shape
carat
color
clarity

Mona (Instagram: moissy_diamond_jewelry) formerly fr. Starsgem

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I think you should buy one. :twisted2:
Haha!!! Oh, man...I have so many stones on my wishlist, already. :lol: Nearly all of them antique cuts, too! :love:

I've been trying to offload the loose colorless H&A stone I got from Mona, but it's not moving. It's not a bad stone, I'd just rather have antique, warmer stones at the moment. :appl:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ahhhhhhhhhhh Mona just sent me these vids of the criss-cut.

dammit, only 1 is working to upload, 2nd one coming soon!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2nd one!

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Oooohhh...what do you think? :twisted2:;-)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol: Same...every time she posts an antique cut I try hard not to message her and ask to make a ring. :lol::shock:
Haha exactly! So hard! I didn't even know this cut existed until I saw the diamondrensu post, and I didn't like that color. But seeing it here is just lovely!

But there are so many other things on my "want" list!

tpl001

Rough_Rock
Aaaaahhh!!! You're right, the wait is a pain. I'm so excited to see your ring! :love::appl:
Here is my ring. I love it so much. The detail melee stone on the basket is perfect. Working with Mona is a breeze. I recommend her business. I hope these pics help.
DSC_0016.jpg DSC_0021.jpg
These two above are in low yellow light indoor.

DSC_0025(1).jpg DSC_0026(1).jpg DSC_0030.jpg
These three are outdoor on a cloudy day. I have not had a sunny day in my area yet. I will update pics on a sunny day soon ;)2;)2;)2

tpl001

Rough_Rock
:lol: Same...every time she posts an antique cut I try hard not to message her and ask to make a ring. :lol::shock:

Same here. I recently drooling over her chubby ACC 7x8mm stone. :P2:P2:P2

Last edited:

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my ring. I love it so much. The detail melee stone on the basket is perfect. Working with Mona is a breeze. I recommend her business. I hope these pics help.
DSC_0016.jpg DSC_0021.jpg
These two above are in low yellow light indoor.

DSC_0025(1).jpg DSC_0026(1).jpg DSC_0030.jpg
These three are outdoor on a cloudy day. I have not had a sunny day in my area yet. I will update pics on a sunny day soon ;)2;)2;)2
Oh wow!!! She did an amazing job! Your ring is lovely. :love::kiss2: I love the facets and the fine detail!

I'm glad another PS member had a great experience with her!

tpl001

Rough_Rock
Oh wow!!! She did an amazing job! Your ring is lovely. :love::kiss2: I love the facets and the fine detail!

I'm glad another PS member had a great experience with her!

Yes she did. Thank you. I am still trying to get used to this big stone haha :lol-2::lol-2::lol-2:. Though, if I make another ACC ring, it would be a chubby ACC canary yellow color with small culet center stone ring.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes she did. Thank you. I am still trying to get used to this big stone haha :lol-2::lol-2::lol-2:. Though, if I make another ACC ring, it would be a chubby ACC canary yellow color with small culet center stone ring.
Love your ring!!!! So pretty and the size is perfect on you!

pierrotlunette

Shiny_Rock
I have been working with Mona on a pair of H&A studs (6.5 mm each). She has sent me videos of both the DEF and the GH stones she uses (I'm assuming she sources from Starsgem, but I didn't ask). Both looked good; I wound up choosing the slightly warmer stones. She said she'll send me a CAD tomorrow and that the earrings should take about 10 days. I'll post reports and photos as we move through the process!

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I have been working with Mona on a pair of H&A studs (6.5 mm each). She has sent me videos of both the DEF and the GH stones she uses (I'm assuming she sources from Starsgem, but I didn't ask). Both looked good; I wound up choosing the slightly warmer stones. She said she'll send me a CAD tomorrow and that the earrings should take about 10 days. I'll post reports and photos as we move through the process!
Yay! I’m super excited for you! :dance: Yes, please post your progress! I will live vicariously through you, ha!

I’m glad Mona is getting more customers; she’s so sweet and definitely cares about what she does. A few weeks ago she told me she felt a little sad because a prospective customer didn’t feel comfortable working with her..apparently it was because her prices were low and he took it as a bad sign. I told her not to worry about that and she would get more customers eventually. =)2

pierrotlunette

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! I really like working with her - I know several people who did so when she was at SG (and have also read experiences of those on this board) and all reported positive experiences. It's nice to work with someone who is venturing out on their own, plus I know she already brings lengthy experience to the process. I'm hoping that smaller business may mean better attentiveness/communication. :)

For anyone who wants to look at the stones she's offering (or see some of her finished pieces), her Instagram is moissy_diamond_jewelry: https://www.instagram.com/p/BvMAcohnbDB/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Yay! I’m super excited for you! :dance: Yes, please post your progress! I will live vicariously through you, ha!

I’m glad Mona is getting more customers; she’s so sweet and definitely cares about what she does. A few weeks ago she told me she felt a little sad because a prospective customer didn’t feel comfortable working with her..apparently it was because her prices were low and he took it as a bad sign. I told her not to worry about that and she would get more customers eventually. =)2

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! I really like working with her - I know several people who did so when she was at SG (and have also read experiences of those on this board) and all reported positive experiences. It's nice to work with someone who is venturing out on their own, plus I know she already brings lengthy experience to the process. I'm hoping that smaller business may mean better attentiveness/communication. :)

For anyone who wants to look at the stones she's offering (or see some of her finished pieces), her Instagram is moissy_diamond_jewelry: https://www.instagram.com/p/BvMAcohnbDB/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet
Oh, I definitely agree. The only other vendor I worked with was Tianyu, which I thought was fine, but Mona was just much better. I never felt like I was rushed talking with her and I felt like she really cared. Not to mention she always sent me updates and actual pics of my stones that were cut! :D

I wonder if Starsgem teaches their employees to be customer service oriented because I’ve spoken to a couple from there and they’re super nice, too.

pierrotlunette

Shiny_Rock
I had a similar experience with Tianyu last summer. The customer service was okay, but I was super disappointed with the quality of the stone I received. Returned it and decided to go with something else.

Oh, I definitely agree. The only other vendor I worked with was Tianyu, which I thought was fine, but Mona was just much better. I never felt like I was rushed talking with her and I felt like she really cared. Not to mention she always sent me updates and actual pics of my stones that were cut! :D

I wonder if Starsgem teaches their employees to be customer service oriented because I’ve spoken to a couple from there and they’re super nice, too.

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Too much temptation on this thread! I got an elongated ACC from Tiyanu and loved it but sold it right away as the stone was too large for my taste. But I could go smaller...

I have been buying like I have money to spend. Must stop!!!

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Too much temptation on this thread! I got an elongated ACC from Tiyanu and loved it but sold it right away as the stone was too large for my taste. But I could go smaller...

I have been buying like I have money to spend. Must stop!!!
I've been trying very hard not to message Mona or anyone else for a 7mm OEC. She keeps posting photos of her OEC, though, and it's been driving me crazy! :lol:

I've been waiting on my other ring, though so I've been really antsy this past week. :oops:

tpl001

Rough_Rock
I've been trying very hard not to message Mona or anyone else for a 7mm OEC. She keeps posting photos of her OEC, though, and it's been driving me crazy! :lol:

I've been waiting on my other ring, though so I've been really antsy this past week. :oops:

I gotta take this new baby out for sunbathing. Allow me to provide more temptation on this thread. :lol::lol::lol:
_20190321_144851.JPG _20190321_144954.JPG _20190321_145139.JPG _20190321_145249.JPG _20190321_145349.JPG
The last pic. is a comparison with my VS2 I color diamond :mrgreen2::mrgreen2::mrgreen2:. My phone camera doesnt give this baby justice :cry2::cry2::cry2:

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Nnoooooooo.... :love::lol: Your rings are so gorgeous!!!

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I love it when I see free shipping! It’s a psychological thing, but I’ll buy one with free shipping before I’ll buy one without, even if it adds up to the same total :lol:
LOL, I know, right?? I am pretty sure it is express shipping with the total cost, too! =)2

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I gotta take this new baby out for sunbathing. Allow me to provide more temptation on this thread. :lol::lol::lol:
_20190321_144851.JPG _20190321_144954.JPG _20190321_145139.JPG _20190321_145249.JPG _20190321_145349.JPG
The last pic. is a comparison with my VS2 I color diamond :mrgreen2::mrgreen2::mrgreen2:. My phone camera doesnt give this baby justice :cry2::cry2::cry2:
oh my godddddd I am dead. I need a champagne version of this so badly!

miafab

Rough_Rock

This is fantastic! Would you mind sharing the price? It's ok if you don't, just want a ballpark
Was it platinum?
Really gorgeous!!

tpl001

Rough_Rock
This is fantastic! Would you mind sharing the price? It's ok if you don't, just want a ballpark
Was it platinum?
Really gorgeous!!
Thank you. This ring is platinum with 7x9mm ACC G/H color size 6. I got it made for $590 with paypal fee and shipping. During the making, Mona said the rough stone for this ring is in a good condition so it turned out DEF color after cut. Hence, I got it without extra charge. I guess lucky me.:clap::clap::clap:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results