won the auction but I only have a three day window to return the music box.

Paid $30 for the music box and $15 for the powder box. Thoughts?
Music boxes are nearly impossible to fix. I have tried! You could try oiling the gears, maybe that will ease the tick sound.
When you get them both side by side, sell the one that you don't like.
Even of you just get your money back on the $30 one, you are OK.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found a few interesting items yesterday.
A crystal oyster with a (faux) pearl! Signed Oleg Cassini, it's a cute trinket.
IMG_20190322_110418.jpg
Next, this nice vintage necklace signed Hollycraft, Co. 1950
IMG_20190322_110505.jpg
And this painting, from Goodwill.
One of my best finds ever, by a famous artist!
Oil on Masonite, by Henry Faulkner, about 1960.
Turns out that Henry was quite well known and collected!
Yay! This one goes on my wall!
IMG_20190321_183915215.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow look at that painting! And I love that necklace, can I try it on over coffee, I can come tomorrow morning ;-)

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have so much to share with you guys but it may be a bit before I get to it all.

Today I bought this rosary, it is vintage with aurora borealis crystals, I have never bought a rosary before despite being religious. When I was looking at it I told the woman selling it my MIL is in hospice.

MIL passed away this afternoon about an hour and a half after we got there, DH was next to her holding her hand when she passed. I am so glad that he was there, her breathing has been labored since last night so it was almost like she waited for him.

It's a sad and ironic kind of day but I just wanted to share that with you guys. The bottom picture is where it will stay in its new home around our wedding picture.

IMG_3893.JPG

IMG_3894.JPG

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thoughts and prayers for you and your family, @StephanieLynn. My relationship with my MIL was complicated, too, and I know only too well how unexpectedly hard it can be. I'm not that far away, if you need anything. ((Hugs))

The rosary will be a lovely tribute to her.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@StephanieLynn. I am sorry to hear this.
I'm glad you and DH were there. And you made peace with her in the end., so that was a wonderful thing for you and the family.
Stay strong, as the next few days may be stressful.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I’m sorry for your loss. It’s a beautiful thing that you were there for her in the end. Wishing you all the peace in the world tonight.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my "less than a tank of gas" yellow gold ring I bought from Goodwill. I shared some other pictures in SMTB too :D

IMG_3900.JPG

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry for your loss @StephanieLynn . Just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy seeing the hauls in this thread. I live vicariously through you and @stracci2000 . The rosary is beautiful and looks great on your wedding photo. Take care.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @lyra, I have so much stuff to share still so hopefully next week when things calm down a little.

I did manage to find this amazing huge antique musical powder box for $3! It is by far one of my favorite treasures I've found as of late.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @lyra, I have so much stuff to share still so hopefully next week when things calm down a little.

I did manage to find this amazing huge antique musical powder box for $3! It is by far one of my favorite treasures I've found as of late.
Pictures or it didn't happen! :lol:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pictures or it didn't happen! :lol:

I know it! I didn't take one yet but I will, it is amazing and the fact the music still plays so beautifully is as well.

Oh I also managed to find two music boxes that play "La Vie En Rose" and one of those is a powder box as well, plays a little slowly but I'm sure I'll be significantly slower 70-80 years down the line too.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay here we go, the first one is the one I paid $3 for at an indoor flea market and the other was an EBay find that was $15 but that is the one that has the dog I really wanted. You can see the size difference, the three dollar one is huge in comparison. Musical powder boxes.

IMG_3904.JPG IMG_3905.JPG IMG_3906.JPG IMG_3907.JPG IMG_3908.JPG IMG_3909.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results