shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany true...which one should i pick

theWKK

Rough_Rock
I have my heart set on the tiffany true ring and I've narrowed down to 2 stones...
- 1.24ct, F, VS1
- 1.43ct, G, VS1

The 1.24 is just within our budget but the 1.43ct one is tempting. With about 3k more, I can get one that is noticeably larger (maybe? I have yet to try it on though), but downgrade to G color. The 1.24ct is lovely, but when you look at it from a distance, it does appear kind of small (in terms of finger coverage) to me. I'm not sure if it's worth going above our budget or not...need some help here :)

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
what are the dimensions of each stone and do you have photos? it comes down to what makes you happiest but millimeter measurements can be more helpful than carat weight when trying to compare.

theWKK

Rough_Rock
Unfortunately I don't have dimensions. But I did use the diamond database size simulator for a virtual comparison. Had to use princess cut since the true cut is of course not listed, but should be close. The 1.24ct looks similar to what I tried on in store the other day.
what are the dimensions of each stone and do you have photos? it comes down to what makes you happiest but millimeter measurements can be more helpful than carat weight when trying to compare.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All things being equal, definitely go bigger for the extra.
The very fact that you are already thinking the 1.24 carat looks “smallish” is a killer blow for it, trust me those feelings get worse and then you’re selling for considerable loss that ring to buy the one (bigger) you wanted.
To be honest, no one even you can really see a marginal colour difference but size, everyone can “see” size.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A G is still a white stone - I would definitely go for the bigger one!

theWKK

Rough_Rock
Sad update...my SA informed me that the 1.43ct one is on hold for another customer with down payment already on it. Bummer! But there's another 1.34ct G VVS2 around the same price (about 3k more than the 1.24ct). Now this really gets me thinking...hmmm, with just 0.1ct increase? I don't know if it's worth it.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would the price get close to two carats outside Tiffany?
I second this suggestion. I really wouldn’t want to compromise on size. While I personally adore T&Co. in many ways, the premium on their e-rings is outrageous.

I don’t know your budget, but here are two cut corner square modified that seem to be cut nicely and that are likely within your budget:
https://www.jamesallen.com/mobile/l...ut/1.72-carat-d-color-vs2-clarity-sku-2108836
https://www.jamesallen.com/mobile/l...-cut/2.01-carat-e-color-vs1-clarity-sku-41783

While not a True, this is an example of a gorgeous, modern, low set, hang forged solitaire that can be achieved outside of T&Co: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-journey-to-a-symmetrical-asscher.188468/

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sad update...my SA informed me that the 1.43ct one is on hold for another customer with down payment already on it. Bummer! But there's another 1.34ct G VVS2 around the same price (about 3k more than the 1.24ct). Now this really gets me thinking...hmmm, with just 0.1ct increase? I don't know if it's worth it.

I agree with the above. Your heart is not set on the smaller carat, and if there's nothing in the Tiffany inventory at the moment I would wait or go elsewhere. But certainly I think you're spending too much money to not be 100 percent happy with your purchase.

theWKK

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the suggestion! My budget is under 20k (tax included if possible). I'll certainly keep looking elsewhere.

I second this suggestion. I really wouldn’t want to compromise on size. While I personally adore T&Co. in many ways, the premium on their e-rings is outrageous.

I don’t know your budget, but here are two cut corner square modified that seem to be cut nicely and that are likely within your budget:
https://www.jamesallen.com/mobile/l...ut/1.72-carat-d-color-vs2-clarity-sku-2108836
https://www.jamesallen.com/mobile/l...-cut/2.01-carat-e-color-vs1-clarity-sku-41783

While not a True, this is an example of a gorgeous, modern, low set, hang forged solitaire that can be achieved outside of T&Co: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-journey-to-a-symmetrical-asscher.188468/

Reactions: AV_

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Two carats shold be easily feasible - cca 7mm square, D-F IF-VS range ... You might wish to look for any square cut model: square step/asscher, cushion or square radiant.

These have caught my eye quickly: www & www

I would ever go for some kind of step cut! - or very far ...

The Tiffany model has features of both step & brilliant - and this sort of combination is not often done in diamonds. This type has the 'busy' table detailed somewhat differently: www I asume the price is comparable & do not know if another stone exists.

Thinking out loud

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the suggestion! My budget is under 20k (tax included if possible). I'll certainly keep looking elsewhere.

Np! I would asvice that you JA for their advantage pricing on both stones and for some ASET images.

If you want to let us know your exact preference, we can look for more alternatives.

I know that the T&Co experience is special, but you can always get a wedding band from them to satisfy the T&Co desire.

Mixtress

Rough_Rock
Premium
I really like the Tiffany True too! But I agree that 1.25 carats and lower looked a wee bit small on the hands. I wished I took a photo of the 2 carat one I got to try on, it definitely gave me "that feeling", heart eyes and all. Wished our budget would allow for it though. I ultimately decided on something else, non Tiffany.

If your budget can allow it, I would recommend 1.40 carats and up. Otherwise custom make your own True, the ladies here have given such great recommendations; it's really just a cut corner square diamond on a very delicate setting. It looked like it's around 1.5-1.8 mm for the band.

This is a 1.25 carat, H color Tiffany True on me.

IMG_20190310_162035.jpg

theWKK

Rough_Rock
Wow this looks larger than the 1.24ct I tried on. Anyway I’m going to look at a 1.35ct this week in store to get a feel for larger sizes.
I really like the Tiffany True too! But I agree that 1.25 carats and lower looked a wee bit small on the hands. I wished I took a photo of the 2 carat one I got to try on, it definitely gave me "that feeling", heart eyes and all. Wished our budget would allow for it though. I ultimately decided on something else, non Tiffany.

If your budget can allow it, I would recommend 1.40 carats and up. Otherwise custom make your own True, the ladies here have given such great recommendations; it's really just a cut corner square diamond on a very delicate setting. It looked like it's around 1.5-1.8 mm for the band.

This is a 1.25 carat, H color Tiffany True on me.

IMG_20190310_162035.jpg

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow this looks larger than the 1.24ct I tried on. Anyway I’m going to look at a 1.35ct this week in store to get a feel for larger sizes.

The poster likely has much smaller fingers, because that looks much larger than a 1.24 ct stone.

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
C0739D34-8E7A-4DD7-A4ED-69F73FF5D66D.jpeg
Thought I’d post what I ended up getting. I stayed within our original budget and got a 1.3ct G VS1 (finger size 5)
Wow! Beautiful! :appl:

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks perfect, congrats!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!! Congrats!

Mixtress

Rough_Rock
Premium