shape
carat
color
clarity

I put this diamond on hold with JA! Any issues with it?

Swirl68

Shiny_Rock
BD6B060B-25D8-4B35-8C56-63E25EA5F081.jpeg
This is a red flag in an SI clarity diamond. It may have a hazy look due to the clouds.

There’s an article I read on that he internet that says,
“...the sentence “Clarity grade is based on clouds that are not shown” in an SI2 stone is the unholy stamp of death.”

But this is an SI1, and all diamonds are different. I would ask James Allen for their opinion on how the clouds are affecting the appearance of this stone.

JT123

Shiny_Rock
Yikes,yes I will ask JA. I saw that comment about the clouds but just naively assumed since it was a H&A James Allen wouldn't label it as such ,if there were major clouds or any haziness?
In the pic and video it looks pretty clear to me?
Screen Shot 2019-03-24 at 8.47.13 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-03-24 at 8.47.00 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-03-24 at 8.46.47 PM.png

Last edited:

JT123

Shiny_Rock
What about this one? I'm concerned about the med fluorescence and the crown of 36 https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...h-color-vs2-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-6512140

This 1.30 Carat Round diamond H Color VS2 Clarity has Excellent proportions and a diamond grading report from GIA

DIAMOND INFORMATION
SHAPE: Round
CARAT WEIGHT: 1.30
COLOR: H
CLARITY: VS2
CUT: Excellent
POLISH: Excellent
SYMMETRY: Excellent
FLUORESCENCE: Medium
L/W/D (MM): 6.98*6.95*4.34
MORE DIAMOND INFORMATION
L/W RATIO: 1.00
DEPTH %: 62.30
GIRDLE: Medium - Slightly Thick
TABLE %: 56.00
CULET: None
CERTIFICATE: GIA
CROWN ∠: 36.50
CROWN %: 16.00
PAVILION ∠: 40.60

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the proportions better one the first one you posted, but I'm also concerned about the clouds not shown comment. Can JA send you an IRL video or pic? Not sure if their "true hearts" line is in-house.

JT123

Shiny_Rock

JT123

Shiny_Rock
This diamond is eligible for upgrade too, I like that lol!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

JT123

Shiny_Rock
Oh good, I'm glad you like it! 8-)I'm pleased it's in-house. The gal that helped me (Magen) was awesome.

JT123

Shiny_Rock
Yes! Love it, and wouldn't hesitate bc of the great upgrade policy and excellent customer service
thank you so much for all your guidance!

tigertales

Shiny_Rock
Just jumping in to say, apart from the clouds issue ( which I wholeheartedly agree with as a concern), I noticed the IGI cert. The diamond looks very liberally color graded ( more like a "J/K" IMO), a problem with IGI. Also, doesn't help your resale value ( people prefer GIA specifically because their parameters are tighter and more reliable).

Glad it looks like you're going with WhiteFlash!

JT123

Shiny_Rock
Just jumping in to say, apart from the clouds issue ( which I wholeheartedly agree with as a concern), I noticed the IGI cert. The diamond looks very liberally color graded ( more like a "J/K" IMO), a problem with IGI. Also, doesn't help your resale value ( people prefer GIA specifically because their parameters are tighter and more reliable).

Wow that is good to know thank you.
I think the WF diamond is a better value and bonus it's in-house and eligible for upgrade.

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Sorry which stone is from IGI? All I've seen are AGS stones and GIA stones

JT123

Shiny_Rock
Sorry which stone is from IGI? All I've seen are AGS stones and GIA stones
Yes, I was wondering the same thing. I thought I messed up on my search criteria ( i only selected GIA/AGS). I believe all the diamonds I considered were in fact GIA or AGS?
My current e-ring is uncertified so I wanted to make sure not to make that same mistake

Swirl68

Shiny_Rock

The first stone was from James Allen’ s True Hearts line. All round stones in this line have either a GIA or AGS certificate.

Ereeg

Rough_Rock

JT123

Shiny_Rock
I was so close to getting that one! It’s beautiful. I just don’t know my intended’s color sensitivity or tolerance so I went with a G. But I still want that one! Ha enjoy hope you post pictures after you receive it!
Thank you ! Yeah it's best to be on the safe side with the G.
I'm doing the setting yellow gold so I think I'll be OK. I will def post pics once I get it!

Ereeg

Rough_Rock
Oh yes for sure that will look amazing in yellow gold. My girlfriend wears a lot of rose gold so I thought about going that way for the engagement ring, but decided to play it safe. Wish I wasn’t such a romantic and I have this huge surprise planned (we looked at rings a year ago but I don’t remember anything but the prices at Tiffany’s scaring me hahaha) so I could get more details on what she really wants, but alas, it will be amazing! Congrats!!

JT123

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE rose gold. I keep going back and forth if I should use it for my setting!It's supposedly tougher or less scratch resistant than YG. YG scratches easily. I think I read RG does turn more "red" with time

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results